| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:58 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1508, 1509, 1510, 1511, 1512, 1513, 1514 ... 1851  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 5:41 pm 
Brain Made of Raw Seitan

Hi. I'm the mistress of Nooch.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

jogirl wrote:
Gah, that article made me really stabby, especially the tap water thing. And as someone who has had fairly severe eczema/psoriasis on and off since birth, that bit made me want to punch the computer.

(ETA: to clarify, what makes me angry is the underlying assumption that things like depression, eczema, psoriasis etc can all always be "cured" by a change in diet, and therefore that if one still suffers from them it is somehow one's own fault)

Natural News is run by a guy who is a pal of Alex Jones. He believes that the Aurora, CO shootings were part of a government plot.

*He is SELLING YOU HIS SUPPLEMENTS in this news story. Vitamins and supplements come from an industry that used it's money and political power to put laws in place that exempt them from the sort of oversight that drugs companies have.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:21 pm 
Impressive boner

The owner of the practice studio not turning up was not good, but Pacific Rim was.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:58 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I tried to make my own fondant. Fail. It may have been the heat. It is so hot here and muggy that nothing really works right.

On to a different plan for the party.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 26, 2013 8:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Now I know why Molly's diction has gone to hell. When I came home earlier, I caught my dad baby talking to her: "does Mowwy have leetle eetchy feathers?"

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:04 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

This is kind of a weird thing to ask, but I'm looking for some perspective. I have multiple blue-purple bruises on my upper arms. This is due to a lot of heavy lifting with awkward stuff at work and anemia. I think it's starting to look a little unsightly, and it definitely looks as though someone could have been violent with me. My husband is actually feeling a bit weird about that aspect, but I people can think whatever they choose to think, and it doesn't matter because I know the bruises are from hauling around crazy-heavy galvanized chairs and 60 pound boxes of cider. I can cover up in job interviews and stuff (as I did today), but I totally can't at work--it is way too hot. I do work with the public though, and my boss is always eyeing up my bruises. Should I be covering up? Is there any makeup that covers bruises? When will my stupid iron pills kick in?!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:11 am 
Impressive boner

Dermacover/Dermablend can cover tattoos so it should cover bruises too. I can't vouch for the vegan-ness of it, haven't used it in years.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 5:28 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

vijita wrote:
This is kind of a weird thing to ask, but I'm looking for some perspective. I have multiple blue-purple bruises on my upper arms. This is due to a lot of heavy lifting with awkward stuff at work and anemia. I think it's starting to look a little unsightly, and it definitely looks as though someone could have been violent with me. My husband is actually feeling a bit weird about that aspect, but I people can think whatever they choose to think, and it doesn't matter because I know the bruises are from hauling around crazy-heavy galvanized chairs and 60 pound boxes of cider. I can cover up in job interviews and stuff (as I did today), but I totally can't at work--it is way too hot. I do work with the public though, and my boss is always eyeing up my bruises. Should I be covering up? Is there any makeup that covers bruises? When will my stupid iron pills kick in?!

I fell against a fence really heavily and awkwardly a couple of weeks ago and came out in some pretty heavy bruises on my arms, then was doing some work with the public on a sweltering day in one of our libraries and one of the customers actually commented on it in an ever-so-slightly creepy way. Just said what had happened though, to anyone who asked, and that stopped the looking. Maybe you could just casualty comment when there are a lot of people about, including your boss, saying what you've said here about being succeptible to bruises from lifting?

