| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 3:42 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1492, 1493, 1494, 1495, 1496, 1497, 1498 ... 1861  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:19 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Happy birthday!

I just bought really ridiculous short spandex running shorts to wear under my work pants (I'm out in the field, have an hour drive home, and want to change out of my disgusting muddy pants before I get home but there's nowhere to do so).

Anyway I'm never going to wear them outside of the house/my car, so I went for the bright blue with pink polka dots and I was ALMOST embarrassed pushing the order button. Whatevvver.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 7:27 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

monkeytoes wrote:
Stoopid neighbors. We have a triplex and two duplexes right next to us, all rental units. We have told the tenants time and again, verbally and in writing, to STOP PARKING IN OUR DRIVEWAY, but two of them just keep doing it. Is it really a foreign concept that you do not leave your car on someone else's private property? Trespassing aside, one of them parks like a total knob, double-parking, blocking access to people's homes, blocking the fire lane. Last time one of us left a note on his car, he started pounding on doors until one of my poor neighbors answered and he made her super uncomfortable, asking her repeatedly if she was sure she wasn't the one who wrote the note, if she was sure someone in her house hadn't written the note... I am sending a notice to his landlord because I am a crotchedly old lady who wants this damn kid (and his piece of shiitake car) off her lawn. But I think we're going to have to resort to having him towed to get the message across.

Whaaat? How is that okay?

If I came home to an unknown car in my driveway and there was no one around to say why the fork they parked in my driveway, I would call a wrecker service in a heartbeat. Is your driveway attached to another driveway or something confusing like that?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:26 am 
Dead by dawn

creep wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
Stoopid neighbors. We have a triplex and two duplexes right next to us, all rental units. We have told the tenants time and again, verbally and in writing, to STOP PARKING IN OUR DRIVEWAY, but two of them just keep doing it. Is it really a foreign concept that you do not leave your car on someone else's private property? Trespassing aside, one of them parks like a total knob, double-parking, blocking access to people's homes, blocking the fire lane. Last time one of us left a note on his car, he started pounding on doors until one of my poor neighbors answered and he made her super uncomfortable, asking her repeatedly if she was sure she wasn't the one who wrote the note, if she was sure someone in her house hadn't written the note... I am sending a notice to his landlord because I am a crotchedly old lady who wants this damn kid (and his piece of shiitake car) off her lawn. But I think we're going to have to resort to having him towed to get the message across.

Whaaat? How is that okay?

If I came home to an unknown car in my driveway and there was no one around to say why the fork they parked in my driveway, I would call a wrecker service in a heartbeat. Is your driveway attached to another driveway or something confusing like that?

It is a shared driveway belong to me and several of my neighbors, and it's definitely not immediately clear whose property it is, but we drafted a flyer that spells out the property lines and where these other neighbors can park and where they can't. So if they legitimately didn't know before, they know now and the parking problems have improved a ton. Now it's down to two douchebags who just don't care where they drop their cars as long as they don't have to park out on the street and (gasp) walk half a block home.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:04 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

George Takei's FB posts are starting to really irritate me. I mean, they were always a bit cheesy and often un-funny, but I like him so much that I felt like I shouldn't hide him from my feed out of, like... respect? Or something odd like that. But it annoys the crepe out of me how in so many of his posts he'll say something like "Don't share this unless you get it in ten seconds" or something like that. Like, I'm not going to 'share' this because I don't find it funny and I don't feel like it... BUT don't tell me what I can or can't do with the dumb link you posted!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 9:18 am 
Ninja Master

Mars wrote:
George Takei's FB posts are starting to really irritate me. I mean, they were always a bit cheesy and often un-funny, but I like him so much that I felt like I shouldn't hide him from my feed out of, like... respect? Or something odd like that. But it annoys the crepe out of me how in so many of his posts he'll say something like "Don't share this unless you get it in ten seconds" or something like that. Like, I'm not going to 'share' this because I don't find it funny and I don't feel like it... BUT don't tell me what I can or can't do with the dumb link you posted!

