| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 29, 2014 12:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1596, 1597, 1598, 1599, 1600, 1601, 1602 ... 1848  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:28 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Morrissey declares himself a lover of the human race.

Quote:
Unfortunately, I am not homosexual. In technical fact, I am humasexual. I am attracted to humans. But, of course, not many.

"...and certainly not the Chinese," he added, chuckling.

ZING!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 6:47 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

postnothing wrote:
omg j-dub, best/worst period story indeed!

yeah, for some reason my mom was really anti-tampon too... however, from the get-go pads were not cutting it for me. i actually had to create alibis to run to the drugstore and buy tampons in the 8th grade with my allowance/birthday money. like, "oh, piano class ran late/the teacher wants me to go early" (the only place i was allowed to walk to alone because it was a few doors down the street) and the classic "i'm at so and so's house" and my friend would say she was at mine, except it took all of 20 min to go to the drugstore and then we had no idea what else we could do if it wasn't hangout out at our houses prank calling our crushes, hahah.

Oh man. My mom wasn't anti-tampon or anything but the year I was 13 she didn't live with us, and my dad, newly juggling single-dad stuff, didn't really consider that I needed period things, or that I was too shy/awkward about it to ask him directly to buy said things for me. So I ended up buying tampons by pooling together bits of babysitting money/lunch money on the way home from school.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 7:06 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

strawberryrock wrote:
FULL PERIOD UPDATE:

My period remained super late for my last few hours at work. A bit of toilet paper was just fine and fortunately I was wearing thick black jeans so I wasn't that worried. And they were skinny jeans so nothing fell out of my pants!

I would so have no problem emailing everyone asking for a tampon. Unfortunately, in the evening I have three coworkers and they are all non-menstruating men. During the daytime three women work in the office and I found myself thinking there MUST be tampons stashed somewhere (when I worked in an office of all women we just bought them at Office Depot and kept them with the office supplies) but didn't really know where to look.

Now my diva cup and I are reunited, thank goodness.

There's a shelf high up above the toilet in my work bathroom. Sometimes I stick papers up there if I was around the facility without going back to the office first. Recently I noticed there is a tampon (in the wrapper) up there. It's probably at least a few years old, but maybe in a dire emergency someone can use it?

My period is super late right now. But it's always really irregular. I'm just pretty sure it's been like 36 days now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:02 pm 
***LIES!!!***

linanil wrote:
My work offers tampons and pads for free.

And I have a weird mom story (I'm guessing with all these stories, we could make a tampon thread). My mom is really odd about things and although she isn't a religious freak, she thinks it is nasty to use tampons. She has never used tampons. Anyway, she refused to let me try when I was young and I had the worst periods ever. I guess I never thought about it and figured maybe there was a reason she didn't think tampons were good but eventually in my mid 20s I tried them and they were the best thing ever until I found my diva cup.

My friend's mom was totally horrified by tampons. Once she demonstrated to my friend that tampons were disgustingly gross by showing her how they expand with water, which is, of course, kind of the point. I think she was trying to show her that they wouldn't come out because they would expand too much. They also had a weird family ritual about having separate trash for pads which was kept in the cabinet under the sink and only her dad could take out that special trash. It was weird.

My mother, on the other hand, used tampons from her first period on, because it happened during swim class. She thought pads were totally gross.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:44 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

allularpunk wrote:
Since we're talking about periods, my PMS this month is brought to you by DROPPING ALL OF THE THINGS.

Ah yes, the pre-menstrual clumsies are very real.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:51 pm 

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
Since we're talking about periods, my PMS this month is brought to you by DROPPING ALL OF THE THINGS.

Ah yes, the pre-menstrual clumsies are very real.

I don't know if that happens to me! But about an hour before my period started yesterday, an internet comment made me cry.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:54 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

A few months ago my nose started to bleed at work and I went to the bathroom and found my period hadstarted too. Bodies are weird.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:07 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm going to an adult ed conference tomorrow/Thursday. Hopefully it is informative and not tedious.

