| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 03, 2014 12:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1554, 1555, 1556, 1557, 1558, 1559, 1560 ... 1851  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 1:32 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

"America is not the world's policeman. Terrible things happen across the globe. But when we can stop children from being gassed to death, I believe we should act."

ahhahaha forking wow. THAT is how you drum up support to "do the right thing"?

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:00 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Our neighbors let their cats outside, despite the fact that we live in the woods and have coyotes cutting through our yards pretty regularly (and other smaller cat-unfriendly animals like raccoons). My husband warned them when they moved in and we've tried a few times to kindly suggest that this isn't really a place for outdoor cats, but I guess they feel otherwise. Well, last weekend a coyote killed one of their cats. It was awful. Really sad. But the remaining cat was still outside after it happened. And now today I just heard him fighting with something and yowling and I'm worried. Argh.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:33 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

got super awesome shoes i wanted for a third of the price i was going to pay!! YAY
got home and realized they had left the security thing on one. BOO
then realized they were both left shoes. DOUBLE BOO
then called them and they have already set aside the right shoes. YAY.
Yay! Boo! Ha, hysterical! FML!
My life is like the book "Fortunately, Unfortunately."

Also, i no longer like dunkin donuts iced black coffee. yay and boo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 5:33 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

got super awesome shoes i wanted for a third of the price i was going to pay!! YAY
got home and realized they had left the security thing on one. BOO
then realized they were both left shoes. DOUBLE BOO
then called them and they have already set aside the right shoes. YAY.
Yay! Boo! Ha, hysterical! FML!
My life is like the book "Fortunately, Unfortunately."

Also, i no longer like dunkin donuts iced black coffee. yay and boo.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:38 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I made myself a proper dinner for the first time in weeks, and I'm not hungry. Oh well...leftovers?

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 6:45 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I also got awesome shoes through a friend who works at the store on sale and with the additional employee discount. Yay!

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:01 pm 
Inflexitarian

Pinko wrote:
Our neighbors let their cats outside, despite the fact that we live in the woods and have coyotes cutting through our yards pretty regularly (and other smaller cat-unfriendly animals like raccoons). My husband warned them when they moved in and we've tried a few times to kindly suggest that this isn't really a place for outdoor cats, but I guess they feel otherwise. Well, last weekend a coyote killed one of their cats. It was awful. Really sad. But the remaining cat was still outside after it happened. And now today I just heard him fighting with something and yowling and I'm worried. Argh.

Oh my goodness! This is terrible Pinko. We have the same problem in my neck of the woods - coyotes and cougars that kill pets, yet people still let their pets outside to be killed. It's so infuriating. That must be just awful for you and the kitties of course. So sad.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 9:12 pm 
Semen Strong

I am so sorry Pinko. Carlito, our black cat got out and was attacked by our neighbor's dogs and it is just so awful to see how much he is suffering. I can't even imagine putting a cat into that kind of danger on purpose.

My BIL lives in an area like that, and something attacked his cat, who then spend 5 days dying under their porch. They were complaining how horrible it was, but they of course didn't think to take the cat to the vet. I don't want to sound judgemental, but they could have at least taken her in to be euthanized for $80, but instead they always say they can't afford vet bills, while living a pretty comfortable middle class life.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 11, 2013 10:03 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I just messed things up with a friend. I am trying to stay neutral with a situation she is in and it is making her anxious.
And I feel just awful about it.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 6:47 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I somehow screwed up my computer display...maybe some super smart mac person can tell me how to fix it? I was watching stuff on amazon prime and Siverlight kept popping up and asking me something about watching in full screen even when interacting with another window? Maybe that's what it said? I clicked no at first, but then it wouldn't let me go into full screen unless I clicked yes, so I clicked yes. Well now what I'm interacting with Safari, the top bit of my screen, where it used to show the time, batter power, wireless strength, program name, etc, is missing and my dock, which I keep hidden, doesn't pop up when I put my cursor down there. If I click at the bit where the clock, etc, used to be, they come back, but I can't interact with Safari. Click on my Safari window, the other stuff disappears again. Mainly annoyed because I like to look at the time while I'm internetting to make sure I'm not late for things.

So I go into Silverlight and deny that permission I gave it, but that didn't help. Any other ideas?

