| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 11:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1534, 1535, 1536, 1537, 1538, 1539, 1540 ... 1860  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:33 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Allularpunk, I normally find just running some water over baked on dough and leaving it to soak in for five minutes makes it easy to then scrape off, just tilt it so it drips into the sink.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 5:58 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

dropscone wrote:
...just tilt it so it drips into the sink.

I don't know why, but this sounds dirty to me. I think I need to go to sleep.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 6:51 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

lay some wet paper towels on the stuck bits. if you need to angle it over the sink to catch drips you can. but leave the toweling there for a few hours/overnight and it should loosen it up. just keep the towels wet.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Yay, I got approval to adopt the cat I want. We're doing a trial to see how he gets along with the others.

Except now I'm second guessing myself and thinking I should take this poor ten yo declawed tabby female who's in pretty bad shape instead of a healthy adoptable cat.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:29 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Just adopt ten more un-adoptable ones to make up for the one adoptable and you'll be good to go. (Also, get a mansion and a couple hired cat-entertainers while you're at it).

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Mars wrote:
Just adopt ten more un-adoptable ones to make up for the one adoptable and you'll be good to go. (Also, get a mansion and a couple hired cat-entertainers while you're at it).

If you decide on this route, where should I send my cat-entertaining resume?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:33 pm 

Fizzgig wrote:
Mars wrote:

If you decide on this route, where should I send my cat-entertaining resume?

Wait, yeah, me too.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:05 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Ha, I feel bad for her. She's so decrepit. If I ever win the lottery I'm opening a cat sanctuary and you can all come be cat entertainers.

And I will not feel guilty for adopting a healthy, normal cat. WILL NOT.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:19 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Tofulish wrote:
bodhi wrote:
My partner's brother came over the other day and spent the night so they could game/hangout, and the two of them, plus my two kids were all hot and sweaty all day. Now my living rooms smells gross, but I can't pinpoint where the smell is coming from so that I could clean it. I think it might be the couch/rug/all the textiles. Ugh!

I bought the Aura Cacia scentball and that with a few drops of peppermint EO has been our salvation. Despite having very stanky animals. Its less than $8 on Amazon and then my house stops smelling like pee and dog breath

Thank you! I will look into that! For now, it's not too bad, as I've got the door wide open and I also baked a lot this morning. Can't wait to try that though. I love peppermint EO!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:20 pm 

blondiefk wrote:
Ha, I feel bad for her. She's so decrepit. If I ever win the lottery I'm opening a cat sanctuary and you can all come be cat entertainers.

You do so much more than most people for animals, you definitely deserve to love whichever animal to happen to love. :)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:47 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

blondiefk wrote:

You do so much for rescue cats, don't be upset with yourself for falling for a healthy one who would be a good candidate for adoption. You get to see so much garbage, to see so much illness and sadness it can be defeating, and allowing yourself a fairly easy adoptee is something you are full entitled to.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 2:16 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

hangin' in the spare room with feral cats. they're not quiiite social enough to be patted yet, but the last 24h has been mad breakthroughs, with one coming right up to sniff at me on her own. weeee!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 4:46 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

My brother just phoned me from a cell in Guernsey where he is working, having been arrested for possession of cannabis. He either had to pay £600 or go to jail for 30 days. Needless to say he doesn't have £600. He is supposed to be taking his 2 children to Spain on holiday next week, and obviously, had he been jailed, his work would have had to be told. Otherwise, I'd have let him go, but I paid it. I'll never see it back, just like the many thousands my parents have spent over the years on bailiffs and fines.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:03 am 
Ninja Master

I have switched to mini cans of diet coke in an attempt to lower my diet coke consumption. OK in theory but I just want a second one now because the mini ones are too forking small. Fail.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:10 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

VPITS Peach Buckle Cake with a cup of Constant Comment with unsweetened soymilk stirred in on a foggy morning...perfection.

(Also, thanks to all for the wet towel solution to my crusty pan problem, will try that!)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:56 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm really quite excited about the ending for the zine i'm working on that I just finished penciling out!
it's so close to the hard part being done!
I think it looks nice, and I'm excited to get a lot of this stuff out of my head, moving on to srs print work again.
also it's 40 pages, whups.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:01 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

boober, I would be greatly interested in reading a zine that you publish. What is it about?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:21 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It's called "Split: a zine about leaving" and it's about, well, leaving! people, places, the concept of home and the dichotomy of freedom and loneliness that comes with choosing to go. it's half journal comic, half not, half weird little thoughts, etc.
I'll be dropping it sometime in early-mid september and it'll be for sale for under $10!

Image here is a really tiny part of one page, the whole thing is illustrated in this sort of style, if that adds to the overall picture.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:55 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Awesome!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:05 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

I really feel like meeting someone. Someone cool and nice who could take me out on things. Too bad I only fall for straight, older men and lesbian women with cats. Or people who live halfway across the world. It makes things so much harder.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:12 pm 

Efcliz wrote:
My brother just phoned me from a cell in Guernsey where he is working, having been arrested for possession of cannabis. He either had to pay £600 or go to jail for 30 days. Needless to say he doesn't have £600. He is supposed to be taking his 2 children to Spain on holiday next week, and obviously, had he been jailed, his work would have had to be told. Otherwise, I'd have let him go, but I paid it. I'll never see it back, just like the many thousands my parents have spent over the years on bailiffs and fines.

£600?? fork me! Have you confirmed the amount with the police? Round here the newspaper reports usually mention fine amounts around £60-80...I know you say you paid it, so I guess that was direct? If not I'd double-check.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:36 pm 

dropscone wrote:
Efcliz wrote:

£600?? fork me! Have you confirmed the amount with the police? Round here the newspaper reports usually mention fine amounts around £60-80...I know you say you paid it, so I guess that was direct? If not I'd double-check.

https://www.gov.uk/penalties-drug-possession-dealing

Cannabis is Class B which can be an "unlimited fine" , but the same page also mentions that a on the spot fine of 80 pounds is possible.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 12:42 pm 
WELFARIST!

I wonder how Marvins feel about the phrase "starvin' like Marvin". Or Adams about "you don't know me from Adam". Or Sam Hills by "What in the Sam Hill?" Or Graces by "Grace under pressure" Or John Hancocks by "give me your John Hancock".

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:03 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

seitanicverses wrote:
I wonder how Marvins feel about the phrase "starvin' like Marvin". Or Adams about "you don't know me from Adam". Or Sam Hills by "What in the Sam Hill?" Or Graces by "Grace under pressure" Or John Hancocks by "give me your John Hancock".

Or Toms about 'Peeping Toms' or Nancys about 'Negative Nancy'?

As for the Graces out there, I always thought that phrase meant a state of grace and not a person's name. I wonder if people named Grace feel the need to be graceful or gracious?

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 20, 2013 1:16 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

allularpunk wrote:
seitanicverses wrote:

Or Toms about 'Peeping Toms' or Nancys about 'Negative Nancy'?

As for the Graces out there, I always thought that phrase meant a state of grace and not a person's name. I wonder if people named Grace feel the need to be graceful or gracious?

Exactly why I'm naming my future kid Temperance. Well, that and Wilson can't pronounce it.

(And that's exactly why I'm not having children.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46480 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1534, 1535, 1536, 1537, 1538, 1539, 1540 ... 1860  Next