| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:57 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1502, 1503, 1504, 1505, 1506, 1507, 1508 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 9:25 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

dropscone wrote:
I started getting motivated by unfuckyourhabitat.com and made some progress in the kitchen but I am just awful at concentrating on things. I've been doing bits and pieces of cleaning/tidying all over the house and haven't really finished anything.

Do we have a tidy house thread? If not, should I start one?

Ooh, please do!! Clutter/tidying has been a long term problem for me (lutin and Bun have seen my old apartment and can attest to this fact), but I'm trying to chip away at the problem bit by bit. I was actually wondering if there was a clutter/tidy house thread! It's always helpful to have support/encouragement around tidying/decluttering!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 10:34 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

j-dub wrote:
I've just found out about my 10 year (high school) reunion, which is apparently in the planning stages and it solidified two things I knew in the abstract: 1) everyone has/is having babies! Holy moly! 2) I have absolutely no interest in seeing almost anyone I went to high school with. None. Zero. Zilch. The thought of attending crystalizes the meaning of ennui.

one of mine was last year. I had the convenient excuse of being an ocean away, but even if I was there..nope.

I caught up with a mate last year that made the point: anyone I wanted to be friends with from school, I am. beyond that, it'd be a waste of a night.. and from reports afterward, I didn't miss much. the same cliques, the same/expected penis-measuring conversations, etc.

and honestly, these days with Facebook, you know what's going on with the kind-of friends and extended circles anyway most of the time (if you care to)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:27 am 
Chard Martyr

I didn't go to my ten-year, but I kind of wish I did. I was one of those people who an in-betweener in terms of popularity, because I got along with some of the star athletes and pretty rich girls, but I didn't hang out with them because I preferred floating between the stoners, nerds, and rebels (forgive my categorization, but this WAS high school). Anyway, a close friend (who was bullied) went and she said it was really nice, because everyone who went was mostly mature enough to mingle with everyone, so it was like "Hi! It only took us ten years, but we grew up! Also, cliques aren't a thing!".

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:36 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

lepelaar wrote:
dropscone wrote:
I started getting motivated by unfuckyourhabitat.com and made some progress in the kitchen but I am just awful at concentrating on things. I've been doing bits and pieces of cleaning/tidying all over the house and haven't really finished anything.

Ooh, please do!! Clutter/tidying has been a long term problem for me (lutin and Bun have seen my old apartment and can attest to this fact), but I'm trying to chip away at the problem bit by bit. I was actually wondering if there was a clutter/tidy house thread! It's always helpful to have support/encouragement around tidying/decluttering!

It is done. I can't post a link because I'm on my tablet (well, it'd be a pain in the arse to do it) but it's in the foyer. I am close to being able to say I sorted one surface in the kitchen. It's taking a surprisingly long time :(

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:29 pm 
Chard Martyr

My kitchen table is super cluttered and it's annoying yet I make very little progress on cleaning it up.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 1:40 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I'm drinking mojito's before going to Nick's work party & they're reeeeally strong! Apparently there will be vegan pizza at the party!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:00 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My 10 year came and went, and I didn't go. I hate the town I grew up in and mostly hate everyone I went to school with, so it was a no-brainer for me.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 2:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

RandiJM wrote:

ALSO Veg_Eric I'm excited about your return to the USA! Is this another cross-country trip?

Rough plan so far is New York area, South for Asheville/Deals gap NC, then North for Canada and West for Spokane.

It all depends on how long it will take to get my motorbike through customs in the harbour.
If import fails I'll try to get a bus towards Spokane or something like that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:38 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I'm amazed at how well my glasses are staying on with only one ear piece.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 3:48 pm 
Impressive boner

I ate too much PPK mayonnaise with dinner and have a stomach ache. It's so delicious and painful.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 4:11 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

8ball wrote:
I ate too much PPK mayonnaise with dinner and have a stomach ache. It's so delicious and painful.

Why are we not calling this PPKnnaise??

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sun Jul 21, 2013 11:18 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

vijita wrote:
I didn't go to my ten-year, but I kind of wish I did. I was one of those people who an in-betweener in terms of popularity, because I got along with some of the star athletes and pretty rich girls, but I didn't hang out with them because I preferred floating between the stoners, nerds, and rebels (forgive my categorization, but this WAS high school). Anyway, a close friend (who was bullied) went and she said it was really nice, because everyone who went was mostly mature enough to mingle with everyone, so it was like "Hi! It only took us ten years, but we grew up! Also, cliques aren't a thing!".

There were DEFINITELY still cliques at mine! One of my friends noted that it looked like the high school lunch room - everyone was sitting at tables with the exact same people they ate lunch with. Which make sense, since those are likely the people you most want to catch up with. I'm a super nostalgic/sentimental person, so I couldn't not go. And I had a great time with the people I was friends with back in the day, as well as a few that I didn't really know at the time.

