| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 24, 2014 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1513, 1514, 1515, 1516, 1517, 1518, 1519 ... 1769  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:37 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I booked a cabin for myself on the Turner Classic Movie cruise this morning (the cruise is in December, leaving from Miami and making a couple of stops in, I think, Bermuda and somewhere else). So excited!!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:22 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I'm listening to the Boxcar Children while I work today, and these kids are stressing me out. You use your first earnings to buy a table cloth. Don't you think you should worry about buying more than a day's worth of food at a time before you pretty up the boxcar? And what about winter? That boxcar isn't well-insulated, and you don't even own blankets.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:24 pm 
Impressive boner

I got some high strength b vitamins and vitamin c in an attempt to stave off my fatigue. It carried me through training today, which was good. I hope that megadosing doesn't give me the squits!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 3:38 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'm about to go teach my class, and I've been dreading it all day. Some hormone cocktail happening in my day 2 period body is making me tired and cranky and sad, which is just not the 'tude I need going for laying some knowledge down on some people. I just hope I don't get flustered and mess things up. That is the best I am hoping for right now.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 4:40 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

creep wrote:
I don't really have advice, but I get it. I'm working and my husband is unemployeed, but I'm still doing 90% of the housework. When I try to tell him how frustrating that is, he feels like I'm being mean or nagging, and he's basically said that he still feels like I should be doing half whether I'm working or not.

That's bullshiitake. When I didn't work, I did nearly all of the housework. But I get the frustration. My "chores" are pretty much daily, whereas Mike's are conveniently ad hoc. And mine are much more numerous and time consuming (like cooking, making lunches, feeding the cat, cleaning the litter box, doing the dishes, etc. as opposed to his taking out the rubbish and doing his laundry). That said, I'm a bit of a control freak, so I end up doing a lot of stuff because he does it "wrong".

seitanicverses wrote:
I booked a cabin for myself on the Turner Classic Movie cruise this morning (the cruise is in December, leaving from Miami and making a couple of stops in, I think, Bermuda and somewhere else). So excited!!!!!

That sounds fun! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Every once in a while, I'll start typing out something about a problem I'm having/decision I'm trying to make. In the process of clarifying what I'm trying to say, I think about it and come up with the solution. And that's great for having solved my problem, but kinda annoying in that I spent all that time typing it out.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:32 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

rachell37 wrote:
creep wrote:
I don't really have advice, but I get it. I'm working and my husband is unemployeed, but I'm still doing 90% of the housework. When I try to tell him how frustrating that is, he feels like I'm being mean or nagging, and he's basically said that he still feels like I should be doing half whether I'm working or not.

That's bullshiitake. When I didn't work, I did nearly all of the housework. But I get the frustration. My "chores" are pretty much daily, whereas Mike's are conveniently ad hoc. And mine are much more numerous and time consuming (like cooking, making lunches, feeding the cat, cleaning the litter box, doing the dishes, etc. as opposed to his taking out the rubbish and doing his laundry). That said, I'm a bit of a control freak, so I end up doing a lot of stuff because he does it "wrong".

I try to remind myself that if that's our biggest disagreement in life that we're doing okay, and it's not like he literally does absolutely nothing. But we definitely have different standards of cleanliness and expectations for how long it's okay to leave out messes. Frustrating as h*ck though.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 6:48 pm 
Naked Under Apron

seitanicverses wrote:

This sounds so amazing!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:10 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

creep wrote:
Peri wrote:
I'm upset that when I'm nice and ask nicely for help, no one offers to help. The only way I can get people to help me, like my husband, is to raise my voice and throw a bisque fit. So I can't have a pleasant day and get stuff done, with help. I have to go around snarling and raising my voice and it makes me feel lousy and why am I bothering to stay married if he only listens to me when I've crossed the line into batshit crazy?

I'd be a bisque and take my salary and hire some house help with the money he would otherwise use for groceries etc. He can go take of that himself then if he is so rah rah about splitting things equally.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:44 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

rachell37 wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:

That sounds fun! I'm sure you'll have a great time.

Every once in a while, I'll start typing out something about a problem I'm having/decision I'm trying to make. In the process of clarifying what I'm trying to say, I think about it and come up with the solution. And that's great for having solved my problem, but kinda annoying in that I spent all that time typing it out.

blondiefk wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:

This sounds so amazing!

Thanks, guys! Totally looking forward. Robert Wagner is going to be on board. My sister immediately pointed out the Natalie Wood tragedy when I mentioned RW was one of the celebrity guests (NW, RW's wife, died falling off their boat, The Splendour in 1981). And RW was in a movie version of Titanic (1953). I wonder if they'll screen it on the cruise?

The food pickings don't look good though--I mentioned I was vegan when I booked and she said there's a buffet "all the time" and I should be able to find stuff to eat, but the cruise, for me, isn't about food it's more about the classic movie theme so whatevs. My sister says if there's a salad bar I should be able to get chickpeas and rice and dressing and I can build my own salads and stuff. The cruise is only five days with two stops in Bahamas so I should be fine.

