| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 01, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1606, 1607, 1608, 1609, 1610, 1611, 1612 ... 1828  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 12:59 pm 
Hip Goiter

I can't believe this hasn't been properly explained yet.

NOODLING, TO NOODLE. v.

"Your arm's the noodle."

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:15 pm 
WRETCHED

Oh and speaking of this discussion, a group of us (work people) are going out tomorrow and the comment made by the person coordinating is that because we need a place that is vegan friendly for me, we can't go to the Italian restaurant... I don't know why they think Italian isn't vegan friendly and I looked at the menu, it looks fine to me.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 2:56 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
Last week I heard news that a semi-homeless schizophrenic guy who is sort of a regular at our office (some of the attorneys have done pro bono appearances for civil disobedience stuff he does) was hit by a train earlier this month and lost half a leg. We're discussing it at work and someone pointed out to me that if you Google his name, a man by the exact same name (including same spelling) was struck and killed by a train across the country in PA exactly two weeks later.

Strange things are afoot at the Circle K.

That is seriously strange!!!! Hope the guy will be ok and get the support he needs to recover.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:41 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

linanil wrote:
Oh and speaking of this discussion, a group of us (work people) are going out tomorrow and the comment made by the person coordinating is that because we need a place that is vegan friendly for me, we can't go to the Italian restaurant... I don't know why they think Italian isn't vegan friendly and I looked at the menu, it looks fine to me.

I went for Italian food recently and all the pasta was made with egg. I ended up having broccoli with marinara, made specially and lots of bread.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:42 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Some blog I read went on a "you're wasting your time watching YouTube!" rant and it really pissed me off. What is everyone's obsession with not wasting time? And EVERYONE wastes time. I know for damn sure the hour I waste on YouTube is by far not the least enjoyable time wasting hour of my day. I waste the day at work. I waste the day driving home. I waste the day watching YouTube and showering and cooking and eating. Who cares. Who forking cares. I'll waste the whole goddamn thing if I want to! I'm an adult and I'm pretty sure I've wasted every hour I've been alive so far SO GET OFF MY NUTS

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:12 pm 
Chard Martyr

There is a really stupid restaurant in my hotel (White Spot, for Western Canada dwellers) and seriously nothing affordable to order in, even though this is one of the best food cities in the world (Vancouver)! Ugh. I think I will putter down to White Spot for an angry boring salad and I will do it wearing my pyjama pants. Christ, this is the birthplace of lululemon so at least THAT should be accepted.

I did buy a beyond meat "chicken" salad from Whole Foods for dinner but it is disgusting. I guess this should go in the adgjahsdkywuiqywuid problems thread.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 8:50 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

blondiefk wrote:
linanil wrote:

I went for Italian food recently and all the pasta was made with egg. I ended up having broccoli with marinara, made specially and lots of bread.

Yeah, this. The same thing happened with me at an Italian place recently, but luckily the spinach linguine didn't have egg, so I could have some of that. (Too bad they ruined it with giantly cut, uncooked vegetables.) I know a lot of cheap pasta doesn't have eggs in it, but most people assume that all pasta does. It took months of explaining and label showing to my (Italian) dude to convince him that you don't have to have eggs in pasta.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:07 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

My parents made plans to come visit me for thanksgiving a few months ago. A few weeks ago, my partner's brother and his girlfriend asked if they could come for thanksgiving too, and we said sure, as long as you're ok with it being a tight fit. Now today my sister texted me 17 times (I counted) to ask if she can also come. I was at work but when I had a chance to respond, I said sorry, if you had asked earlier it would have been fine but now there are too many people. She just called me and yelled at me a out how I'm the worst person ever and now she's never going to visit me again. There really is no other context here except that whenever she calls or texts me it has to be a ton of times in a row and can never be just one civilized text. She's the ridiculous one and I'm not actually a horrible person, right?

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:19 pm 

All of that is weird. Especially the part where people ask if they can come over for thanksgiving. I hope that's not a thing people start doing to me ever.

I'd ignore anyone who texted me 17 times without an answer on principle. That's a motherforking game.

So I think I'm a horrible person and you're safe for now.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:24 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

mooo wrote:
My parents made plans to come visit me for thanksgiving a few months ago. A few weeks ago, my partner's brother and his girlfriend asked if they could come for thanksgiving too, and we said sure, as long as you're ok with it being a tight fit. Now today my sister texted me 17 times (I counted) to ask if she can also come. I was at work but when I had a chance to respond, I said sorry, if you had asked earlier it would have been fine but now there are too many people. She just called me and yelled at me a out how I'm the worst person ever and now she's never going to visit me again. There really is no other context here except that whenever she calls or texts me it has to be a ton of times in a row and can never be just one civilized text. She's the ridiculous one and I'm not actually a horrible person, right?

The correct response on her part would have been "okay. I hope you have a great time and let's get together soon!" That's all. She was way out of line and I'd be tempted to take her up on that whole never-visiting-again thing.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Tue Oct 29, 2013 9:25 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

mooo wrote:

Yes, texting someone 17 times in a row to ask the same question is ridiculous. But why can't she come for Thanksgiving? Thanksgiving is, for me, about family and being with people and also about sharing what you have and spreading the love. Unless you already have trouble feeding yourself and you really can't afford to feed someone else or you live in a really tiny apartment. Or your sister has been rude or selfish towards you lately. I don't know.