My favorite part was when one of the super popular girls came strutting in an hour or so late, looking thoroughly drunk and harried, like a used up trophy wife, thinking she'd be the center of attention again... and got overshadowed by one of my best friends who was basically a nobody and is now a fabulously outgoing (and out) guy who had the whole room captivated by his dancefloor moves. It was like a John Hughes movie.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:41 am 
Not NOT A Furry

dropscone wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
dropscone wrote:

It is done. I can't post a link because I'm on my tablet (well, it'd be a pain in the arse to do it) but it's in the foyer. I am close to being able to say I sorted one surface in the kitchen. It's taking a surprisingly long time :(

I am quite tidy here, have used a Mon - Fri routine for decades. My husband is untidy but only because he is always working on things so they are often about in various states of getting started, nearly finished. I have a very good pal who is untidy and she finds that following my suggestion of 'one wall at a time' works ... you clear one wall in a room (NOT by moving the stuff to another wall!), then you call look at the tidy wall, have a nap, a restorative drink, take a walk the perhaps do another wall. Just a thought ...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 2:42 am 
Shopped till she dropped

paprikapapaya wrote:
My 10 year came and went, and I didn't go. I hate the town I grew up in and mostly hate everyone I went to school with, so it was a no-brainer for me.

This. All of it. But add Catholic school dynamics.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:24 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'm late to the complain about the weather party, but last week it was in the 90s every day with insane humidity and I led a nature camp. Outdoors. 14 sweaty, complaining, nasty (well, only about 5 of them were actually nasty) kids for 5 whole days. MEH. I'm doing it again this week, but it's only going to be in the 80s. Hopefully that's better. And if they complain, I get to be all, 'Last week it was in the 90s! Suck it up!' Because kids love being told to suck it up.

Man, I could never be a full time teacher. I've discovered that having kids around me all day long is really not my cup of tea. I like my after school teaching job, where I only have them for an hour, but any longer than that makes me panicky.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 6:38 am 
WRETCHED

My 20th class reunion is coming up and I'm not going. I didn't go to the 10th and I'm guessing there was a 15th? I just had no desire. I had a lot of 'school' friends in high school but few friends that persisted beyond that. Although I was morbidly obese in high school, I wasn't picked on or what not but there were also a lot of pacific islanders at my school so it wasn't that unusual. I just kind of figured that if I didn't keep up with them after high school, no need to do so now. I know a lot of people still live in the area despite being a military town but some did move away to various places. I did end up joining the facebook group for the reunion though because why not? I found out through that that one of my friends in school's husband died but I haven't talked to her in nearly 20 years. I wanted to send her a note on Facebook because of it but haven't yet.

Anyway, my former bff (former as of a few years ago), has memories of being totally traumatized in high school and she ended up graduating a year behind me due to issues with her mother dying and such. Anyway, she insisted on going to her 10th year high school reunion because she wanted to see how many people were 'failures'. I figure if you were traumatized by people in high school, you'd leave them alone. I think not only did she end up going to her class reunion, she also managed to go to mine somehow (because it was her class until she dropped a year behind). We had totally different experiences in high school and I'm not sure how that happened.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:23 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't know if my class even had a 10-year reunion. If we did, I didn't get invited, even though my parents have been in the same house for about 20 years now. Oh well. I'd rather catch up with people I was in band with over the 3 years I was there.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 8:30 am 
***LIES!!!***

My class had a ten year reunion in a bar/club in the city, rather than in our actual town (as though there aren't enough places to get drunk somewhere way too loud in our town!). If I had had any desire to go, I wouldn't have gone just in protest of the crappiness of that idea. Didn't hear anything about a 15 year.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:04 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i got something in the mail for what i think was our five-year high school reunion, and i ignored it. a while later another letter came saying the reunion had been canceled because only two people had rsvp'd. i never heard anything about another one. i'm weirdly proud of us for disbanding so completely.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:14 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Y'know I have no idea if my high school had a 10 year reunion. This probably means that if there was one it was organised via Facebook!

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 10:32 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Last night, I accidentally dropped my tweezers in the toilet before flushing. I wasn't about to put my hand in that, so I flushed, hoping that they would just sit in the bottom and I could get them out and clean them off. No dice - they got flushed. And now I have two annoying, wiry chin hairs bugging me and no way to remove them, and I (seriously) can't afford to buy a new pair of tweezers until I get paid. It's gonna be like that SNL skit with Emilio Estevez where his nose hair trimmers break (or he forgets them or something) and his nose hair grows wild and envelops him.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:17 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Rubber gloves are your friend in these circumstance rachell37!

I've never heard about a school reunion just for my class but saw some sort of 'old girls' things on Friends Reunited once. My school likes to forget that us underachievers who left at 16 exist though - they only want to acknowledge the ones who went on to sixth form and did A levels etc. I'm not friends with anyone from school on FB but exchange xmas and birthday cards with my old besties from school, with an occasional meet up ever 3-4 years now their kids have grown up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 11:29 am 
And you never will.

Every time I have to reassure my 3-year-old that: it's okay, thunder can't hurt you, I desperately want to follow it up with: it's the lightning you have to worry about, that shiitake will fork you up.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:29 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I went to the gym for the first time ever today. I want to be strong like Hulk. This is me:

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 22, 2013 12:33 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

rachell37 wrote:
Last night, I accidentally dropped my tweezers in the toilet before flushing. I wasn't about to put my hand in that, so I flushed, hoping that they would just sit in the bottom and I could get them out and clean them off. No dice - they got flushed. And now I have two annoying, wiry chin hairs bugging me and no way to remove them, and I (seriously) can't afford to buy a new pair of tweezers until I get paid. It's gonna be like that SNL skit with Emilio Estevez where his nose hair trimmers break (or he forgets them or something) and his nose hair grows wild and envelops him.

Shave those puppies!

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 44164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1502, 1503, 1504, 1505, 1506, 1507, 1508 ... 1767  Next