| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 23, 2014 11:57 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1496, 1497, 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502 ... 1873  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:28 am 
Offline
Tofu Pup

Joined: Sun Jul 14, 2013 8:22 pm
Posts: 10
Location: Tennessee, USA
creep wrote:
I always start unintentionally rounding up when I get within like 3 months of my birthday. I know I'm 24, but 25 wants to come out of my mouth, because it's so close now.

I'm the opposite; my parents keep saying I'm 21 because it's "close enough" and I say "NO. Not for three weeks."


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:07 am 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Nebraskalaska wrote:
kfad wrote:
ACK! I have been lying about my age. Not because of vanity, but because I really do forget. What does that say about me?

I totally did that for awhile. I genuinely thought I was 23, turning 24 around my last birthday and my aunt had to break the news to me that I was 22, turning 23. I seriously don't understand how I could forget something like that, especially considering how much I love birthdays.

This is funny. I've legitimately done the opposite and forgotten that I turned 23 more than six months ago.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 8:30 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3959
Location: Edinburgh
My bff is 6 months older than me, so I always say I'm the next age up from about the time her birthday rolls around. So I've been thinking I'm 34 since about February, but my 34th birthday isn't actually for another month. And it's been this way for the past 23 years.

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 9:48 am 
Offline
Nailed to the V
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 6:22 am
Posts: 594
Location: Midlands, UK
I always feel so suspicious when I have to give details to anyone, like age, date of birth, even address... because I have to stop and think a bit before I get them right. Funnily enough I can easily remember other people's details. Filling in forms for my mother or my SO is easy because I even know their phone numbers.

And now I got married goodness knows if I'll ever remember what my name is.

_________________
blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:00 am 
Offline
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 10428
Location: Wolfville, Nova Scotia
kfad wrote:
ACK! I have been lying about my age. Not because of vanity, but because I really do forget. What does that say about me?

My mum has been lying about her age ever since she married my dad nearly forty years ago. It started as a total mistake when she told her in-laws in England she was a year younger than she is, but they went uncorrected for so long that she felt she couldn't fess up because it was just too awkward. She's always reminding me on milestone birthdays not to tell the English fam. It's pretty funny.

I tend to get nervous and lie about stupid stuff (best example, with border guards!) without meaning to. I guess I inherited that from my mum.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 am 
Offline
Ninja Master
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:00 pm
Posts: 4595
Location: Surrey, UK
My nan used to lie about her age, she always knocked off 2 years - on purpose though. She was so vain.

It almost got her in big trouble too because she got a job with MOD and back then (40 years or so ago) they had an age cap of 50 and she obviously told them she was 49 not 51! She had to bring in her birth certificate so she changed it! I laugh now but she could've got in big trouble.

I always remember her crossing out 'Mum's 70th' on my mum's calendar and writing 68th next to it. haha

_________________
I sure do love pumpkins, Cotton.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 10:55 am 
Offline
Saggy Butt
User avatar

Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2012 2:52 pm
Posts: 274
Mars wrote:
But isn't it just going to drain my battery? I don't know what the heck to do. I mean I guess it's not a big deal if my battery drains. I can get a jump. But it still feels weird to go to bed knowing I've left my car just buzzing this loud high pitched buzz that you can hear if you walk by it even with the windows all up. Argh.

It might be too late for this to be helpful, but you could always disconnect the battery. Then just hook it back up when you're ready to drive it to the mechanic. Letting the battery drain is bad for it!

_________________
She eats a paleo diet, just like the whiskey-and-bacon-eating australopithecans before her. - annak


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 11:37 am 
Offline
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:39 pm
Posts: 4102
Location: the Eug
I have been saying I am 43 for like two years. It dawned on me, no, I am 44. It just is not something that matters to me.

And there is some confusion about my birthday (adopted) and so I grew up never really knowing if my birthday was my birthday. It is all very surreal to me. Like age is sort of arbitrary.

