| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Dec 24, 2014 8:33 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1512, 1513, 1514, 1515, 1516, 1517, 1518 ... 1902  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 6:11 am 
Not NOT A Furry

joshua wrote:
ah, well, if you're in a bind, I can help with both of those too without too much hassle

I love PPK.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:00 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I lost my voice completely yesterday. I'm not sick at all, it's from a combination of allergies + using my "outdoor voice" a lot. It's still gone, and I'm scheduled to go on a field trip at work, so I can't exactly call out--but I need to be able to talk at work. Bah humbug.

(Also you know I super want to go on this field trip, it's to a science museum! Not a particularly great one by most accounts, but still! It'll be fun, even for the grown ups.)

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've been having a weird few days where I just want to eat everything in the house. (Not pregnant!) This used to happen to me a lot when I was obese and my blood sugar was unstable. I'm a normal weight now, but I do still have a disorder that causes hypoglycemia, and I drank heavily over the weekend, so I'm wondering if that's what's going on. I'm usually alright if I have a lot of beer, but I had several sugary mixed drinks on Saturday, which isn't so normal for me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:26 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I keep hearing bumpy noises in the roof. I dunno whether we have something living in there. We're in a bungalow so it's not unlikely. Trouble is the noises only happen during the day, when my husband's out....so he's never heard them. So I say "hey there's all these noises in the roof" and now I feel like I'm making them up! grr.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 7:40 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Hmm a lucky glance spotted the culprits. Squirrel ran across washing line angrily followed by this bird, who I think may have a nest there. Is it a blackbird? Not sure.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 8:31 am 
WELFARIST!

T couldn't sleep last night, and because we were at my place with the small bed and no TV, that meant he did a lot of tossing and turning, which was keeping me up, too. I finally asked him around 4 if he wanted to go home, that I wouldn't be offended. I just know that he would sleep better in his own bed, or at least zone out watching TV if he were home (not much of a reader, that one). He did, which was fine, but then I couldn't sleep and when I finally did I had really chaotic dreams and now I feel like I just got no rest at all. Sometimes sleeping with someone who doesn't sleep well really exacerbates my own problems with sleep.

Really, just complaining because I'm tired. I don't have much to do today, so it's not that big of a deal. Perhaps I will nap at some point.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 10:46 am 
Level 7 Vegan

vixki wrote:
Is it a blackbird? Not sure.

It's a song thrush, I think. Lady blackbirds' tails are more sticky-uppy.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:28 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Well, my mom has a brand new hip now. The surgery was just completed and she's still in recovery, so I haven't been able to talk to her yet. Hopefully I can stop by the hospital tonight. After today and tomorrow in the hospital, she'll go to a physical rehab place for another 2 or 3 days. I'm sure she'll be bored and sick of hospital food, so I've put together a little bag with snacks and magazines for her. (The last time she was in the hospital recovering from surgery, she was bored out of her mind, but with all the pain and wooziness from the medications, she couldn't concentrate on books or tv shows. She finally found the solution was celebrity gossip magazines, because they don't require much thinking. I really hope she's up for seeing a lot of articles about the royal baby, because that was the cover story on nearly all of the gossip mags at the store.)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 12:53 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I can't figure out what the taste of tempeh reminds me of. Whatever it is, it's something I don't much care for. Originally I made what should have been an acceptable saucepan of food - Sauted some chopped onion, added cubed tempeh, broccoli, some Frank's hotsauce, a good dose of soya sauce. The tempeh seems to have neutralised the flavourings so it became bland yet unpleasant.

In an effort not to have wasted all that stuff I've picked out the broccoli (as that still tasted okay), and transferred the tempeh and onion mix to a casserole dish and added another chopped onion, some tomato paste, some chipotle paste, some liquid smoke, some stock powder and a few chickpeas that needed using up and stuck it in the oven for half an hour. The oven always makes things taste better, right?

It's still bothering me though. What is that taste? Old wallpaper paste? It definitely reminds me of something I ate during my childhood that wasn't meant to be edible.

"I accept all cakes with open arms." - Rebekah

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:29 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

OMG, vixki! SQUIRRELS! That was my first thought. Mostly because this jerk woke me up Saturday morning.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 1:56 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ugh, and now I'm obsessing that I've probably wasted the extra ingredients (even though most of it has been prepared/open a few days and needed heating up anyway), as I'm not sure I'm going to be able to eat the result without prejudice. It smells okay, but I can't get that...wet paper towel? taste out of my mind.

