| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1551, 1552, 1553, 1554, 1555, 1556, 1557 ... 1858  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 3:45 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

lepelaar wrote:
I've tried using single euros to light my farts, but those coins just won't hold a flame.

ha!!
[this came from a long ago discussion about a certain glamorous cookbook author using shallots in her delightful recipes, if i recall mumbles minced no words about the bourgeois nature of shallot users]

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 5:58 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

Fee wrote:
I definitely remember how it started - someone posted a link to the rachel ray garbage bowl that costs $30 - if you've never seen them they're a bowl you put out when you're cooking to throw scraps and garbage in. Very innovative. And then everyone was like haha that's silly. AND THEN. Someone was like "this is great, I don't always want to go over to the garbage when I'm cooking" and someone else was like "well you can achieve the same thing with a regular not expensive bowl" and other person was like "I don't have bowls" and everyone was like "you don't have bowls?" and then lackabowl was all "NO NOT EVERYONE HAS BOWLS"

So now we don't even need the thread.

I wish I could sig this... ALL OF IT.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 06, 2013 6:19 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

crasshole at animal care and control won't take his dogs back because they were neutered as per law. He's talking about suing them for destroying his property. I'm enraged.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:00 am 
And you never will.

I have a small covered area just outside my front door, and a rather large spider has build a lovely web pretty much spanning the entire "patio", about three feet away from my door. I don't really use my front door and also I hate all people, so I've let the spider stay and have lovingly nicknamed it my Guard Spider. Unfortunately, I have a customer coming to pick up an order at 8am tomorrow, which means I'm going to have to relocate Guard Spider. I'm upset about this for three reasons: 1) While I'm happy to let said spider live outside my door, I have no desire to actually interact with it. At all. 2) I feel terribly guilty about the distress being moved will cause it, and also about tearing down the web it has worked so hard on. 3) No more Guard Spider keeping the creepers and Jesus-folk away from my door.

It's probably not okay to just ask my customer to meet me in the alley around the back of my house, right?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:14 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

maybe you can just act like you didn't know the spider was there?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 12:18 am 
And you never will.

But what if she doesn't notice and walks into the web? Also, there is literally no way to get to the front door through the web. I'm not kidding when I say it's totally blocking the entire door.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:19 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

daisychain wrote:
And how can you live without bowls? Is that even legal?

Ha ha!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:48 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

poopiebitch wrote:
But what if she doesn't notice and walks into the web? Also, there is literally no way to get to the front door through the web. I'm not kidding when I say it's totally blocking the entire door.

I think we need a photo of this web. I always feel a bit torn about destroying spider webs. It takes them so darn long to make them and I tend not to notice them until they have put months of work in. But by then it really looks like my house is a shittip.

I ate a muffin and a big plate of pancakes for breakfast. Now I'm exhausted and want to go to bed again.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:53 am 
Nailed to the V

more spider talk! my husband is away until tomorrow ... he was not here last night, I woke suddenly, then settled ... BUT when I woke again, turned on the bedside lamp I saw a GIANT black spider on the skirting board staring at me. My arm itched ... I looked at it, 2 swollen bits / bites on the inside of my forearm which settled as I watched them (okay I may have dozed off for a bit) into two red dots ... I had been bitten! by THAT spider! Enraged I threw one of my bedroom slippers at it ... it then scuttled behind the headboard.
I then rose and scuttled off myself to the guest room where I spent the rest of the night.
I have visited the bedroom several times today, even opening WIDE the window in case it wished to go elsewhere with ease ... no sign of it ...
I do not like spiders, they are too fast, often on the ceiling where they might fall into my hair AND they have 8 legs to my 2 which seems rather unfair.
My husband rang today & when hearing that I had been bitten by a spider still loose in the house he calmly said there are NO spiders with killer bites in the U.K. then went to something to speak of something else ...

He said he might be back this evening ... good ... then HE can deal with capturing it on a bowled plate then releasing it back into the wild ...

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:10 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

teacup wrote:
I do not like spiders, they are too fast, often on the ceiling where they might fall into my hair AND they have 8 legs to my 2 which seems rather unfair.

I love you.

I had what I can only believe to be a few nasty spider bites on my leg a month or so ago. Mosquito bites don't usually stick around or itch so furiously on me. These were angry red bumps that itched like the devil for a couple of weeks. Why spiders gotta be biting us? Why spiders not just keep to themselves and leave us alone?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:12 am 
And you never will.

daisychain wrote:
I think we need a photo of this web.

I didn't get one of the whole thing (I wish I had now), but here's a terrible flash picture of the Guard Spider and some of its web. The entire web was about 3' across, attached to the wall of my house on one side (which extends beyond the front door), and a post on the other side, with its center right at eye level.