Also, I had the worst sleep/dreams last night after watching Fringe and then reading Madaddamn before going to sleep. Like, panic upon waking up level dreams. And I just have this feeling of dread. I wish my anxiety would just GO AWAY.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:36 am 
WRETCHED

AP - It looks like you may still be in full screen mode? In Safari, on the top right, do you see 2 arrows that are blue? If you click on those 2 arrows, it should fix you I think.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:26 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I have two grey arrows, clicking them put me into full screen mode. I can see my desktop behind my Safari window, so I don't think I'm in full screen. I can't even do any Safari options, because when I do the click at the top, which brings back all the info, it's Finder that's the running program. So annoying.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:29 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

On a stroke of genius (not really), I quit Safari and re-opened it, and that fixed whatever the problem was. Awesome, except I lost all my tabs.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 12:39 pm 
Built this city on rock and roll

joshua wrote:
"America is not the world's policeman. Terrible things happen across the globe. But when we can stop children from being gassed to death, I believe we should act."

ahhahaha forking wow. THAT is how you drum up support to "do the right thing"?

Thank you. I almost dropped my lunch when I heard that on the radio.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:40 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I hate msn for running a "Vegans protest Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes" story. Hate.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 3:49 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

what was that all about? is there a hidden milk product or something? i'm pretty sure there are a lot more things happening in the world right now that could be given some article space, msn.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:00 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

All I know is I just found a recipe for pumpkin syrup and will be applying it liberally to coffee cake this weekend.

They use hot button issues like veganism to distract from things like war all the time.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:14 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

ijustdiedinside wrote:
what was that all about? is there a hidden milk product or something? i'm pretty sure there are a lot more things happening in the world right now that could be given some article space, msn.

The sauce is made with dairy. The bottle is extremely well-labelled though, so it's not hidden. It says "Contains milk." or maybe it says dairy, but right across the top. Most baristas know this and advise customers who order both soy and no whip that there's dairy in the sauce.

ETA: Totally not worth the article space. Especially when it makes vegans look totally insane.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:32 pm 
Semen Strong

Fee wrote:
I hate msn for running a "Vegans protest Starbucks pumpkin spice lattes" story. Hate.

Does MSN not know that anyone can start a Change.org petition? There are probably way worse petitions out there, but anything involving vegans seems to trigger the comment trolls.
http://www.foxnews.com/leisure/2013/09/ ... latte-mix/

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:44 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Fee wrote:

I almost posted about the stupid change.org campaign in the pet peeves thread. I get that people like the drink, but quit promoting such a ridiculous non-problem through what is supposed to be a serious medium.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 4:46 pm 

ijustdiedinside wrote:

Literally just a petition with 1800 signatures to get them to change the base to not contain milk. And of course a million angry comments about vegans forcing corporations to change stuff to suit our needs.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 5:01 pm 
Semen Strong

Its also really annoying because the petition just asks for a vegan pumpkin latte option, and Starbucks says "well have this delicious VIA instant pumpkin coffee instead!" Its not the same thing! And since when is it offensive to ask anyone to just offer an option?

My pet peeve after reading this article are the trolls who say things like "I love cooking for my vegan friends. I add chicken stock and they never even know!"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 7:11 pm 

That's what pissed me off about it - first, vegans asking for options isn't a news story. And second, there's no protest. It's a pretty small petition asking for something. Not a lawsuit, not a demand or threat, it's a collective request. And this just in, Starbucks offers like eleventy billion drinks with eleventy billion add ins and substitutions and variations. No ones asking the KFC to make tacos, calm down.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:29 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

it's pretty dumb that that's an article, but it's also pretty dumb to make a change.org petition for it. then again, i am not a starbucks person and i've never had a pumpkin latte, so maybe i'd change my tune if I tried one.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 12, 2013 8:37 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

ijustdiedinside wrote:
it's pretty dumb that that's an article, but it's also pretty dumb to make a change.org petition for it. then again, i am not a starbucks person and i've never had a pumpkin latte, so maybe i'd change my tune if I tried one.

They're really good. I had my first (and last) just before going vegan and I'm still sad that I didn't use all my pre-vegan times to drink pumpkin spice lattes.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46264 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1554, 1555, 1556, 1557, 1558, 1559, 1560 ... 1851  Next