| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Apr 18, 2014 12:07 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1580, 1581, 1582, 1583, 1584, 1585, 1586 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:01 pm 
Naked Under Apron

What sandwich at Panera is vegan?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:11 pm 
WRETCHED

The veggie - no feta but good luck trying to get them making it without feta. I tried 3 times at different Paneras before I gave up eating at Panera.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

linanil wrote:
The veggie - no feta but good luck trying to get them making it without feta. I tried 3 times at different Paneras before I gave up eating at Panera.

I've never had that problem. I've started to kinda like the cilantro hummus. They also even sub avocado for the feta at no extra charge.

And they left off the bacon today (different store)

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:22 pm 
WRETCHED

Maybe Panera just hated us.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 5:29 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I feel like half my week is spent cleaning. Today, I have spent forty minutes cleaning my bedroom (I really let it go, and since dusting puts me out like nobody's business, I avoid it frequently), and I'm just now finishing up my laundry. I'm really not at all a dirty person- it was just a lot of clutter piling up since I'm never in here.

But I feel like every other day I'm seriously cleaning the kitchen and front room - vacuuming, dishes, wiping down the counters, mopping, cleaning the stove, cleaning out the fridge, getting rid of the cat hair on the sofas, tossing out junk mail and random crepe, etc. I haven't even touched the bathroom because I'm so sick of cleaning the rest of the damn house.

And my roommates do usually take out the trash and recycling (never the compost, which is a chore I refuse to do...wet/old food makes me gag), but I'm always the one doing the aforementioned chores. And NOBODY bothers to clean the bathroom when I ask them to, so our tub is getting dirtier and dirtier...and I don't want to give in and do it because, HELLO, I clean the house at least once a week.

I'm just annoyed. I love having a clean house, and I am definitely the most anal about it, but I don't even expect it to be perfect. Just not dirty. sigh.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:03 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

The default bread on that sandwich (tomato something) has honey in it, so you've got to swap that out too. Minus the gross hummus (and I like cilantro!), I don't think it's really worth ordering.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:11 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

ashley wrote:
The default bread on that sandwich (tomato something) has honey in it, so you've got to swap that out too. Minus the gross hummus (and I like cilantro!), I don't think it's really worth ordering.

Especially not if it's black bean soup day!

Panera and Chipotle saved me when I was in Ohio. True story.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:12 pm 
Chard Martyr

ijustdiedinside wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
CQ, I wanna see a pic of a crocheted puppet!

I made a couple videos back when I made this dragon!
https://vimeo.com/35663883
https://vimeo.com/36332499

and this one of an owl!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/danni_b ... 9.mp4.html

CQ your puppets are awesome!

I'm inspired to make my own! I am going try out this puppet, but I think I'll make it single crochet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INTxOlNFuLA
I wish the pattern were written out along with the youtube! It's hard to follow a video tutorial because i like to watch tv while i crochet!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:16 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

ashley wrote:

I assume you live somewhere with options. Around here, this is exciting stuff!

We've got Chipotle (with a perpetually super long line I can't physically stand in), Noodles and Company, and Panera.

What I usually do is get the Italian bread, no cilantro, extra peppers, avocado, then add Vegenaise at home and put the chips on the sandwich. I've started sort of liking the hummus though. I could make something better myself, but since I have nowhere to park at work that doesn't half kill me, my mobility and ability to do things like make sandwiches is gone (I have to use a cane again). Panera has a drive through!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:24 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

sweet_potato wrote:
I used to have the best handwriting in my family, which still isn't saying much. It keeps getting worse and worse. Probably because I also write quickly, and small. But I think it's a myth that lefties have worse handwriting because all of the lefties I know write neater than I do (and do have nice handwriting too) ;)

Totes a myth! Well, sort of. Ballpoint pens don't work correctly for left-handed people (since the writing motion becomes pushing more than pulling) so they can actually make left-handed handwriting look different. My handwriting is really pretty with certain kinds of pens (I may have a list of top 3 preferred brands/styles) but looks really bad in ballpoint.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 7:26 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

That's why I love fountain pens. If the nib is symmetrical, it's so smooth and easy to write with.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:41 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

My handwriting was barely legible up until age 13. I can remember one teacher making me write the letter o between each word and then erase it at the end, because otherwise my work was one long line of chicken scratch with no spaces. Then I got to 7th grade and my new teacher was young and nice and instantly became everyone's favorite. Her handwriting was like a stereotypical high school girl's, but I thought it was wonderful, so I carefully copied down what she wrote on the chalkboard, making the letters the same way she did. It's funny when I look back at pieces of old schoolwork, because the writing is terrible, terrible, then suddenly super neat. Now it's messy again because I don't care anymore.