_________________
Don't mind my breasts and vagina, I'm a gay man.---Idatetatooedguys.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:21 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4589
Location: zomgz dijk
kfad wrote:
Like age is sort of arbitrary.


Ditto. I walk around with a number+/-2 in my head, and always have to do the math whenever someone asks.

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:22 pm 
Offline
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:30 pm
Posts: 4589
Location: zomgz dijk
kfad wrote:
Like age is sort of arbitrary.


Ditto. I walk around with a number+/-2 in my head, and always have to do the math whenever someone asks.

_________________
ॐ लोकः समासतः सुखिनो भवन्तु
http://www.embracingtheworld.org


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Jul 16, 2013 1:23 pm 
Online
Impressive boner
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:57 pm
Posts: 4114
Location: Nottingham.
I used to say I was six years younger because people were so regularly surprised by my actual age that it got irritating. It's still annoying but I don't do it any more. Now my birthday is so close that I'm tempted to say I'm 34 already.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:29 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:57 pm
Posts: 5193
kfad wrote:
I have been saying I am 43 for like two years. It dawned on me, no, I am 44. It just is not something that matters to me.

Yeah, my mind in terms of my age is a year behind the times. I automatically think I'm 44 but I'm actually 45. I think when I'm 46, I'll automatically think I'm 45 for a while. It's like when the year changes and it can take till February/March (sometimes April, for me) to not automatically keep putting the previous year on correspondence, out of habit.

_________________
"I'm sorry! I'm Canadian!"


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:36 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3658
Location: Nashville, TN
People think I'm older. =( Someone at work actually said "What are you, like 32?... 28?... 26?" I'm 24, gdit.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 9:55 am 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5273
Location: Gallifrey
Whenever I tell people that I'm 24, their jaws drop and they tell me that they thought I was 18 or 19. I'm always like, "Nope, I'm pretty much in my mid-20's right now."

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:14 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3658
Location: Nashville, TN
Usually after someone says something and finds out I'm older, they say it's about my personality/tone/etc, but I think they're just trying to save face. I hope I don't look 40 when I'm 30. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh. (Me with a bunch of 30-somethings: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5198_n.jpg )


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:30 am 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6516
Location: Boston, MA
My favorite beer! Whatever the age, I think you're adorbs, creep. You know, in a creepy way though.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:31 am 
Offline
Naked Under Apron
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 27, 2010 5:59 pm
Posts: 1753
Location: MA
The last time I went to the dentist he walked in and said, "How was school today?" I'm 34. He said he thought I was 18! Best day of my life, ha. Really though I think he just didn't look closely; I definitely don't look that young, maybe late 20's with good lighting and if I've done a decent job plucking my grays.

You look young, creep!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 10:49 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:20 pm
Posts: 3959
Location: Edinburgh
creep wrote:
Usually after someone says something and finds out I'm older, they say it's about my personality/tone/etc, but I think they're just trying to save face. I hope I don't look 40 when I'm 30. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh. (Me with a bunch of 30-somethings: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5198_n.jpg )

People used to think I was much older because of the job I had and the way I behaved (like I couldn't act like a forking professional because I was 22) and the fact that nearly everyone else in the building was in their mid-30s or older. Now everyone thinks I'm way younger, but that's just down to good genes (thanks, grandma!).

_________________
A pie eating contest is a battle with no losers. - amandabear


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:00 am 
Offline
And you never will.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 4476
Location: Memphis
I started going grey when I was 16, so people have pretty much always thought I was older than I was. I usually age myself ahead too though, because of my sisters. They're just over 13 months apart, and I'm 18 months behind that, so over the summer when they each get a year older, I mentally make myself a year older too, even though I have another 6 months before my birthday. My oldest sister turned 35 last month and my other sister will turn 34 later this month, so I'm already thinking I'm 33 even though I won't be until January.

