| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1491, 1492, 1493, 1494, 1495, 1496, 1497 ... 1851  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:39 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I'm going through this career crisis thing and I've been called in for more than twenty interviews for different jobs. You know what sucks? Nerves. You know what rules? Practice. I feel like I can rock the interviews now. If I could only settle on a career path...

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:32 am 
WELFARIST!

I'm getting some extremely important news later today and I can't sleep because I'm so nervous.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:39 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

I just witnessed someone's autocorrect using "Mabel Tivo" in place of "Mazel Tov".

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:54 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Vijita, me neither. I still have no idea what I want to do. It's incredibly frustrating.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:29 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Me too! I think eventually I'd like a job where I don't get covered in dog hair every day, and I worry that I'm not going to be able to physically do my job for the rest of my life. Plus, no vacation, benefits, etc., and I'm the only person who does my job at my workplace, so if I take a day off, the business doesn't make any money off grooming either.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:20 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

The internet is raising my blood pressure today. First I've still got no idea what's happening with these cooking classes I'm supposed to be teaching because the girl in charge is non-communicative and disorganized, so I got to the Facebook page to look up such important things as, oh, when I should forking be there, and see that she never changed the press release saying that I am 'vegan to promote health' like I asked her to. So now I've been properly misrepresented, and have to send her an email asking basic questions that I should already know the answers to, but also tell her to please not say that about any of my future classes, because 'health' is not the focus of what I will be cooking.

Then the comments on Desdemona's Facebook post about how omnivores keep calling themselves carnivores.

Then some vapid woman I know who is constantly posting shiitake about how much she and her fiancé are in looooooove (whatever, but come on) posted some thing supposedly written by Brad Pitt about how he basically cured Angelina Jolie of her eating disorder by loving her to pieces, even though he was on the verge of leaving her because she was so sick, and then it says at the bottom 'if you love her to the point of madness, she will become it', which makes no forking sense, and the whole thing perpetuates the stereotype that eating disorders are just so easy to cure and that if you love someone enough, it'll make it all better, and OMG thank goodness he realized it before he left her, for, you know, having a forking disease, because that would make him a major crasshole.

I should stay off the internet today. I need that period app, even though I'm not on my period...just ragey.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:56 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

joshua wrote:
teacup wrote:
ice-cream / pasta ... one cannot compare them ...

I think that's kind of the point

like when people say "I'd rather die than spend an hour in a room with X" or something. it's exaggerating a point. in this case, the point is pretty stupid, but still. I don't think anyone is actually recommending someone eats ice cream for dinner for nutritional merit.

geez.

the saga continues- I heard a different person (a man) walking by my cubicle saying "I'm trying to be smarter about carbs, but it's hard."

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:25 pm 
WELFARIST!

I've discovered that one of my favorite simple sammich recipes is the hummus with braised lemon pepper tofu wrap recipe in Quick Fix Vegetarian. It's up there in my lunchtime favorites rankings!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:42 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I just got an email forward with a ticket confirmation to a Colorado rodeo. Obviously a wrong address. Should I be a grown up and send off my standard "wrong address" email, or should I be a jerk and send a link to a "rodeos suck" website?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 1:58 pm 
Impressive boner

Mr8 is telling me off in a good-natured way for eating so badly at the moment. I'm not bothered about eating properly because it's hot, I'm busy, have limited funds and am really tired. He's pressed money into my hand and asked me to get something with vegetables for lunch tomorrow instead of making toast and ramen at work (the money could set me up with toast and ramen for a week...).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:13 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

So I don't usually drink coffee but I stopped at the Dunkin Donuts in my town because they are the only DD I know of that actually stocks soy milk. Before ordering I grabbed a travel mug from their display rack since my wife keeps mentioning we need more of them. I order a coffee, hand them the mug and tell them they can put the coffee right in the new mug. So this high school punk working the counter rings me, looks at the mug and goes "that's a nice mug you picked out man" in a tone I can only describe as "teenage tool-esque". I probably just smiled or nodded, not really sure, as I was in a rush to get back to work. So I get back to work with my coffee and about an hour later notice that under the DD logo on the mug it reads, and I should mention I am a dude... "This Mom Runs on Dunkin". I apparently mouthed "that son of a b*tch" out loud as my graduate assistant heard me and asked if everything was alright. So I'm debating whether I should come up with a witty but harmless "mom" joke to deliver this wise asparagus next time I pop in (something to the effect of "so did your mom like the mug I bought her?" but wittier (haven't come up with a zinger yet), or if I should just act my age and not play. I'm 35, so I'm thinking I'm too old now for shenanigans like this, even if it's in good fun.

