| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 30, 2014 7:54 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1688, 1689, 1690, 1691, 1692, 1693, 1694 ... 1849  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:01 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The sound of people clipping their nails is like nails on a chalkboard to me and I abhor people who do it on public transportation. And I've seen both fingernails and toenails done (toenails once only though).

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:43 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

blondiefk wrote:
The sound of people clipping their nails is like nails on a chalkboard to me and I abhor people who do it on public transportation. And I've seen both fingernails and toenails done (toenails once only though).

There's a woman in my (open concept) office that clips her fingernails at work and it drives me insane. WHAT MAKES YOU THINK THAT IS OKAY?

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:57 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Mars wrote:
Tonight we're going to take the ace bandage off and check out what's underneath for the first time. They said I could take it off to shower (bandages underneath are mostly waterproof apparently), and they said when I re-did the ace bandage it could be a lit looser if I liked. I'm looking forward to that because I feel like a good amount of my discomfort is in how tight this ace wrap is. However I'm still too scared to shower yet. I'm afraid the 'waterproof' bandages won't prove so waterproof.

Well. it's fairly gnarly looking! But that's expected. What I was confused about though is that underneath the ace bandage there's just some gauze and that's it! I'm not sure what in the world they were thinking saying I could shower? That sounds like it would be hella painful! Ah well, I think it's healing up fine though.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:32 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Good to hear, Mars!

I've decided now that whenever I get a package in the mail, I'm going to fill the empty box with fun stuff and send them to people. It's way more fun than leaving the boxes on the floor of my room forever. One down, three to go.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:51 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

There was a chemical spill (from a coal company) near a water treatment plant in the city 45 minutes away. Luckily my town gets its water from another source, but so many people, including friends and family of mine, can't use their water for anything except flushing toilets and putting out fires. Can't even use it if you boil it, or let it touch your skin. Everyone is freaking out, and it's pretty scary.

ETA: they also don't have any prediction for when the water will be safe again.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:11 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Woah, that's incredibly scary, AP!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:22 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Yeah, there's a state of emergency for 9 counties (including part of mine) and the National Guard is bringing in water. My brother, who lives at the center of the affected area is driving up to my parents' house today to pick up 30 gallons of water that they bought for his family.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:25 am 
And you never will.

Yay Mars!! Soon you will be shirtless allatimes. And yeah, that sounds super scary, AP. I hope they sort it out soon.

Right now not only am I cramping like a mother hubbard, but I'm also sick with what I'm hoping is just a cold (right now it's just headache, sore throat, nasal congestion, achy body, and chills). what the fizzle, body? And the baby I keep will be here in a few minutes (I told her mom I was sick but she's opting to bring her anyway), but all I want to do is go back to bed. It's all made worse by the fact that I can't even go to bed early tonight after the baby goes home, because I have to stay up to work on an order for tomorrow.

UUUUGGGGGHHHH.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:48 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

Aw, poopieb, I hope you manage to get some rest in there somewhere!

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:01 pm 
Semen Strong

Yikes, AP, that sounds terrifying! I hope they clean up the area and restore water soon!

Feel better poopieb! I hope you can get some well-deserved rest and recovery!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:18 pm 
And you never will.

Thanks you guys. Apparently the baby is sick too, so that's why her mom didn't mind bringing her. She tried blaming her snotty nose yesterday on the flu shot she got on Wednesday, but I'm pretty sure she just brought a sick baby over to get me sick, so that's awesome. Now I have a super-fussy sick 6-month-old to take care of while I feel like shiitake. At least poopieboy is okay (for now)?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:29 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Mars wrote:
Mars wrote:
Tonight we're going to take the ace bandage off and check out what's underneath for the first time. They said I could take it off to shower (bandages underneath are mostly waterproof apparently), and they said when I re-did the ace bandage it could be a lit looser if I liked. I'm looking forward to that because I feel like a good amount of my discomfort is in how tight this ace wrap is. However I'm still too scared to shower yet. I'm afraid the 'waterproof' bandages won't prove so waterproof.

Well. it's fairly gnarly looking! But that's expected. What I was confused about though is that underneath the ace bandage there's just some gauze and that's it! I'm not sure what in the world they were thinking saying I could shower? That sounds like it would be hella painful! Ah well, I think it's healing up fine though.

Glad to hear things are going well Mars!

- AP that sounds terrible, I hope all your family & friends are OK.

- Poopiebitch - that sounds awful, I have had the flu shot for 20 years and it never gave me side affects except a sore arm.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:33 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

It's infuriating as well as scary. Stupid coal company. They knew there was a leak and didn't report it. The water company only noticed when they could smell something funny in their treatment plant and then the DEP sent them a notice. They don't know how much was leaked or anything, and the coal plant is private property, so they have no access to investigate yet. Granted, there will be investigations and the company will probably pay x dollar amount, but businesses are being shut down indefinitely and are losing money, as well as the fact that they've endangered 100,000+ people's lives. It's all so forking corrupt. The coal industry just needs to GTFO already.

And don't even get me started on natural gas. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

(Sorry, these are touchy subjects in my area…)

ETA: my mistake, it wasn't the actual coal company, it's a chemical company that supplies the chemical leaked to coal companies. Still.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:43 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

That's really scary AP and infuriating that they didn't tell someone ASAP.

I have to confront someone and it's making me sick to my stomach.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 2:51 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

Confrontation always give me the nervous poops. Good luck, blondiefk.

For those of you not friends with me on Facebook, I would like to share that I made up my own algebraic equation to show students at what height to hammer in their nails when they hang work. All those times I said I would never use math in the real world, I was wrong!