My parents just traded their old truck in for a new (to them) SUV and are insisting I take that, so it should be a fun trip. It's kind of an ugly color, but it is fully loaded, so they decided the color was pretty ok. It has a double, fully retractable sun roof, back up camera, great seats with back support, and I can hook my iphone up to the console. I feel a little weird taking their new car off for two days as soon as they bought it, but sure will be a nice drive! If I'm up to it after the conference, I'll detour home through Skyline and past Natural Bridge. That would probably only add ~30-40 minutes to my drive. I love Natural Bridge, but every time I go, I just get angry about creationism and Bible light shows about how the Earth is only 6000 years old.

Trying to download Mavericks (still think that is a dumb name) and the ETA is 4 hours. Shouldn't everybody else have already gotten it by now? Boo. Was hoping to install before bed.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 10:28 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

One time when I was about 11, I got my period during karate class. Karate uniforms are WHITE. I was the only girl in the class (I'm not a girl now but at the time I identified as a girl) and I was also by far the youngest person in the class, so I'm all bleeding in my white uniform in a room full of grown men and there was NO WAY that I could just walk out of the room. I waited till the break, ran to the bathroom, stuffed my underwear with toilet paper and hoped nobody would notice anything. Yeah, five minutes later, there's a wad of bloody toilet paper on the floor of the dojo (which is ALSO WHITE) and it was pretty obvious (both from the stained uniform and from the fact that I was the only one in the room with a uterus as far as I'm aware) where it came from. The teacher, to his credit, just quietly said to me "do you want to take care of that?" and didn't make a big deal out of it. But yeah, fun times.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:14 pm 
Chip Strong

choirqueer wrote:
One time when I was about 11, I got my period during karate class. Karate uniforms are WHITE. I was the only girl in the class (I'm not a girl now but at the time I identified as a girl) and I was also by far the youngest person in the class, so I'm all bleeding in my white uniform in a room full of grown men and there was NO WAY that I could just walk out of the room. I waited till the break, ran to the bathroom, stuffed my underwear with toilet paper and hoped nobody would notice anything. Yeah, five minutes later, there's a wad of bloody toilet paper on the floor of the dojo (which is ALSO WHITE) and it was pretty obvious (both from the stained uniform and from the fact that I was the only one in the room with a uterus as far as I'm aware) where it came from. The teacher, to his credit, just quietly said to me "do you want to take care of that?" and didn't make a big deal out of it. But yeah, fun times.

THIS WINS. I'm horrified for you.

missmuffcake wrote:
I got an email from someone from a cat kidney care support group I am part of promoting her religion, her favorite bible quotes and a attachment on her views of god. I thought it was so tacky to try and take advantage of my vulnerable state in this way. I emailed the group owner.

My stupid mom for weeks was bugging me to get blinds installed in our house...My mind was on Mar's care. To get her to shut up, I had a price quote done and for the same blinds but a different color than what we have it would be $815 to $1,110...My mom who was gun-ho about paying was like 'never-mind'...This comes when we were struggling to pay for Mar's medical care...Now she has moved on to hounding me about getting bins to put Mar's stuff away. I told her that I am falling apart, that I cannot do this, it has been 2 days...Her usual "I know, I know"....angers me. I do not want the bin thing to be the new blind thing. I do not even want to get started on her comments about me losing weight due to stress (I get sick after I eat)...I am forking eating - my body just does not like what it is going through right now. When she says stupid crepe I just want to act like a child - stop eating and say "see.....see what you did"...

I have real pain - a new religion and a bisque-y mom is not helping.

I'm sorry this got lost in all the period stuff. I'm sorry you're dealing with all of this. Take care of yourself.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:24 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

This is like those pre-teen girl magazines with the section of embarassing stories laid out in neon boxes on page 13. And all of these would have been published.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:51 pm 

zelavie wrote:
This is like those pre-teen girl magazines with the section of embarassing stories laid out in neon boxes on page 13. And all of these would have been published.

I was thinking that as I was typing out that story!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2013 11:58 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I think we need a zine of period mis-haps.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:16 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I used to menstrate also (UGH-sorry ladies), and one time randomly a couple weeks after my period I was pooing (complete with lots of squeezing) and a tampon popped out of my vag. No idea how long that had been in there.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:19 am 

Once I bled through a tampon super dramatically wearing my lightest jeans while outside and far from any public restroom and it was the worst. I was 12 25.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:37 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I don't understand tampons. In contrast to some of the tampon-phobic mothers written about here, my mom was seriously pro-tampon and had issues with the fact that I wasn't interested. (Lucky for her, my sister was a synchronized swimmer with long periods, so all the tampons went to her.) For my mom's benefit, I tried once, and hated it and made her pull it out, and that ended that pretty fast. (Ha!)

For the rest, oh man. My period started when I was 11. From then until I was 15, it was forking long and forking heavy. I used to leave middle school with my shorts/pants covered in blood. We had to throw a few of them out, the stains were so bad. No one told me about it, not even teachers. (Like, really? No one?) In hindsight, I'm impressed at how bad I was about gauging when a pad needed to be changed .... so some days I freaked out and checked every hour and nothing; other days, I didn't, and those days I ended up with blood everywhere. (So glad those days are over, wow.)

I think I have a similar karate/dojo story as CQ, but I was .... 23.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 1:58 am 
Saggy Butt

yes zine... the cover should be a series of diva cup images lit to look like phases of the moon!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:15 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

My mom was very pro-tampon too. She was a very athletic teen and I guess she wanted me to avoid any dojo incident, so she encouraged me to try them as soon as my second period. Except that she was partial to applicatorless tampons, and those tend to expand in girth rather than in height. And when you are 11 (and bad at judging when a tampon is full enough to pull out smoothly) that shiitake hurts. I was scared to use them for several years after that.

My judo teacher was a woman, and as a former competitor she had a lot of dark blue judogi (you usually wear white, but in some competitions one judoka wears a blue outfit so that you can tell easily whose legs and arms belong to who). And she was very willing to let her girls dress in dark blue when we asked. Best sensei ever.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:22 am 

Oh I'm the opposite -- I hate pads with a great fiery hate! I think I'd completely switched to using tampons within my first year or two of having periods. The sensation of sitting in a puddle of my bodily fluids made me insane. I was sooooooo happy when I figured out how to use tampons and never had to sit on a pad again.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 7:30 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i told my kid at least three of these stories yesterday (no names, i swear)- i remember at that age all the other kids had had their periods for years and I just couldn't figure it out, every period was a surprise and a horror show. there were never any pads in the house and when they were they were those hospital-sized things that didn't even come in little packets, they were like a forking panini and there was no way you could hide it in your pocket or your bag. ugh.

i can't believe how horrible that stage of life was and how horribly guilty i was made to feel about what is just a normal (if goddamn annoying) bodily function. we also were not allowed to talk about menstruation, supplies, etc and i just can't imagine how emotionally tortured you must be to make it the same way for your own kid.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 8:27 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I just got in an argument about welfare and public housing with someone. They clearly have no idea how the system is set up or how little people get or really anything about it. I hate that crepe.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:06 am 
Impressive boner

I picked Oscar's ashes up from the crematorium today. I haven't had a guinea pig cremated before as we've always had somewhere to bury them, but now we don't have a garden. His remains are so teeny tiny, maybe a quarter cup.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:09 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Hugs 8ball.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 9:41 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

There is this bumper sticker I see on a parked car every day on my walk to work and I can't really figure out why, but it makes me want to barf. You know those stickers of people's families? Where there will be a dad, a mom, and then however many kids and dogs and cats? Well this one has a blank space where the dad would be (I've seriously never seen a same sex couple one of these, so at least in my area, it must just be a straight person thing), then the mom, a little girl, and a cat. But there's a big arrow pointing to the blank space, and above it, it says, 'POSITION AVAILABLE'. Just...ick.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:03 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am totally paranoid that my car will get towed again. I parked in the spot assigned to us. But I am still so wigged out by it that I am just sure... I get out of work and my car will be gone.
Although, if it happens today, there will be hell to pay.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46176 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1596, 1597, 1598, 1599, 1600, 1601, 1602 ... 1848  Next