Sorry for the rant

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:20 pm 
Baking In The Flavor

mollyjade wrote:
I just got an email forward with a ticket confirmation to a Colorado rodeo. Obviously a wrong address. Should I be a grown up and send off my standard "wrong address" email, or should I be a jerk and send a link to a "rodeos suck" website?

I was unaware there were "rodeos suck" websites. There really is a website for everything these days. And ps. I would do it.. but I'm pretty immature.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:21 pm 
Dead by dawn

Quarantined wrote:
joshua wrote:
teacup wrote:
ice-cream / pasta ... one cannot compare them ...

I think that's kind of the point

like when people say "I'd rather die than spend an hour in a room with X" or something. it's exaggerating a point. in this case, the point is pretty stupid, but still. I don't think anyone is actually recommending someone eats ice cream for dinner for nutritional merit.

geez.

the saga continues- I heard a different person (a man) walking by my cubicle saying "I'm trying to be smarter about carbs, but it's hard."

That could mean a million things, though. Anything from "Ehrmagerd, carbs r bad 4 u!" to "I'm trying to get more of my carbs from whole grains and fresh fruit, and less from potato chips and pixie stix."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 2:24 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

^Yeah, that. Nothing wrong with being smart about what we eat!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:04 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

true, it was just funny after the carbs in pasta vs. ice cream thing yesterday :)

"If I were M. de la Viandeviande, I would now write a thirteen page post about how you have to have free will to be vegan, but modern science does not suggest any evidence for free will, therefore it is impossible to be vegan." -mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 3:09 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

The people I'm working with to teach these cooking classes keep implying that I am a pain in the asparagus because I'm broke and expect a) financial compensation for the cooking and teaching I'm doing, and b) would like to be reimbursed for groceries I buy for demos and classes. Sorry, I can't afford to just cook a bunch of food for people for free! I am really, really tempted to just say fork it and not do it, but they already have 3 classes for me to teach lined up, and I'm such a responsibility person that I feel bad, even though they're driving me crazy.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 4:44 pm 
Ninja Master

I should've known better than to give my dad my netflix login. He has watched so many shitty films on the Wii that you should see the bollocks they are recommending me!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 5:58 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

This morning I was stretching to get a roll of bubble wrap from a box on a very high shelf. The roll fell out of the box and hit me smack on the bridge of the nose with the edge of the cardboard tube in the middle. I literally have a bruise and bump on my nose from being hit in the face with bubble wrap.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 6:17 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Might buy a car today which is my birthday wuuut

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 9:25 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

allularpunk wrote:
The people I'm working with to teach these cooking classes keep implying that I am a pain in the asparagus because I'm broke and expect a) financial compensation for the cooking and teaching I'm doing, and b) would like to be reimbursed for groceries I buy for demos and classes. Sorry, I can't afford to just cook a bunch of food for people for free! I am really, really tempted to just say fork it and not do it, but they already have 3 classes for me to teach lined up, and I'm such a responsibility person that I feel bad, even though they're driving me crazy.

that sucks! definitely do not let them push you around or guilt you into not getting paid/reimbursed! of course they should pay for the ingredients and your time and expertise.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 10:46 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

phwoar, a mate gave me an old Airport Express. it's better than the old DLink I had. just pulled 8.6MB/s download via usenet!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:30 pm 
Dead by dawn

Stoopid neighbors. We have a triplex and two duplexes right next to us, all rental units. We have told the tenants time and again, verbally and in writing, to STOP PARKING IN OUR DRIVEWAY, but two of them just keep doing it. Is it really a foreign concept that you do not leave your car on someone else's private property? Trespassing aside, one of them parks like a total knob, double-parking, blocking access to people's homes, blocking the fire lane. Last time one of us left a note on his car, he started pounding on doors until one of my poor neighbors answered and he made her super uncomfortable, asking her repeatedly if she was sure she wasn't the one who wrote the note, if she was sure someone in her house hadn't written the note... I am sending a notice to his landlord because I am a crotchedly old lady who wants this damn kid (and his piece of shiitake car) off her lawn. But I think we're going to have to resort to having him towed to get the message across.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 10, 2013 11:40 pm 
Dead by dawn

Mars wrote:

Happy Birthday!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:08 am 
Nailed to the V

Mars wrote:

Happy Birthday!

have CAKE!

but not while you are driving ... if you do purchase an automobile today do tell us what colour it is.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 12:57 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARS!!!!!!

so, i found out that at some point mike birbiglia did a standup set in a variety show hosted by the muppets. he followed fozzie bear. hello, so many loves of my life in the same place at once. i really hate knowing that i could have been a part of this and wasn't.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1491, 1492, 1493, 1494, 1495, 1496, 1497 ... 1851  Next