| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Jul 22, 2014 11:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1623, 1624, 1625, 1626, 1627, 1628, 1629 ... 1824  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:26 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

fork it, I want to make outer space collages, so that's what we're going to do.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 12:29 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Note to self: If you can't remember how long the chickpea salad has been in the fridge, you probably shouldn't take a big bite of it. Blech.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:22 pm 
And you never will.

I sliced my finger open on a tin of pumpkin and it won't stop bleeding. I had to wait for my husband to help me put a bandaid on it and I soaked through an entire paper towel while waiting. Then I had to put another bandaid even tighter over the first one because it was just bleeding out from under it. Blood never makes me woozy, but this time it is for some reason.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 3:31 pm 
Hip Goiter

Oh nooo poopiebitch is it enough to need stitches???

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 5:02 pm 
And you never will.

I hope not, because I can't afford stitches! The cut itself is only like 1/2 inch (I think - I couldn't get a good look because BLOOD), but I guess it's pretty deep. It keeps bleeding through the bandaids and I'm like 90% tempted to wrap it in duct tape.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:25 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

There was just a SUPER loud boom near my house. I don't know what it was, but it scared the crepe out of me. I looked outside to see if any of the houses near me had blown up or something, but everything looked fine and there were people driving and walking by like nothing had happened. I cannot be the only person who heard that!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:26 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

poopiebitch wrote:
I hope not, because I can't afford stitches! The cut itself is only like 1/2 inch (I think - I couldn't get a good look because BLOOD), but I guess it's pretty deep. It keeps bleeding through the bandaids and I'm like 90% tempted to wrap it in duct tape.

I am feeling queasy on your behalf. I hope it stops bleeding soon!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 7:30 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

raspberrycomplaint wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

I am feeling queasy on your behalf. I hope it stops bleeding soon!

Oohhh yeah me too.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:06 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

poopiebitch wrote:

Use super glue! I'm serious! It'll stop the bleeding and come off as the wound heals.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 8:10 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

I've heard of them using super glue in the emergency room, but I thought it was some special medical grade super glue. I know fingers can bleed a lot even when the cut isn't that bad, because we have so many veins going to their tips. Let us know you are ok PB!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:04 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

allularpunk, the same thing happened to my eye once! I was convinced I was going blind, but after a few days it went away. So weird.

I'm so annoyed. We drove to Ikea today, which is about an hour and a half drive, and of the very few things we picked up two of them are wrong. You know how at Ikea some stuff has the same name, cuz it's from the same collection, but it's a totally different item? Pretty confusing when it's in a box, and the wrong item (with the same name) is in the spot for the thing you wanted. TWICE! Ugh. So now I have to go back, because I really needed those (proper) things.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:20 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

Woo Hoo! Post 5,000!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 9:33 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

poopiebitch wrote:
Blood never makes me woozy, but this time it is for some reason.

Well maybe because this time you lost enough that you're body is legit blood-loss-style woozy!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 09, 2013 10:39 pm 
And you never will.

Thanks you guys! I think it's okay - the bleeding has mostly stopped unless I do anything that puts any sort of pressure on the finger (which is a lot because it's the index finger on my dominant hand) and then it sort of oozes again. I'm totally gonna try super glue tomorrow!!

And Mars, I think you might be right, because I remembered that I ran it under water for a couple of minutes before soaking through the paper towel so I might have lost more blood than I realized.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 1:27 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Yeah, take an iron pill (or two!)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:00 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
I've heard of them using super glue in the emergency room, but I thought it was some special medical grade super glue. I know fingers can bleed a lot even when the cut isn't that bad, because we have so many veins going to their tips. Let us know you are ok PB!

I was also going to suggest super glue instead of stitches, but when I googled it I found pages that said you shouldn't use regular super glue for it as it's too toxic for your skin.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 5:04 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

paprikapapaya wrote:

I'm so annoyed. We drove to Ikea today, which is about an hour and a half drive, and of the very few things we picked up two of them are wrong. You know how at Ikea some stuff has the same name, cuz it's from the same collection, but it's a totally different item? Pretty confusing when it's in a box, and the wrong item (with the same name) is in the spot for the thing you wanted. TWICE! Ugh. So now I have to go back, because I really needed those (proper) things.