My friend who was supposed to hang out with me on Saturday and never showed up or called still has not contacted me. So now I'm worried, because what if something bad happened to them? I left a voicemail saying please call me back, and nothing. If nothing bad happened and they just "forgot" or whatever, I am going to be so pissed off.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 8:52 pm 
Hip Goiter

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
My handwriting was barely legible up until age 13. I can remember one teacher making me write the letter o between each word and then erase it at the end, because otherwise my work was one long line of chicken scratch with no spaces. Then I got to 7th grade and my new teacher was young and nice and instantly became everyone's favorite. Her handwriting was like a stereotypical high school girl's, but I thought it was wonderful, so I carefully copied down what she wrote on the chalkboard, making the letters the same way she did. It's funny when I look back at pieces of old schoolwork, because the writing is terrible, terrible, then suddenly super neat. Now it's messy again because I don't care anymore.

<3

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:03 pm 

ijustdiedinside wrote:
choirqueer wrote:
ijustdiedinside wrote:
CQ, I wanna see a pic of a crocheted puppet!

I made a couple videos back when I made this dragon!
https://vimeo.com/35663883
https://vimeo.com/36332499

and this one of an owl!
http://smg.photobucket.com/user/danni_b ... 9.mp4.html

CQ your puppets are awesome!

Aw thanks!! I was so proud of that owl...I actually designed that pattern myself, and it took forever to figure out how to get the beak just right. The dragon was from someone else's pattern.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 10:08 pm 

ijustdiedinside wrote:

I'm inspired to make my own! I am going try out this puppet, but I think I'll make it single crochet.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=INTxOlNFuLA
I wish the pattern were written out along with the youtube! It's hard to follow a video tutorial because i like to watch tv while i crochet!

Oh wow, that puppy is cute but yeah, I hate video tutorials for patterns. Why would I want to sit there for half an hour and watch someone else do what I could do just fine on my own if they just wrote out the pattern? I guess different people have different learning styles, but me, there's no way I'm going to sit through a video. And I'm pretty much always watching Netflix or listening to music while I crochet, too!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Oct 08, 2013 11:01 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

We just watched Book of Mormon, and the obnoxious woman sitting next to us was eating food from crinkly wrappers the whole second half. So rude!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:44 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

choirqueer wrote:
I have the world's worst penmanship. I just looked at my to-do list and couldn't for the life of me comprehend why I had written "boner" on there. Finally figured out that it said "shower".

That's your story...

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 12:59 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I was listening to a radio interview with a Canadian woman who had been decorated with one of the highest military honours. They made it sound as if her medal was because her platoon was all male. Surely not? Anyhoo, the interviewer asked her how the soldiers had responded to her command and she said "At first they were a little weary of me...". And then repeated it a couple of times in the interview. It threw me because here 'weary' means tired, and the context sounded more like she meant 'wary' or cautious. And then I remembered seeing a post somewhere on the PPK with a similar use of weary. Is it a thing?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 1:13 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I have probably accidentally used 'weary' instead of 'wary'. Just seems like one of those words a good amount of people would mess up? I don't know why really.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 2:34 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Oh! I didn't mean for that to sound like I was criticising! I was thinking more along the lines that my Canadian uncles say com-POST where we say COM-post, and we call the shampoo stuff Pan-ten, and American friends say pan-teen.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:01 am 
Seagull of the PPK

maybe they were not sure if it was wary or leery, and made a bit of a blend....

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 7:21 am 

torque wrote:
maybe they were not sure if it was wary or leery, and made a bit of a blend....

I had the exact same thought. I do this infrequently and coin new words.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 8:32 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

It's very, very common for people to say "weary" when they mean "wary". I think some people just don't know that they're two different words.

Woot, my washing is done (it just beeped while i was typing)! I just need to hang it up and I'm on my way to Glasgow! Not to put too much pressure on it, but I'm going to a concert that could possibly be the best concert I've ever been to - Danny Elfman's music from Tim Burton's films, and DE is performing. If there's a meet and greet, it will be the best night of my life, no exaggeration.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 10:58 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Last night Mister Shadowfax sneezed on me in bed. I was lying there half asleep and he hopped onto my bed and came up for what I thought were going to be cuddles, but instead he just sneezed and I felt kitty spit on my face. Then he hopped off of the bed and ran away.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 09, 2013 11:03 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My mom will not stop texting me wanting to make very specific plans for the weekend and it's driving me nuts. I don't know! I don't care! You decide!

Reply to topic  [ 44157 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1580, 1581, 1582, 1583, 1584, 1585, 1586 ... 1767  Next