(x/2 - y) + 58 = n

Where x = height of piece, y = measurement between top of piece and highest point of hanging apparatus, and n = height of nail. Boom.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:57 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I was just about to book my hotel for Brighton VegFest. For some reason, I decided to check the balance of my main account, even though I'm paying for the hotel from a different account. I somehow only have £5 left in my main account, and there's a £50 discrepancy between what I know I've spent and what the bank says I've spent. I have no idea where that money went. And now I have to put off booking the hotel, which leaves open the possibility of missing out on the one we want because it gets booked up. And that also means that I'll be cutting in to the train ticket money, which means I'll be cutting in to my spending-at-VegFest money.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

allularpunk wrote:
It's infuriating as well as scary. Stupid coal company. They knew there was a leak and didn't report it. The water company only noticed when they could smell something funny in their treatment plant and then the DEP sent them a notice. They don't know how much was leaked or anything, and the coal plant is private property, so they have no access to investigate yet. Granted, there will be investigations and the company will probably pay x dollar amount, but businesses are being shut down indefinitely and are losing money, as well as the fact that they've endangered 100,000+ people's lives. It's all so forking corrupt. The coal industry just needs to GTFO already.

And don't even get me started on natural gas. Out of the frying pan and into the fire.

(Sorry, these are touchy subjects in my area…)

ETA: my mistake, it wasn't the actual coal company, it's a chemical company that supplies the chemical leaked to coal companies. Still.

AP, that behavior drives me up a wall about fossil fuel companies and am also of the same opinion about fracking too.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:51 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I've been wearing a pregan wool coat in the winter for years. I ordered a Vaute Couture coat in the fall and that whole ordeal was an epic fail, but I just ordered a Hoodlamb coat because fork this it's too cold for my pregan coat. Anyone else have one? I know seitanicverses has one and she let me paw the liner to see how soft it is and I loved it. I hope it's nice!

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:28 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

joyfulgirl wrote:

I've decided now that whenever I get a package in the mail, I'm going to fill the empty box with fun stuff and send them to people. It's way more fun than leaving the boxes on the floor of my room forever. One down, three to go.

I love this idea :)

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:36 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

rachell37 wrote:
I was just about to book my hotel for Brighton VegFest. For some reason, I decided to check the balance of my main account, even though I'm paying for the hotel from a different account. I somehow only have £5 left in my main account, and there's a £50 discrepancy between what I know I've spent and what the bank says I've spent. I have no idea where that money went. And now I have to put off booking the hotel, which leaves open the possibility of missing out on the one we want because it gets booked up. And that also means that I'll be cutting in to the train ticket money, which means I'll be cutting in to my spending-at-VegFest money.

Figured it out! It was my Amazon Prime renewal, which I remembered was due to come out about a week ago and then promptly forgot. I'm such a numpty.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:56 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

You guys. I met the snobbiest couple last night. It was so weird. After work, I met T at a wine bar that we hadn't been to in awhile. It was filled with…not the sort of people I would usually hang out with. But whatever, I was there to see him, not interact with the 'elite' of nowheresville, wv. And I mean, we're both wearing jeans and just regular shirts or whatever. So when I get there, he's talking to this couple and introduces me. The man seemed nice enough, but the lady! She just kept staring at me, specifically at what little bit of my chest piece was visible. Like, I'd be looking at whoever else was talking (as one does?) and I could feel her eyes on me, and I'd look over and she'd just look me right in the eyes and smile, but with dead-eyes. You know? And I just kind of got the impression that she was being a tad judgey. About the tattoos, about the age difference between T and me. They even asked how old I was. (I look younger, so they probably thought even worse things that people think about people who date older/younger.) So anyway, she just keeps staring at me or whatever, and finally she asks, in this totally snide tone, 'Do you work?' As if…what? Does she think that T is my sugar daddy? HA! Hahahaha. Also, I'd arrived there just after getting off an 11 hour work day, where I'd been at 3 different jobs. But I very politely tell her all things I do, and then she jumps right into how she owns this dance academy and has her MBA (like it was a very big deal). T told her that I have my MA and that he also has his MS and I was like, 'Masters degree club!' and he and I clinked glasses, but she didn't want to and looked highly annoyed.

The best part is that on the drive home, T kept getting all indignant on my behalf about how she asked me if I work. It was all pretty entertaining.

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:17 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Ugh, allularpunk that sounds like the worst. However, there is some comfort in couples solidarity, right? Sounds like you handled yourself just fine. Are these people you have to see again or just random people T met while waiting for you?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:36 pm 
WELFARIST!

paprikapapaya wrote:
I've been wearing a pregan wool coat in the winter for years. I ordered a Vaute Couture coat in the fall and that whole ordeal was an epic fail, but I just ordered a Hoodlamb coat because fork this it's too cold for my pregan coat. Anyone else have one? I know seitanicverses has one and she let me paw the liner to see how soft it is and I loved it. I hope it's nice!

I love my hemp hoodlamb and it's super warm--on the extra cold days put the hood up and zipper zipped to the chin (maybe add a scarf and wear a hat) and you'll stay toasty warm! I would totally order another one once I outgrow this one or it wears out or whatever.

I watched a zumba infomercial earlier and I want to zumba!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:43 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

Should I try vegenaise with French fries? Will I regret it?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 1:44 pm 
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe

it's unregrettable. it's like fried potato salad.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46203 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1688, 1689, 1690, 1691, 1692, 1693, 1694 ... 1849  Next