| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1644, 1645, 1646, 1647, 1648, 1649, 1650 ... 1842  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:37 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I have to pee. But I can't leave the office right now. ARGH!

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 2:57 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Y'all. The internet is being especially annoying today. I might not make it through the day without terrible things happening.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:24 pm 
And you never will.

I did it! In 19 hours I made 3 pumpkin pies, 1 GF pumpkin pie, 3 pecan pies, 1 apple pie, 2 chocolate pudding pies, 1 cappuccino mousse pie, 1 chocolate pb pretzel tart, 1 Jokerz cake, 1 triple chocolate cake, 1 pb bomb cake, 1 dozen caramel vanilla cupcakes, and 1 pan of chess bars. AND I got three hours of sleep! AND I have two hours to spare!

Now I can't decide if I want to take a shower or a nap before delivering these things (haha, just kidding, I'm totally taking a nap).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:28 pm 
Hip Goiter

Congratulations!!! You're so awesome! (Since I didn't get my hand delivered pie, when I visit Memphis in January I expect lots of pies. (I will probably order 21. Prepare.) Jokerz?? Choc pb pretzel?? You are like a Thanksgiving miracle.)

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:30 pm 
And you never will.

RandiJM wrote:
Congratulations!!! You're so awesome! (Since I didn't get my hand delivered pie, when I visit Memphis in January I expect lots of pies. (I will probably order 21. Prepare.) Jokerz?? Choc pb pretzel?? You are like a Thanksgiving miracle.)

YOU ARE COMING TO MEMPHIS IN JANUARY OMG IT'S LIKE MY BIRTHDAY (NO SERIOUSLY MY BIRTHDAY IS IN JANUARY) OMGGGG.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:36 pm 
Dead by dawn

Poopie, you're amazing. Seriously.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:39 pm 
Chard Martyr

I want poopie pies.

You know what I mean.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:43 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Only on PPK you will find people who want poopie pies.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:46 pm 
Chard Martyr

daisychain wrote:
Only on PPK you will find people who want poopie pies.
... and know what that means!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:48 pm 
WELFARIST!

Poopie must be pooped! Good going! <3 <3 <3 (also: caramel vanilla cupcakes - OMGZ).

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:48 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

poopie, you are amazing! I want poopie pies too.

(Interesting storefront name. I wonder if that would be approved by the registry - I better get back to work)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:49 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

oh man, I just remembered I wanted to attempt a vegan cherpumple cake this Thanksgiving.... maybe for Christmas!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:50 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Veg_Eric wrote:
jordanpattern wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
Biker boy is getting background checked to invest in a legal marijuana operation. The business plan is solid, they have a facility designed with some neat solutions for managing energy costs and recycling waste water and stuff, and goodness knows there's a market for the product so it sounds like a good investment. But if he does end up buying an interest in the company he won't let me tell people who ask what my boyfriend does that he's a marijuana kingpin. Meanie.

Please make sure he's talked with a lawyer before he commits! NO MARIJUANA IS LEGAL UNDER FEDERAL LAW, and they do crack down on operations that are state legal all the time, sadly.

As I understood it's now legal to grow and sell medicinal in Oregon and Washington state. That's why monkeytoes says legal operation. As long as the business doesn't sell or ship outside the state they're legal and safe.

I've also heard from medicinal users that it's not likely to be prosecuted for possession of some weed if you carry your weed outside your state cause it's legal in your home state.
(don't carry pounds of it though)

It is legal according to some state laws. It is still illegal according to federal laws. That is, a person may not be prosecuted by state bodies, but may be prosecuted federally.

I know a good deal about this subject.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 3:54 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

monkeytoes wrote:
Yeah, he knows that. They did a huge sweep of medical marijuana retailers in Seattle a couple years ago, shortly after the one in SF shut so many down. Our understanding is that the Feds have said they won't interfere in WA or CO law as long as product isn't leaving the state. He'd be a silent partner and not involved in growing or anything like that, just putting up some money, but it's definitely worth exploring with an attorney. I think the problem is that, until it's all put into practice, nobody really knows what will happen. We know how the WA statute is written, there are lawyers on local news specials all the time talking about why they are comfortable with the new law, and we know the federal government has said they'd stay out of it, but that doesn't mean things won't change a year or five down the road and the law hasn't been tested in court.

