| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Sep 22, 2014 1:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1558, 1559, 1560, 1561, 1562, 1563, 1564 ... 1861  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 4:09 pm 
Impressive boner

It's been a busy day, cleaning, practicing and preparing for the week ahead (Album recording! Woo!). I've done so much and I feel under prepared, but then I always do with projects like this.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:42 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

choirqueer wrote:
linanil wrote:
I put creepy baby photo in spoiler
Spoiler: show

My husband doesn't think it is real, possibly something drawn on for a photo shoot. She basically reposts everything from some mom page on facebook.

Tofulish wrote:
Holy crepe.

Comments under the spoiler in case they are upsetting.
Spoiler: show
That looks really realistic, and particularly creepy because the baby looks kind of dead to me. It freaked me out! I think that would be a major bonerkiller

Hey...that's somebody's body, you know? You don't have to like the tattoo, but I don't think it's right to dis on people's bodies that way, any more so than it would be to comment on a person's body because they're fat or short or hairy. Especially someone who's clearly posing for a photograph in a vulnerable way and probably didn't intend for their photo to get posted around the internet by strangers criticizing their personal choice about what to do with their body. It just doesn't seem right to me.

Given that a professional photographer took the picture and posted it on Flickr, it's unlikely that the intention was to keep it private.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:18 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Rando, question that I don't feel like starting a thread for: Should I get Vegan for Life or am I OK with just Vegan for Her? Should I suck it up and get both?

I started reading a sample of Vegan for Her, and it looks brilliant (obvi), but I don't know if I'm jumping ahead if I don't start with Vegan for Life.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:39 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I am craving fresh olive baguette dipped in olive oil. Alas this won't be happening any time soon.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:30 am 
Semen Strong

Why do people just read the first few words of an email or post before responding? If you read the whole thing, you'd know what I am asking? I have to keep remembering to put what I want in the first 5 words, because people don't properly read past that.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:41 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

hah! I know what you mean...On Friday I got a really rude/nasty reply email from a client that confused me because I addressed half the stuff in my original email. Then a few hours later I got another email from her saying essentially "oops, I didn't read your email until just now, so I see you actually already told me X/Y/Z" So annoying.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:14 pm 
Inflexitarian

New housemate is very friendly and cool. But since she moved in, the house internet usage has passed the bandwidth limit for the first time ever and also the wifi has become almost completely unusable. Is there a nice way to ask "What the fork are you doing? Stop it."

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 12:59 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

Tofulish wrote:
Why do people just read the first few words of an email or post before responding? If you read the whole thing, you'd know what I am asking? I have to keep remembering to put what I want in the first 5 words, because people don't properly read past that.

Yes, I struggle with this at work on a daily basis! Half the time I think people just ignore my emails entirely, but that's a separate issue I guess.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:36 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

ndpittman wrote:
Rando, question that I don't feel like starting a thread for: Should I get Vegan for Life or am I OK with just Vegan for Her? Should I suck it up and get both?

I started reading a sample of Vegan for Her, and it looks brilliant (obvi), but I don't know if I'm jumping ahead if I don't start with Vegan for Life.

You don't need both.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 2:42 pm 
Semen Strong

ashley wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Yes, I struggle with this at work on a daily basis! Half the time I think people just ignore my emails entirely, but that's a separate issue I guess.

I felt that all the time at work! In part because we had to cc so many people on everything. So I would put a received and a read receipt on all my emails, and our program notified you if someone deletes it without reading, so that was helpful for at least knowing who had bothered to read and who hadn't.

Put down Candy Crush and read your emails!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 3:15 pm 
Inflexitarian

I get so many e-mails at school that are just sent to everyone in the department. I delete a lot of those without reading them because they usually have nothing to do with me and are neither interesting nor important.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:00 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

I send out a lot of policy/procedural updates as part of my job, so it's always really easy for me to tell who is reading shiitake and who isn't. My favorite is when people within my office claim they never received an email. bullshiitake you didn't.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:39 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:

Don't know, but I am pretty sure sometimes that there is a conspiracy at work to ignore all of my emails and then pretend I haven't tried to communicate.

