| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Apr 17, 2014 8:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1536, 1537, 1538, 1539, 1540, 1541, 1542 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:34 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Efcliz wrote:
lepelaar wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
There's a fascinating movie on Netflix called The Grace Lee Project, about a person named Grace Lee who goes around interviewing everyone she can find who is also named Grace Lee. At first I wasn't sure if it would be any good, but it turned out to be terrific and I highly recommend it!

This sounds similar to Are You Dave Gorman?.

That's what I thought, but I couldn't remember Dave Gorman's name, so I just came back to post it. I love his Googlewhack too.

Between this and the crush on CJ Craig, I'm starting to wonder if we're the same person.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:43 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Awkward conversation with a colleague:

- So, he's the one you're interested in?
- Hm?
- In the pic?
- Yeah. Wait, what pic?
- The one in your profile.
- My profile? Shu, that's my DAD!
- Oh, wow, this is awkward.

It's more funny than awkward. (And my dad, who is 60, looks young.) But still!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 6:52 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

lutin wrote:

- Hm?
- In the pic?
- Yeah. Wait, what pic?

Haha! I went through that same thought process when I saw your profile pic. (Admittedly, when it was still thumbnail size.) Like: "Hmmm... I wonder if that's nature boy..." *click* "Hmm... he's handsome but looks older than I expected." Then I saw the name and figured it was your dad (or an older brother).

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:21 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

lepelaar wrote:
lutin wrote:

- Hm?
- In the pic?
- Yeah. Wait, what pic?

Haha! I went through that same thought process when I saw your profile pic. (Admittedly, when it was still thumbnail size.) Like: "Hmmm... I wonder if that's nature boy..." *click* "Hmm... he's handsome but looks older than I expected." Then I saw the name and figured it was your dad (or an older brother).

I had a friend in middle school who had a crush on my dad. It was super awkward!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:24 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

That's nothing. I once fancied my ex's Dad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:53 am 

Efcliz wrote:
That's nothing. I once fancied my ex's Dad.

Did you tell your ex about it though? Every time you went over to your ex's house or saw your ex's dad? Also were you twelve?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 9:35 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I did tell my ex. Many times. I think I may have told him it was a shame he wasn't more like his Dad. But no, I wasn't 12. Hard to see that the relationship didn't last really.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:25 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I played hooky from work yesterday (sick day) to go to the Oregon coast with my boyfriend. It was an amazing day, and I'm glad I went.

Today? Today, I'm actually sick! Like, huddled in my fleecy pyjamas and wearing a fleece under my hoodie chilled to the bone sick. Karma: still a bisque, evidently. At least i got some good pictures.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:27 pm 
Nailed to the V

What part of the supermarket apart from the bulk bins does one find nutritional yeast. Years ago I would buy it at the bulk store, but that`s not an option where I now live. I`m sure one of the fancypants supermarkets it town would carry it, but in what section?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:28 pm 
Naked Under Apron

At Whole Foods they sell it with the vitamin supplements. Maybe other stores do TOO?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:31 pm 
Nailed to the V

jordanpattern wrote:
I played hooky from work yesterday (sick day) to go to the Oregon coast with my boyfriend. It was an amazing day, and I'm glad I went.

Today? Today, I'm actually sick! Like, huddled in my fleecy pyjamas and wearing a fleece under my hoodie chilled to the bone sick. Karma: still a bisque, evidently. At least i got some good pictures.

Playing hooky from work to do something fun is the best! I've never had the courage to do it though, only call in when actually sick. I'm sorry you ended up sick though - doubt it's Karma, the impending sick is probably what gave you the impulse to skive off work in the first place. You're subconscious said "have some fun, we'll be crook tomorrow"

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:38 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

mrsbadmouth wrote:
This is pretty random, but on twitter I get unfollowed by more random vegans than non-vegans. I basically follow nerds and vegans, and if a nerdy person retweets me and I get followers, they tend to stick around and don't unfollow me for my vegan tweets, whereas vegans (especially health vegans) seem to realize that I talk more about my farts and video games and tv than I do like...kale.

ohhh same! I have the word vegan in my description so there are a bunch of rando vegan health blogs that occasionally follow me. they jump ship when they realize twitter is where my insane rambling goes.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:42 pm 
Nailed to the V

blondiefk wrote:
At Whole Foods they sell it with the vitamin supplements. Maybe other stores do TOO?

