| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:20 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502, 1503, 1504 ... 1826  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 1:11 pm 
Offline
Lime and a Coconut
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:42 am
Posts: 3075
Location: Smugville, CA
Pro tip: If you are calling an attorney's office for help with your case, you will need to know what you are charged with and which court the case is in, and we can't "just Google it" because having everyone's court records on Google would be a dystopian nightmare.

_________________
Crazy rating: Double plus crazytown bananapants ~Jordanpattern
Sews Before Bros


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:20 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11842
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
This is such bullshiitake. I'm waiting in the gastro office now. I can't get a new referral until I see this crasshole again (he was supposed to come introduce himself/talk to me before my endo and didn't. Then he told me to take the same meds I've been taking for 2 years (not working) and walked out. First visit he switched me to see the nurse practitioner.).

They just asked me if I would be willing to see the RN again instead. What the fork? I refused, so now I've been sitting here waiting since 3:30.

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:54 pm 
Offline
Mediocre Tart
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:55 pm
Posts: 4599
Location: Scotland
I don't know whether it's because the men I work with are ~15 years older than me or it's just because they're men that almost every damn person who comes into our department automatically defers to them while blanking me and always asks them what to do with things/where to put things/what is the proper way to deal with whateverthefuck... but I am bloody sick of it. Hey, we're all doing the same job here at the same grade for the same (pitiful) pay. And, sadly for me, I have worked here for many years longer. So why the fork do I never get asked anything? Am I a forking idiot? I could do my job whilst spinning circles round these guys with my eyes closed and my tits caught in a zipper. The fork is this even.

_________________
"Because sure, I like David Bowie, but not that much."

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 3:55 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18739
Location: Cliffbar NJ
I am so sorry LW and I really feel your pain!

I have had chest congestion/pressure, elevated heart rate, shortness of breath and lightheadedness for over 4 weeks and no one can seem to give me an answer to what it is. Instead, I spend 2 minutes with an MD and they give me the "standard" treatment for first asthma (despite the fact that my asthma was well controlled) and then bronchitis.

So now I am on Zithromax and my symptoms haven't gone away and I am terrified that I may be having a heart attack. The chest pressure is quite intense - but my EKG came back normal a few days ago. And I can't have a CT to rule out a pulmonary embolism because I'm pregnant. And I am all alone at home with L because my husband is out of town, so I am nervous about what I would do if something happened.

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:07 pm 
Offline
***LIES!!!***
User avatar

Joined: Sun Feb 12, 2012 4:10 pm
Posts: 3662
Can they rule out PE with ultrasound? That is super scary. Did you go to the ER or a regular doc? The ER sucks. Do you have a regular doc?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:24 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18739
Location: Cliffbar NJ
I do have a regular MD and she is treating me for bronchitis despite no fever and not having a very productive cough. She wants me to check in next week but I am worried now. plus abx may not work for viral bronchitis so I am worried about this treatment just being more of a waste of time.

Do you have any ideas when abx are supposed to give relief from bronchitis? Google is not helping.

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:28 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 7:08 pm
Posts: 4791
Location: WV
interrobang?! wrote:
I don't know whether it's because the men I work with are ~15 years older than me or it's just because they're men that almost every damn person who comes into our department automatically defers to them while blanking me and always asks them what to do with things/where to put things/what is the proper way to deal with whateverthefuck... but I am bloody sick of it. Hey, we're all doing the same job here at the same grade for the same (pitiful) pay. And, sadly for me, I have worked here for many years longer. So why the fork do I never get asked anything? Am I a forking idiot? I could do my job whilst spinning circles round these guys with my eyes closed and my tits caught in a zipper. The fork is this even.


Lady, this shiitake drives me insane and happens to me pretty often when I work with men. I remember one specific time I was in the gallery with one of my employees, that nitwit GA, and a guy came in asking questions and just kept asking him. My GA even kept looking at me, because he didn't know the answers, I would answer the questions, and then the guy would continue asking my male GA more questions. At no point did the question asker seem to realize that I was the one with the answers, and it just seemed to fuel the fire of the GA, who disrespects my authority and looks down on me as a woman who is younger than him anyway. Haaaaaaaate that bs.

_________________
But if one were to tickle Pluto, I suspect that it might very quietly laugh. - pandacookie

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua


Awesome. Vegan. Rad.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:35 pm 
Offline
WRETCHED
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:54 pm
Posts: 8367
Location: Maryland/DC area
I'm not sure I'm going to keep my new doctor or not. I got my physical today and my labs were great (a little low on albumin) and the doctor thinks that I should start considering weight loss surgery due solely to my weight. I am free to ignore her and I will but really... If I had other issues, I'd understand her concern but my blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc are all fine.

_________________
You are all a disgrace to vegans. Go f*ck yourselves, especially linanil.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:37 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3616
Location: Nashville, TN
Tofulish wrote:
I am so sorry LW and I really feel your pain!

I have had chest congestion/pressure, elevated heart rate, shortness of breath and lightheadedness for over 4 weeks and no one can seem to give me an answer to what it is. Instead, I spend 2 minutes with an MD and they give me the "standard" treatment for first asthma (despite the fact that my asthma was well controlled) and then bronchitis.

