| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Jul 30, 2014 12:50 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1630, 1631, 1632, 1633, 1634, 1635, 1636 ... 1827  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:12 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Post-show euphoria, need to get to sleep so I can be refreshed for tomorrow's! We got a standing ovation!!!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:41 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Was woken at 3 am to find boyfriend still out on the couch watching some alien show. This wouldn't be a big deal, except that he was so zoned out, he didn't do anything to prevent the cat from waking me and then keeping me awake for 45 minutes. I'd planned on having an awesome sleep, and now I'm just as tired as I was yesterday. And I'm a bit freaked out by the 8 hours of television watching until 3 am. Boo.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 9:51 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Sometimes you just gotta aliens.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 10:27 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

^You're right.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:38 am 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

what the hell is with cats?

I was cleaning puckles's's litter box, and she lit(t)erally stepped in and took a peas while I was sifting through it. forking weird beast.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 12:09 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

joshua wrote:
what the hell is with cats?

I was cleaning puckles's's litter box, and she lit(t)erally stepped in and took a peas while I was sifting through it. forking weird beast.

lolrude

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 3:50 pm 
Hip Goiter

How do people know what they want in life?
Serious question. I am the most indecisive/uncertain person ever today. Not today.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:36 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

RandiJM wrote:
Serious question. I am the most indecisive/uncertain person ever today. Not today.

When it comes to most things I am very decisive, I'm not sure why but I just am, but when its something huge like "what do I want to do with my life" I'm a complete ditherer.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 4:46 pm 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

RandiJM wrote:

I have no idea how anyone decides on a life-long career! I decided I just wanted to be happy and if that means I skip from job to job (or the current funemployed/self employed/activism/travel thing I'm currently doing) every few years as I get bored / over what I'm doing then that's cool with me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:07 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

RandiJM wrote:

I don't have anything concrete, but I know direction. I have milemarkers and other measures to make sure I'm on the right path (in short: "is where I am now where I'd be happy about when I'm on my death bed?", or "if I died now, would I die content?"). I don't believe I'll ever know what I want beyond handwavey things like 'being content' or 'financially secure' etc, and that's okay to me!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:31 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I've been asking myself that question for a while. I haven't come up with a workable answer.

I was supposed to go to Europe with my bff in April, but we've had to postpone for totally understandable reasons. Her dad has to have a liver transplant, and since she doesn't know when it's gonna happen (and therefore when she'll need to go back to the US), we don't want to waste the money paying for planes and hotels and such in case she has to be there at the time we'd planned. It's not a thing I could just do by myself if she had to back out because it's for her 35th birthday. It's disappointing because we were both really looking forward to it, but obviously her family takes precedence, and we can go another time. And that just means I'll have more money to spend on my trip to NYC!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:40 pm 
Hip Goiter

Thanks for the responses :) I'm feeling so untethered lately. And it's funny, career path is the one thing I'm ok with. Everything else is tripping me up. LA LA LA.

Rachell when is NYC??

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:45 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I hate Sundays. I am always super depressed from having had a crappy weekend (not that I ever do anything to change that, so I shouldn't whine about it) and unhappy about going back to work on Monday (which also doesn't make huge sense since I basically like and enjoy my job).

I haven't been motivated to do anything much all weekend and what I have done has stretched out just because I have so little will to actually do anything. Still need to make some GED lesson plans. I was supposed to make some fault block models for a lab, but forgot to finish painting and gluing so my dad could make the cuts (I am terrified of blades). Now I'm ashamed that he did it for me.

I kind of want to throw everything away in here. I wonder what the best way to get rid of books is

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 5:59 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

This made me think of the PPK: http://www.themarysue.com/things-we-saw-today-415/

Twin Peaks inspired clothing, including Log Lady leggings!

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 6:56 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
I hate Sundays. I am always super depressed from having had a crappy weekend (not that I ever do anything to change that, so I shouldn't whine about it) and unhappy about going back to work on Monday (which also doesn't make huge sense since I basically like and enjoy my job).