I've also heard a high intake of vitamin c is good for speeding up healing so I've been making more effort than usual to have plenty of citrus juice and c-rich veg.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:56 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I'm teaching a cooking class next week, and the store that's hosting it interviewed me for a neat little blog post to introduce me to the community. Also, I made them link to the PPK blog because I used Isa's raspberry blackout cake for the cake thing that I won. I know it's small-town stuff, but it makes me feel pretty cool! Anyway, here's the post if anyone is interested.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 6:33 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

That's a lovely article about you. you should be proud of all you've accomplished :)

And I like the sassy pose at the top!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 27, 2013 8:46 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Aw, I love it, AP.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:35 am 
Chard Martyr

So cute, AP!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:45 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Thanks!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:13 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I hate it when good tasting food makes you sick. I just took a gamble on some soup

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:18 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

I just got Netflix so that I can watch Orange is the New Black. I blame you guys!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:49 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I missed my bus home by one minute, because of course the one time I'm not going to be early it's on time. The running and anxiety about making it overwhelmed me and I got sweaty and panicky and took anxiety meds. Now I'm sleepy.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I wish netflix would give earlier warnings when shows in your instant queue are going to expire, and not just be like, "Hey, you know that show with 8+ seasons that you were totally going to get around to watching some day? It expires in 4 days. Better start frantically trying to watch all of the episodes in a ridiculously short time period!" I know sometimes if you just wait for a while, expired shows will reappear on netflix. But sometimes they don't, and that 4 day window is your last chance!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:40 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

vijita wrote:

Honestly, if other people are giving you weird looks, that's their problem. People get bruises all the time from hundreds of different things.
My best friend growing up and I bruise really easily- really nasty purple and green and blue and yellow bruises. We had teachers asking about our parents, asking if we were hitting each other in some kind of sick game, if kids were bullying us, etc. But it honestly just took hitting a leg against a chair. Bruises happen. However, I second the tattoo coverup idea if you want to cover it up. That's your best bet for full coverage.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:41 pm 
Impressive boner

Keep getting left-sided headaches from sinus congestion.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:45 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

allularpunk wrote:
I'm teaching a cooking class next week, and the store that's hosting it interviewed me for a neat little blog post to introduce me to the community. Also, I made them link to the PPK blog because I used Isa's raspberry blackout cake for the cake thing that I won. I know it's small-town stuff, but it makes me feel pretty cool! Anyway, here's the post if anyone is interested.

I love your answers to the 'why' questions. A that's a really lovely article!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 3:59 pm 
Not NOT A Furry

vijita wrote:
I know the bruises are from hauling around crazy-heavy galvanized chairs and 60 pound boxes of cider . . . my boss is always eyeing up my bruises.

Seems a bit much since the bruises are caused at work! I'd mention it next time you notice her/him looking.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 4:39 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
I wish netflix would give earlier warnings when shows in your instant queue are going to expire, and not just be like, "Hey, you know that show with 8+ seasons that you were totally going to get around to watching some day? It expires in 4 days. Better start frantically trying to watch all of the episodes in a ridiculously short time period!" I know sometimes if you just wait for a while, expired shows will reappear on netflix. But sometimes they don't, and that 4 day window is your last chance!

I feel your pain.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:39 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I just realized that I said that Isa's cake recipe was from VCON when really it was from VWAV in my interview. Damn!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:18 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I just saw on FB that my ex boyfriend (we dated for 4 years) got married. It was sorta expected (he started dating my old roommate 5 months after we broke up 2 years ago and they have a 5 month old baby together now), but I talked to him last Nov and he was still not sure what was going on with them (the baby was an oops so the marriage wasn't planned then). I'm actually really happy for them, they both wanted a baby and they are quite well suited for each other. But now it's making me think about what I'm doing with my life. I'm in a super great relationship, but it might not ever lead to marriage or kids and I don't have a clue what I'm doing career-wise. I'm SO glad I'm not in her place (I am not wanting marriage and kids right now) but still... I feel meh. I sent them both congratulations notes as I am super happy for them. I'll go have a cupcake and plan my next trip and then I'll feel better (they can't just jet off to S.America like I can, ha!).

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 12:17 am 
Nailed to the V

I received an e-mail which sent me to - http://nakedfoodmagazine.com/

naked! New American Kind & Enlightened Diet ... some of the recipes look quite good

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46255 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1508, 1509, 1510, 1511, 1512, 1513, 1514 ... 1851  Next