| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Sep 19, 2014 1:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1643, 1644, 1645, 1646, 1647, 1648, 1649 ... 1860  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 5:59 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Fee wrote:
omg how do you make chocolate pecan pie?

http://urbanvegan.net/2013/11/chocolate ... n-pie.html

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:11 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Fee wrote:

You take a raw date and put a sugar free chocolate chip in it and top with a raw pecan. Wrap in a collard leaf for a Healthy Snack that is Better Than The Real Thing.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 6:53 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

pandacookie wrote:
Fee wrote:

You take a raw date and put a sugar free chocolate chip in it and top with a raw pecan. Wrap in a collard leaf for a Healthy Snack that is Better Than The Real Thing.

Artificial sweeteners will kill you. One raw cacao nib or nothing at all.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:06 pm 
I Wanna Dip My Balls In It

pandacookie wrote:
sugar free chocolate chip

never.

never say that.

:(

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:16 pm 
Hip Goiter

pandacookie wrote:
Wrap in a collard leaf for a Healthy Snack that is Better Than The Real Thing.

Tee hee funnies!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 7:19 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

lavawitch wrote:
I can't make two desserts because nobody can eat all that.

Challenge accepted!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:02 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

hee hee. i have just received about 1 bazillion servings of Really forking Fancy Chinese tea. My friend the monk brought them back for me and he knows i'm a tea freak, so they're really amazing (green pu ehr and green anxi kuan yin tea).
meanwhile, i have worked LIKE A DEMON today. 35 pages in one day, which is something I never do, but this job is so forked to begin with that no matter how good a job i do, it is still going to be a mess, so i just did the best i could and got it done, because schedule wise i am forked.
can you see the perfect storm brewing here? [snort] I have been so jacked up on fancy green tea, and listening to forking robotic techno work-fast music all day, that i feel like a squirrel on crack. gonna be crazy dreams tonight. assuming i can sleep.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 8:50 pm 
Chard Martyr

Guys, why did I wait so long to buy the vegan queso? SO GOOD.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 9:14 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just ordered vegan chinese food online to be delivered. I have never been to the place and just found it through grubhub. I am hoping that I don't end up hungry with my identity stolen. fingers crossed!

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Tue Nov 26, 2013 10:47 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ugh, REI has some of their hiking backpacks like 50% off. Trying so hard to resist the temptation to buy one

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:08 am 
Dead by dawn

Biker boy is getting background checked to invest in a legal marijuana operation. The business plan is solid, they have a facility designed with some neat solutions for managing energy costs and recycling waste water and stuff, and goodness knows there's a market for the product so it sounds like a good investment. But if he does end up buying an interest in the company he won't let me tell people who ask what my boyfriend does that he's a marijuana kingpin. Meanie.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:38 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I am deciding which books of mine to sell (because I need to pay bills and stuff) and it's making me very sad. I used to have so many books and now I have so few because I keep on culling them like this.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 8:15 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I still use livejournal from time to time and just had to delete someone I used to care a lot about. She's become evangelical christian in the past months (from being agnostic) and it's so horrible and she just posted a "Im obviously not biased, since I've seen both sides" shiitake post. And I feel so yucky now, but I can't do this stuff to my brain now. I feel so so sad for her. :( She became christian through this weirdo abusive guy who made her break up with her long time boyfriend ... and it's just all so sad and depressing, to see her try to escape her mental illness through evangelicism, when that's just a more accepted way.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 9:58 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I am getting so excited for the holidays. Last year was not a lot of fun, with the moving and being broke. But this year there is a little extra. And it is my house so I can do what ever I want.
And all the baking. It is going to good.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:02 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

It's 4pm and I am eating leftover pumpkin risotto. Not ashamed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:06 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

pandacookie wrote:
Fee wrote:

You spelled "sugar free carob chip" wrong.

I guess I have a Twitter now

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 11:30 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

monkeytoes wrote:
Biker boy is getting background checked to invest in a legal marijuana operation. The business plan is solid, they have a facility designed with some neat solutions for managing energy costs and recycling waste water and stuff, and goodness knows there's a market for the product so it sounds like a good investment. But if he does end up buying an interest in the company he won't let me tell people who ask what my boyfriend does that he's a marijuana kingpin. Meanie.

Please make sure he's talked with a lawyer before he commits! NO MARIJUANA IS LEGAL UNDER FEDERAL LAW, and they do crack down on operations that are state legal all the time, sadly.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:16 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

jordanpattern wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

Please make sure he's talked with a lawyer before he commits! NO MARIJUANA IS LEGAL UNDER FEDERAL LAW, and they do crack down on operations that are state legal all the time, sadly.

As I understood it's now legal to grow and sell medicinal in Oregon and Washington state. That's why monkeytoes says legal operation. As long as the business doesn't sell or ship outside the state they're legal and safe.

I've also heard from medicinal users that it's not likely to be prosecuted for possession of some weed if you carry your weed outside your state cause it's legal in your home state.
(don't carry pounds of it though)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:22 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Veg_Eric wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

As I understood it's now legal to grow and sell medicinal in Oregon and Washington state. That's why monkeytoes says legal operation. As long as the business doesn't sell or ship outside the state they're legal and safe.

I've also heard from medicinal users that it's not likely to be prosecuted for possession of some weed if you carry your weed outside your state cause it's legal in your home state.

This is not the case. Even if it IS legal in your state, because it is illegal at the federal level they can still come in and make trouble. Which is why it needs to be legal at the federal level.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:25 pm 
A Bad Person

Veg_Eric wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:

jordanpattern wrote:
NO MARIJUANA IS LEGAL UNDER FEDERAL LAW, and they do crack down on operations that are state legal all the time, sadly.

Just to reiterate. Any state can legalize marijuana but it won't stop the DEA from kicking in your doors and dragging you off for drug trafficking charges until the federal government legalizes it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:41 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yeah, he knows that. They did a huge sweep of medical marijuana retailers in Seattle a couple years ago, shortly after the one in SF shut so many down. Our understanding is that the Feds have said they won't interfere in WA or CO law as long as product isn't leaving the state. He'd be a silent partner and not involved in growing or anything like that, just putting up some money, but it's definitely worth exploring with an attorney. I think the problem is that, until it's all put into practice, nobody really knows what will happen. We know how the WA statute is written, there are lawyers on local news specials all the time talking about why they are comfortable with the new law, and we know the federal government has said they'd stay out of it, but that doesn't mean things won't change a year or five down the road and the law hasn't been tested in court.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:45 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

In 2008 when Obama was elected he said the federal government would no longer raid marijauna growers in states where it was legal, yet they did. I wouldn't take their word on not raiding in any state as long as it's illegal on the federal level.

Eta-I think it was when he was running for president actually.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 12:51 pm 
Dead by dawn

Yeah, if it was just the word of the Feds, no one would be just taking it at face value. I can't speak to CO, but here in WA there's a whole legal community that's coalesced around legal marijuana and the people who are working through the state's licensing requirements are relying on their interpretations of how the law is written, what the federal government is actually saying, etc... No one knows for sure how it will play out but I think everyone's bigger worry is repeal and where that would leave them, versus getting busted by the DEA.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:06 pm 
Dead by dawn

I guess I should be cleaning my house since Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:32 pm 
And you never will.

monkeytoes wrote:
Thanksgiving is tomorrow.

You shut your mouth!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46479 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1643, 1644, 1645, 1646, 1647, 1648, 1649 ... 1860  Next