| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 2:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1563, 1564, 1565, 1566, 1567, 1568, 1569 ... 1899  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 12:10 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

interrobang?! wrote:
dropscone wrote:
Really? I know I only met you for a little while but you seemed perfectly intelligible to me! I'm not saying accents aren't difficult sometimes, but also some people aren't very good at listening.

I must've been on my best accent behaviour ;) Swear to scrod, the funniest thing I have ever witnessed was when I was at Rachel's flat with Randi and I said something (cannae mind what!) while we were eating waffles and she did a forking triple-take in a 'in the ever-loving-fuck, what letters just fell out of your gob?!' manner. Haha. It's kinda pure funny when it's brief and Americans, but jeez I just feel crappit in the longer term.

I totally don't remember that. Are you sure it wasn't just because you said you'd never eaten waffles before?

We were both off Friday and spent the past 2 days cleaning (and cooking, for me) because we had friends over last night. So I also had to be social yesterday. I'm so tired today. I managed to get some stuff done, but I can barely drag myself off the sofa now, I'm so exhausted. Also, I can never seem to make fudge sauce that's properly fudgy. The stuff I just made is runny, and it hasn't thickened on cooling. I really want to finish this project I'm working on, but I don't know if I can bring myself to try again with this fudge sauce.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 6:45 pm 
Hip Goiter

interrobang?! wrote:
dropscone wrote:
Really? I know I only met you for a little while but you seemed perfectly intelligible to me! I'm not saying accents aren't difficult sometimes, but also some people aren't very good at listening.

I must've been on my best accent behaviour ;) Swear to scrod, the funniest thing I have ever witnessed was when I was at Rachel's flat with Randi and I said something (cannae mind what!) while we were eating waffles and she did a forking triple-take in a 'in the ever-loving-fuck, what letters just fell out of your gob?!' manner. Haha. It's kinda pure funny when it's brief and Americans, but jeez I just feel crappit in the longer term.

Hahah I remember that! It was amazing! I hope it didn't make you feel crappit, because that looks like it means crepe, and it's just a language & cultural barrier, nothing more! We are supposed to learn from each other! I love that you guys teach me new words that help me fit in over there! I mean, my boyfriend's English friends finally accepted me only when I said 'bellend'. Thanks to Sal for that one :)

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Sep 22, 2013 10:13 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Why is Trivial Pursuit Book Lover's Edition so terrible? And furthermore, why do I keep playing it?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 2:55 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

pms means sitting naked in front of your laptop crying aggressively over the x-files while simultaneously working on art because every waking moment must be spent working.

this is my life, these are my choices.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 3:19 am 
Ninja Master

RandiJM wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
dropscone wrote:

Hahah I remember that! It was amazing! I hope it didn't make you feel crappit, because that looks like it means crepe, and it's just a language & cultural barrier, nothing more! We are supposed to learn from each other! I love that you guys teach me new words that help me fit in over there! I mean, my boyfriend's English friends finally accepted me only when I said 'bellend'. Thanks to Sal for that one :)

<3

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 4:55 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

I might or might not have bought a Tetris lamp you can assemble yourself in any combination.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 5:25 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I just listened to Coleen Patrick-Goudreau reading A Dog's Tale by Mark Twain on the Food for Thought podcast before heading out to the high street to pick up some stuff, and now I'm having to wait to go because I'm all sad and teary. It's such a good story though.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 6:29 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Anek wrote:
I might or might not have bought a Tetris lamp you can assemble yourself in any combination.

I want one of these!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:02 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Wilson and I are gearing up for a riveting day at the USCIS and Social Security offices. Don't be too jealous. ;)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:06 am 
Seagull of the PPK

jeebus. good luck! social security has always been relatively easy, but USCIS makes me very, very afraid....

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 8:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

NDP, your posts have made me so glad that I have no intention of moving back to the US. UK immigration bullshiitake is enough for me. US stuff sounds horrific.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I keep almost clicking on the Breaking Bad and Dexter threads, but I haven't downloaded last night's episodes yet. The Internet is a dangerous place right now.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:11 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

creep wrote:
I keep almost clicking on the Breaking Bad and Dexter threads, but I haven't downloaded last night's episodes yet. The Internet is a dangerous place right now.

THIS! And not just the internet. My office. In a little while people are going to start rushing in to try to spoil me. I really wanted to watch last night, but the sites I download from were not cooperating. Damn it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:16 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

At least I'm not at work. You should probably just wear headphones all day.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:22 am 
WELFARIST!