You're not being a horrible people. She seems to be acting immature, but I don't know the situation.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 1:57 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Gosh, I dunno, but I'd be really hurt if my sister said I couldn't come to a family event when the rest of the family were invited. Is there a very strong reason for you not wanting her there, cos from what you posted it sounds a bit like you don't want her to mess up your table layout - and that does sound a little bit jerky. What's the bigger context?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 4:54 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

I so so so didn't want to go to school today, so I stayed home. I was home yesterday as well, because I was moving. I just want to unpack and be done with this huge, stressful thing so I can focus on schoolwork, which would be impossible with all the things I need to do.

But I am LOVING living with my boyfriend!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 5:59 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ruby Rose wrote:
Gosh, I dunno, but I'd be really hurt if my sister said I couldn't come to a family event when the rest of the family were invited. Is there a very strong reason for you not wanting her there, cos from what you posted it sounds a bit like you don't want her to mess up your table layout - and that does sound a little bit jerky. What's the bigger context?

I have to say that I agree. I don't know if there is a bigger context about your relationship with your sister, mooo, or if Thanksgiving is typically not a family thing or a big deal in your family, but if one of my siblings was hosting a family gathering and told me I couldn't come, I would feel really rejected and hurt.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:06 am 
Chard Martyr

Hi PPK! I'm up insanely early ready to fly to Boston. I've never been to Boston! I am excited. Oh and I just realized my passport expires in seven days. shiitake. But I will return on November 4th so they won't give me shiitake at the border, right?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:12 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

vijita wrote:
Hi PPK! I'm up insanely early ready to fly to Boston. I've never been to Boston! I am excited. Oh and I just realized my passport expires in seven days. shiitake. But I will return on November 4th so they won't give me shiitake at the border, right?

They might remind you that it expires soon but if you have your return ticket booked and it's clearly before the expiry date I don't see why they would give you grief. Note, I'm not a border agent, nor do I fully understand their thought processes 100% of the time.

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:17 am 
WRETCHED

lobsteriffic wrote:
vijita wrote:

They might remind you that it expires soon but if you have your return ticket booked and it's clearly before the expiry date I don't see why they would give you grief. Note, I'm not a border agent, nor do I fully understand their thought processes 100% of the time.

Some countries will not let you in if your passport expires within 6 months of entry. It appears that the US is one of those countries BUT it seems like there are certain citizens that are exempt including Canadian citizens. You might get some grief due to that but as long as you show a return flight prior to your passport expiring, you should be ok.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:25 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

yeah! the six-months validity thing is usually a problem. I have < 6 months left on my US visa so I'm nervous for next time I enter. good luck!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:25 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

aelle wrote:
Ruby Rose wrote:

I have to say that I agree. I don't know if there is a bigger context about your relationship with your sister, mooo, or if Thanksgiving is typically not a family thing or a big deal in your family, but if one of my siblings was hosting a family gathering and told me I couldn't come, I would feel really rejected and hurt.

I was torn about this, but generally I agree with Ruby Rose and aelle. I would be so freaking annoyed if a family member texted me that many times about something (unless it was an emergency), but I'd also squeeze someone in if they wanted to come to Thanksgiving. Granted, it is annoying for people to invite themselves, but those big family holidays can do weird things to people. Also, all families interact differently, so who knows what your dynamic is! I just know that in my family, even if it meant someone would be stuck perching on the edge of the coffee table, if they wanted to come, I'd be expected to make room. (Not that I'd love it, but...that's my family dynamic.)

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:45 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i'm reading about being on the antarctic research stations for winters and people getting "three-quarters syndrome"- basically going mental when they are 3/4 through their tour. coincidentally, we are nearing 2/3 of our own bizarro tour here in the US and the parallels are striking. I wonder if I'm going to end up locking myself in my room with a stash of canned goods and only stumbling out in January with matted hair and unseeing eyes.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:56 am 
ugh

Can't we give mooo the benefit of the doubt and assume that if she says there isn't room then there probably isn't enough room? I mean, she already said it would be a tight fit to add her partner's brother and his girlfriend. I can totally understand being disappointed but surely her sister can make plans to visit on another day rather than sending a million texts and then refusing to visit again ever.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 8:35 am 
Chard Martyr

I am in the US! Well, not really. I'm in Vancouver and I just bought a chai latte with twoonies. But they let me in.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:07 am 

I wouldn't really see two people from each side "the whole family" - because for me that's like 1/20th of the family, but yeah if she really wouldn't have anywhere else to go it might be a little mean. I just assume everyone has the overwhelming bevy of familial options that I have. The idea of someone pestering to go a particular family thanksgiving is foreign to me.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:29 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

b.vicious wrote:
Can't we give mooo the benefit of the doubt and assume that if she says there isn't room then there probably isn't enough room? I mean, she already said it would be a tight fit to add her partner's brother and his girlfriend. I can totally understand being disappointed but surely her sister can make plans to visit on another day rather than sending a million texts and then refusing to visit again ever.

We can and we do but having asked for an opinion I assume she wants a real one? I wouldn't sent 17 texts but I'd also be incredibly hurt if my family were getting together like this and I was told I couldn't come.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 30, 2013 9:30 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Is this creepy:

Last night in a ckd (cat kidney disease) group I was sharing my love and sadness over Mar. This women posted some nice things and said she was from CA. I saw she was an hour away, said thank you (and going on a bit about grief) and pointed out that I was only an hour away. She comes back and asks me my age, tells me her age, something about that set off a red flag. I told my boyfriend that and he said I was overreacting - I tend to get paranoid.
I check FB this morning and she has went through my photos (some albums are public) and has changed her profile to a picture of Mar. I find this forking wrong and really creepy. I do not know how to respond.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45691 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1606, 1607, 1608, 1609, 1610, 1611, 1612 ... 1828  Next