I haven't been motivated to do anything much all weekend and what I have done has stretched out just because I have so little will to actually do anything. Still need to make some GED lesson plans. I was supposed to make some fault block models for a lab, but forgot to finish painting and gluing so my dad could make the cuts (I am terrified of blades). Now I'm ashamed that he did it for me.

I kind of want to throw everything away in here. I wonder what the best way to get rid of books is

Try here: http://www.bookscouter.com/
Make some money and buy something pretty. Then go and have fun!

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:38 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Vantine wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

That's a great link. Thanks!

Sadly, most of the books I'm now considering clutter are just mass market paperbacks of the sort that sell for .01 used on Amazon (mostly by people who steal postage from work, I assume). Donating them to someone who might want them is probably the best course of action (they are all great condition and mostly major romance/mystery authors)

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:42 pm 
Hearts James Cromwell

Amazon raised it's Free Shipping price from $25 to $35. Looks like I'll be getting cookbooks elsewhere.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:48 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

The skating rink in town is up and running and has a big pile of snow (or ice shavings I guess, but it looks like snow) outside. Today I went by and there were 2 people with shovels shoveling the snow into the back of their SUV. They had a tarp down on the inside of their car and the back was all filled with snow. I wonder what they are going to do with it! Build a giant snowman? Have a snowball fight? Cover a small hill with it and go sledding? I've spent all day considering the possibilities, and all I know is that now I want to steal a big pile of snow too.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 7:54 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I feel like you always have the most interesting observations/stories, RC. There should be a whole thread for your life.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:11 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
Vantine wrote:
lavawitch wrote:

That's a great link. Thanks!

Sadly, most of the books I'm now considering clutter are just mass market paperbacks of the sort that sell for .01 used on Amazon (mostly by people who steal postage from work, I assume). Donating them to someone who might want them is probably the best course of action (they are all great condition and mostly major romance/mystery authors)

Try a nursing/assisted living facility. They usually need books. We take them at the public library and sell them in our book sale.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 8:28 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Iselia wrote:
Amazon raised it's Free Shipping price from $25 to $35. Looks like I'll be getting cookbooks elsewhere.

If you have some people you can split prime with, it might be worthwhile. My mom and I have been splitting it for years, even while not at the same address.

I've found that I actually spend a lot less since I just buy what I want instead of adding stuff I don't need to make up the free shipping amount.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:18 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

joshua wrote:
lit(t)erally

Ahahahaha <3

PostPosted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 11:36 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I'm feeling generally optimistic today. I moved back to my home town about 7 months ago, and I haven't really made any friends yet. There are several friends from high school that are still around, but of course those relationships are totally different now, and I don't see them very often. I've accumulated a good collection of acquaintances, but none have crossed the "friend" line yet. But I just have this feeling that my social life will improve soon. I'm taking baby steps outside my comfort zone, and it seems to pay off every time, so I think it's time to take some slightly larger steps and actually put myself out there. Scary/exciting.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 12:33 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I don't have any breakfasty things for tomorrow, so I decided to make the lemon blueberry cornmeal muffins from VwaV because they're my favorite. But about all I had on the ingredients list was cornmeal, so I currently have a majorly bastardized version in the oven (the only flour I had was chickpea flour, so I used that instead of AP with a tablespoon of cornstarch, maple syrup instead of sugar, strawberries instead of blueberries, and some lemon juice instead of zest). In hindsight (okay, and foresight) this was probably not the best idea, but muffins. Muffins are always delicious... right?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 1:00 am 
And you never will.

The best thing about peeling beets, is that when you're done and your hands are bright red and you're holding a shiny crimson beet in your hand, you can hold it up and let the juice drip down your arm and pretend you're an evil witch who just ripped the heart out of someone's chest, and scare the shiitake out of your husband with your evil witch cackle.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45671 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1630, 1631, 1632, 1633, 1634, 1635, 1636 ... 1827  Next