| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Jul 27, 2014 11:13 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1543, 1544, 1545, 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549 ... 1827  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:09 pm 
Nailed to the V

dropscone wrote:
Ah, if it's scrambled eggs they were bringing that's totally understandable you would be peeved. Glad you managed to get it sorted with them though. Otherwise if they'd insisted (or if they change their minds) maybe you could do something like pancakes instead?

* * *epilogue* * *

They all loved the scrambled tofu :)

It appreaded that, as suspected, my friend just didnt know at all what scrambled tofu was (I might have overreacted)

* * *the end * * *

(sorry for interrupting the other conversations)

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:31 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Yay!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:05 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

poopiebitch wrote:
I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad jojo, but I'm very glad they were able to find out what's going on and that you can now be on your way to getting better!

Thank you! I'm so excited to start feeling better soon. I haven't been able to exercise at all for the past few weeks, my joints have been super achey and I've been SO freaking tired. I'm pretty over it!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:14 pm 
Hip Goiter

Jojo go get better NOW! Go! Now!

I saw the new documentary about JD Salinger today, and I'm not allowed to say anything about it at all --- but I had to share that apparently, like decades and decades ago, he put 'some kind of yeast' on his popcorn. SALINGER USED NOOCH! SALINGER USED NOOCH!!!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:18 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

jojo wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
I'm sorry you've been feeling so bad jojo, but I'm very glad they were able to find out what's going on and that you can now be on your way to getting better!

Thank you! I'm so excited to start feeling better soon. I haven't been able to exercise at all for the past few weeks, my joints have been super achey and I've been SO freaking tired. I'm pretty over it!

I'm so happy to hear this!! That must have been frustrating and scary. So you'll just have to take a supplement or something? I hope it's an easy, fast, and long lasting fix.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 2:51 pm 
Semen Strong

Jojo, so happy that you've found the cause and can finally get better! It sucks to be sick and feel tired and out of sorts!

Also Noochy Salinger sounds like a hipster band.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:03 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Glad you have a diagnosis, jojo! I hope you're quickly on your way back to health!

I have an interview with a department at the uni. I'm excited. I really hope I get it. Not only is it a foot in the door of the university system, but it's also an immediate pay bump of nearly £1000/year even if they start me at the bottom of the scale. I celebrated by buying myself a box of truffles that were half price. I haven't had this brand in a while, and they're even better than I remember them.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 3:51 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

jojo wrote:
I've been having some health issues recently and I've been having tests and stuff for the last 6 weeks or so. Today I finally got an answer and it turns out I have crazy low ferritin, like so low the doctor said he didn't understand how I was even managing to get outa bed! I'm super relieved that it's not coeliac and I cannot wait to start feeling better!

I'm glad you finally got an answer.

A guy I had a crush on in high school asked me out. He didn't remember me from back then but it was flattering nonetheless.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 4:11 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I made socca tonight for the time. It was so flippin easy and so delicious! I guess I'll be making this all the time.

I made it last week and have decided to make it all the time as well! Since I'm not able to buy groceries for awhile, and I have a huge bag of chickpea flour, this is how I'm going to be getting my protein for the next while. I actually have a double batch of batter resting on my counter right now. Experimenting with sundried tomato, basil, and thyme as the flavors. Yum!

As for my own stuff...I'm having a bit of a hard time right now. I'm sure that a LOT of it is tied into PMS, so I'm trying to keep telling myself that I'll feel better in a few days. I just feel so anxious about so many things (money, work, friends, family, relationship) and my head just won't stop. Got that anxiety fire in my chest and a semi-constant lump in my throat. I just need so many hugs. Anyway...going it alone tonight and am actually rather relieved. I need some kitty time in my quiet apartment. I hate feeling so distraught and not knowing how to solve it. This is when that old xanax prescription would have reaaallllly come in handy. Alas, I must deal with it on my own these days.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:13 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

So many hugs to you, AP!!

PostPosted: Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:17 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Thanks <3

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:28 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have baked maple brown sugar scones, coconut pecan rum balls, handpies, pumpkin raisin cookies, a peach pie, and almond shortbread in the last twenty four hours. Tomorrow I am making lemon bars and peanut butter cookies.

I haven't baked in like...eight months to avoid massive consumption of sugar for a while. I may be back with a vengeance.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:29 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

ndpittman wrote:
jojo wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

I'm so happy to hear this!! That must have been frustrating and scary. So you'll just have to take a supplement or something? I hope it's an easy, fast, and long lasting fix.

Thank you! I need to take 200mg of ferrous sulphate (my regular iron tablet has 14mg) twice a day for at least six weeks. They think that having crazy heavy periods for a year and a half when I tried out an IUD, giving blood and working out lots without increasing caloric intake were probably all contributing factors. And yeah, it was super frustrating and scary! Going from working out 3 or 4 times a week and feeling awesome and strong to being a shaky, achy mess who could hardly get through a yoga class without feeling dizzy suuuucked. I'm gonna take it easy for the rest of the week and then try getting back to the gym next week, I can't wait!

