| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1471, 1472, 1473, 1474, 1475, 1476, 1477 ... 1848  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 6:58 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I just ate my salad for dinner out of a mixing bowl. Love the summer.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:06 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

monkeytoes wrote:
ashley wrote:
Ah, I got the apartment I wanted and now I'm happy/completely nervous!

I'm 26 and I've never lived alone before. I've always lived with my mom, or with roommates (very briefly). I know it's beyond time for me to just do it, but yikes.

I hope you love it! As much as I am ready to live with my boyfriend, I really do like living alone. Even if you end up deciding it's not your ideal, that sort of independence is a good experience to have under your belt.

I'm pretty sure I'm going to love it once I get over my initial separation anxiety. I just feel like I can't live with my mom forever. She still does my laundry and makes my bed if I don't get to them fast enough myself! I'm like in perpetual child-mode. I love her, but it's just time. I hope this will actually improve our relationship because we'll only have to be around each other when we want to be.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:10 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Living alone is AWESOME. I'm sure you'll have a bit of an adjustment period, but hopefully you'll soon settle into being blissfully unbothered by anyone else's schedule/habits/standards of cleanliness/etc. Congrats on getting the apartment!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 8:19 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

My dogs who pride themselves on being the noisiest dogs in the neighborhood just totes embarrassed me in front of some alarm system salesman who was all what are your security needs and I was all lololol I don't want someone to break in and my dogs to eat them and then I have to clean up burglar blood and these mother fudging dogs are like haha lets pretend to be invisible and not make a sound and he wont even believe she has dogs. That dude is definitely going to rob me later. CAN'T EVEN BE BAD WHEN I NEED YOU TO GET ME OUT OF A SALES PITCH.*

*we've gotten out of the security system pitch numerous times before because of Chester's impressive vocals and appearance

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 9:40 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
My boyfriend texted me to say he found a big spider in his room and is now tearing his room apart to find any others. I told him as long is it was not a black widow or a brown recluse, all other colors are okay. And then I realized with shock that I am a spider racist.

I prefer to think of it as an objection to spiders that could KILL ME. (I was bitten by a black widow as a kid; fun times. Basically, my dad found some black widows and told me to stay away until he could take care of them. As soon as he left, I ran over to look. I had to really lean in and bend over to see the red spot on the belly. I was a smart kid.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:33 pm 
Nailed to the V

lavawitch wrote:
Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
My boyfriend texted me to say he found a big spider in his room and is now tearing his room apart to find any others. I told him as long is it was not a black widow or a brown recluse, all other colors are okay. And then I realized with shock that I am a spider racist.

I prefer to think of it as an objection to spiders that could KILL ME. (I was bitten by a black widow as a kid; fun times. Basically, my dad found some black widows and told me to stay away until he could take care of them. As soon as he left, I ran over to look. I had to really lean in and bend over to see the red spot on the belly. I was a smart kid.)

Apparently spiders do not like the smell of lavender or lemon so I, who do not like the sudden prize appearances spiders often make, often on the ceiling getting ready to fall into my hair! I burn lavender candles and Sicilian lemon ones ... dunno if it makes a diff but I have not seen one indoors yet this 'summer'.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:38 pm 
Nailed to the V

ashley wrote:
Ah, I got the apartment I wanted and now I'm happy/completely nervous!

I'm 26 and I've never lived alone before. I've always lived with my mom, or with roommates (very briefly). I know it's beyond time for me to just do it, but yikes.

Ashley

It will be wonderful ... I lived alone for 6 years before I married. You can close the door shutting out 'real life' things giving you time to look at them more clearly. You can open the door welcoming in your friends.
You can experiment with cooking, how the place will look, shopping carefully, accepting gratefully bits and pieces as you form a place that is a reflection of you.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 24, 2013 11:40 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I do not like Illustrator CC. What are all these tools?! I feel completely incompetent. I want my CS2 back.

It's like they found an excuse to move and change practically everything. I just worked through the "Lesson 0" chapter in the Illustrator CC Classroom in a book and it was kinda hard. Sheesh--my skills are all gone. Sad face.

Now I'm terrified to open Photoshop and find out I can't do anything there either. I used to be good at this stuff. Heck, I was even Adobe certified for a lot of years.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:04 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Freaking Comcast sent me into a blind rage tonight with their crappy download speeds, trash website, and nonexistent customer service. I don't think I've dropped the f-bomb that many times in a single hour since at least high school. Unfortunately, they're basically my only option for internet.

All I wanted to do was watch last night's Food Network Star, but it kept buffering every 90 seconds or so, which led me to do an internet search to figure out if I needed a better router, which led to a couple of sites that test internet speed. Mine's downloading at less than 1 mbps, as opposed to the "up to 50" that I'm paying for. If I wanted crepe speeds, I'd be paying 2/3 less each month. mustards.

(edited to fix ragey typos)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:40 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Keep a log of your speeds and call them to get a partial refund. They will do it, but you have to decide if saving $15-20 is worth the aggravation, frustration, and sheer torture of dealing with their tiers of customer "service." Usually it isn't.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:57 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

zelavie wrote:
Freaking Comcast sent me into a blind rage tonight with their crappy download speeds, trash website, and nonexistent customer service. I don't think I've dropped the f-bomb that many times in a single hour since at least high school. Unfortunately, they're basically my only option for internet.

