| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 02, 2014 10:31 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1729, 1730, 1731, 1732, 1733, 1734, 1735 ... 1851  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 6:31 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

poopiebitch wrote:
Thanks to everyone for reassuring me when I was kind of freaking out yesterday! They had to spend the night in the airport, but they did get a flight out this morning (finally) and got to mr. poopie's sister's house around 1am (London time). Here's hoping things go smoothly from here on out.

Glad to hear they finally got there! What airline did they fly? My bff was on her way home to Newcastle from Tulsa and missed her flight (with Delta). She was meant to be home now, but she's currently stuck in Minneapolis waiting for a flight back to Dallas so she can stay with her mom until her flight on Monday. Apparently there are so many delays that they don't even have anything for stand-by before then.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:15 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

The guy who asked about my foster cat never got back in touch with us. I really want him adopted. He picks on my blind cat all the time.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 8:23 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I never listen to the charts these days, so I'd never heard Pharrell's Happy until people started talking about the Pomplamoose mash-up. Since yesterday I've watched the youtube Pomplamoose version 4-5 times and the original at least ten. Such a well crafted song!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:13 am 
And you never will.

rachell37 wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:
Thanks to everyone for reassuring me when I was kind of freaking out yesterday! They had to spend the night in the airport, but they did get a flight out this morning (finally) and got to mr. poopie's sister's house around 1am (London time). Here's hoping things go smoothly from here on out.

Glad to hear they finally got there! What airline did they fly? My bff was on her way home to Newcastle from Tulsa and missed her flight (with Delta). She was meant to be home now, but she's currently stuck in Minneapolis waiting for a flight back to Dallas so she can stay with her mom until her flight on Monday. Apparently there are so many delays that they don't even have anything for stand-by before then.

Oh no! I hope your friend gets home soon! They flew American. I guess everyone is having problems, so I'm glad they did finally make it in the end!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:21 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

dropscone wrote:
Since yesterday I've watched the youtube Pomplamoose version 4-5 times and the original at least ten. Such a well crafted song!

YEAH DUDE ME TOO <3 <3

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:42 am 

Star wrote:
I got fat squirrel

Me too!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 10:46 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

poopiebitch wrote:

I'm glad to hear that they arrived OK!

I'm having a weird day today. I spent the last 2 days cleaning the house and for the first time in weeks I have nothing to do on a Saturday afternoon, it feels weird. I'm off till Wednesday so I have 4 days of laziness ahead

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:21 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My bub Tristan just went to the vet! He bellowed and cried the whole way there....it breaks my heart every freaking time, because he's the World's Happiest Cat and he just hates leaving home so much. But he did so great, even though he had to get some dye in his eye to investigate a scratch and he got his shots. MY BABY. When he was up on the observation table, he was trying to get inside my coat and bury himself and his face into me. It was so sad!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 11:46 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

If you are ever sad I recommend just reading comments from Amazon, but you have to limit it to 3 stars or less if you are looking solely for amusement purposes.

I ordered VCIYCJ last night and found this gem:

This is a good cookbook.
If I had known exactly what it was before I purchased it, I may not have gotten it.
It has a lot of good vegan cookie recipes, but they're not necessarily very practical.
I will keep the cookbook and will probably use it at some point.

Uh, ok?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 12:55 pm 
And you never will.

Is there such a thing as wearing too much black to a funeral? The only thing I have that I feel is appropriate is a black dress with a black cardigan and black tights, but it feels like SO MUCH black. I'm wearing blue flats because otherwise I would feel like someone else entirely. It's for a reformed presbyterian minister's wife, if that makes a difference?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:00 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I feel like I am mostly immune to embarrassment regarding my sometimes very low brow tastes but I kind of want to unfriend everyone on Spotify because I realize that everyone is just being told that I listen to Taylor Swift CONSTANTLY. There are just some songs on Red that I really like!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:03 pm 
Semen Strong

poopiebitch wrote:
Is there such a thing as wearing too much black to a funeral? The only thing I have that I feel is appropriate is a black dress with a black cardigan and black tights, but it feels like SO MUCH black.

I would wear all black including shoes, but mostly you should do what you are comfortable with!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 1:33 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

poopiebitch wrote:
Is there such a thing as wearing too much black to a funeral? The only thing I have that I feel is appropriate is a black dress with a black cardigan and black tights, but it feels like SO MUCH black. I'm wearing blue flats because otherwise I would feel like someone else entirely. It's for a reformed presbyterian minister's wife, if that makes a difference?

