| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 1:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1572, 1573, 1574, 1575, 1576, 1577, 1578 ... 1851  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:11 am 
Seagull of the PPK

and since we're being gross, the thread mentioned before about ear irrigations, while it does produce some nuggets of awesomely disgusting proportions (i've had to do it about a dozen times, and there's often blood involved, which maybe colors my disdain), does it not hurt like hell for everyone else????

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:11 am 
Seagull of the PPK

and since we're being gross, the thread mentioned before about ear irrigations, while it does produce some nuggets of awesomely disgusting proportions (i've had to do it about a dozen times, and there's often blood involved, which maybe colors my disdain), does it not hurt like hell for everyone else????

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:46 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Nope, it has only hurt when the skin in there was particularly raw from eczema, but usually my doctor sends me home with drops to heal the skin before doing the irrigation. I've never had blood either. Just lots of water and chunks of waxy/flaky goodness flowing out.

It alarms me on your behalf that ear irrigation has been painful and bloody for you, Torque! What are they doing in there to produce such unpleasantness.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 11:27 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Moon wrote:
interrobang?! wrote:
Gulliver wrote:
In American English, it's a rutabaga, I think. Very big turnip.

It's a contentious issue

Funny because I saw your first reply and I said (our loud, to no one) "NO, It's NOT THE SAME".

I read the above right after the conversation about RC's ear-find and thought "wow, an ear rutabaga!"

Here is my earwax story. Its gross so I hope I did the spoiler tag thing right.

Spoiler: show
Earlier in the year I was at an Angel's game when I swore a bug flew into my ear. It was awful. There was buzzing and it was gross and I tried to flush my ear at the hotel, nothing happened. By the next morning the buzzing was gone and life went on. Awhile later I am cleaning out my ear and noticed legs were coming out on the qtip. Ewww. I excitedly tried to show my husband but he would have none of it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 12:17 pm 
***LIES!!!***

torque wrote:

Yes, the first time was crazy painful. Since then it hasn't hurt, but my doc always braces herself because it does hurt a lot of people.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:13 pm 
Nailed to the V

Tell me if this is rude social behavior or if I'm being overly sensitive.

So, say you're with a group of people, everyone knows everyone. All friends. Everyone talking and having a good time. And a couple of them start talking about making plans to go someplace, to the mountains or the beach for the weekend or someplace special. Not girlfriend/boyfriend, just two single women. You are not included in the fun weekend but they're talking about the upcoming event in front of you and everyone else. Making plans and talking about how much fun the two of them are going to have while the rest of the group just sits there and listens to them excluding everyone else.

I think it's rude.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 2:33 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yeah, it's fine for two friends to make special plans that don't include their entire social circle, but it's not very nice to yap about how much fun you're going to have in front of all the people who aren't going to be there.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 3:24 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Ariann wrote:
torque wrote:

Yes, the first time was crazy painful. Since then it hasn't hurt, but my doc always braces herself because it does hurt a lot of people.

I've had my ears irrigated 3 or 4 times and the last time the nurse told me that if it hurt at all I needed to tell her right away since pain could mean something bad. It did sting quite a bit at times but mostly it felt really weird.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:11 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

A few days ago, I found a ceramic bread box type thing in the woods across the street. I almost walked by without opening it, because what if it contained another cow tongue? But then I started worrying that maybe someone had put a kitten inside, because people do shitty stuff like that. So I got a long stick and carefully lifted the lid, and it was filled with rotten apples. So weird! Today when I walked Tegan, the bread box was gone! Someone had dumped out the disgusting, half-liquified apples and taken the box. Who would be that desperate for a ceramic bread box?

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 7:49 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

j-dub wrote:
This is the grossest thread right now.

I know!

i'm scared to click on it anymore.I just barely skim the posts to see if they're safe to read...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 29, 2013 8:18 pm 
***LIES!!!***

kilgore trout wrote:
Ariann wrote:
torque wrote:

I've had my ears irrigated 3 or 4 times and the last time the nurse told me that if it hurt at all I needed to tell her right away since pain could mean something bad. It did sting quite a bit at times but mostly it felt really weird.