All I wanted to do was watch last night's Food Network Star, but it kept buffering every 90 seconds or so, which led me to do an internet search to figure out if I needed a better router, which led to a couple of sites that test internet speed. Mine's downloading at less than 1 mbps, as opposed to the "up to 50" that I'm paying for. If I wanted crepe speeds, I'd be paying 2/3 less each month. mustards.

(edited to fix ragey typos)

Ugh, I feel your pain. I have Comcast, and we get the crappiest Internet service in our apartment. When we first moved in we had them come switch out the router to see if that would help (it didn't), which was suppose to be free but Comcast tried to bill me 100 for it. Yeah, no. It took me a few days to get that sorted, I finally just used their only chat thing because on the phone I was just getting passed around from place to place and it was getting no where. Comcast is horrible. I thought about calling to try to get them to refund us because of how slow the Internet was, but after how ridiculously frustrating it was to get them to take something off the bill I shouldn't have even been charged for in the first place, I gave up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 4:21 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Finally I have covered all the veg* restaurants in Munich! Yesterday my boyfriend and I went to the last one I was missing as a birthday celebration (gaaaahh I am old!!!). It was good but nothing special, and considering that it's supposed to be the fancy veg* place in town, I was slightly disappointed. I had some kind of japanese wok veggies with rice. Now at least I know that I should stick to the awesome vegan place!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 6:54 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I just want to hide under my desk and have a good cry. I know (period) hormones are making me super emotional but that knowledge isn't helping today like it usually does. I can't turn off my crazy thoughts!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 7:42 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

So I got good news and bad news. I'm going to be transferred to a newly created post. It is right up my alley and I will get to run a lot of psycho educational groups. The bad news is that I can't start for another 3 weeks because of a few minor but important technicalities (necessary managers on leave).

The even better news is that my current manager is trying to chase up some payments that I should have been getting the past few years but wasn't. I could be due up to 20k in back money. Granted 50% of it will be gone in tax but if I do get it then I will have money to pay for the first year of my course and money to do lots in my house to make it more liveable and a home.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:24 am 
Nailed to the V

I watched Under the Dome last night and then I had nightmares about it all night, but all about my cats, now I'm up and I don't want to go to work ahhhh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:27 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

teacup wrote:
It will be wonderful ... I lived alone for 6 years before I married. You can close the door shutting out 'real life' things giving you time to look at them more clearly. You can open the door welcoming in your friends.
You can experiment with cooking, how the place will look, shopping carefully, accepting gratefully bits and pieces as you form a place that is a reflection of you.

It's so true! I had huge revelations about who I am when I finally went roommate-free in my early twenties. I met my (now) husband when I was 23 and moved in together pretty quickly and I missed my alone-life! During the course of our relationships I've had two long periods of time where for school/work I've been able to revisit having a little apartment of my own, and I've loved it.

It's a special point in your life, and a very fortunate one too that not everyone gets. Enjoy! :)

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 8:52 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

fisticuffs wrote:
I just want to hide under my desk and have a good cry. I know (period) hormones are making me super emotional but that knowledge isn't helping today like it usually does. I can't turn off my crazy thoughts!

(((Hugs)))) dear!

daisychain wrote:
So I got good news and bad news. I'm going to be transferred to a newly created post. It is right up my alley and I will get to run a lot of psycho educational groups. The bad news is that I can't start for another 3 weeks because of a few minor but important technicalities (necessary managers on leave).

The even better news is that my current manager is trying to chase up some payments that I should have been getting the past few years but wasn't. I could be due up to 20k in back money. Granted 50% of it will be gone in tax but if I do get it then I will have money to pay for the first year of my course and money to do lots in my house to make it more liveable and a home.

That's great, daisychain! Sounds like the good news definitely outweighs the bad!

RE: Living alone, this one's for Ashley:

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 10:55 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

More unsubstantiated anti-soy shiitake on Facebook. This time it's my hairdresser. Ugh.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:47 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

((((Fisticuffs)))) I miss you! <3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 12:51 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

daisychain wrote:

That's great news! And three weeks will pass by in a flash!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:00 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

It's funny when an old thread you made gets unearthed and you start reading it having completely forgotten it was you who made it in the first place.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 1:55 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'm aggravated with other people on the internet trying to push the myth of "sister sizes" in bras. Stop it. If one size doesn't fit you, maybe you're just not that size. And if two different sizes fit you, one of them is better - choose that one - and hey, guess what, that's your size. If they're exactly the same, then that manufacturer forked up.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:03 pm 
Dead by dawn

I did biometric screening at work today (voluntary thing that gets you monies towards your health insurance.) My total cholesterol was 133, my ratio of "bad" to total was off the charts on the good end, and the only reason the "good" was merely in the upper reaches of the acceptable range and not in the "you're a cholesterol rock star" range was because the total is so low. Go veganism!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:05 pm 
Dead by dawn

Fee wrote:
I'm aggravated with other people on the internet trying to push the myth of "sister sizes" in bras. Stop it. If one size doesn't fit you, maybe you're just not that size. And if two different sizes fit you, one of them is better - choose that one - and hey, guess what, that's your size. If they're exactly the same, then that manufacturer forked up.

I blame Victoria's Secret for that garbage. Like I seriously think they are the ones who invented the concept.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 25, 2013 2:50 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I made this owlbot today. His wings flap and his head turns and he hoots and his eyes light up red. I took a video, but don't know how to upload it to anything, though.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46184 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1471, 1472, 1473, 1474, 1475, 1476, 1477 ... 1848  Next