| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 9:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1552, 1553, 1554, 1555, 1556, 1557, 1558 ... 1851  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:48 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I think the thing I dislike about the local vegan FB group is that almost all of them are That Vegan. This guy just posted about his dilemma over whether to get non-organic Scottish tomatoes or organic Dutch tomatoes. In one of the comments, he implied that the Dutch tomatoes weren't even organic anymore because they'd been shipped with non-organic items. I couldn't help myself - I said that non-organic matter doesn't jump from plant to plant in transport like fleas.

I've decided that I'm finally gonna paint the corridor. But first I have to sand down the rough bits and leftover patches of wallpaper. I'm totally getting some raspberry tarts to reward myself when I'm done.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 8:35 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

rachell37 wrote:
I think the thing I dislike about the local vegan FB group is that almost all of them are That Vegan. This guy just posted about his dilemma over whether to get non-organic Scottish tomatoes or organic Dutch tomatoes. In one of the comments, he implied that the Dutch tomatoes weren't even organic anymore because they'd been shipped with non-organic items. I couldn't help myself - I said that non-organic matter doesn't jump from plant to plant in transport like fleas.

Ha! I've had a vegan tell me that you shouldn't wear animal prints. Or faux leather shoes or purses etc etc. So many constructions! Hardly makes veganism looks easy.

Perfect breakfast -everything bagel with mashed avocado, salt and hot sauce.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:56 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

A cousin on my dad's side is getting married next weekend. We don't really talk much nowadays because we have nothing in common, but we were really good friends as kids, see each other at family gatherings, and I invited him to my wedding a couple years ago. All of my dad's side of the family were invited, as far as I know, but we never got a paper invitation. A vague facebook invitation was sent out at some point, and we were on that, but I know from there that people also got paper invitations later on. I don't know if we're expected to go, or if they purposefully didn't invite us. I don't particularly want to go, but I don't want to not show up if they want us there. Weird situation.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 10:01 am 
***LIES!!!***

rachell37 wrote:

I've decided that I'm finally gonna paint the corridor. But first I have to sand down the rough bits and leftover patches of wallpaper. I'm totally getting some raspberry tarts to reward myself when I'm done.

You could always tell them that organics are definitely less vegan than non organics, because of the animal manure. Then you could flounce in style.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:38 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

first Sunday in forever that I have no plans. sun is shining, sky is mad blue. gonna be a huge day in the park, I think

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 11:42 am 
Inflexitarian

lepelaar wrote:
I highly doubt you've been blacklisted from iherb. I recently had an order from iherb take three weeks longer than usual because of customs, and it surprised me because it was the first time that happened. I usually get my stuff from them within a week.
rentaghost wrote:
More likely the person you sent the parcel on to has your order. Let's hope they are sweet enough to forward it on (and not evil enough to just keep it) but they may have already returned it to iherb. You should contact iherb and let them know it hasn't arrived

Thanks lepelaar and rentaghost, I'm pretty certain my parcel is just held up at customs, it's happened before. I always order my vitamins well in advance because of this. The purpose of my post was just to roll my eyes at myself and the ridiculousness of my thought process. :)

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 12:28 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I have spent the last six hours marking essays. I am feeling (mentally) exhausted but noble.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:07 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I did my first sale as a tea maker yesterday. It was okay. But I got my new sign and it made me so happy that I cried.
ANd now I am so tired from the stress of this last week that I am sitting on my living room floor doing nothing but PPK and playing with cardstock.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:22 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I've just been online to see if I can find my aunt elsewhere to live. After having a look at other accommodation..... I'm seriously undercharging her.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:45 pm 
Saggy Butt

daisychain wrote:
I've just been online to see if I can find my aunt elsewhere to live. After having a look at other accommodation..... I'm seriously undercharging her.

I hope this isn't rude to say, but I felt a physical sense of relief when I saw your post in pet peeves about ending this arrangement. Everything you've posted sounds like a complete and utter nightmare.

