| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Apr 16, 2014 12:33 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1672, 1673, 1674, 1675, 1676, 1677, 1678 ... 1766  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:34 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Rollin' rollin' rollin, Room-Ba!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 8:53 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

"I want you to get married so I can make you bride and groom Oreo cookie balls" -a thing my mother just said as she was looking at this recipe

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:20 pm 
Moving To Sheepshead Bay

pastabake wrote:
"I want you to get married so I can make you bride and groom Oreo cookie balls" -a thing my mother just said as she was looking at this recipe

Well, people have been known to get married for: love, security, money, connections, politics, insurance, green cards, and pregnancy, among other reasons. I don't see why we shouldn't add "so mom can make bridre and groom Oreo cookie balls" to the list of reasons to marry. If you need someone to marry, just post about how your spouse's future mother in law will make Oreo cake balls for the wedding, and you will have PPKers lining up to marry you. We are sluts for fancy vegan food.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 22, 2013 11:29 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

My next door neighbor is having some sort of party outside with loud music and conversation right outside my bedroom window, and I don't mean to be a grump but it's really forking annoying. And also puzzling because it's like 30 degrees outside. How are you not cold, seriously?! Go inside!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:51 am 
Chard Martyr

I'm so ready for a day off in the middle of the week. Working 6 days/week makes it feel as if there is no weekend for rest.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:18 am 
Ninja Master

I finish work today. I've been doing this job in one shape or another for 13 years, it's gonna be weird doing something else.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:46 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Facebook has been reminding me what a small world it is. My cousin's friend became an amputee in the Boston Marathon bombing and my friend's friend was shot in the Aurora shooting (Batman movie shooting). These are people they're close to and I see their comments on my friend/cousin's posts and it's kind of terrifying. It makes the tragedies so much more real, and I feel less safe with these connections, since it makes them seem that much more common.

(also I learned that when people are victims in these kind of attacks, they get super hateful trolling from these people who believe that the killers are innocent--even though the people defending them don't know them. How ugly do you have to be inside to send victims horrible messages?)

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:05 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

bastah wrote:
(also I learned that when people are victims in these kind of attacks, they get super hateful trolling from these people who believe that the killers are innocent--even though the people defending them don't know them. How ugly do you have to be inside to send victims horrible messages?)

They...what? That doesn't make any kind of sense at all! What do the messages say? "So-and-so is innocent, you're just pretending your leg was blown off"??

ETA I'm not saying you don't make sense, bastah, I mean the situation.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 10:28 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

jordanpattern wrote:
Kiddo wrote:
An apple commercial made me cry THREE times yesterday. (The one where everyone is staying at the big farmhouse and there's lots of little kids and they do fun things and the teenage boy is making a surprise video and they cry and oh god I'm tearing up again.)

That commercial was filed in my hometown (Edmonton, Alberta). They made it look way nicer and less awful than it actually is.

Oh, haha. I guess they can make anything look good for the length of a commercial!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:08 am 

dropscone wrote:
bastah wrote:

They...what? That doesn't make any kind of sense at all! What do the messages say? "So-and-so is innocent, you're just pretending your leg was blown off"??

Basically calling them liars and just insulting them in any way possible (like one of the people I mentioned gets messages even about how "ugly" she is). I guess with the Aurora shooting, they have these conspiracy theories that the government was behind it and another that liberals were behind it, because they wanted to change gun laws.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:49 am 
Just Loathin' Around!

baps wrote:
I finish work today. I've been doing this job in one shape or another for 13 years, it's gonna be weird doing something else.

Onward to new and exciting things!

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:00 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

bastah wrote:
dropscone wrote:
bastah wrote:

Basically calling them liars and just insulting them in any way possible (like one of the people I mentioned gets messages even about how "ugly" she is). I guess with the Aurora shooting, they have these conspiracy theories that the government was behind it and another that liberals were behind it, because they wanted to change gun laws.

People are awful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 12:07 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Thanks for the cake compliments! I have been getting texts over the past day from our friends that we shared it with about how amazing it was and how no one realized it was vegan until they realized that I was also eating it. Makes me happy (and thankful for Isa's pumpkin chocolate chip cupcake recipe). He liked the dinosaurs, I think.

Speaking of crying at random tv things, we were watching Long Island Medium last night and there was a story about a couple who lost their little boy when he was 7 years old, and T and I were both bawling over it. Then there was something about someone losing their dad, and we both cried again.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 2:13 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Awesome interfaith experience at the DMV when the woman checking my "6 points of ID" asked my daughter if she was ready for Santa, I explained quickly that we don't do Christmas, she intuited that maybe we do Chanukah, and we had a lovely conversation about her stress over going broke buying Christmas gifts and her appreciation for the very minimal gift giving I do for Chanukah and the possibility that going into debt did not define the Christmas spirit. It was lovely and so mutually respectful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:21 pm 
Nailed to the V

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
pastabake wrote:

Well, people have been known to get married for: love, security, money, connections, politics, insurance, green cards, and pregnancy, among other reasons. I don't see why we shouldn't add "so mom can make bridre and groom Oreo cookie balls" to the list of reasons to marry. If you need someone to marry, just post about how your spouse's future mother in law will make Oreo cake balls for the wedding, and you will have PPKers lining up to marry you. We are sluts for fancy vegan food.

I love this!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 5:47 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Now that I'm pregnant, it sounds like my mother's going to actually feed me when I visit, based on several frantic phone calls about beans. Last visit, I got a tiny pancake and five blueberries for breakfast.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:10 pm 

mollyjade wrote:
Now that I'm pregnant, it sounds like my mother's going to actually feed me when I visit, based on several frantic phone calls about beans. Last visit, I got a tiny pancake and five blueberries for breakfast.

She's spoiling the grandchild already!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:26 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

mollyjade wrote:

Totally didn't know you were pregnant. Congratulations!! And also congratulations on the bean news, I hope they're plentiful.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 6:44 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I didn't know either! Congrats, mollyjade!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:01 pm 
Naked Under Apron

Congratulations on the pregnancy! And the feeding!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:43 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Guys I am making a smlove pie and it feels like 2009 in here or something. PPKlassics!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:46 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

paprikapapaya wrote:
Guys I am making a smlove pie and it feels like 2009 in here or something. PPKlassics!

hahaha I always feel like that when I make my old favorites. Like the fauxstess cupcakes.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 7:50 pm 
Mediocre Tart

paprikapapaya wrote:

But can you eat the whole thing? That's the trick!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:17 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Bet you can't

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 8:19 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Ahahah I wish those photos of adamcrisis attempting it made it over to the new boards.

Profile WWW  

Reply to topic  [ 44134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1672, 1673, 1674, 1675, 1676, 1677, 1678 ... 1766  Next