| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 31, 2014 6:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1487, 1488, 1489, 1490, 1491, 1492, 1493 ... 1828  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:15 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

mollyjade wrote:
I'm so glad I don't live with my parents. I would go crazy. If I didn't starve first. Who offers someone raspberries and then gives them just four raspberries? That's like a quarter of a serving. And they took me to two burger joints for lunch on Thursday. Two! Double french fries and a handful of peanuts for lunch when I'm in an area with at least ten vegan restaurants and countless vegan-friendly ones.

My parents have many admirable qualities, but by day three of a visit, they're hard to remember.

Parents and food are funny! I tried to take my parents to a lovely local/seasonal/charming restaurant that I'd read about (where they could get lots of food they like, and I had called ahead to see if they could make me anything vegan and they were so nice!) when we went to wine country and they just wanted to go to a chain restaurant (where all i could get was a spinach salad, hold the bacon, hold the cheese, they weren't nice about it at all). Everyone has a comfort zone, I guess. I feel you! At least this was just one restaurant and not two!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:53 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Why does someone keep following and then un-following and then re-following me on Instagram every day, sometime multiple times a day? Are they trying to get my attention so that I follow them?!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:11 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

It's probably a bot.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:16 pm 

Ruby Rose wrote:
It's probably a bot.

It's not, they have followers and a profile saying they're vegan.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:22 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Weird. My instagram has been really glitchy since the last update, maybe there's something going on in that realm?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:35 pm 

Oh maybe. It's definitely odd!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 6:49 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

creep wrote:
Friend who I love but don't really spend time with anymore is having a baby shower an hour away. It's a busy weekend already, and it feels like a chore to go. But I feel like a jerk for feeling that way. I'm a jerk!

Boring suburban lady gathering. Everyone was wearing colorful cotton Old Navy-esque summer dresses, and I was in jeans. No one laughed at my baby thunderdome joke. wah wah wah.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:12 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I don't have the attention span to watch anything on my Amazon watchlist. Why do I have to be finished with both Fringe and Downton Abbey? I wish it would hurry up and be bedtime. I'm ready for this day to be over.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:08 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Molly dropped her favorite sparkly pink cat ball behind a heavy piece of furniture. Now she is running up and down looking back and forth between me and the cabinet, giving her little distress clicks, her way of saying: mom, get my ball!

Even if I wanted to, I couldn't get it. I gave her the sparkly blue ball but she just wants the pink one.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:06 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

allularpunk wrote:
I wish it would hurry up and be bedtime. I'm ready for this day to be over.

Ditto.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:49 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

allularpunk wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
My parents have many admirable qualities, but by day three of a visit, they're hard to remember.

That just made me laugh out loud. I was just saying this about my parents after their last visit. That the first day is great because we're all so happy to see each other, but by the following morning (I can't imagine three days with them) my mom is back to harping about my job and how much money I don't make and how I don't have health insurance, and my dad's off color jokes and loud public farting (and then blaming it on me) get pretty old. At that point, I'm suuuuper ready for them to go.

Dude. My dad does the super loud public farting, too! We'll be walking down the street, and he'll stop, so I stop. Then he farts and starts walking really quickly (for him). What the fork s that?!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:59 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

ndpittman wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
mollyjade wrote:

That just made me laugh out loud. I was just saying this about my parents after their last visit. That the first day is great because we're all so happy to see each other, but by the following morning (I can't imagine three days with them) my mom is back to harping about my job and how much money I don't make and how I don't have health insurance, and my dad's off color jokes and loud public farting (and then blaming it on me) get pretty old. At that point, I'm suuuuper ready for them to go.

Dude. My dad does the super loud public farting, too! We'll be walking down the street, and he'll stop, so I stop. Then he farts and starts walking really quickly (for him). What the fork s that?!

My dad likes to do it while we're browsing at a bookstore and he'll immediately go, 'Jessica!'