Picture of a spider!
Spoiler: show

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:17 am 
Semen Strong

I love that picture! I love spiders, but I can never get that kind of awesome shot! Love the lighting!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:18 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Thank you for putting that under spoiler tags, but morbid curiosity made me look anyway, and my heart rate sped up. Guard Spider is HUGE.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 8:52 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

best spider ever!, oh, man. i'd have just told the customer to come around to the other door.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:33 am 
WELFARIST!

poopiebitch wrote:
I have a small covered area just outside my front door, and a rather large spider has build a lovely web pretty much spanning the entire "patio", about three feet away from my door. I don't really use my front door and also I hate all people, so I've let the spider stay and have lovingly nicknamed it my Guard Spider. Unfortunately, I have a customer coming to pick up an order at 8am tomorrow, which means I'm going to have to relocate Guard Spider. I'm upset about this for three reasons: 1) While I'm happy to let said spider live outside my door, I have no desire to actually interact with it. At all. 2) I feel terribly guilty about the distress being moved will cause it, and also about tearing down the web it has worked so hard on. 3) No more Guard Spider keeping the creepers and Jesus-folk away from my door.

It's probably not okay to just ask my customer to meet me in the alley around the back of my house, right?

I had a spider who lived between my windows for around three months. I loved him! I totally left him alone and watched his activities. One day he just never came back and I was actually very sad. I still sometimes wonder what happened to him and hope he had a good life livin' in my bedroom window. I even wrote a poem about him years later.

Your spider is awesome like mine was!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:38 am 
WRETCHED

we had a spider living on our basement door light, he was pretty cool but then we had a storm and he went away

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 9:39 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

What an awesome spider.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 11:10 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

That's a cool pic Poopiebitch. How big is the spider itself? It looks gigantic. I think I might sabotage the steps on my porch or put a wet paint sign* so then maybe the customer will just call when they get there "Uh, I'm here but can't get onto your porch?" And then you can sidle them around to the alley. (This is sounding very sinister, but desperate times...)

*might require some actual painting or painting props to be convincing

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:17 pm 
And you never will.

So, the plot thickens. I got up this morning with the intention of moving Guard Spider, but it (and any trace of its web) was already gone. I assumed at the time that my husband had moved it last night while I was busy, because we'd had a discussion yesterday about who would be the one to do it. Pick-up goes as planned, blah blah blah... eventually my husband got up and it turns out he didn't move the spider.

You guys, Guard Spider moved out on its own and didn't even leave a note. There was no sign of foul play.

Last edited by poopiebitch on Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 3:18 pm 
And you never will.

emmalv wrote:
That's a cool pic Poopiebitch. How big is the spider itself? It looks gigantic.

It was about 2 1/2" leg tip to leg tip (so not massive, but not tiny either).

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:10 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Spiders larger than 2 1/2" are not massive; they are horror movie extras.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 5:46 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Ok, that is one hugeass spider. Should not have looked just before bed.

I'm seriously starting to reconsider leaving my aunt unsupervised in the house. I came home just a few minutes ago and every door in the house was wide open including the back door. It has been raining most of the day and it is damn cold so now my house is like an ice-box. Then a large part of me is thinking she is intentionally doing these things so I don't leave the house. I'm going to be having one serious conversation with her tomorrow morning.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 07, 2013 10:14 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

So a couple of months ago I received someone else's iherb order my mistake. I was expecting an order of my own which did arrive a few day later, so I accepted it from the post office assuming it was mine. I brought it home, opened it and nope, not my order - but the customer's name and address was on the invoice inside. I was completely stressed out by this, and not sure what to do. I just wanted it out of my apartment, it felt weird having someone else's personal things. I thought I should contact iherb, but I did not want to get some poor overworked, underpaid person in trouble, so I just eliminated all indication of my name and address from the box, put a note inside to say I had received this order by mistake without including my name and just paid myself to have it shipped express to the rightful owner.

Now my usual iherb order is late, and although this happens occasionally, I live in Canada and sometimes it's held up at customs - I'm having paranoid thoughts that iherb thinks I stole the other person's stuff and is punishing me by denying me my deva vitamins - oh geez. Anyway I'm sure my order will arrive eventually, but in the back of my mind- I have failed the iherb test and have been blacklisted.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:21 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I highly doubt you've been blacklisted from iherb. I recently had an order from iherb take three weeks longer than usual because of customs, and it surprised me because it was the first time that happened. I usually get my stuff from them within a week.

But also, you shouldn't worry about letting a company know they've made a mistake. Companies know that shiitake like this happens and have all sorts of protocols set up for how to correct the mistake. It's not that big a deal. They want their customer to be happy. I've worked at a bunch of companies that pride themselves on customer service and never once has an employee gotten in trouble for making a mistake like this (unless it happens repeatedly, in which case the employee may need retraining).

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:32 am 
Not NOT A Furry

More likely the person you sent the parcel on to has your order. Let's hope they are sweet enough to forward it on (and not evil enough to just keep it) but they may have already returned it to iherb. You should contact iherb and let them know it hasn't arrived.

vixki wrote:
When I was a kid I used to love all those "accidental time travel" books - the ones where you'd go to sleep and wake up in medieval times, or walk through some time travel portal to ancient Rome or something.

Did you ever read Charlotte Sometimes? I loved that book (even when I reb ought it and read it as an adult!) and it's even more cool because The Cure wrote a song about it a few years after I first read it!!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1551, 1552, 1553, 1554, 1555, 1556, 1557 ... 1858  Next