| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1604, 1605, 1606, 1607, 1608, 1609, 1610 ... 1876  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:47 am 
Saggy Butt

Cats are super expert hiders. My little guy once hid behind the dryer to get away from my friend's kids and we couldn't find him for hours. Check not only behind but also INSIDE the back of all your big appliances. For example, my fridge has a little hidey-hole in the back of it that a kitty could definitely get into.

Also, do you have any holes in your walls? My friend's cat once got into a hole in the drywall when they were doing some repairs and ended up in the ceiling.

Good luck! Hopefully she'll realize soon that it's much nicer to come out and hang with you guys.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:49 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

parkerk wrote:
Cats are super expert hiders. My little guy once hid behind the dryer to get away from my friend's kids and we couldn't find him for hours. Check not only behind but also INSIDE the back of all your big appliances. For example, my fridge has a little hidey-hole in the back of it that a kitty could definitely get into.

My younger cat hid *inside* the toilet (not the bowl, but in a hollow facing the wall) the first few days we had her. We would hang out in the bathroom and talk to her. Sometimes, we'd roll a ball toward her, and a tiny kitty paw would come out from behind the toilet to bat it back to us. Eventually, she came out and walked right into my lap.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:53 am 
Inflexitarian

The palm of my hand has an enormous bruise in it because I gave too many high fives a day or two ago.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:10 pm 
Hip Goiter

Tea wrote:
The palm of my hand has an enormous bruise in it because I gave too many high fives a day or two ago.

Haha this is the most adorable/awesome injury ever.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:35 pm 
WELFARIST!

vijita wrote:
Puddy isn't a hider. She is sitting like the big boss on top of the fridge while Leonard Cohen hides in fear. I don't know what to do! I actually considered that Puddy ate her. Crazy, I know, but Puddy has been puking all night and she never pukes. Cats are such crassholes! I LOVE THEM SO MUCH.

<3 Thanks for the congrats! Given that my apartment that I will soon own (as in, in 25 years I'll own it) is now covered in cat puke stains, the mortgage comes at a good time. I hope that in 25 years cat puke stains are in vogue.

Awww...Leonard Cohen (Lenny?) then.

Sorry, Tea, but your injury made me laugh too. It's a good one!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 1:46 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

One of my living room chairs had a small hole in the fabric at the back and even pushed almost flush with the wall one kitty (when she was young and lithe) would squeeze behind the chair and up into the hole to hang out inside the chair.

Things are mighty tense at work (so I'm chilling a bit on the PPK) and two people today have mimed blowing their heads off with a finger imitating a gun. Why would anyone think that was okay? Ugh, makes me sick. People don't think.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:39 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

vijita wrote:
OKAY I just heard a meow that wasn't a Puddy meow. I still can't find her!

Leonard! I'm glad you heard her at least.

I had cat once who was both really tiny and feral as a kitten and and hoo boy. He would wedge himself into anything that he could fit his head into. Here are places I found him and that might be worth looking into if you have similar places too:

a boot
also a shoe
behind the books in the bookshelf
under the futon where I swear there was about an inch of space
behind the fridge
behind the oven (blocked that off immediately, yikes)
accidentally shut in closets
or ground level kitchen cabinets

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:09 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I don't understand why Americans call pasta that isn't noodles noodles.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:16 pm 
Chip Strong

Efcliz wrote:

I wasn't aware that Americans did this. I call pasta, pasta. But c'mon, noodles is a great word! It makes sense to use it as often as one can. I may start calling all non-forkable pasta noodles from now on. Are we having spaghetti? Nope, noodles! Macaroni bake, is now noodle bake. Ramen noodles will from now on will be referred to as Ramen Worms.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:21 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Noodles is just a fun word to say. Just fun.