I'm sorry to be all crazy. I worked defending medical/legal marijuana growers, users, and assorted other types involved in CA. The feds there also issued all kinds of memos and made all kinds of statements about how they weren't going to go after people who were following state law, etc. etc. etc. and then they just did. Obviously, you and biker boy are smart cookies. I just know a lot of smart people who have lost money or worse because you simply can't trust the feds on this issue, and in California, anyway, with larger operations, the feds went after the peripheral people (landlords, investors, etc.) first. Anyway, information is power, and good luck to you! :)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:12 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Yep. They even went after Oaksterdam, for cripes sake. You are basically at the mercy of the federal government. Obama specifically promised not to allocate any federal resources to legal marijuana, and then he reneged on that promise (again, see Oaksterdam).

(This issue is one that really, really peas me off. I think that all the people rabidly opposed to medical marijuana need to spend a week or month or even an hour dealing with some of the conditions that it has been proven to help.)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:14 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

What is cherpumple?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:14 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

poopiebitch wrote:
I did it! In 19 hours I made 3 pumpkin pies, 1 GF pumpkin pie, 3 pecan pies, 1 apple pie, 2 chocolate pudding pies, 1 cappuccino mousse pie, 1 chocolate pb pretzel tart, 1 Jokerz cake, 1 triple chocolate cake, 1 pb bomb cake, 1 dozen caramel vanilla cupcakes, and 1 pan of chess bars. AND I got three hours of sleep! AND I have two hours to spare!

Now I can't decide if I want to take a shower or a nap before delivering these things (haha, just kidding, I'm totally taking a nap).

Congratulations, thats a massive achievement

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:16 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

poopie, you amaze me and make me hungry!

Did I just come on to you?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:18 pm 
Dead by dawn

jordanpattern wrote:
monkeytoes wrote:
Yeah, he knows that. They did a huge sweep of medical marijuana retailers in Seattle a couple years ago, shortly after the one in SF shut so many down. Our understanding is that the Feds have said they won't interfere in WA or CO law as long as product isn't leaving the state. He'd be a silent partner and not involved in growing or anything like that, just putting up some money, but it's definitely worth exploring with an attorney. I think the problem is that, until it's all put into practice, nobody really knows what will happen. We know how the WA statute is written, there are lawyers on local news specials all the time talking about why they are comfortable with the new law, and we know the federal government has said they'd stay out of it, but that doesn't mean things won't change a year or five down the road and the law hasn't been tested in court.

I'm sorry to be all crazy. I worked defending medical/legal marijuana growers, users, and assorted other types involved in CA. The feds there also issued all kinds of memos and made all kinds of statements about how they weren't going to go after people who were following state law, etc. etc. etc. and then they just did. Obviously, you and biker boy are smart cookies. I just know a lot of smart people who have lost money or worse because you simply can't trust the feds on this issue, and in California, anyway, with larger operations, the feds went after the peripheral people (landlords, investors, etc.) first. Anyway, information is power, and good luck to you! :)

I don't think you're being all crazy! And I definitely appreciate having your perspective. He's prepared to lose the money because you have to be if you're investing in any kind of start up. But I will talk to him about what research he and the company owners have done into the legal risks, and how he arrived at the comfort level he has.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:28 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

I reached my 1300th sale with Panda With Cookie today. I've had my shop for just over 5 years and have kept it going almost continuously during that time. I am proud of the effort I've put into it all these years when it would have been easier at times to just not keep working. Small business pride solidarity!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:37 pm 
Chard Martyr

good job, pc!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:43 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Ruby Rose wrote:
What is cherpumple?

A very long black wig that one wears while belting out "I Got You Babe".

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:55 pm 
And you never will.

Thank you everybody! I'm pretty surprised I pulled it off, to be honest.

paprikapapaya wrote:
Did I just come on to you?

How YOU doin'? *wink*

pandacookie wrote:
I reached my 1300th sale with Panda With Cookie today. I've had my shop for just over 5 years and have kept it going almost continuously during that time. I am proud of the effort I've put into it all these years when it would have been easier at times to just not keep working. Small business pride solidarity!

Holy shiitake, panders - that is seriously amazing, you have worked so hard and I applaud you! Yes we can!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 4:58 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Congrats Panders! that's so awesome. I love your stuff and the world is a better place with pirate carrot cat toys in it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 5:40 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Way to go, Panda!

My unrelated post is that I said I wasn't going to really do thanksgiving stuff, since we're going to my boyfriend's for the day, and doing it potluck style. Well, I lied. I have a tofurky and brussel sprouts in the oven, and I've already made a shepherd's pie (for the potluck), cranberry sauce, gravy, stuffing, and two pumpkin pies. Leftovers are going to be epic.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46047 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1644, 1645, 1646, 1647, 1648, 1649, 1650 ... 1842  Next