Thanks, I'll look there. I know I could just ask at the store, but I'm a get in get out sort of shopper.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:24 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Really annoyed. My new glasses STILL haven't arrived and there is no answer at the store. Between the lenses and the frames they were really expensive.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:33 pm 

jordanpattern wrote:

Awesome pics! And no, it totally works out now (except that you're actually sick). Because you'll be back at work, and people will be like, aw, you really are sick!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 1:34 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

JP, those are beautiful pictures! It looks like you had a wonderful time and the picture of you and the BF is too sweet. So jealous :) Feel better soon.

I need to follow more vegans on twitter as I have fallen rather out of love with most of the randoms I've acquired.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:04 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

The American couple at the supermarket seemed highly amused to see a product called "Super dickmanns"

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:35 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I just did my budget for the rest of the month and if I'm going to pay all of my rent and bills, I cannot spend a single dollar on anything until...the 15th of September? When I'll be getting paid from my gallery job again. So that's a little scary.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:54 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

allularpunk wrote:
I just did my budget for the rest of the month and if I'm going to pay all of my rent and bills, I cannot spend a single dollar on anything until...the 15th of September? When I'll be getting paid from my gallery job again. So that's a little scary.

Not fun. I just went out to buy a few missing ingredients to enable me to make the VWaV carrot cake everyone seems to recommend and ended up buying a few other bits and bobs, left the supermarket immediately hit with buyers remorse, even though it mostly wasn't lavish stuff (bread! lemons! cornflour!!). I have a commitment to go for a meal mid September but apart from that I can't spend anything else at all from this pay cheque (which I don't actually receive until next week).

Doesn't help someone claims to have never got one of my timesheets so I'm down about fifty quid from what I was expecting for August. I should get it in September's pay though, since they have signing in sheets that'll prove I was there.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 4:58 pm 
Semen Strong

VeganinBerlin wrote:
The American couple at the supermarket seemed highly amused to see a product called "Super dickmanns"

I wish they were vegan! I loved those pregan!

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:02 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Yup, I feel your pain, allular. I can't spend a single penny between now and payday. Do you have a goodly stocked store cupboard of things you can scrange meals out of at least? That is my saving grace at least just now, even if I am to be living off mostly noodles and chickpeas for the next wee while.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 5:37 pm 
Chard Martyr

allularpunk wrote:
Same boat. I thought I made okay money but now insurance, 401k, etc, on top of the hundreds that feds and state take out for tax... total crepe. And I took a new position in my agency and I'm working probably 10x more and making less because I had to give up some extra money-making hours I was doing. Oh well. It only really stings at a time like now when my renters insurance, dentist, license fee are all due at once on top of everyday living stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:13 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

My property management company just sent me a notice saying I was being charged $79.50 because they saw that the screen on my door was torn and replaced it without telling me.

First of all, it was on the outside of my apartment, can they prove that it's my fault? (I actually think it's an old roommate's fault, though I'm not really sure.) Also I could have easily fixed it for much cheaper but they just did it without informing me. Also they claimed it was 1.5 hours of labor which is such bullshiitake. I'm disputing the charge. forkers.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 7:51 pm 
Queen Bitch of Self-Righteous Veganville

I think that's weird, that seems like something that they might point out before you move because it could potentially come out of your deposit when you move, but even then that might be chalked up to general wear-and-tear. Either way, they should've given you a chance to fix it or pay to have it fixed yourself.

The tree is his penis // it's very exciting // when held up to his mouth // the lights are all lighting // his eyes start a-bulging // in unbridled glee // the tree is his penis // its beauty, effulgent -amandabear

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:16 pm 
Naked Under Apron

I lived in a basement apartment that was in a house. The owner's dog ripped the window screens trying to get at my cat. When I moved out they kept my deposit because of that.

Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1536, 1537, 1538, 1539, 1540, 1541, 1542 ... 1767  Next