In an apparent attempt to get kicked out of a Facebook group today, I responded to a post saying that there was no way in hell that the rec dept in our town was discriminating on the basis of religion in telling someone's kid not to wear their cross pendant during sports practice and then responded to another post saying I didn't see what the hubbub was about first graders being given an anatomy lesson to learn the names of reproductive organs that my two year old knows and that is part of the content standards of our state for that grade level.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 5:02 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Tea wrote:
New housemate is very friendly and cool. But since she moved in, the house internet usage has passed the bandwidth limit for the first time ever and also the wifi has become almost completely unusable. Is there a nice way to ask "What the fork are you doing? Stop it."

"Hey, I'm curious, the internet's been really bad lately, and I'm wondering if it's something with [Comcast] or maybe you're using it in a way we've never done before?"

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:22 pm 
Hip Goiter

Mars wrote:
Tea wrote:

"Hey, I'm curious, the internet's been really bad lately, and I'm wondering if it's something with [Comcast] or maybe you're using it in a way we've never done before?"

OR, alternatively,

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:36 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Yep, it's official, my life is far too flipping interesting. I want a damn boring life and I fully intend on getting it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 7:45 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

daisychain wrote:
Yep, it's official, my life is far too flipping interesting. I want a damn boring life and I fully intend on getting it!

I highly recommend it. I have a terribly boring life, or I imagine it appears that way to others, and I love it!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 15, 2013 9:24 pm 
***LIES!!!***

]
choirqueer wrote:

Well, the difference is that it's not just art, it's someone's body. It's a personal choice that person made about how they want to present their body. Tattoos are really personal to people -- like, that could be an image that represents the person's child who died, something like that that's deeply personal to the person, you know? I doubt someone would just be like "I think I'm gonna get a baby drawn on my boobs today, sounds like fun." Most likely this is a deeply personal image that this person wanted on their body in a very intimate sort of way, and even if it's not...it's still that person's own personal body and it just seems disrespectful to me to re-post a stranger's nude photo on a website they may or may not ever see (hell, that person could be a PPKer, this is a public space, right?), without their consent, and make disparaging comments about it.

(I realize I'm coming on pretty strong here so I just want to clarify -- I feel pretty strongly about this, but I'm not trying to come off as angry or accusatory, I think you're great people and I respect you enough to call it like I see it!)

I totally cannot figure out why an obviously publicly disseminated image of an art project can't be critiqued. I cannot find anywhere in this thread where anybody said anything that was shaming of this woman's body. On the contrary, every comment was about the "art." If you put art on your body and send it out in the world, I fail to understand why that is safe from critique when art hanging on a gallery wall is not. Even positive comments are critique. Basically what you're saying is nobody can say anything about this at all. Aright, then don't put it on the flipping Internet in a totally public way!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 8:28 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

A friend of mine from high school had a baby a couple of months ago. Every time she posts something about him on Facebook, she calls him Mr. Baby. I love it so much I can't stand it. I don't even know what his real name is.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 9:12 am 
Dead by dawn

Generally speaking, biker boy is a lot better at solving spatial problems than I am. "Will it fit?" and "How can we maximize this space?" are his questions to answer and I defer to him on, say, how our storage locker should be organized. So why, oh why, is he so bad at loading a dishwasher?!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:02 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Tea wrote:

My solution when living with other people has always been to just have separate internet - at the moment, my flatmate has a plug-in wireless internet thing that doesn't need to be attached to a phone line, and I use a dongle plugged into my laptop, and we each pay our internet bill separately.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 10:26 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Woooohooooo!!!! Aunt finally agreed to the social worker at the appointment today so I'm going to have my house back to myself in the next few weeks!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:49 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I've gotten re-addicted to The Sims. I'm like really invested in Bella Goth's life and career.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:01 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

daisychain wrote:
Woooohooooo!!!! Aunt finally agreed to the social worker at the appointment today so I'm going to have my house back to myself in the next few weeks!

That is great news - I know the whole situation has been adding to your stress levels recently!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 16, 2013 2:22 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

You guyyyyyyyys:

MRS. JFDKSLFE wrote:
I just swam. In the ocean. With my husband. Wow! (ps. It's highly likely I will over document this honeymoon. If you don't love me/C, you might wanna hide me for a week!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46506 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1558, 1559, 1560, 1561, 1562, 1563, 1564 ... 1861  Next