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:08 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

So while I'm still really weird with the concept of people I went to highschool with, even people younger, having kids, several people are now pregnant with their second. Now I really feel behind on everyone else, even if I don't want kids XD

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:15 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Guys, I could really, really do without this chest infection right now. I feel so ill and I have to go walk Lex monster, shower, head to my cousins and wash the dishes, clean the floors and tend to the clothes washing, go get the little guy some black clothes in the city then go to say prayers and see the body for the first time then go back to the house and tolerate relatives that are awful because they are the only ones doing any talking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:58 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'm super tired, but it's a sunny day so I want to spend it in the woods. I think 20km away? = 40km+ cycling? I just have to decide if snacks are enough, or if I should make a pancake or something now. I want to have sugar space for a pint of awesomepants ice creamz later, but I'm worried about doing 40+km on a smoothie, even though I feel super, super full right now.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:48 am 

AP, my dad says my name, too! And he says it in this accusatory way. Never in a book store though; I think I'd die.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think I carried too much weight home yesterday. My arms feel bruised, but I don't have any bruises. They mostly only hurt when I touch them, which is weird. Oh well.

Today is the last day of my holiday. I really wish I had more time off. But I'mma make the most of today by sitting around, eating a bunch of crepe, and watching TV (on the computer). Doing stuff can happen tomorrow.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:47 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm up super early (for me) and got about 3-4 hours of sleep. I feel terrible. What makes it worse is that I started getting a really nice sleep/wake schedule and it was great, I was finally sleeping well. Then one night (I can't remember when and/or how) I ended up having to be up all night and that totally forked up my sleep schedule. Now it's been getting progressively worse.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:41 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

ndpittman wrote:
AP, my dad says my name, too! And he says it in this accusatory way. Never in a book store though; I think I'd die.

He's been doing it since I was a child...but you can imagine how mortified I was when I was in high school. There was a lot of, 'Daaaad! Gawd!' going on.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 8:42 am 

booberthefraggle wrote:
it is 80f and 90% humidity at midnight in maine rn.

helpp

Yeah I flew into PHL last night after a week in CO where it was in the 60s at night? As we began our descent around midnight, the pilot was like "oh yeah and it's 87F on the ground here" and you could just hear everyone on the plane go ugggggghhhhhhh.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 10:38 am 
Nooch of Earl

Shy Mox wrote:
So while I'm still really weird with the concept of people I went to highschool with, even people younger, having kids, several people are now pregnant with their second. Now I really feel behind on everyone else, even if I don't want kids XD

It was so weird to me when I connected to some old friends from my first high school a few years ago and several of them already had toddlers. Yikes! At that point I was one of the only people in my social group from my second high school to even be married!! And now that I have kids, it's just 3 of us who do while everyone else has all of a sudden gotten married in the last year or so. The Navy people tend to have kids pretty young too. I think it's so interesting how the norms are totally different from group to group--but the takeaway is that whenever you undertake a life change like that, you won't be the first or the last person you encounter to do so.

But personally I'm really glad that we had lots of good married without children years first, and I was in my thirties before I even remotely wanted kids.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 11:12 am 
Impressive boner

rachell37 wrote:
I think I carried too much weight home yesterday. My arms feel bruised, but I don't have any bruises. They mostly only hurt when I touch them, which is weird. Oh well.

It could be DOMS. I sometimes have tender-to-the-touch muscles after a tough training session. Feels bruised, even though its not.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 12:35 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
You guys, this ad:

I can't decide if all the innuendo is intentional, or if the ad makers were just completely clueless. No one could be that clueless, right?

i'm talking to my mom, and she just told me that she got one of these, but "it exploded all over me!"

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:13 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

Shy Mox wrote:
. . . several people are now pregnant with their second. Now I really feel behind on everyone else, even if I don't want kids XD

If you don't want them you can consider yourself way in front then - because you're already in the freedom to please yourself phase and they have another 15-20 years to go!! They'll soon be envying you!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:14 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I left my bagel on a plate and went out of the room for a minute. There is a foot print in my cream cheese. Molly has a suspicious white substance on her belly feathers.

Where is Nancy Drew when you need her?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45684 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1487, 1488, 1489, 1490, 1491, 1492, 1493 ... 1828  Next