As long as there were no specific requests, such as pink or dayglo orange, that sounds like perfect funeral attire.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:23 pm 
***LIES!!!***

poopiebitch wrote:

Is it warm enough to just ditch the tights? Or wear nude hose? Or even wear pants instead with a muted top and the cardigan? I don't usually see non-mourners in solid black, and I actually wear grey or navy blue suits when I conduct a funeral, but it really depends on the community you're in what's appropriate. If you are a mourner, I say go crazy with the black, it's never inappropriate.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 2:59 pm 
Semen Strong

What is the difference between a mourner and a non-mourner? I always just wear all black, even if I didn't know the person. Catholic tradition! Plus I lived in the New York area, and my closet is at least 75% black anyway :)

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:03 pm 

choirqueer wrote:
dropscone wrote:
Since yesterday I've watched the youtube Pomplamoose version 4-5 times and the original at least ten. Such a well crafted song!

YEAH DUDE ME TOO <3 <3

Haha, I think I have you to thank for tipping me off to this. Boing Boing were raving about the Pomplamoose vid but I think I saw yours first. Thanks!

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:12 pm 
And you never will.

Thanks for the tips, guys. I wore it and it was fine, but I was maybe wearing slightly more black than other people. No matter. I don't own any skirts and all my pants are jeans, and my only other dresses would be inappropriate, so I went with black. It was too cold to skip tights (plus I wanted something to cover my hairy legs and camouflage my tattoo), and the only two pair of tights I own are black and dark brown. And my only other cardigan is orange. Ha! Anyway, as I said, it was just fine.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 4:42 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Tofulish wrote:
What is the difference between a mourner and a non-mourner? I always just wear all black, even if I didn't know the person. Catholic tradition! Plus I lived in the New York area, and my closet is at least 75% black anyway :)

A mourner is someone who is actually in mourning. Usually immediate family and very close friends, everybody else is there to comfort the mourners and show respect to the deceased. . A little simplistic, but that's the distinction most religious traditions make and the one I think plays out in most communities. Being sad about a death doesn't make you a mourner, it has to do with the impact of the loss on your life.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 5:59 pm 
Impressive boner

Job applications are mind bending. How do I express that I was enthusiastic for a project I worked on?

I had the idea, started the project, canvassed for members of a working party, kept in regular contact with them, getting their opinions, chasing for information, setting and sticking to deadlines, booking all rooms and video conferencing facilities myself and locking myself in an office for a day just to write the draft paper.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2014 9:11 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Mars wrote:
what-arbitrary-thing-are-you

My favorite so far of these annoying, yet addictive buzzfeed quizzes.

I love/hate those things. My favorite thus far is "Who is your 90's TV boyfriend?" I totally got Jordan Catalano. I was happier than I should have been about that. Then one of my friends got Pacey Witter and started badmouthing him, even though she's never seen Dawson's Creek, and we spent the next hour or so in an AMAZING debate about Jordan vs. Pacey. Best facebook debate ever.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 7:46 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Cats by my side at 4am on a Sunday? Check! I am so excited to be watching the hockey game, even though it's freezing and the middle of the night.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 8:40 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

vijita wrote:
Cats by my side at 4am on a Sunday? Check! I am so excited to be watching the hockey game, even though it's freezing and the middle of the night.

Can you nap when it's over or do you have to work today?

I'm crampy and Mike is sick with a nasty cough. I need to go out (not least because nooch is 1/2 price at the hfs, but also for cough syrup) but I'm so unmotivated to do so. Ugh. Boo-urns.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:02 am 
Semen Strong

Ariann wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

A mourner is someone who is actually in mourning. Usually immediate family and very close friends, everybody else is there to comfort the mourners and show respect to the deceased. . A little simplistic, but that's the distinction most religious traditions make and the one I think plays out in most communities. Being sad about a death doesn't make you a mourner, it has to do with the impact of the loss on your life.

No, I get that :) I just meant that in the Catholic tradition we wear all black anyway, even if you're there to support or pay respects. It would seem weird and disrespectful to me to have some people not in black, so its interesting that it is the norm in other churches and faiths.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 9:31 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I have been attempting to write a discussion post for my class for 45 minutes. I have like 3 sentences and I keep getting distracted because I'm not fully sure I understand the question and it seems kind of silly. I hope I can formulate a response soon!

PostPosted: Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:41 am 
WELFARIST!

vijita wrote:

I was up at 7:30 a.m. to watch. Only missed the first ten minutes of the first period and it was still 0-0 so I caught all the action!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46263 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1729, 1730, 1731, 1732, 1733, 1734, 1735 ... 1851  Next