See, I watched it, but am hazy on the details so I want to know more! I'm going to have to watch it again tonight. It's just not fair that they put it at the end of football day...the odds of my dude and I paying attention and remembering all the details are against us. Oh well, that's why they invented DVR, I suppose. (Or at least...one of the reasons.)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:28 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I have an unintentional day off again, and I'd actually like to get out and do some shopping and maybe even go see a matinee, but I have this problem where I feel like I can't do anything alone. Be more independent, self!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 10:29 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I might close my door and put up a notice telling people this is a spoiler-free zone. I'm not forking around. I do not want to know what happened.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:20 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Ugh it's 9 am and I pretty much had to force myself awake, and I'm still in bed, I don't wanna get up! It's been like this since basement timez. I think I'm going searching right now for a daylight alarm clock.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 11:54 am 

torque wrote:
jeebus. good luck! social security has always been relatively easy, but USCIS makes me very, very afraid....

rachell37 wrote:
NDP, your posts have made me so glad that I have no intention of moving back to the US. UK immigration bullshiitake is enough for me. US stuff sounds horrific.

It was actually OK and only took a few minutes at USCIS. I didn't think we had Wilson's A-number, but turns out it was just on his visa (I thought it should be, but didn't see it). Apparently, they no longer have the letter A in front of them and are listed only as 'Registration number'. So an easy fix, but I still feel a little incompetent.

Social Security was more frustrating, because even though we checked the box on the D-230 to apply for a social security card at the same time, apparently "That's immigration; this is social security." So Wilson had to reapply. It wouldn't be a big deal, but the chef was confused and thought Wilson could begin work with his visa (which is technically true?), but he can't get paid until he has a social security number, so this means he'll have about 5 weeks of work in before he gets paid. Needless to say, he is not a happy camper.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:02 pm 

creep wrote:
I have an unintentional day off again, and I'd actually like to get out and do some shopping and maybe even go see a matinee, but I have this problem where I feel like I can't do anything alone. Be more independent, self!

It took me a while to be able to see a movie by myself (and I do a lot of things by myself), and so far I've only done it once. That being said, it was one of the most lovely afternoons I have had. It helps that the movie was so special to me and that it was nearly sold out when I happened in (I was walking past the theater and saw the movie start was soon, so I checked to see if there were tickets). It was a small theater, and they were showing Paris, j'taime.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:07 pm 
Dead by dawn

I have only seen two movies by myself even though it should be an easy thing to do. Quite coincidently they have both been about people who have spent stretches of time alone: Castaway and 127 Hours. I should do it more often.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 12:16 pm 

monkeytoes wrote:
I have only seen two movies by myself even though it should be an easy thing to do. Quite coincidently they have both been about people who have spent stretches of time alone: Castaway and 127 Hours. I should do it more often.

Not sure if you've seen Paris j'taime, but it's made up of many different stories. The one that stuck with me the most was an American lady who takes French language classes and then goes to Paris by herself. The whole vignette is narrated in this stilted school girl French, and it gives me chills just thinking about it. There's something about the way that she comments on how she's sad that she's alone, but that life is really beautiful. I don't know. It's always stuck with me. Maybe similar to what you're saying (although altogether more positive stretch of time spent alone and not really alone so to say).

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:19 pm 
WELFARIST!

I made pickles a month ago and have eagerly been looking forward to today, the day I get to try them. They're just ok :/

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:25 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

ndpittman wrote:
creep wrote:

It took me a while to be able to see a movie by myself (and I do a lot of things by myself), and so far I've only done it once. That being said, it was one of the most lovely afternoons I have had. It helps that the movie was so special to me and that it was nearly sold out when I happened in (I was walking past the theater and saw the movie start was soon, so I checked to see if there were tickets). It was a small theater, and they were showing Paris, j'taime.

I used to go to things by myself a lot before I met Eppy's Dungeon Master. I would go to concerts, movies, whatever. I have really fond memories of those times. Going to the movies alone can be really nice, especially for more serious movies. Sometimes I kind of want to go to the movies alone, but I end up being too lazy to leave the house.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 23, 2013 1:36 pm 
Saggy Butt

ndpittman wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

Not sure if you've seen Paris j'taime, but it's made up of many different stories. The one that stuck with me the most was an American lady who takes French language classes and then goes to Paris by herself. The whole vignette is narrated in this stilted school girl French, and it gives me chills just thinking about it. There's something about the way that she comments on how she's sad that she's alone, but that life is really beautiful. I don't know. It's always stuck with me. Maybe similar to what you're saying (although altogether more positive stretch of time spent alone and not really alone so to say).

I'm definitely going to rent this movie, it sounds great!

I haven't gone to too many movies by myself, but I'm not really much of a movie person. I remember going to see Mamma Mia! by myself freshman year of college, and someone asked who I was going with, and I said myself. I think people perceive that alone=bad, but as a friend once told me (and which I do believe), it's important to feel comfortable being alone with yourself.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47473 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1563, 1564, 1565, 1566, 1567, 1568, 1569 ... 1899  Next