| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 1:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1574, 1575, 1576, 1577, 1578, 1579, 1580 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:04 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I think someone wants to date me and I'm forking terrified.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:06 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

fisticuffs wrote:
I think someone wants to date me and I'm forking terrified.

Are you interested in the person?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:08 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I think he would be an awesome person to get to know and have as a partner. But I was planning on being single for a good long while longer. I broke up with my bf of nine years last january.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:23 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I thought you had, fisticuffs. I don't know what I'd do in your situation (though I'll be finding out). I can't help thinking there's no harm in hanging out with the person though. You have to be kind and gentle with yourself too though. (Which I'm sure you know...) Big hugs and happy vibes!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:38 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

fisticuffs, I had been planning on being single for a long time when I started seeing my current boyfriend. Sometimes these things just happen (for the best!) and you can't go along with your plans. It couldn't hurt to hang out, like NDP said. Although if you're truly not ready to be in a relationship, make sure you're honest with yourself and him.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:27 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

If you think this person is worth getting to know better and would make a great partner why not see where it goes? It would be a shame to be left wondering, especially if when you are ready you think you might find yourself comparing potential dates to this guy.

I'm another bedtime procrastinator, I don't know what it is about going to bed but no matter how tired I am I mostly struggle to get myself there. I spent all last year getting up really early but my body never adjusted to going to bed earlier.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 6:31 am 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

8ball wrote:
It's throwing it down outside. I don't want to leave my nice warm house to go out in it.

ditto right here. I don't want winter yet!!!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:19 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I don't know why, but I just jumped into an argument about the shutdown. My brother was getting piled on by my cousins friends (someone actually called the Affordable Care Act "NoBamacare"), so I added something to it. I just couldn't help myself.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:31 am 
WRETCHED

I landed on the conservative radio station this morning and they were complaining that the USDA website was down but that the pages for signing up for medical care were up. Really? Who has ever looked at the USDA website? Websites need to be maintained and I guess they figure if they shut the website down, they wouldn't need to have someone on call to keep it up. And as for the medical care website, it has been inundated with people. Heaven forbid people want to sign up for medical coverage or at least price it out.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:19 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am having a tough time of it right now. But it seems so trivial, and selfish.

I am trying to get the business (tea making ) to be self-sustaining at the very least. It just is not going anywhere. So I partnered with a friend to make crafts and use the money I made from that to sustain the tea business. She makes money, I am losing money. I feel like the craft side is hers and I am just spinning wheels.

And I am not really leaving the house much, which is so not good for me.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 10:55 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

allularpunk wrote:
fisticuffs, I had been planning on being single for a long time when I started seeing my current boyfriend. Sometimes these things just happen (for the best!) and you can't go along with your plans. It couldn't hurt to hang out, like NDP said. Although if you're truly not ready to be in a relationship, make sure you're honest with yourself and him.

Truth. I met my husband when I finally was comfortable with the idea of "being alone" and in fact, relished the idea. Sometimes things just happen despite your plans, and if they feel right, go with it. I agree with AP and NDP - hang out with no preconceived constructs of what the relationship will become, and if you are not feeling it, you aren't feeling it and that's cool. If you are, great. At least you'll know.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:35 am 

I might have to take a nap in between jobs today. I hate hate hate taking naps (they make me feel wonky when I wake up), but I don't think I can teach feeling this sleepy. And I don't want any more caffeine. I'm blaming the girl who was outside my building last night at 3am screaming at somebody. Then she (I'm assuming, I didn't get up) and the other person (again, assuming) got into separate cars and sped super fast down the street, both running the stop sign, then circled back around, both got out of their cars and she started screaming again. And then sobbing. It didn't sound violent or anything, so I didn't call the police, just some drunk girl screaming, 'Oh hell no!' a million times.

My neighborhood used to be nice, now I can barely sleep when I stay at home because of all sorts of late night shenanigans going on. Maybe that makes me old, but I'm sure the actual old people living across the street don't appreciate it any more than I do.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

rentaghost wrote:
If you think this person is worth getting to know better and would make a great partner why not see where it goes? It would be a shame to be left wondering, especially if when you are ready you think you might find yourself comparing potential dates to this guy.