I wish my friend who eats pretty much anything still lived nearby :(

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 3:24 pm 
Impressive boner

It's not really a worst thing type post, but my Dad just totally changed the subject when I was telling him something important and it upset me.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 4:11 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I'm upset that when I'm nice and ask nicely for help, no one offers to help. The only way I can get people to help me, like my husband, is to raise my voice and throw a bisque fit. So I can't have a pleasant day and get stuff done, with help. I have to go around snarling and raising my voice and it makes me feel lousy and why am I bothering to stay married if he only listens to me when I've crossed the line into batshit crazy?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 5:47 pm 
Chard Martyr

Headed out to crossfit. Last week I did too much and my hamstrings hurt for a good 4 days. Calm down, meggs.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:04 pm 
Chip Strong

8ball wrote:
It's not really a worst thing type post, but my Dad just totally changed the subject when I was telling him something important and it upset me.

I understand. My dad just said something that indicated to me once again that he didn't understand how serious my phobia still is.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:34 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

You guys, I am so stressed out right now. So much. With my mom in the hospital, I have to take on more responsibilities at the shelter, and my coworkers are coming to me for questions/info, because they usually all go to my mom and they don't know who else to ask now. I have people from work calling me at home at like 8 at night. And I have to make sure to wake early every morning to carpool with my friend. I am so afraid of sleeping through my alarm that I just can't fall asleep, so I'm completely exhausted. I'm also PMSing, which lowers my tolerance for anything stressful. I'm breaking out super bad because of stress/hormones, and I keep picking at my face because STRESS and so my face is bleeding and tonight I forgot to turn the oven off after using it and it would have been on all night if my dad hadn't come home and noticed that it was super hot in the kitchen. STRESSSTRESSSTRESS. I feel like my brain is going to implode.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 9:46 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

vixki wrote:
Hmm a lucky glance spotted the culprits. Squirrel ran across washing line angrily followed by this bird, who I think may have a nest there. Is it a blackbird? Not sure.

When I deport the citrus rat from my attic, I shall put said rat in the post and will send them to play with your squirrel. Perhaps they will run off to have grand adventures in the Cotswolds or something.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:48 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Peri wrote:
I'm upset that when I'm nice and ask nicely for help, no one offers to help. The only way I can get people to help me, like my husband, is to raise my voice and throw a bisque fit. So I can't have a pleasant day and get stuff done, with help. I have to go around snarling and raising my voice and it makes me feel lousy and why am I bothering to stay married if he only listens to me when I've crossed the line into batshit crazy?

Would there be any mileage in getting some counselling together? Or telling him that the above is how you're feeling at the moment and that you need to have a serious talk about fair division of labour? It sounds like a very frustrating situation for you, so I hope you can sort something out.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:40 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

So today I've been vegan for nine years, I guess? "Just in case your teenage daughter is going through a phase," indeed.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:14 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Peri wrote:

I think you should defo have a non-confrontational talk about how you feel. He just may not realize how frustrated you are. But IMO the key here is "non-confrontational" to give him the benefit of the doubt.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 7:17 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
You guys, I am so stressed out right now. So much. With my mom in the hospital, I have to take on more responsibilities at the shelter, and my coworkers are coming to me for questions/info, because they usually all go to my mom and they don't know who else to ask now. I have people from work calling me at home at like 8 at night. And I have to make sure to wake early every morning to carpool with my friend. I am so afraid of sleeping through my alarm that I just can't fall asleep, so I'm completely exhausted. I'm also PMSing, which lowers my tolerance for anything stressful. I'm breaking out super bad because of stress/hormones, and I keep picking at my face because STRESS and so my face is bleeding and tonight I forgot to turn the oven off after using it and it would have been on all night if my dad hadn't come home and noticed that it was super hot in the kitchen. STRESSSTRESSSTRESS. I feel like my brain is going to implode.

I'm sorry you're so stressed out. If I didn't live on the opposite side of the country I could offer some actual help :)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:47 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

My FIV+ cat is having a dental and extractions today. I'm worried about him because he's very sickly and anesthesia is more risky for him.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 11:37 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm having a great hair day.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 12:01 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm learning how to make pupusas today! I'm super excited!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:17 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Peri wrote:

I don't really have advice, but I get it. I'm working and my husband is unemployeed, but I'm still doing 90% of the housework. When I try to tell him how frustrating that is, he feels like I'm being mean or nagging, and he's basically said that he still feels like I should be doing half whether I'm working or not.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47533 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1512, 1513, 1514, 1515, 1516, 1517, 1518 ... 1902  Next