I was just thinking this about his most recent one. I don't always get them in 10 seconds, I'm not that quick!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 3:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have seriously acclimatized to Scottish temperatures, because I clearly can't handle heat anymore. I was walking to the shops after work, and I almost passed out. It wasn't even that hot! I was shaky and light-headed most of the time I was in the store, and I didn't really feel better until I was almost finished. But on the bright side, I found some tasty corn-based snacks at Waitrose.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 4:09 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

rachell37 wrote:
I have seriously acclimatized to Scottish temperatures, because I clearly can't handle heat anymore. I was walking to the shops after work, and I almost passed out. It wasn't even that hot! I was shaky and light-headed most of the time I was in the store, and I didn't really feel better until I was almost finished. But on the bright side, I found some tasty corn-based snacks at Waitrose.

What did you eat today? Cause to me that sounds like what I have if I drink too much coffee with sugar in combination with not eating enough during the day.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 11, 2013 8:00 pm 
Mediocre Tart

The library I work in is so forking awesome shiitake we still use the Dewey guides from the forking '70s. Guides that classify homosexuality under 'sexual aberrations, manias, perversions'

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:42 am 
WELFARIST!

interrobang?! wrote:
The library I work in is so forking awesome shiitake we still use the Dewey guides from the forking '70s. Guides that classify homosexuality under 'sexual aberrations, manias, perversions'

What??? That's crazy! They need to update that shiitake!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 3:43 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Rad. A dude from OKC and I are going to go climbing together. (As friends, since we apparently have completely opposite ideas about sex and relationships and all that, and have agreed it wouldn't work so don't bother. So happy that's out of the way so we can just rock out and climb! Ra.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:31 am 
Ninja Master

I am upset with a friend for basically being a shitty friend and I was gonna talk to her about it on Sunday when I see her, because for once she actually has to turn up to something as we have (expensive) tickets.

But she obviously realised my messages weren't as friendly as usual and asked if something's wrong. So I've now had to tell her how I feel on email. I didn't want to do this on email - and now I'm sitting here stressing about whether she's read it and waiting for a response. I know if she acknowledges why I'm upset I'll feel better and it won't be awkward on Sunday, which I wasn't looking forward to but gah.

I've never really argued with my best friends before. I don't like it.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 9:57 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I've just found out that, early in his career, some people thought Terry Pratchett must be a woman because he wrote strong, textured female characters and many of his books are metaphors for real-world social injustices. Some people are very silly indeed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 10:09 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Veg_Eric wrote:
rachell37 wrote:

What did you eat today? Cause to me that sounds like what I have if I drink too much coffee with sugar in combination with not eating enough during the day.

I didn't have any coffee, but I may not have eaten enough (my stomach was seriously rumbling when I got to the shop). I think I was also a bit dehydrated. I'm trying to stay on top of it today since it's much hotter today. And I think I'll take the bus home.

Mr. Shankly wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:

What??? That's crazy! They need to update that shiitake!

Wow. Seriously. I can't even imagine that. Are you sure your library isn't stuck in some kind of time bubble where it's actually still the 70s? Do your co-workers wear bell bottoms?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:26 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I am frustrated because I'm trying to socialize a seven week old kitten and I'm not making any progress. Her sibling has come around but she just hisses at me and runs to the back of the cage when I go to get her out. It doesn't help I had to give them flea baths.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:37 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I want to have a pet - either a bulldog or a Saint Bernard, and I'm willing to wait as long as necessary to get one from the SPCA, but not only does my building not allow dogs (nor is there space for Saint Bernards, haha!), I also can't responsibly add in another dependent in my life right now. I saw two gorgeous Saint Bernards at work yesterday, and they were so AWESOME. I think I'll be able to take care of one once I'm done with school (starting it next year, bah!), financially stable enough to take care of him/her, and living in a house. That's like... at least 10 years away! Oh and now I'm allergic to pollen, which is totally exacerbated by pets.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:45 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

blondiefk wrote:
I am frustrated because I'm trying to socialize a seven week old kitten and I'm not making any progress. Her sibling has come around but she just hisses at me and runs to the back of the cage when I go to get her out. It doesn't help I had to give them flea baths.