Good luck with everything. I hope you can find another place for her to live and that the money situation works out on your end as well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 3:59 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

I really should learn that being a do-gooder never works out well when it comes to my crazy family!!! Had a chat with my uncle in law last night about how manipulative she and my other aunt are. Going to nab her psychiatrist at work during the week and beg her to refer her to the social worker and occupational therapist. She is due to see her in a weeks time but I'm hoping to lay down the plans with her beforehand because I don't want to risk her sabotaging the appointment like she has with the past ones.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 4:02 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I put the first coat of paint on the corridor walls. It already looks so much better. I can't wait to get it all done!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 5:41 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

daisychain wrote:
I really should learn that being a do-gooder never works out well when it comes to my crazy family!!! Had a chat with my uncle in law last night about how manipulative she and my other aunt are. Going to nab her psychiatrist at work during the week and beg her to refer her to the social worker and occupational therapist. She is due to see her in a weeks time but I'm hoping to lay down the plans with her beforehand because I don't want to risk her sabotaging the appointment like she has with the past ones.

Okay, I was hesitating about posting this, but here goes. I agree with paperweight that the situation sounds dreadful, but... surely your aunt's relationship with her psychiatrist should be confidential and nothing to do with you? If you didn't work there you would have no contact, and it sounds a little bit manipulative to me. I get that you have her best interests at heart, and please forgive me if this is none of my business ( which it really isn't), but it just sounds a warning note with me.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:14 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i was just the only person at a free rooftop screening of the dark crystal. THE ONLY PERSON. as fun as it was to have my own private rooftop theater for a night, i am seriously disappointed in brooklyn right now.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:15 pm 
WRETCHED

acr wrote:
i was just the only person at a free rooftop screening of the dark crystal. THE ONLY PERSON. as fun as it was to have my own private rooftop theater for a night, i am seriously disappointed in brooklyn right now.

I would've totally gone.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:40 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i wish you could have been there! it would have been great to have a ppker around, because all i could think about was how great it would be as a mofo theme, because it's all about finding the shard (chard!) and then figuring out what to do with it once you've got it, and then there's aughra, which sounds so much like okra, and she has that awesome line about moldy mildew mother of mouthmuck, which is how a lot of people seem to feel about okra, and . . . man, it's just so good.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:43 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

wow, that's crazy! i never thought it was possible to be the only person at anything in new york! that's just nuts! that's awesome they still played the movie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:48 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I have an interview at Veggie Grill Tuesday! I have no cashier experience though (which they know) so I'm hoping being vegan will get me bonus points haha

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:54 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

jogirl wrote:
daisychain wrote:

Okay, I was hesitating about posting this, but here goes. I agree with paperweight that the situation sounds dreadful, but... surely your aunt's relationship with her psychiatrist should be confidential and nothing to do with you? If you didn't work there you would have no contact, and it sounds a little bit manipulative to me. I get that you have her best interests at heart, and please forgive me if this is none of my business ( which it really isn't), but it just sounds a warning note with me.

I completely agree.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 08, 2013 9:55 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

ijustdiedinside wrote:
wow, that's crazy! i never thought it was possible to be the only person at anything in new york! that's just nuts! that's awesome they still played the movie

i know! i can never believe it. the last time i went there for a movie night, it was lost highway, and it was just me and the (not terribly interested) friend i dragged along. i sort of know the bartender, but i guess they'd show the movie no matter what, because they have to be open anyway. apparently gowanuwood sunslope has the most exclusive bars on the east coast.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 1:11 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I've decided that to fulfill all my wants and dreams I need to become a singer in a country band. Problem is I have no idea how to even remotely make that happen.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 4:43 am 
Chard Martyr

Ughhh can't sleep. Been up since 12:30 and have to wane up in 45 min for work anyway. So annoying.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:08 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Mars wrote:
I've decided that to fulfill all my wants and dreams I need to become a singer in a country band. Problem is I have no idea how to even remotely make that happen.

Step one: Move to Nashville.

I'm not sure what step two is.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:14 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

creep wrote:
Mars wrote:

Step one: Move to Nashville.

I'm not sure what step two is.

Start/join a band called something along the lines of either the Soggy Bottom Boys or The Good Ol' Boys, or so popular culture tells me.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 09, 2013 7:19 am 
Impressive boner

It's Mr8's aunt's funeral today. I was meant to be going with him but now am not because I've made an appointment with the vet. I'd only met her once very briefly, but I have a feeling that my non-attendance is going to become a big thing with Mr8's parents, but in a very passive-aggressive way.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1552, 1553, 1554, 1555, 1556, 1557, 1558 ... 1851  Next