| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 6:28 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1660, 1661, 1662, 1663, 1664, 1665, 1666 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:09 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Haha, thanks. Yeah, usually my boss tells me to bring my own food to things where lunches are served (her view is that people with special diets are used to bringing their own food anyway, so better to not put out the person making the food - awesome, I know), but my other sort of boss/friend of 14 years told me that he put himself in charge of the vegan stuff so that I would have something to eat. He's kind of awesome. Also, if you want me to up the adorable ante, I totally turned bright red BOTH times I won the stuff.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 5:59 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

I applied for the job yesterday and have been solicited to apply for another job. Which is actually slightly more up my alley than the first one. It's a project coordinator position. Downside? It's in the BURBS. And I refuse to own a car. (But is not impossible to get to)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:09 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I am so forking tired. I haven't been sleeping well (waking up at least twice a night, more often four-five times) for almost a month now. I'm exhausted when sleep isn't possible, but wide awake as soon as I can lay down- I can't even shut my eyes. I'm sick of it. I've tried staying sober, drinking chamomile, dousing my system in NyQuil, getting wasted, not eating, eating, avoiding caffeine all day (to my head's detriment)...nothing works. I'm going insane with exhaustion. Today at work, I nearly sat down on the floor of the back room and started crying. The only thing that stopped me was that my coworker was back there, and he wouldn't have any idea how to handle that, as kind as he's been trying to cheer me up lately. I can't handle talking to my friends, much less customers, so I've been snapping and sarcastic this week.
I feel badly, but I just...I can't help it anymore. I can't handle it.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:33 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

missdelaney, have you tried melatonin? it's the only thing that works reliably for me. there's a time-release version that might be better for you if you're falling asleep but waking up later.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 10:48 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

poopiebitch wrote:
That's so great AP! What a lucky day - good for you!!

Also, I think it's sadorable (what? it's a word!) that you were so excited that you got food that you could eat at your work luncheon. Only a little sad because I wish we didn't have to count ourselves lucky when someone feeds us along with every else, but mostly adorable because, well, you're adorable.

I love this new word! Sadorable!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:02 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

acr wrote:
missdelaney, have you tried melatonin? it's the only thing that works reliably for me. there's a time-release version that might be better for you if you're falling asleep but waking up later.

Unfortunately, I am absolutely, pathetically broke until the first of the year except for thirty dollars for fresh veggies/enough beans and rice to sustain me. My coworker said she'd try and bring me some motherwort, 'cause that helps her.
I just want to sleep...

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:21 pm 
Semen Strong

That sounds horrible missdelaney! Do you have access to medical services? Is it anxiety related (racing thoughts etc?) or something else? Any new medications that could have this as a side effect? I would think that even getting a prescription for a sleep aid might be useful, given your description here. If you can't do something medical, could you try meditation?

Sending you lots of good thoughts.

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:27 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

thanks, 'fulish. I'm hoping to find some psychiatric help soon for this and anxiety when I go back to school, but right now it's just not feasible, even with insurance, to cover copays and any prescriptions. I haven't changed my routine at all! So this is out of the blue. I think it may be related to the lack of sunlight around these parts lately, but it's never affected me, in my entire life living here.

Also, sadorable is a great part of anyone's vocabulary!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:52 pm 
And you never will.

allularpunk wrote:
Also, if you want me to up the adorable ante, I totally turned bright red BOTH times I won the stuff.

Awwwwwwwww!!!

PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 11:53 pm 
Semen Strong

Have you ever read any of the anxiety workbooks out there? I really liked this one: http://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-The- ... 55&s=books

But on a cold winter night, when the wind whispers through the trees and a bright, white moon hangs heavy in the air, you might hear a sad cry like someone thinking he knows what's best for you, and that'll be the white man a-passin' you by. just mumbles

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:13 am 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

i'm proofreading a book about respiratory conditions, and i just read that sometimes children inhale their dislodged baby teeth into their lungs and they just stay there for years and years, and the kids get misdiagnosed with asthma or something and nobody ever knows what really happened, and i can't even describe how grossed out i am and i'm pretty sure i'm going to have a nightmare about my lungs filling with teeth.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:07 am 
Not NOT A Furry

acr wrote:
i'm proofreading a book about respiratory conditions, and i just read that sometimes children inhale their dislodged baby teeth into their lungs and they just stay there for years and years.

my life makes so much more sense now.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:55 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

HappyAsh wrote:
I was always a warm body until I got really ill. Now I'm a lot better but I'm still freezing at ALL times. The only way I seem to stay warm other than the hot bath bit, is my cancer causing, power wasting electric blanket.