Awww, that can be so frustrating! Poor little feral beastie. Has the hisser purred at all or is it all hissing all the time?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 11:54 am 
WRETCHED

I think as I get older, adjusting to timezones is harder. I spent a week waking up at 4/5am in California before finally settling in at a 7am wakeup. Now that I'm back home, I am waking up at 6/7am but exhausted within a couple hours.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:06 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

madeleine.teacup wrote:
blondiefk wrote:

Awww, that can be so frustrating! Poor little feral beastie. Has the hisser purred at all or is it all hissing all the time?

No, she just hisses. I can pick her up and she just kind of freezes while I pet her. Hopefully she'll come around-she's way way too young for adoption yet.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 12:20 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There are people working on the roof at my work, and they're using some kind of glue or sealant or something that smells SO STRONG. I had to work right near where they were roofing. At first the fumes made me feel like I was going to puke. And then I got really light-headed and everything seemed so amusing. And then I was trying to have a conversation with my mother and all I could say was "I'm gonna... I'm gonna... I have to... to clean the... clean the... [incoherent giggle]". And that's when I realised that I was ever so slightly high.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 4:16 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Eek, RC, get some fresh air!

So I baked the cakes for tomorrow's even thing...but I didn't like the way they were going to look as single layer cakes, so now I've got a second layer in the oven, which is pushing back my decorating by, like, 2 hours since I have to wait for them to cool. I'm icing them at T's house since it's got better AC than mine. Maybe when I get there I'll just go ahead and decorate a whole one, using the layers I've already baked while waiting for the others to cool. Actually, yeah, that's a really good idea. Woo!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:33 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

http://theconversation.com/whaling-in-t ... udes-14491

week 3 of the whaling case - Australia (and NZ) had its second and final round of argument. it all wraps up on the 16th. Japan better have something amazing to bring out next week, because so far it seems their arguments have been preeeetty weak.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 12, 2013 7:40 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ugh, I asked one of my old roommates to send me his share of our final electric bill a month ago. A week after I asked him, he texted me to ask for my address and the amount again. I figured that meant he was sending it. Two weeks later I still hadn't recieved it, so I texted him again Monday asking if he could please send it this week, because I had already had to pay the bill. Still haven't recieved it, and he ignored my text asking if he had sent it yet. I'm so tired of his bullshiitake, he pulls this crepe all the time, especially with me. It's like $15, and honestly I don't even know if its worth the stress trying to get him to send it, but really? You haven't had five forking spare minutes in the past month to right a check and put it in the mail box? If anyone owed him money he'd be hounding them non stop until they gave it to him, but he doesn't care when it's someone else because as far as he's concerned it's not his problem. Yes it forking is douchebag.

/rant

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 2:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I got up around 7.45 to feed the cat and stayed up. Now I'm just waiting for the milk to get cold so I can have some cereal, then I'm going for a walk before it gets so hot that I pass out from the heat. I'm gonna be exhausted by the end of the day.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:25 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I went shopping this morning. The sale started at 5am and I was in the que for 4.30. Absolutely exhausted now but I'm happy with the clothes I got. I managed to get some light pants for work next week since it is baking here.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 13, 2013 5:30 am 
Discovered unobtainium

That is dedication!

There could be a sale on that is basically "all the free Ralph Lauren you can carry" and I still wouldn't get out to go shopping at 5am.

Glad you got some nice stuff.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1492, 1493, 1494, 1495, 1496, 1497, 1498 ... 1861  Next