So now I am on Zithromax and my symptoms haven't gone away and I am terrified that I may be having a heart attack. The chest pressure is quite intense - but my EKG came back normal a few days ago. And I can't have a CT to rule out a pulmonary embolism because I'm pregnant. And I am all alone at home with L because my husband is out of town, so I am nervous about what I would do if something happened.


Obviously you still want to get a for-sure answer, but those symptoms sound exactly like what happened to me when I first started having severe anxiety. Chest pain, shortness of breath, racing heart, some other stuff too. It came out of nowhere at like 21 years old, having never had any diagnosed anxiety before. I pretty much told two doctors they were full of shiitake when I ended up being diagnosed with panic attacks in the ER. It took me a long time to figure out that they were probably right. Not necessarily what's happening in your case, but something to consider.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:39 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Sat Nov 06, 2010 3:25 pm
Posts: 3616
Location: Nashville, TN
linanil wrote:
I'm not sure I'm going to keep my new doctor or not. I got my physical today and my labs were great (a little low on albumin) and the doctor thinks that I should start considering weight loss surgery due solely to my weight. I am free to ignore her and I will but really... If I had other issues, I'd understand her concern but my blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc are all fine.


That would be a giant red flag to me. Those surgeries can cause more problems than obesity, especially if you're not having any issues.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:41 pm 
Offline
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:34 am
Posts: 2432
Tofulish wrote:
because I'm pregnant.


Congratulations !! (somehow I didn't know that yet)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 4:57 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18739
Location: Cliffbar NJ
Thank you! Its super-early and I only know because I can't get the medical test because of it. We're still in the pretty-high-likelihood-it-won't-stick-around time. Its more relevant because I'm freaked out about my chest.

<3 Veg-Eric <3 I miss you! I hope we see you again soon!

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:23 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18739
Location: Cliffbar NJ
creep wrote:
linanil wrote:
I'm not sure I'm going to keep my new doctor or not. I got my physical today and my labs were great (a little low on albumin) and the doctor thinks that I should start considering weight loss surgery due solely to my weight. I am free to ignore her and I will but really... If I had other issues, I'd understand her concern but my blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc are all fine.


That would be a giant red flag to me. Those surgeries can cause more problems than obesity, especially if you're not having any issues.


Yes, this. I know LW shared about the process she went through and it sounded like there was a lot of counseling etc that she went through before they made the decision to have the surgery. Especially because even in the best circumstances, after surgery your life and the things you can eat change dramatically - my neighbor had the lap band surgery and can't eat bread or oil or a host of other things without having gastric distress even a few years after the surgery. Given the risks and the the potential problems, seems silly to recommend an invasive surgery for someone who doesn't have their functioning impaired because of their weight.

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:40 pm 
Offline
WELFARIST!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:03 pm
Posts: 5181
Location: Gallifrey
interrobang?! wrote:
I don't know whether it's because the men I work with are ~15 years older than me or it's just because they're men that almost every damn person who comes into our department automatically defers to them while blanking me and always asks them what to do with things/where to put things/what is the proper way to deal with whateverthefuck... but I am bloody sick of it. Hey, we're all doing the same job here at the same grade for the same (pitiful) pay. And, sadly for me, I have worked here for many years longer. So why the fork do I never get asked anything? Am I a forking idiot? I could do my job whilst spinning circles round these guys with my eyes closed and my tits caught in a zipper. The fork is this even.

This happens to me ALL of the time! Even the males that work with me noticed it.

_________________
"...anarchists only want to burn cars and punch cops."- nickvicious
"We'll be eating our own words 30 years from now when we're demanding our legislators outlaw aerosol-based cyber dildo-wielding death holograms."- Brian


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:49 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11842
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
linanil wrote:
I'm not sure I'm going to keep my new doctor or not. I got my physical today and my labs were great (a little low on albumin) and the doctor thinks that I should start considering weight loss surgery due solely to my weight. I am free to ignore her and I will but really... If I had other issues, I'd understand her concern but my blood sugar, blood pressure, cholesterol, etc are all fine.


Holy crepe. That is madness! WLS is an extreme measure for when people have quality of life and comorbidity issues. I can't even imagine a doctor recommending it without that, nor would any insurance company approve it, unless things have changed drastically.

And I'm saying this as a proponent of WLS since I had it myself.

My gastro visit went well, I suppose. I actually really like the doctor a lot. I was pissed as hell by the time I got to see him, but he was relaxed, pulled up a chair and spent a lot of time going over my history and he seems to really know his stuff and has treated a lot of gastric bypass patients. So I will write off the first bit as an unfortunate first impression. But, the bad news is that my current non-working regimen is sort of the only option. We just don't have anything else to try. The good news is the ulcer has gotten a tiny bit less severe since 2011. Bad news is that since it has bleed before I'm at risk for that and if we can't solve this with the medication, I might need a surgical revision.