_________________
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars
One vegan baker to another: "Dude, do you even sift?" - FootFace


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:21 am 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 4012
Location: St. Louis
creep wrote:
People think I'm older. =( Someone at work actually said "What are you, like 32?... 28?... 26?" I'm 24, gdit.



ahhhh same, literally no one has ever guessed correctly or even within a 5 year radius. I've had professors be like, really freaked out by my age (because they were assuming I was 30+ and I am 22) usually my real age is revealed when I mention I am not yet old enough to rent a car.
I mean, they also try to save face by saying "oh it's just your personality and life experience, not how you look"
but I probably just look haggard.

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:38 am 
Offline
Plays The Sims 2 religiously
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:20 pm
Posts: 7551
Location: Portland, OR
creep wrote:
Usually after someone says something and finds out I'm older, they say it's about my personality/tone/etc, but I think they're just trying to save face. I hope I don't look 40 when I'm 30. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh. (Me with a bunch of 30-somethings: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5198_n.jpg )

Honestly I think you do look older than 24, but in a way that means you're way hotter because of it. A lot of the times people who look in thier young 20's just seem still too young to feel good about thinking sexy thoughts about. And I don't think you remotely look older in the kind of way that means you'll also look older in your 30's and 40's. it's more a maturity thing to the way you look and I think you'll just age into it. I think you should own it!

_________________
i would schmear marmite on a moist scrotum for Mars. - interrobang?!
"Not everything." ~ mumbles (1973-2013) - mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 11:47 am 
Offline
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:24 pm
Posts: 5405
Location: BRLA
I'm 25 and I don't get carded any more, but I do get a brief hesitation. So I'm good for now.

_________________
The thing about this thread is, it's dumb. - IJDI


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:21 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3658
Location: Nashville, TN
Mars wrote:
creep wrote:
Usually after someone says something and finds out I'm older, they say it's about my personality/tone/etc, but I think they're just trying to save face. I hope I don't look 40 when I'm 30. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh. (Me with a bunch of 30-somethings: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5198_n.jpg )

Honestly I think you do look older than 24, but in a way that means you're way hotter because of it. A lot of the times people who look in thier young 20's just seem still too young to feel good about thinking sexy thoughts about. And I don't think you remotely look older in the kind of way that means you'll also look older in your 30's and 40's. it's more a maturity thing to the way you look and I think you'll just age into it. I think you should own it!


OFFENDED

jaykaaay. Thanks for the nice words! That also makes me feel less weird about not finding anyone under 30 remotely attractive.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:37 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Mars wrote:
creep wrote:
Usually after someone says something and finds out I'm older, they say it's about my personality/tone/etc, but I think they're just trying to save face. I hope I don't look 40 when I'm 30. Uuuuggggghhhhhhh. (Me with a bunch of 30-somethings: https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/ ... 5198_n.jpg )

Honestly I think you do look older than 24, but in a way that means you're way hotter because of it. A lot of the times people who look in thier young 20's just seem still too young to feel good about thinking sexy thoughts about. And I don't think you remotely look older in the kind of way that means you'll also look older in your 30's and 40's. it's more a maturity thing to the way you look and I think you'll just age into it. I think you should own it!

Ditto! I didn't think you were in your 30s or anything but from pictures around the forum/your posts/facebook/whatever I think I had it in my head that you were probably 26-27.
Also, I'm 23 and routinely get mistaken for a teenager. Not even like an eighteen year old. When I started my current job about a year ago, several of my older coworkers asked me if I was a sophomore or junior at the local high school. Which I graduated from six years ago.

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 17, 2013 2:41 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6516
Location: Boston, MA
Where's Raspberry Complaint? Didn't she get asked about the kid's rate?

I'm 31 and still get carded. I'll take it. I think it might be a formality/legal issue, but I'm still taking it. Especially as in the past year or so my face has started to change a bit. That could be 'runner's face' though.

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46820 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1496, 1497, 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502 ... 1873  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Audrey, Google [Bot], poopiebitch and 9 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer