| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Sep 16, 2014 4:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1734, 1735, 1736, 1737, 1738, 1739, 1740 ... 1858  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 3:08 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
So my mom has been getting really into genealogy lately and is sending me updates that I don't really care about. She said something about finding all this information about her grandmother's family and how they were in Virginia etc. in the 18th and 19th centuries, and I made some snide comment about "great, it's always good to know you may have had slaveowners in your family." So today she forwards me an old document she found that lists an inventory of some old ancestor's slaves. THANK YOU OH SO VERY MUCH!!! I was really looking forward to the day when I could find a concrete tie between myself and a human-being-owning piece of shiitake. I'm SO glad to know that I am related to someone who once saw no moral or ethical conundrum with owning another human being.

I am so mad at her right now.

I can only echo what other people have said. Don't be hard on yourself over what members of your family have done, most families (if not all) have skeletons in their closets, your ancestors actions are their own and theirs alone

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2014 11:18 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

my boyfriend cannot tell the difference between gardein chicken bits and tater tots....um?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:54 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I can't sleep, because it smells like skunk. I want to know if the husband smells it too, but I won't wake him. I hope it's not under the house! Why does it smell like a skunk when it's negative something degrees even without windchill?!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:49 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I thought doing a sponsered give-away on my blog would be fun but it's so much hassle and costs. And it's not a profit-driven blog and I don't think it will give me more visitors either...

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 5:50 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

missmuffcake wrote:
my boyfriend cannot tell the difference between gardein chicken bits and tater tots....um?

You mean when he's eating them he can't tell the difference? Or he gets mixed up when talking about them, buys the wrong one if sent to the shop for the other etc.?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:21 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I thought doing a sponsered give-away on my blog would be fun but it's so much hassle and costs. And it's not a profit-driven blog and I don't think it will give me more visitors either...

It will probably give you more visitors, I (and I'm sure other bloggers) often tweet about vegan related giveaways especially if they're shipping to Europe because so many competitions are US only. But I only tweet about them if it isn't a requirement of entering the competition because I hate that!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:59 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

The electrician fitting our new heating system has been here for two and a half freaking hours! I'm hungry! I need a wee! Go away!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 12:16 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

GreenDuck wrote:
You mean when he's eating them he can't tell the difference? Or he gets mixed up when talking about them, buys the wrong one if sent to the shop for the other etc.?

i baked then flattened a handful of tots to mix into our kitchen sink tofu scramble. after dinner he was like 'what were those breaded things'...me: "um, tots...?". he then said something like he thought they were gardein bits. maybe all the hot sauce/ghost peppers, salsa i used killed his taste buds?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:20 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

I've officially entered Crotchety Old Lady territory: I just wrote a letter to the management of the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco because their maintenance man is hosing down their plaza every morning and we're in a drought, dammit!

apropos, I just took a self-portrait and this is what came out:

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 1:44 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

bastah! Do you have natural gas in your house? Natural gas smells like skunk or rotten eggs.

I hope you are safe and it was just a cold skunk looking for shelter that you smelled. Or maybe ask your husband what he ate yesterday.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:49 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
I've officially entered Crotchety Old Lady territory: I just wrote a letter to the management of the Transamerica Pyramid in San Francisco because their maintenance man is hosing down their plaza every morning and we're in a drought, dammit!

I was born a Crotchety old man. Last year I made 63 complaints to Northernrail about their trains

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:50 pm 

Arisaig wrote:
bastah! Do you have natural gas in your house? Natural gas smells like skunk or rotten eggs.

I hope you are safe and it was just a cold skunk looking for shelter that you smelled. Or maybe ask your husband what he ate yesterday.

Uh oh! You know, it didn't smell like skunk at all outside, just inside the house and it was SO STRONG. I couldn't sleep because of it. We haven't been in the house since this morning, but things that I took out of the house smell like it (ick). If it still smells like skunk when we get home, I think we'll need to look into the scarier conclusion.

Oh and it can't be a skunk under the house, because we have a basement (someone wrote the post very late at night)

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 2:56 pm 
And you never will.

Today is my veganiversary! 6 years! Woo.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:07 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yay, congrats, PB! I hope now that your family is back that you have the appetite to celebrate!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 3:54 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

poopiebitch wrote:
Today is my veganiversary! 6 years! Woo.

Congratulations!

Goodreads

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:08 pm 

OK, gas company came out and there's no leak. That leaves a skunk (woman from the gas company said "that's a skunk, not gas" the second she came in and smelled it, but she still tested the house) or something that smells just like a skunk. So where is this skunk?!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 6:33 pm 
***LIES!!!***

Do you have an attic/crawl space it could be in?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 04, 2014 7:05 pm 

Yeah, we were wondering if it was in the crawl space. I don't think we want to go up there to see though...

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:10 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

I don't know why this drives me so crazy, but I hate "I just sent you an email" follow up phone calls. Either call or email. Not both!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:14 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

mollyjade wrote:
I don't know why this drives me so crazy, but I hate "I just sent you an email" follow up phone calls. Either call or email. Not both!

I write in defense of this only because I know several flaky and/or very busy business contacts who sometimes won't notice or get back to me unless I do both. But if you've established that you're very good with one or the other all on their own, that is super annoying! They should give you the benefit of the doubt.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 12:32 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Erika Soyf*cker wrote:
mollyjade wrote:

I write in defense of this only because I know several flaky and/or very busy business contacts who sometimes won't notice or get back to me unless I do both. But if you've established that you're very good with one or the other all on their own, that is super annoying! They should give you the benefit of the doubt.

It's a family member who also calls to tell me about interactions on Facebook. I do have a reputation with this person for not communicating well, but only because I've had to put up firm boundaries on when and how it's OK to contact me. Which is probably the real reason why this bugs me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:25 pm 
Ninja Master

I think I have pine mouth and I just read it can last for 2 weeks! NOOOOOOOO!!!!

On the plus side, we finally have heating in our house after almost 3 months of freezing and crappy space heaters.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:29 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

I am currently waiting on a budget meeting to end that is deciding whether or not I get a pretty serious promotion at the gallery. Don't want to go into too many details until things are finalized, so I don't jinx myself, but….MEETING, END ALREADY.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:33 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Oh baps, that really sucks! I hope yours is a very mild case!

mollyjade wrote:

My colleague does this as well and it's really embarrassing because often we are sharing clients and more than once the client has confided in me that they'd rather deal with me because she is so pushy with correspondence. It makes them dread an email from her because instead of having a few hours to think on it they know she's going to call them any minute. Then of course people stop answering her calls and then she asks me to follow up with them immediately because GASP she couldn't reach them at the time that was convenient for her. We are selling to our clients but not refrigerators or credit cards or staplers. We are selling very personalized events (mostly weddings) and people (as they should) need time to take those decisions very seriously!

Plus personally I hate being called, and I especially hate being called more than once or in addition to an email. Everyone gets way too many phone calls and emails these days. We are just driving each other crazy! I have a package waiting for me at purolator that arrived yesterday and I have had four emails and two phone calls about it, in addition to slip left on my door that tells me absolutely everything I need to know.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 05, 2014 1:50 pm 
Dead by dawn

I'm with you vijita and mollyjade. At my last job I would email clients who I knew communicated primarily by email and/or were really busy at work, but then if they didn't respond within like 20 minutes my douchey boss-type would demand that I call them. NO! I would hate me if I called after already emailing.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46431 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1734, 1735, 1736, 1737, 1738, 1739, 1740 ... 1858  Next