That happened to me once. Took three hinges for a cupboard out of the bin and later on found that one of them had the wrong partnumber.

Since then I always check the article number on boxes etc.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 8:33 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Veg_Eric wrote:
Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:

I was also going to suggest super glue instead of stitches, but when I googled it I found pages that said you shouldn't use regular super glue for it as it's too toxic for your skin.

FWIW, myself and many other nurses I know have used it on minor cuts with no ill effects. You could also use a product called "New Skin" which specifically is a liquid medical-grade bandage - it burns like nothing else when you first apply it, though!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:11 am 
Shopped till she dropped

I used New Skin (or more likely the Target equivalent) when I nearly sliced off the very tip of my pinky. It stung like crazy, but it worked great. One of the wine bar regulars is a ER doctor, and he said I did exactly the same thing he would have at the hospital.

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 10:47 am 
WELFARIST!

allularpunk wrote:
My left eye is doing something wonky. This has happened before, and I remember it going away, or I would be freaking out. It's like there's this half circle of constant shimmering along the upper left hand side of my eye. I still see it when I close my eyes. It's really annoying and will probably make driving a tiny bit unsafe. I probably just slept weird on my face and squished my eyeball or something.

Could you have a *scintillating scotoma? I get them very rarely when I'm tired, stressed and/or overexerted. I usually lie down till they self-resolve as I can't really do much while it's going on as the wonky vision is distracting and a bit frightening especially when you first get one and don't know what's happening. They are often precursor aura to migraine (though mine aren't usually connected to my migraines). See your doctor if they become commonplace or if it doesn't resolve on its own in a short period of time (i.e. over the course of a couple of hours). I usually lie down for a bit and close my eyes until it goes away and that seems to work for me. <3 <3 <3

*Scintillating scotoma wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:16 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

seitanicverses wrote:
allularpunk wrote:
My left eye is doing something wonky. This has happened before, and I remember it going away, or I would be freaking out. It's like there's this half circle of constant shimmering along the upper left hand side of my eye. I still see it when I close my eyes. It's really annoying and will probably make driving a tiny bit unsafe. I probably just slept weird on my face and squished my eyeball or something.

Could you have a *scintillating scotoma? I get them very rarely when I'm tired, stressed and/or overexerted. I usually lie down till they self-resolve as I can't really do much while it's going on as the wonky vision is distracting and a bit frightening especially when you first get one and don't know what's happening. They are often precursor aura to migraine (though mine aren't usually connected to my migraines). See your doctor if they become commonplace or if it doesn't resolve on its own in a short period of time (i.e. over the course of a couple of hours). I usually lie down for a bit and close my eyes until it goes away and that seems to work for me. <3 <3 <3

*Scintillating scotoma wiki page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scintillating_scotoma

I've never had a migraine, so I don't know... But after I posted, I sort of stretched my eye by just looking really hard in the opposite direction of the shimmer and it went away pretty quickly afterward.

I'm feeling good today. I had a busy, but good, week and a really nice yesterday and today is shaping up just fine as well. Indeed.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:44 am 
WELFARIST!

^Glad it went away. Mine always go away quickly too, usually within an hour.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 12:21 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I landed wrong on my foot last night coming home and (okay, I was a bit tipsy) it hurt, but I made it inside, it felt ok, and when I woke up and rolled over, PAIN. I doubt it's broken, because I can put weight on it, but it's definitely twisted or something.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My mom's 60th birthday is in December. I can't be there for it (she's in TX, I'm in Scotland), so we're* trying to come up with a really nice gift for her that I can contribute to. We're trying to avoid getting her something she would need, like a big household item (e.g., a new dryer or something). But she's been so self-sacrificing for all of our lives that we can't think of anything that she actually likes or would want. Also, I just looked at ticket prices for a couple of shows, and holy shiitake are theatre tickets in the US expensive!

*We = me, my brother and sister, and my aunt (her sister)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 10, 2013 4:36 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

A tree. Symbolic, useful, and something she can have for the rest of her life.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45581 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1623, 1624, 1625, 1626, 1627, 1628, 1629 ... 1824  Next