I will have to post a photo when I am home and on my computer... but I now have a picture of my cat sleeping in the tortoises tank with said tortoise. It is cute. And maybe a sign I need to turn on the heat in the house.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:45 pm 
Mediocre Tart

Efcliz wrote:

HA! Lasagne 'noodles', indeed.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 3:48 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Difficult to wrangle ruffled pasta sheets.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:03 pm 
WRETCHED

I thought about buying the Rachel Ray garbage bowl today. I went to Target to buy some Halloween candy and I wanted a bowl for candy and I couldn't find one but then I saw one that was orange with black specks... it was Rachel Ray's at $19.99. Then I saw a big pumpkin bowl thing for $6.00 and went with that.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:41 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

WE FOUND LEONARD! She was way in the corner of our laundry room UNDER like 8 heavy boxes. I do not understand at all how she got in there but I am so relieved. Now she is quietly exploring the apartment and even though Puddy is super mad at us and sulking in "her room" (on top of the fridge), I am so happy that Leonard is no longer shaking and scared. Poor kitty! I go away to the States for week tomorrow so we are going to give her back to her foster right now until after I return. She is forking cute.

My allergic to cats husband has his concerns but he married me knowing about the cat thing so he'll deal.

PS, her tail is broken! She can only move the top part. It's pretty cute.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:46 pm 
WRETCHED

yay Vijita! Poor baby about her tail though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 4:56 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Yay, Leonard! If she's still scared and Puddy is still mad, consider quarantining her in a room for a few days. That'll give them both time to simmer down, and give Lenny time to adjust to one room and all the smells before being overwhelmed by a whole apartment. When we had Porter, we just brought him right in and let him and Gershwin at eachother. They never really did get along and my vet says it's because of the way we introduced them. We quarantined Tristan when he came here, and let him out after 48 or 72 hours, and then did short quarantines if he started to get overwhelmed.

Good luck!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:17 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

mollyjade wrote:
parkerk wrote:

My younger cat hid *inside* the toilet (not the bowl, but in a hollow facing the wall) the first few days we had her. We would hang out in the bathroom and talk to her. Sometimes, we'd roll a ball toward her, and a tiny kitty paw would come out from behind the toilet to bat it back to us. Eventually, she came out and walked right into my lap.

This happened to me except I had to pay $500 for a plumber to remove the toilet because she had gotten stuck. Her head was inside and she couldn't turn around or back out. We greased her up once we had the toilet off the wall and pulled her out. It was HARROWING.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

blondiefk wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
parkerk wrote:

This happened to me except I had to pay $500 for a plumber to remove the toilet because she had gotten stuck. Her head was inside and she couldn't turn around or back out. We greased her up once we had the toilet off the wall and pulled her out. It was HARROWING.

I would've been freaking the fork out. Terrifying!

We had someone come in to install our cooker last year, and I had such a hard time finding Zebby that I was convinced the guy let him out. I found him wedged between the wall and a bookshelf, I think behind some other stuff as well, in a space that he really shouldn't have been able to occupy (it was very small, he's very big). I about lost my mind before I found him.

I had an allergy attack that started last Wednesday night and didn't really finish until Friday, but I kept sneezing every once in a while all weekend. Now I have sinus pain/pressure. I'm gonna be so pissed if I have a sinus infection.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:18 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

blondiefk wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
parkerk wrote:

That sounds scary! Millie was really adorable in the toilet.

Video proof:

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:20 pm 
WELFARIST!

You guys. I don't know about drunk baking (I'm not an ambitious drunk), but fever baking is super weird. Fever yoga wasn't much better.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:21 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

jean wrote:
I may start calling all non-forkable pasta noodles from now on.

AHAHAHA forkable pasta

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:36 pm 

allularpunk wrote:
You guys. I don't know about drunk baking (I'm not an ambitious drunk), but fever baking is super weird. Fever yoga wasn't much better.

Dang, fever sitting-on-the-couch-under-fifty-blankets is weird enough for me. I fever made-pancakes on Friday night and it took me like two hours.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:46 pm 
WELFARIST!

kilgore trout wrote:
allularpunk wrote:

Dang, fever sitting-on-the-couch-under-fifty-blankets is weird enough for me. I fever made-pancakes on Friday night and it took me like two hours.

Pie. pie. I rolled out a pie crust, nay 2 pie crusts! Double crusted apple pie! I just kept looking down at it because it kept ripping and saying, 'Oh god, oh god, oh god.'

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 6:56 pm 

You might be a superhero. A pie superhero. Have you been bitten by any weird spiders recently? Maybe the fever is just an after effect of that.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:12 pm 
And you never will.

Fever pie! Amazing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46889 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1604, 1605, 1606, 1607, 1608, 1609, 1610 ... 1876  Next