I think if the wax is tangled up in ear hair it's gonna hurt, because you will have hair pulled out at the same time.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:03 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Grandma died around 5:30pm PST. Mom and I just talked for about an hour about it, and everything which led up to it, and how her death (like, the afternoon transition out of life and into actual, 100% dead-as-dead death) happened in a really beautiful way. Mom was there at the end, laughing a bit with a nurse, and then kissing her on the cheek and giving her a little love. She died as soon as mom finished saying the 4 sentences she'd wanted to. Mom was initially sad my sister couldn't be there, but I said "You know, you would have worried about her, and all of the details, and everything else. I'm happy it was just you and you could be present with grandma til the end", and mom said "You're right, I would have worried about everything, so the way it happened was actually, perfect". .....It's been a long process, as some of you know. I am happy that process is over for a lot of reasons, even if it means I don't get any more quality time with grandma (just, quality time with memories of grandma, and the home movies she let me record 2 years ago). Still feeling a bit weepy. I am happy there is sunshine today, and that my prof's will not mind if I disappear into it and the woods.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:07 am 
Nailed to the V

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
A few days ago, I found a ceramic bread box type thing in the woods across the street. I almost walked by without opening it, because what if it contained another cow tongue? But then I started worrying that maybe someone had put a kitten inside, because people do shitty stuff like that. So I got a long stick and carefully lifted the lid, and it was filled with rotten apples. So weird! Today when I walked Tegan, the bread box was gone! Someone had dumped out the disgusting, half-liquified apples and taken the box. Who would be that desperate for a ceramic bread box?

perhaps someone thought that was a way to make apple cider?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:09 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Oh, lutin. I'm sorry.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 12:55 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Lutin, I am so sorry for your loss.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 1:37 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Lauren Hill's Ex-Factor just popped up on my spotify and dude. This song is forking sad. And takes me back to high school like something fierce.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 3:20 am 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Oh lutin, I'm so sorry. (((hugs)))

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 4:01 am 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

raspberrycomplaint wrote:

I probably would do that, especially if it was a nice bread box.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:01 am 
Seagull of the PPK

Oh Lutin, I'm sorry about your Gram. I'm glad that the end (and your Mom!) came without the dramatics or pain you were dreading, and she passed peacefully. I know how concerned you were about her suffering any more.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:14 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Thinking of you, Lutin! Even if the brain realizes something might be for the best, our hearts grieve. Much love and big hugs.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:03 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

Lutin....sending lots of hugs from across the world. Take care.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:10 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

So sorry for your loss, lutin. Enjoy the sunshine and the woods, they can be very healing.

I ended up having a pretty amazing day yesterday. I had had a fight with T the night before, so I was in a terrible mood...but I poured it into making art at the workshop and ended up with something I'm really excited about. It's sad to me that I don't seem to be able to be both happy and able to make art at the same time...I have to be feeling rather miserable. But at least that's a way to cope with the emotions. Anyway, I'm glad that I was able to walk away from the workshop with a positive attitude and ended up staying and talking to the artist for almost an hour after everyone left. Feeling a lot better about life today.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:20 am 

From the Guardian:

David de Gea 'trained poorly' and 'ate too many tacos', says coach
(http://www.theguardian.com/football/201 ... ter-united)

Maybe he was on a Taco Cleanse?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 8:57 am 

Lutin, I also sorry for you and your family's loss, but how wonderful that your grandma was very much loved in her last moments alive.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:59 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Mar has been sick with kidney disease since June. He has been going to the vet every 2 to 3 weeks - sometimes twice a week...Last week it was a bladder infection and new meds. I took out a credit card to help with the costs...

My mom and dad both know how much I worry. My mom wants to give me $ to buy blinds for our house. She keeps nagging me about forking blinds. Like the blinds will transform my worry and stress into pots of gold with rainbows...
My forking dad gambles $$$$$$$ and is like 'do you need help with the vet', well, forking yes I do. However if I ask him, he brings up the fact he helps me enough. Why ask me???

My parents complain that they do not spend enough time with me - especially my dad. He picks me up yesterday, we go to my mom's, he leaves me to go talk to my step dad and does not say a word to me. While I am talking to my mom she brings the forking blinds up again. I had to leave because besides have a million things to do, like going to the doctor with my boyfriend and buying food I needed to wash all of our blankets because Mar urinated on them...I told them I needed/wanted to walk the few blocks to the laundry mat - I needed to be away from them...from everyone for 5 minutes.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46257 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1572, 1573, 1574, 1575, 1576, 1577, 1578 ... 1851  Next