| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1496, 1497, 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502 ... 1873  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:28 am 
Tofu Pup

creep wrote:
I always start unintentionally rounding up when I get within like 3 months of my birthday. I know I'm 24, but 25 wants to come out of my mouth, because it's so close now.

I'm the opposite; my parents keep saying I'm 21 because it's "close enough" and I say "NO. Not for three weeks."

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:07 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Nebraskalaska wrote:
kfad wrote:
ACK! I have been lying about my age. Not because of vanity, but because I really do forget. What does that say about me?

I totally did that for awhile. I genuinely thought I was 23, turning 24 around my last birthday and my aunt had to break the news to me that I was 22, turning 23. I seriously don't understand how I could forget something like that, especially considering how much I love birthdays.

This is funny. I've legitimately done the opposite and forgotten that I turned 23 more than six months ago.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:30 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My bff is 6 months older than me, so I always say I'm the next age up from about the time her birthday rolls around. So I've been thinking I'm 34 since about February, but my 34th birthday isn't actually for another month. And it's been this way for the past 23 years.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:48 am 
Nailed to the V

I always feel so suspicious when I have to give details to anyone, like age, date of birth, even address... because I have to stop and think a bit before I get them right. Funnily enough I can easily remember other people's details. Filling in forms for my mother or my SO is easy because I even know their phone numbers.

And now I got married goodness knows if I'll ever remember what my name is.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:00 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

kfad wrote:
ACK! I have been lying about my age. Not because of vanity, but because I really do forget. What does that say about me?

My mum has been lying about her age ever since she married my dad nearly forty years ago. It started as a total mistake when she told her in-laws in England she was a year younger than she is, but they went uncorrected for so long that she felt she couldn't fess up because it was just too awkward. She's always reminding me on milestone birthdays not to tell the English fam. It's pretty funny.

I tend to get nervous and lie about stupid stuff (best example, with border guards!) without meaning to. I guess I inherited that from my mum.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 am 
Ninja Master

My nan used to lie about her age, she always knocked off 2 years - on purpose though. She was so vain.

It almost got her in big trouble too because she got a job with MOD and back then (40 years or so ago) they had an age cap of 50 and she obviously told them she was 49 not 51! She had to bring in her birth certificate so she changed it! I laugh now but she could've got in big trouble.

I always remember her crossing out 'Mum's 70th' on my mum's calendar and writing 68th next to it. haha

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:55 am 
Saggy Butt

Mars wrote:
But isn't it just going to drain my battery? I don't know what the heck to do. I mean I guess it's not a big deal if my battery drains. I can get a jump. But it still feels weird to go to bed knowing I've left my car just buzzing this loud high pitched buzz that you can hear if you walk by it even with the windows all up. Argh.

It might be too late for this to be helpful, but you could always disconnect the battery. Then just hook it back up when you're ready to drive it to the mechanic. Letting the battery drain is bad for it!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have been saying I am 43 for like two years. It dawned on me, no, I am 44. It just is not something that matters to me.

And there is some confusion about my birthday (adopted) and so I grew up never really knowing if my birthday was my birthday. It is all very surreal to me. Like age is sort of arbitrary.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:21 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

kfad wrote:
Like age is sort of arbitrary.

Ditto. I walk around with a number+/-2 in my head, and always have to do the math whenever someone asks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:22 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

kfad wrote:
Like age is sort of arbitrary.

Ditto. I walk around with a number+/-2 in my head, and always have to do the math whenever someone asks.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:23 pm 
Impressive boner

I used to say I was six years younger because people were so regularly surprised by my actual age that it got irritating. It's still annoying but I don't do it any more. Now my birthday is so close that I'm tempted to say I'm 34 already.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:29 am 
WELFARIST!

kfad wrote:
I have been saying I am 43 for like two years. It dawned on me, no, I am 44. It just is not something that matters to me.

Yeah, my mind in terms of my age is a year behind the times. I automatically think I'm 44 but I'm actually 45. I think when I'm 46, I'll automatically think I'm 45 for a while. It's like when the year changes and it can take till February/March (sometimes April, for me) to not automatically keep putting the previous year on correspondence, out of habit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

People think I'm older. =( Someone at work actually said "What are you, like 32?... 28?... 26?" I'm 24, gdit.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:55 am 
WELFARIST!