Have you tried using a hot water bottle? I use mine all winter, I curl around it to fall asleep and it is the best feeling ever. The thing is still warm when I wake up.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:05 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Dad sent a very sweet email apologizing for the family sh!tstorm he caused this week. I am still recovering from it (and puzzling over pms), but wrote back to say thanks + I am still potentially interested in seeing him for Christmas, provided XYZ. Waiting to hear his response now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 5:06 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

aelle wrote:
HappyAsh wrote:
I was always a warm body until I got really ill. Now I'm a lot better but I'm still freezing at ALL times. The only way I seem to stay warm other than the hot bath bit, is my cancer causing, power wasting electric blanket.

Have you tried using a hot water bottle? I use mine all winter, I curl around it to fall asleep and it is the best feeling ever. The thing is still warm when I wake up.

I use the same trick, especially when sick. When I sleep with it between my thighs or my feet, I stay super toasty all night. (When I am really, really sick, I sleep with two.)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 6:25 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

What's the etiquette for sending a Christmas card to a couple who just broke up, the one they sent me is signed by both of them but they broke up after they sent it. Do I go with jointly because they're still living together right now? I'm equally friendly with them both if that helps.

Not-For-Profit Cupcakes: Operation Icing.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:27 am 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Do you write notes inside or just sign your name? If just the sign I'd do one card, if you write notes do two. I'd imagine getting one card wouldn't bother them too much if they're still living together, if it were super nasty and unfriendly and joint mail pissed them off, one of them would've left.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 8:54 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Tofulish wrote:
Have you ever read any of the anxiety workbooks out there? I really liked this one: http://www.amazon.com/Feeling-Good-The- ... 55&s=books

This book is what I would call my bible! Mine is dogeared and worn and so well loved. It's immensely helpful.

Also this one is my other favourite:
http://www.amazon.com/Anxiety-Phobia-Wo ... a+workbook

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:09 am 
Chard Martyr

I know this is probably a stupid question, but should I feel guilty about buying a (real) wreath? I am not sure what I think about its sustainability, but this lady is doing a pop-up today and she makes the most gorgeous wreaths, and also I'm scared she's going to come all the way out (work is in farm country) and barely anyone will show up and buy something. Jay is anti the wreath idea because it's essentially a living thing that will just die, but it's not like we get a Christmas tree or anything and I'd like to support this lady but not quiz her incessantly on the harvesting process of the evergreen branches she sources.

God, that really does sound like a silly question. I think I might buy a couple and bring them to the soup kitchen our work supports.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:12 am 
Chard Martyr

Buy the wreath! You're supporting local business and it's christmas!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 9:25 am 
Chard Martyr

acr wrote:
The quick-dissolve melatonin saved my sanity. I had insomnia for 10+ years where I'd either be ok falling asleep and then wake up every hour until about 3, and sleep for 2-3 hours straight at that time, or struggle to fall asleep and stay asleep. I take 1/2 or 1 quick-dissolve melatonin and sleep for 4-7 hours straight and don't feel that medicine hangover in the morning. It's incredible.

GUYS! I'm making cookies today. So excited. I love Christmas this year. All my shopping done. Feeling festive.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 10:16 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

I'm really excited for the next few weeks. Tonight is the charity function dress up thing, next weekend is T's birthday, and the weekend after that, we're going to Nashville!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 11:50 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

My nose is all stuffy and drippy, and I feel really tired (even though I got enough sleep). But I'm not sneezing much, so I don't know if this is allergies or I actually have a cold. Ugh. Blah.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 12:21 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I think most Christmas trees around here are sustainable. They tell you the farm they are from, and there are recycling programs for converting it into mulch after. We used to live near a little tree farm, which was weird since it was in the middle of the suburbs.

It still feels sad for the tree though. We haven't had a real one since I was a little kid.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 2:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

Hah omg...So I have 100s of friend requests on Facebook from when I first joined like 10 years ago, mostly high school people. I just got annoyed at myself for ignoring them all so I just accepted a bunch. Now this guy from high school sent me a private message: "Hey...did we go to school together? I don't remember you." That's all. Like...that was worth sending dude, thanks. Jesus.

Laughfrodisiac

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 44174 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1660, 1661, 1662, 1663, 1664, 1665, 1666 ... 1767  Next