I'm going to work a lot the next couple of months to pay for it, but I really want to go so bad that even though I can't really afford it, I decided I'd just take on extra work and do it. I've never taken a vacation by myself like this where I'm just going to do something I've chosen myself--you know, no input or influence from anyone else and I'm really excited and loving having this now to look forward to!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:45 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

pro tip: don't cut your watermelon with the knife you just used to crush garlic. you might have already forgotten that the garlic was ever there, but the knife remembers, and it won't remind you gently.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:49 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'll add to that by strongly suggesting that you also refrain from cutting your nice fresh banana bread loaf with the garlic knife.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 8:59 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

My work crush- a guy I've had a crush on for literally a year and have flirted with pathetically for all that time- asked for my number today! wahoo!!! My coworkers were making fun of my swooning behind his back while we were talking, and damn is it hard to keep a straight flirty face when wanting to burst out laughing and your coworkers feigning marriage proposals and batting eyelashes!

Regardless, I'm PSYCHED. He works in environmental preservation.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:10 pm 
Semen Strong

lavawitch wrote:
I'll add to that by strongly suggesting that you also refrain from cutting your nice fresh banana bread loaf with the garlic knife.

The cutting board also has a longer memory than you'd expect.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 01, 2013 9:16 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

Tofulish wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

truth! the ghosts of generations of garlic live in my cutting block and rise up to greet me every time the thing gets wet. i don't notice the flavor creeping into anything, but my mom has one board for sweet things and one board for savory things, and woe unto the fool who confuses them while trying to help with dinner.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:41 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Tofulish wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

In my house, garlic and onions simply aren't allowed on the wooden cuttin boards (that I use to knead my bread and cut my cakes).

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 1:42 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So, as you all may or may not know, tonight I am officially homeless! And living in my truck! What what! I'm currently in the back of it right now, all cozy and snug as a bug in a frakken rug. It'll be good guys, don't worry bout me'

More important thing is: I went on a date tonight. With a guy who asked me out. In person. And he's hot, and trans. Ugh, PPK, I'm frakken excited as frak. He said I was a babe.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:20 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

seitanicverses wrote:
... I've never taken a vacation by myself like this where I'm just going to do something I've chosen myself--you know, no input or influence from anyone else and I'm really excited and loving having this now to look forward to!

This sounds so exciting! What an interesting sounding holiday. Looking forward to your updates!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 3:28 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

missdelaney and Mars - hooray for your romantic adventures!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:25 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

seitanicverses wrote:

The cruise is only five days with two stops in Bahamas so I should be fine.

Pig Beach is in the Bahamas!!!!! You must go! You must!!!!

ETA I got so excited about you possibly going to Pig Beach that I messed up the quotey thing and can't fix it properly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:41 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Cooking class went pretty well last night. I got a tomato seed stuck in my throat for awhile and couldn't talk and kept coughing, but finally got it up, and after that it went swimmingly. People were laughing at my jokes. That hardly ever happens. Sweet. Also, hopefully they come to my next one! I want to get a following of middle aged white people who have a ton of questions about tofu! (Apparently my demographic.)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 7:44 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

[quote="rachell37
Every once in a while, I'll start typing out something about a problem I'm having/decision I'm trying to make. In the process of clarifying what I'm trying to say, I think about it and come up with the solution. And that's great for having solved my problem, but kinda annoying in that I spent all that time typing it out.[/quote]

you know what, though...I'd bet other people are having the same problem (or will in the future, or know someone who is) and they'd benefit from you posting your dilemma and the solution you came up with.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:32 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

tofucheez wrote:
Pig Beach is in the Bahamas!!!!! You must go! You must!!!!

ETA I got so excited about you possibly going to Pig Beach that I messed up the quotey thing and can't fix it properly

Oooh....I will try to see Pig Beach if I can. The ship stops at certain ports--Nassau and Castaway Cay--I've heard of Nassau but not the other but if those are accessible to Pig Beach in the time I have off board ship, I will pay a visit. At the very least, I will be in the same hemisphere and on the same sand/land mass of the pigs and I will commune with them somehow even just if in my mind!

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 8:33 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

tofucheez wrote:
rachell37 wrote:

you know what, though...I'd bet other people are having the same problem (or will in the future, or know someone who is) and they'd benefit from you posting your dilemma and the solution you came up with.

Well, my dilemma was whether or not I should book some extra days of holiday next week so I could tidy the house and get some painting done before my guest arrives. I don't think it would've been particularly helpful to anyone else. But I have realised that the typing out itself helps me process and problem-solve, so it's helpful even if I have to just delete everything.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 9:53 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My cousin just found out that she's having a boy. They're naming him Jaxyn.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 10:08 am 
Nailed to the V

Thanks everyone, it's nice to have a sounding board and to be heard.

Hubby is good with the house work. My problem is work related. We're self employed and we both have plenty of work to do to keep us busy. So I can't fault him for being lazy. But I know that if there was something that he wanted or needed he'd crawl over broken glass if he had to, in order to get what he wanted. He'd work extra hours, nights and weekends in order to get or achieve whatever it is he's after. Which is great. But if it's something I want or need and he's not that much interested in it, then I'm pretty much all on my own.

Anyway, I've been working on a work related project since either December or January, without any help, and my self imposed deadline is the end of September so I have eight more weeks to go. I'm just burned out. And a little help would make it go faster. I've been asking for help this whole year. No one is pushing me but if I don't set strict deadlines it won't get done. I found some old emails of mine from 2007 telling a friend about this project I wanted to start. I'm the queen of procrastination. So this whole year has been about this project and nothing else. So I want to get it over and done with so I can get on with my life and do other things.

Reply to topic  [ 44225 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1513, 1514, 1515, 1516, 1517, 1518, 1519 ... 1769  Next