Whenever I tell people that I'm 24, their jaws drop and they tell me that they thought I was 18 or 19. I'm always like, "Nope, I'm pretty much in my mid-20's right now."

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Usually after someone says something and finds out I'm older, they say it's about my personality/tone/etc, but I think they're just trying to save face. I hope I don't look 40 when I'm 30. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh. (Me with a bunch of 30-somethings: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5198_n.jpg )

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

My favorite beer! Whatever the age, I think you're adorbs, creep. You know, in a creepy way though.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:31 am 
Naked Under Apron

The last time I went to the dentist he walked in and said, "How was school today?" I'm 34. He said he thought I was 18! Best day of my life, ha. Really though I think he just didn't look closely; I definitely don't look that young, maybe late 20's with good lighting and if I've done a decent job plucking my grays.

You look young, creep!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:49 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

creep wrote:
Usually after someone says something and finds out I'm older, they say it's about my personality/tone/etc, but I think they're just trying to save face. I hope I don't look 40 when I'm 30. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh. (Me with a bunch of 30-somethings: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5198_n.jpg )

People used to think I was much older because of the job I had and the way I behaved (like I couldn't act like a forking professional because I was 22) and the fact that nearly everyone else in the building was in their mid-30s or older. Now everyone thinks I'm way younger, but that's just down to good genes (thanks, grandma!).

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:00 am 
And you never will.

I started going grey when I was 16, so people have pretty much always thought I was older than I was. I usually age myself ahead too though, because of my sisters. They're just over 13 months apart, and I'm 18 months behind that, so over the summer when they each get a year older, I mentally make myself a year older too, even though I have another 6 months before my birthday. My oldest sister turned 35 last month and my other sister will turn 34 later this month, so I'm already thinking I'm 33 even though I won't be until January.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

creep wrote:
People think I'm older. =( Someone at work actually said "What are you, like 32?... 28?... 26?" I'm 24, gdit.

ahhhh same, literally no one has ever guessed correctly or even within a 5 year radius. I've had professors be like, really freaked out by my age (because they were assuming I was 30+ and I am 22) usually my real age is revealed when I mention I am not yet old enough to rent a car.
I mean, they also try to save face by saying "oh it's just your personality and life experience, not how you look"
but I probably just look haggard.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:38 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

creep wrote:

Honestly I think you do look older than 24, but in a way that means you're way hotter because of it. A lot of the times people who look in thier young 20's just seem still too young to feel good about thinking sexy thoughts about. And I don't think you remotely look older in the kind of way that means you'll also look older in your 30's and 40's. it's more a maturity thing to the way you look and I think you'll just age into it. I think you should own it!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:47 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'm 25 and I don't get carded any more, but I do get a brief hesitation. So I'm good for now.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars wrote:
creep wrote:

Honestly I think you do look older than 24, but in a way that means you're way hotter because of it. A lot of the times people who look in thier young 20's just seem still too young to feel good about thinking sexy thoughts about. And I don't think you remotely look older in the kind of way that means you'll also look older in your 30's and 40's. it's more a maturity thing to the way you look and I think you'll just age into it. I think you should own it!

OFFENDED

jaykaaay. Thanks for the nice words! That also makes me feel less weird about not finding anyone under 30 remotely attractive.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Mars wrote:
creep wrote:

Ditto! I didn't think you were in your 30s or anything but from pictures around the forum/your posts/facebook/whatever I think I had it in my head that you were probably 26-27.
Also, I'm 23 and routinely get mistaken for a teenager. Not even like an eighteen year old. When I started my current job about a year ago, several of my older coworkers asked me if I was a sophomore or junior at the local high school. Which I graduated from six years ago.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:41 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Where's Raspberry Complaint? Didn't she get asked about the kid's rate?

I'm 31 and still get carded. I'll take it. I think it might be a formality/legal issue, but I'm still taking it. Especially as in the past year or so my face has started to change a bit. That could be 'runner's face' though.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1496, 1497, 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502 ... 1873  Next