+1

It could be well worth it to get to know that person better and perhaps establish a friendship or maybe more.

And depending on how you see being single: even if you two get a long real fine, it doesn't have to mean he's moving in with you any time soon.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:03 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

That sucks, AP! My neighbours on one side are students and they party a lot. Complaining makes me feel like an old party pooper, but I need my sleep, damnit! I'm already never able to go to bed in time because I'm a night owl... and then I can't fall asleep because I hear them screwing around.

And thanks for the perspective, you guys. <3

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:23 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I feel like I'm still being expected to take on responsibilities for a volunteer role I stepped down from six months ago, even though the reason I stepped down is serious time and life pressures which mean I just can't commit to extra work just now. From where I'm standing, it appears that the person who has taken over the role seems to think that now I'm back in the country, they can just expect me to do all the hard work that goes with that role. I don't mind being asked if I mind doing something (as long as they're happy to take no for an answer, obviously!), but getting a message 2 hours before a meeting checking if I've organised something I never agreed to do in the first place just peas me off.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:34 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I amused myself this afternoon by counting how many of David Bowie's top 100 books I had read:

http://www.independent.co.uk/arts-enter ... 51127.html

(twenty, in case anyone is interested)

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:34 pm 

fisticuffs wrote:
That sucks, AP! My neighbours on one side are students and they party a lot. Complaining makes me feel like an old party pooper, but I need my sleep, damnit! I'm already never able to go to bed in time because I'm a night owl... and then I can't fall asleep because I hear them screwing around.

What really stinks is that my building was sold to me as a quiet building - and it is! It's just the people in the buildings around me that are noisemonsters. I was just looking online at apartment listings and I can't really do any better than I'm doing right now price/location-wise, so here I must stay.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:55 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

jogirl wrote:
I amused myself this afternoon by counting how many of David Bowie's top 100 books I had read:

I love seeing what people read! I counted seven for me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 2:04 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I only got 6 :(

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 3:30 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Awesome list! I've read 22 of them. I've never heard of anybody else anywhere ever also reading Malodor. I had to special order that and wait for a few weeks back in the old days. I kind of miss the hunt of tracking down obscure books.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:04 pm 
Impressive boner

I saw a nutritionist today, to see if she could help with my fatigue and what seems like an inability to lose any weight. The information I've come away with doesn't direct me to make any huge changes to my life, but giving up sugar seems like a massive and horrible task as I have such a sweet tooth.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:53 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm in a weird mood. I'd really love to be more unpacked here at my new place, and I have the day off but I'm just sitting on my bed cross-legged and staring into space. Part of me wants to allow myself to be okay with doing nothing and indulging today, but I really have no better time to be accomplishing things than today for quite a while. I know it'll just nag at my mind if I don't try to get something done. Blah.

Also I got offered that job that I've been wanting for ages. But I still feel so jaded about the whole thing because of how it all has been going down with this damn position for the past 6 months. So I don't even feel that excited. I mean, I'm glad, but it's more... Yeah I've really deserved the hell out of this for a long time and after being strung along for so long about it I'm supposed to act all excited and squeal about it?

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:07 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

So, I did not end up accomplishing any unpacking at all! Instead I went out and bought myself a pair of cowboy boots and got a third septum ring put in.

I've come to accept the fact that self-care for me is buying myself things. I actually feel somewhat accomplished which is funny because I literally did nothing that was not frivolous!

And damn I look good.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:26 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Luton, I'm so sorry about your grandmother.

jogirl wrote:

23! We both have eclectic taste.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 03, 2013 3:27 am 
Saggy Butt

8ball wrote:
The information I've come away with doesn't direct me to make any huge changes to my life, but giving up sugar seems like a massive and horrible task as I have such a sweet tooth.

Awww, I feel for you. Sugar is my budget antidepressant.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1574, 1575, 1576, 1577, 1578, 1579, 1580 ... 1767  Next