| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 10:45 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1482, 1483, 1484, 1485, 1486, 1487, 1488 ... 1859  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 10:49 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Meggs wrote:
I get to go to L.A. in two days! I'm so excited! If anyone has places I MUST go (I'm sure you all do) I'd love to take your opinions and ideas into consideration while planning my time there.
Although, it's highly likely I'll just chill at the beach and not do much of anything.

Griffith Observatory is really awesome. Especially if it's actually open when you go. If not, be like me and just think how dreamy/tortured James Deen was in Rebel Without a Cause while you check out the killer view. Also, the LaBrea Tar Pits are pretty cool, if you like dinosaurs and the smell of sulfur. And Veggie Grill.

Oh. If you have a chance to drive even a little of the PCH, it is beyond gorgeous. Like, seriously-how-is-this-real amazing.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Mon Jul 01, 2013 11:03 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

kara kara wrote:
Do I apply for a job across the country, even though we're not ready to move yet? We were planning on September, but I don't know if another wine buyer position will open up between now and then. Obviously, I don't know if I'll get it, but I have an in with the team leader. Decisionsssssssss.

Apply for it! If you have to, you could always find a temp place for you to live for a couple months, or they could delay your start. Who knows how things could work out? September isn't that far off!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:03 am 
Dead by dawn

lavawitch wrote:
kara kara wrote:
Do I apply for a job across the country, even though we're not ready to move yet? We were planning on September, but I don't know if another wine buyer position will open up between now and then. Obviously, I don't know if I'll get it, but I have an in with the team leader. Decisionsssssssss.

Apply for it! If you have to, you could always find a temp place for you to live for a couple months, or they could delay your start. Who knows how things could work out? September isn't that far off!

Yes! Better a job sooner than expected than a missed opportunity.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:18 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Agreed. Go for the job. (You can always turn it down if you're offered it and it doesn't seem possible to take it.)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Go for the job. September is only a few weeks away really and they might be ok with delaying the start day a small bit.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:16 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Speaking of strikes, I had a dream that we went on strike at my workplace but for some reason held our current customers hostage. We made them dinner and stuff and in my dream mind it was totally legit and not cruel at all. The owner of our business was in on it and being really nice to me. It was...a pleasant dream until I woke up and was like what the fork was that?!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 10:23 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I had a dream last night that I was trying to swim laps, but this friend of mine that I work with that is always hitting on me kept bugging me about when we were going to go on some work trip together, and then there were all these swim team politics happening around me and I was like, 'I just wanna swim laps!'

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:02 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

Thanks for the encouragement, guys. I'm gonna go for it.

The posting doesn't close until the 10th, and with the way the company works, they probably won't have interviews for at least a week after that. Then I'd have to give my store notice, and by the time everything happens, it'll probably be mid-August or later anyway. I guess I didn't think about how long the whole thing actually takes. Still, yikes!

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:26 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

It's been Creep Week at my work and it is pissing me off. Yesterday this shitbag mysoginist client we have came into the shop and kept calling me "baby" and "girl" instead of, I don't know, MY NAME, and today one of the guys I work with scares the shiitake out of me by appearing outside of my open window while I'm out in my car eating lunch. He starts asking me to do some random administrative task for him, which is not my job even if I wasn't on break, and when I tell him as much he's like, "aww, I thought you were going to do me a favor." When I told him I wasn't, he starts asking me where I live, if I've been to some amusement park a few hours away... I'm just like, "dude, I'm trying to enjoy my lunch." This guy "accidentally" copped a feel once when he was squeezing past me in the hallway, so his creeping is unfortunately not an isolated incident. I'm friendly enough with all the guys at work, but he's pretty new and we're barely spoken, so it's really inappropriate for him to forking ambush me while I'm clocked out and alone in my car.

I don't know, there's no real point to this, I just feel gross and needed to vent.

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:29 pm 
WELFARIST!

Next time he appears at your car door, accidentally hit him with the car door while you open it to ask what the fork he wants.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 12:33 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Next time he appears at your car door, accidentally hit him with the car door while you open it to ask what the fork he wants.

This is a good plan, I will be doing this.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 1:43 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Hugs Amanadabear. I had to deal with a serious creep at work. I recommend keeping a log of anything creepy he does just incase.

I'm seriously going to regret that 2 hour nap. I just couldn't stay awake which is a right pain because for the last week I have been having trouble getting to sleep at night.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:02 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ugh. Sorry about the creeps, ab! Recently a guy at work called me "red" so I said "hi, I'm paula, what's your name?" Now he has no excuse to call me red again.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:06 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Thanks, guys! Ijdi, the sad part is that this guy totally knows my name. He was calling the other woman who works here "sweetheart" right after being introduced to her and explicitly told her name. He's just a jerk.