Which goes back to your ridiculous doctor linanil--I would not trade having the surgery done for anything and I am fully happy to accept this ulcer issue as the cost, but this a good example of how serious this stuff is. About 10-15% of people with the rny get an ulcer like this, but lots of people have serious complications. If a person is happy and healthy, doing something that drastic and invasive is unimaginable to me.

But, yeah: revision. *gulp* so not on my todo list.

Tofulish: that is scary. Why can't your pcp help better than this?

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:50 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11842
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
Veg_Eric wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
because I'm pregnant.


Congratulations !! (somehow I didn't know that yet)


Whoa! What did I miss? Another baby tofu?

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:52 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11842
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
(oh, gastro also approved of being vegan. he recommended limiting dairy products as much as possible and seemed pleased when I said I'm vegan. He nodded, said "that's good" and didn't make any asinine comments about protein or B12.)

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:56 pm 
Offline
Dead by dawn
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:54 pm
Posts: 7697
Location: Seattle
lavawitch wrote:
Veg_Eric wrote:
Tofulish wrote:
because I'm pregnant.


Congratulations !! (somehow I didn't know that yet)


Whoa! What did I miss? Another baby tofu?

Tofetus Too!

_________________
facebook
"The PPK: Come for the pie; stay for the croissants." - tinglepants!
"Cockblocked by Richard Branson- again!" - Erika Soyf*cker


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 5:58 pm 
Online
And you never will.
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 8:41 pm
Posts: 4244
Location: Memphis
Boy Band Member or Lesbian? - I got 8/15 right.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilyhiottmillis ... or-lesbian

_________________
I'm in a pure mood with poopietits now. Damn her jugs! - interrobang?!
give my you inquiries! and give poopie you burritos. - acr
Sometimes I think, it's really my lack of cybernetic implants that keeps me from being truly human. - Mars


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:17 pm 
Offline
Semen Strong
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 7:10 pm
Posts: 18739
Location: Cliffbar NJ
monkeytoes wrote:
lavawitch wrote:
Another baby tofu?

Tofetus Too!


At the moment its just a blastofucyte :)

_________________
But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:25 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 17, 2011 6:18 pm
Posts: 1458
Location: Panama City, FL
poopiebitch wrote:
Boy Band Member or Lesbian? - I got 8/15 right.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilyhiottmillis ... or-lesbian



Ooh - 11/15! But Maroon 5 is not exactly a boy band.

_________________
Ridiculous people on the internet are consistently ridiculous. -pandacookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 6:27 pm 
Offline
Mispronounces Daiya
User avatar

Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 7:54 pm
Posts: 1462
Location: Pasadena/Boston
poopiebitch wrote:
Boy Band Member or Lesbian? - I got 8/15 right.

http://www.buzzfeed.com/lilyhiottmillis ... or-lesbian


12/15! I probably spend too much time listening to shiitake pop.

_________________
AstroNOMZ
Eric Does Astrophysics


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:12 pm 
Offline
Discovered unobtainium
User avatar

Joined: Tue Oct 19, 2010 9:21 pm
Posts: 11842
Location: Dinosaur Stampede
I splurged on some lovely looking organic blackberries for Molly, but am now contemplating turning them into tarts instead. I wish berries weren't so expensive--I'd love a pie, but $20+ on just the berries!

_________________
"This is the creepiest post ever if you don't know who Molly is." -Fee
"a vegan death match sounds like something where we all end up hugging." -LisaPunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 7:38 pm 
Offline
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals
User avatar

Joined: Tue Dec 07, 2010 4:57 pm
Posts: 6296
Location: Boston, MA
Tofulish!!!!

(That's me squeeing and wanting to hug you.) I really hope they can figure out what's going on with your health. That would be so scary. Actually my mom just went to the ER a couple of weeks back because she thought she was having a heart attack. She has this weird throat thing, like she needs to clear it/feels like she's choking, and she also has a cough and chest tightness. They went through the acid reflex/GERD stuff, but she doesn't have GERD, so she's doing allergy med in combo with Zantac or whatever. Have they checked for esophageal issues with you?

_________________
I would eat Dr. Cow pocket cheese in a second. I would eat it if you hid it under your hat, or in your backpack, but not if it was in your shoe. That's where I draw the line. -allularpunk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 18, 2013 8:27 pm 
Offline
Kitchens Planning Manchester
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 2536
Location: Connecticut
Yikes, Tofulish! That's really scary and I hope you get a for-sure answer from a doctor soon. For what it's worth, that's the set of symptoms I experienced all of a sudden when my anxiety got unmanageable, and I was sure at the time it was a heart attack.

Also, congratulations on tofetus 2.0!

_________________
"I never do anything you say, Isa. When I cook from VWAV and it says to add one cup of flour, I add three cups of olive oil! Now who wants some forking muffins??"-ExpiredSanity
Tumblr
Cast Iron & Cupcakes
I guess I have a Twitter now


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45636 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1498, 1499, 1500, 1501, 1502, 1503, 1504 ... 1826  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Adam Crisis, Baidu [Spider], electric_claire, jordanpattern, Majestic-12 [Bot], sweet_potato and 12 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer