| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Apr 19, 2014 12:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1673, 1674, 1675, 1676, 1677, 1678, 1679 ... 1767  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 12:01 am 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Oh hey! 6000 posts.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 6:00 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

paprikapapaya wrote:
Ahahah I wish those photos of adamcrisis attempting it made it over to the new boards.

Seriously. Didn't he only manage to eat maybe 1/3 of it?

Congrats, MollyJade! I had no idea either. I hope you're well fed!

So, I wanna do this thing for my friend's birthday in February, but I don't know how. I would like to post a clip from the Simpsons that isn't (fully*) on YouTube, so I can't just link to YouTube. I of course have the DVD with that episode, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to copy just that bit and, if so, how do I do that (on a Mac with Snow Leopard, if that matters)?

*Part of the clip is there, but it's not the funniest part, and I want the funny part along with it.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:58 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Fee wrote:
Bet you can't

I'm not taking that bet...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:39 am 
And you never will.

So far today, my day has been pretty good (and it's only 8:30!). The baby I keep is sleeping in the other room, poopieboy and I are hanging out and watching Rudolph while I drink my tea and we eat home-canned apple butter on homemade struan toast. I'm really looking forward to tonight, because the baby is going home early today, then we're going to order Chinese food and "Santa's elves" are going to leave a box at the door with new Xmas pajamas for poopieboy, a movie (Planes) and a packet of popcorn. I just know he's going to be soooo excited and I can't wait!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:41 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

ARGH the wait to give gifts kills me every year! I try really hard to get gifts to T., my brother and my sister-in-law that they will love and each year I just wanna give them early...it's so hard to wait! I am so delighted that the wait is almost over, it's like keeping a big secret (which I HATE doing).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:20 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

We were supposed to be able to leave at 3, but I had to make sure the night service was put on the phone at 3. It wasn't, so I had to chase the phone guy. By the time he got it all sorted, my bus had gone. Now I have to wait nearly 30 minutes for the next one (well, it's about 20 minutes at this point) because the buses are on a Saturday service. I would walk home but the weather is shiitake and my foot is sore. And everyone else is already gone. So that's just one more reason why I hate my job.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:38 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

THIS IS WHAT I SAW AT 7AM AND I LAUGHED FOR 10 WHOLE MINUTES.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:57 am 
Discovered unobtainium

Rachell, poke around at these reviews. There might be a free one. I have one called rip it that works great, but I got it free in a bundle of stuff. Otherwise it was $30.

http://www.macxdvd.com/mac-dvd-video-co ... ee-mac.htm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 1:07 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

I just found a dried mouse body under my couch. I am so glad I decided to eat after cleaning.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:44 pm 
Dead by dawn

I'm so glad I decided to read this thread while eating. ;)

I am channeling my inner poopiebitch this morning. I have blackberry pie in the oven (yeah, not Christmassy, but biker boy was rhapsodizing about blackberry pie a few weeks ago, so it's part of his Christmas present,) peppermint cheesecake topping for brownies in the fridge, and sparkled ginger cookies are on deck once the brownies are in the oven.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 3:15 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Kiddo wrote:
I just found a dried mouse body under my couch. I am so glad I decided to eat after cleaning.

Ahh! Poor you!

Also, weird, I was just thinking of my own encounter with a shriveled up mouse. When I was a kid, my mom worked in a nursery school that was located in a church. Whenever I was too sick to go to school, she would bring me to work with her and set me up in the church's "parlor". It was a room where the Women's Club met, and had a long meeting table at one side, and a sofa and armchairs on the other. Everything was pink and old lady-style. Pink carpet, pink sofa, pink chairs. I can remember one sick day very clearly, with my mother tucking me in on the pink sofa and telling me that I was NOT to get up and wander around, or else. It was stiflingly boring in that room, and the minutes passed like hours. I wanted to get up so badly, but I remembered my mother's warning and stayed where I was. Finally, the nursery school let out for the day, and my mom collected me from the parlor and we drove home. After we left, Lorna, the woman who cleaned the church, went into the parlor to tidy up. She decided to check for loose change in the sofa, and stuck her hand between the cushions. She felt what she thought was a candy wrapper, and pulled it out. It was a dead mouse. (Poor Lorna left the cleaning business to go back to school not longer after this incident. I think the mouse may have been a deciding factor.) I had been lying on top of a dead mouse for approximately 6 hours that day. Thanks, mom!

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 7:49 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

booberthefraggle wrote:

Your car is like WHY DID YOU WAKE ME UP JERKFACE???

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 8:02 pm 
Mediocre Tart

booberthefraggle wrote:

Swear tae scrod, I have been intermittently coming back and losing my shiitake laughing at this ALL NIGHT LONG.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 9:13 pm 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

rachell37 wrote:
paprikapapaya wrote:
Ahahah I wish those photos of adamcrisis attempting it made it over to the new boards.

Seriously. Didn't he only manage to eat maybe 1/3 of it?

Congrats, MollyJade! I had no idea either. I hope you're well fed!

So, I wanna do this thing for my friend's birthday in February, but I don't know how. I would like to post a clip from the Simpsons that isn't (fully*) on YouTube, so I can't just link to YouTube. I of course have the DVD with that episode, so I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if it's possible to copy just that bit and, if so, how do I do that (on a Mac with Snow Leopard, if that matters)?

*Part of the clip is there, but it's not the funniest part, and I want the funny part along with it.

I have a program called handbrake, you could see if there is an iOS version? My hubby has used it a couple times for copying DVD to DVD (totally legit, non-illegal reasons, I swear) but I'm pretty sure you could copy the DVD and edit the clip to length and upload through the same software.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 10:01 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Just recited the whole Fresh Prince opening rap. I've still got it, people!

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Tue Dec 24, 2013 11:40 pm 
Nailed to the V

let me tell you of a story about a man named Jed
poor mountaineer barely kept his family fed

oops wrong show - but that's what came to mind

Merry Christmas Eve to anyone reading. I'm just hanging out on the couch with my tree and Gilligan's Island ( I got tired of all the Christmas stuff) waiting for dh to come home from work and trying not to eat all the cookies. Kitties are sleeping.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 12:06 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

paprikapapaya wrote:
Just recited the whole Fresh Prince opening rap. I've still got it, people!

Me too! Also remembered how to tie a full Windsor knot the other night. Haven't done one in well over 10 years. WE GOT SKILLZ.

"Well! Fruit is stupid! These onions taste nothing like fruit!" -allularpunk

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 7:42 am 
And you never will.

I am currently letting my 3-year-old watch Netflix on my phone in his room, to bribe him into not coming out yet because my husband is still asleep, and will be sad if he misses fun present time (two of the presents were too big to wrap, so no telling poopieboy he has to wait). I am simultaneously the worst mother/best wife ever.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:42 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

You are the best wife ever, poopiebitch! I went to my workout and came back and my dad and brother still weren't up. My sister's woken my brother up and we'll do christmas presents when he comes downstairs. Gotta love traditions and how they evolve (this used to happen at exactly 7am and now its at 8:45).

Breakfast is pumpkin pull apart bread!

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:33 am 
Naked Under Apron

I'm wearing my traditional Christmas tee shirt with cats in Santa hats. I forgot my leopard and red Santa hat upstate however.

But otherwise I'm feeling pretty bah humbug. See very special clients thread.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 10:24 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

This feels like my least Christmassy Xmas ever. It's not that cold and it was sunny earlier (I'm in northern Europe, so the sun is already starting to set). We had one present to open and only because Mike's mum came down at the weekend to give us something. It just doesn't feel like Xmas - it just feels like the weekend, except that we can't actually do anything outside the house (since everything is closed).

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 11:12 am 
Nailed to the V

I told my hubby that this year I was going to train to run a 5k race (in September). So my Christmas presents from him have all be related to getting in shape for it. Lot's of nuts and healthy snacks and running stuff. I don't appreciate him enough.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 2:40 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I delivered meals on wheels with my mom today, and it just made me depressed. None of the people we delivered to had any family, and because of their age/health problems, most of them are confined to their homes. The first man we saw asked if we could stay and eat with him. We had to tell him that we had other people to deliver to, so we couldn't stay. He was just so happy to have other people in his apartment, even though we were only there to drop off food. The last house we went to was one we have delivered xmas dinner to for the past 4 years or so. It's one woman living alone with her cat, and the house is falling down around her. The wallpaper is falling down in strips and is literally held together by scotch tape. When we went in, there was this terrible odor. My mom finally traced it to the cat's litterbox, which was filthy. My mom asked if we could help out by cleaning the box, and the woman told us that she had run out of litter and that was why she couldn't clean it. So my mom and I went to the animal shelter and brought back litter and cat food. The woman was so happy that she made us take a tour of her house, and each room was more run down and depressing than the last. She kept telling us how she had turned on the lights of her tiny xmas tree especially for us. Anyway, I'm sad now, and if you have a neighbour who is alone, maybe today would be a good day to visit them?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 3:51 pm 
Chard Martyr

Awww, RC! I'm sl glad you were able to help those people out today! Jeeze. Big hugs to you and your mom.

Profile WWW  

PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 4:02 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

You and your mom are amazing people, RC.

Reply to topic  [ 44164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1673, 1674, 1675, 1676, 1677, 1678, 1679 ... 1767  Next