I don't feel super comfortable discussing stuff like this (or anything, really, I hate my job so much) with my boss, so my strategy with the creepshow coworker has thus far been avoidance, but if he pulls anything again I'm pretty sure that's going to change. Like Mr. Shankly said, a swift car door to the balls might help clear things up.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 4:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Volunteering at an animal rescue tomorrow or Thursday. So lucking forward to it. Also hoping I can make it home without one of the adorable kitties they have at present.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 7:31 pm 
WELFARIST!

Do people not understand how to post apartments on Craigslist? It's really not that hard! Stop posting in ALL CAPS ABOUT YOUR SPACIOUS ROOM WITH UTILITIES INCLUDED, post actual information- not just that there's an apt for rent and call Bob because he could be your next serial killer or the apartment could be exactly what you're not looking for, post pictures of the room/apt and for the love of trying to rent that apt/room- clean the damn thing before you take the pic. I mean really, at least clean it up a little bit before you post a picture of it and have it be clear so that I can tell what I'm looking at and not just have a pic of the front of the building, I care more about what's inside of it. Also, a little spell check never hurt anyone (I'm looking at you, "Room for students/young profassionals").

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 8:01 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Morgan Freeman was apparently riding a bicycle in my town today (they're filming scenes for a movie here). Do you know how much I want to see Morgan Freeman bicycling around town? So much.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 9:11 pm 
Nooch of Earl

Mr. Shankly wrote:
Do people not understand how to post apartments on Craigslist? It's really not that hard! Stop posting in ALL CAPS ABOUT YOUR SPACIOUS ROOM WITH UTILITIES INCLUDED, post actual information- not just that there's an apt for rent and call Bob because he could be your next serial killer or the apartment could be exactly what you're not looking for, post pictures of the room/apt and for the love of trying to rent that apt/room- clean the damn thing before you take the pic. I mean really, at least clean it up a little bit before you post a picture of it and have it be clear so that I can tell what I'm looking at and not just have a pic of the front of the building, I care more about what's inside of it. Also, a little spell check never hurt anyone (I'm looking at you, "Room for students/young profassionals").

I mostly assume places are shiitakeholes if they don't have pictures, and this is mostly true, although we found our current place in a too-good-to-be-true craigslist ad and it really was that awesome (huge place, gorgeous views albeit right over the interstate, insane (~80'x30', multi-level) deck, cheaper than almost all the other places we looked at. So you never know!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 02, 2013 11:46 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

I have a p.rad job interviewy typed thing tomorrow, but all of my mildly dressy clothes and shaving toolz are at home. I don't even have a key to get in since the locks were changed today. bollocks.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:33 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
Morgan Freeman was apparently riding a bicycle in my town today (they're filming scenes for a movie here). Do you know how much I want to see Morgan Freeman bicycling around town? So much.

Get out there now!!!!!! Do it!!! Stalk!!!!

I need to get my butt in gear and go about claiming back all these PPI's. Like seriously. That money could be put to incredibly good use. Seeing someone that is due back a couple of grand announce it on facebook this morning may be the push I need.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:57 am 
Nailed to the V

Three days before my wedding is a great time to have my second ever migraine, thanks body! :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 5:25 am 
Not NOT A Furry

Good gawd daisychain! I thought everyone who had a claim must've claimed by now! You're the person all these sodding cold callers are hunting for!

joshua do you have anyone you could borrow from? Or perhaps you could lie a little, apologise for your attire and say you've had a flood or a fire in your building? You can buy disposable shaving stuff I imagine.

vixki has it occurred to you that the stress of the wedding countdown might be the cause of the migraine?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:13 am 
Nailed to the V

^ yeah I think it could be. Also I banged my head hard on monday so maybe it's leftover from that. Starting to feel slightly more human now. about time too, been in pain since last night. Had dreams about people being shot in the head.

Rang my mum, she said "oh yeah, I started getting migraines when I was your age" add that to the ibs, caffeine intolerance, mega period pains and anxiety problems i've inherited from her, seems I have great genes :P

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 6:46 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I haven't weighed myself in a few months, but I could tell I'm gaining weight, so I pulled the scale out. I'm about 10 pounds heavier than I was spring of last year, when I was actually paying attention to my food and exercising regularly. I was about 60 pounds overweight for most of my life, so it would be nice for that to not start happening again. I guess I need to get my asparagus in gear, but SO LAZY.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 03, 2013 7:41 am 
Not NOT A Furry

I know how you feel creep. I keep waiting til I'm in the 'right frame of mind' but it just ain't happening and meanwhile the pounds continue to creep on (no pun intended!)

Glad you're starting to feel better vixki. I often think I inherited all the shiitake genes from my parents and none of the good stuff - short, chubby, short sighted, from my mum & premature white hair, eczema, asthma from my dad. And the combination of both their genes must have caused spine curvature as most of us have it but I don't see it in any other family. And don't get me started on the emotional crepe they've passed along, adding their own variations to the recipe!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46470 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1482, 1483, 1484, 1485, 1486, 1487, 1488 ... 1859  Next