And thank you Randi, 'fulish, blondiefk & Rachel!

AP now I want socca (it's similar to pudla right?) and miss d I haven't baked for fun in soooo long, your post made me wanna bake a pie!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 4:34 am 
Ninja Master

jojo wrote:
Thank you! I need to take 200mg of ferrous sulphate (my regular iron tablet has 14mg) twice a day for at least six weeks. They think that having crazy heavy periods for a year and a half when I tried out an IUD, giving blood and working out lots without increasing caloric intake were probably all contributing factors. And yeah, it was super frustrating and scary! Going from working out 3 or 4 times a week and feeling awesome and strong to being a shaky, achy mess who could hardly get through a yoga class without feeling dizzy suuuucked. I'm gonna take it easy for the rest of the week and then try getting back to the gym next week, I can't wait!

I'm glad they figured it out hun. I had ridiculously low iron from heavy periods too before I went on the pill, I was so anaemic, I thought I was gonna pass out a couple of times at the gym. The iron pills definitely helped so yay, you'll feel super badass again in no time I'm sure!

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:40 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

blondiefk wrote:
blondiefk wrote:
I was just at the shelter to pick up a kitten (I was there when he was surrendered and promised a crying little girl I'd make sure he got out) and they couldn't find him. I walked though the whole shelter with the rescue coordinator and he was nowhere. He told me sometimes volunteers take kittens. I hope that's what happened..

They found him! He's in foster through the shelter until he's old enough to go to adoptions. Which could be good or bad, depending if he gets adopted or not. I wish they had just let us take him then he'd be safe for sure.

yay!! where was he. anyway?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:55 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

Animal Care and Control has their own foster homes and it hadn't been put in the computer that he had been placed in one. When he's old enough he'll go to adoptions at ACC. But they're a kill shelter so he would have been better off with us because if he gets sick there or they don't have room he could still be killed. I was there when he was surrendered and I promised the family's little girl I'd make sure he was safe. On a good note after one day in adoptions he will be available for a rescue to pull if he's not adopted immediately. And the family surrendering the kittens gave his two siblings to a family that came in looking for kittens.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 9:54 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

aelle wrote:
That's where I met my first batch of friends here, but the problem with expats is that they leave! I joined an expat group that revolved around, er, eating and drinking, and I met cool people, but they're gone now. There's also the issue that most expat women who aren't super young students / interns here for under 12 months are often embassy wives with whom I have little in common, including when their social gatherings take place (middle of the afternoon) or how much they cost (a tea-drinking event that turns into a 100+ euros class on tea? Meh).

I think what I would really like is to be part of a vegan baking / bake sale group; in Korea baking to raise funds for dog rescues was the most fun I had. Haven't found such a thing yet, though. But now it goes on the list.

Aww Aelle! Whenever you would like to grab a beer (or vegan icecream) just give me a shout! I work in Altona, so can meet anywhere.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:27 am 
Seagull of the PPK

aelle wrote:
There's also the issue that most expat women who aren't super young students / interns here for under 12 months are often embassy wives with whom I have little in common, including when their social gatherings take place (middle of the afternoon) or how much they cost (a tea-drinking event that turns into a 100+ euros class on tea? Meh).

this is the story of my life!!! i am not a happy member of ladies who lunch.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

The hand soap went a little wild, and now it looks like someone spunked on my skirt.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 10:47 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

RandiJM wrote:
I saw the new documentary about JD Salinger today, and I'm not allowed to say anything about it at all --- but I had to share that apparently, like decades and decades ago, he put 'some kind of yeast' on his popcorn. SALINGER USED NOOCH! SALINGER USED NOOCH!!!

This is so rad.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:02 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

That's so cool!

Hmm. I haven't been PPKing much lately. Funny, all this free time and all, but nothing to say plus depression means I'm avoiding the things I love. Stupid. Hi guys!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 1:53 pm 
Hip Goiter

You really have to watch this prank. I laughed so hard. I feel bad about it.

http://io9.com/this-terrifying-raptor-c ... 1210483692

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:04 pm 
WRETCHED

RandiJM wrote:
You really have to watch this prank. I laughed so hard. I feel bad about it.

http://io9.com/this-terrifying-raptor-c ... 1210483692

this is apparently worse, someone linked it in the comments of that one
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ySQahcfHEBs#t=143

Last edited by linanil on Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:07 pm, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:05 pm 
WELFARIST!

paprikapapaya wrote:
That's so cool!

Hmm. I haven't been PPKing much lately. Funny, all this free time and all, but nothing to say plus depression means I'm avoiding the things I love. Stupid. Hi guys!

Hi! <3 <3 <3 Hope you and Trevor are coming out for the Veg Food Fest!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 28, 2013 2:08 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I think October will be my Internet-free month. Unless it's googling stuff about Greenland and looking at the Greenlandic newspapers online. I really need to finish my BA thesis and I need to cut off completely to do this. Hopefully the PPK won't have imploded by then.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45656 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1543, 1544, 1545, 1546, 1547, 1548, 1549 ... 1827  Next