| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Tue Oct 21, 2014 2:10 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46807 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1754, 1755, 1756, 1757, 1758, 1759, 1760 ... 1873  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 8:03 am 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

Awesome! A cousin I haven't seen since 2009 is on business an hour away from here, and might be coming over for dinner. (He's been up since 4am to make the flight, etc. this way, so he's totally allowed to say no way and just sleep, but dudes!, I hope he comes over.)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 9:58 am 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Husband is sick, so I slept on our air mattress last night. So much more comfortable than our bed. I'm considering taking up residence on floor.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:36 am 
Level 7 Vegan

mollyjade wrote:
Husband is sick, so I slept on our air mattress last night. So much more comfortable than our bed. I'm considering taking up residence on floor.

My mom had that moment a few years ago. She just buys high quality air mattresses now, and sleeps better than she ever has. She puts it on a regular bed frame to make it look more legit.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 12:13 pm 
Chip Strong

Today was supposed to be a nice easy going day off. My sister wanted my help with taking her 4 month old for her first swimming lesson so I took the day off, planned to go swimming at 9:30 for 90 minutes, then meet my sister and give her a hand.
Last night I got a text message from her saying her cat seemed to have an abscess on his rear, so this is what I did today instead:

Left the house at 6:40 and took train to pool, swam for 90 minutes, then ran to the supermarket & healthfood store, caught a train back, ran to pharmacy for diabetes meds, went home and met sister, went with my sister to her house to get cat, went to vet with cat, went home to pick up niece, back to pool for swimming lesson, back home to drop niece off, back to vets to collect cat, back to sisters house to drop cat off, back home to collect niece, back to doctors for another prescription, back home to make food for tomorrow. Now I am having pizza and wine and have sworn never to take another day off work again

π

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 3:56 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I took a greyhound bus overnight from Oakland to Portland, sleeping very little. Now I feel the crash coming on and I'm not sure where to sleep. Their housemate is sitting on the couch. I'm sitting on a tiny loveseat that turns into a bed, but I feel weird making it a bed right now in the middle of the day.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 10:28 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i am kinda (okay pretty) bummed that my idea of a cat memorial video got nixed for a cat video fest.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 9:53 am 
WELFARIST!

I was 10 minutes late for everything that I had to do yesterday. Seriously, 10 minutes late for all three jobs. Just could not get my shiitake together. I hate being late. Luckily, my evening ended right on time, in a hot tub, with a glass of wine. Gah, I slept so good last night. And I don't have to work this evening, so T and I are going to do some gardening and burn some stuff in his new fire pit and make pasta with the marinara that his dad made for me. Pumped.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 12:04 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

In an effort to save money, I'd intended to spend only $25 per week on groceries for some time. Done that so far, but this week also did stuff I've been thinking about for about a year: bought a waterproof sleeve for my bike lock & WD 40; cleaned the bike chain & gears; gave away bras I don't wear and trashed an old sports bra; bought 2 new bras that fit; bought 2 pairs of pants on sale and a pair of shorts (not on sale). I'm also on top of all the bullshiitake US tax stuff I have to go through thanks to an awesome HR Block rep and have updated my CV/resume and proofed proofs for an article. I have terrible, terrible headaches and can't really sleep, but it feels good to get stuff done. (I wish I could sleep.) I wish I were totally recovered from the concussion already.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:09 pm 
And you never will.

I ate chips and salsa for lunch. Then I really wanted a beer, but it's, you know... the middle of the day. So I ate a whoopie pie instead. Now my tummy hurts and I still want a beer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:18 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Middle of the day beers are great!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:19 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

Yeah, have the beer!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:27 pm 
And you never will.

The PPK has spoken! I should probably have the beer.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 1:37 pm 
Chip Strong

poopiebitch wrote:
I ate chips and salsa for lunch. Then I really wanted a beer, but it's, you know... the middle of the day. So I ate a whoopie pie instead. Now my tummy hurts and I still want a beer.

Its always nighttime somewhere. Thats what I tell myself on those days I have a breakfast beer!

π

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 2:57 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

It's nearly 9pm here! Have a beer!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:18 pm 
Dead by dawn

Oh my god you guys, do you remember my friend R, who swam the Strait of Magellan last year without a wetsuit? Well I now know what a very adventurous, slightly crazy endurance sport enthusiast does for an encore. He's just arrived in Morocco for the 29th edition of Marathon des Sables, which is basically like 5.5 marathons across the Sahara over 6 days. I am simultaneously awed and scared shiitake-less (people die running this thing!)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:23 pm 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I was just talking yesterday with my mom and sister about how people get into that kind of stuff. They all think I'm crazy with the amount of cycling I do (I did a quick 30 mile workout yesterday, and they all thought that was insane, but really, that's a very unremarkable distance for me). They're totally active people themselves, and I told my mom how I remembered seeing her running for an hour every day and thinking that was so insane and hardcore, and how I didn't understand how anyone could/would want to do that.

Good luck to your friend, Mtoes. That does sound utterly insane, but I hope he gets what he's looking for out of it!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 3:43 pm 
Dead by dawn

I wish I knew what he was looking for out of it; I adore him but I really haven't figured out what makes him tick. Even from the perspective of our teammates, many of whom are repeat Ironmen, he's pretty out there! Considering that he and I were really starting from the same place when we met 3-ish years ago, it makes me feel like my goals for the year are completely reachable, so there's that.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 5:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I just found out that my sister and her family are going to NY when I'm gonna be there! I'm very excited about this. I haven't seen my nephew since he was 2 months old, and he'll be nearly 2 years old when I see them. Now we're trying to convince our brother to go too. Apparently they want to surprise Grandma with having all the grandkids there (she already knew I was coming, and my aunt's kids live in the area).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:02 pm 
Mediocre Tart

As part of the Commonwealth Games opening ceremony, Glasgow is going to explode 5 high-rise blocks of flats. I... what? SUCH A FUN TIME EVENT.

"I will take a drugged, sex-crazed, punk rock commie over Mrs. Thatch any day of the week" - Vantine

"I just finished building my Irn Bru cellar!" - Steffers!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 6:05 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

to really make it fun, they should keep the date and time a secret to have it be a surprise!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:18 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

a doctor at work today wanted me to, off the top of my head, tell her how many calories she needs to eat to lose weight and also tell her exactly what to eat for every meal.

that's not how this works, lady! it's not magic! my magic diet advice is sign up for weight watchers and start exercising!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:34 pm 
Inflexitarian

poopiebitch wrote:

I hope you did have the beer, pb! In my opinion, this kind of thing is the main reason to be self-employed and/or work from home!

(Not that I , personally, can usually have a mid-day beer if I intend to do anything else productive, since one beer just makes me sleepy and unmotivated, but I love being able to do other things during the day that would similarly be frowned upon if I still worked in an office.)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 7:47 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I can tell I've been too stressed out and haven't had enough quiet me time because I was annoyed at the server tonight for not realizing I wanted my check. (And took a long time leading to getting a later bus) definitely only a gripe due to exhaustion and stress.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 03, 2014 11:43 pm 
And you never will.

I totally had the beer earlier you guys! Thanks for encouraging me, because it definitely helped me get through the day. And then this evening I had two more because... beer. Now I'm torn between going to bed, or having yet another beer and watching Mean Girls on Netflix.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 04, 2014 9:37 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I definitely watched Mean Girls on Netflix 2 days ago. I don't know if it was just added, or I just saw it, but I was pretty excited about that! And I'm on kind of an Amanda Seyfried kick right now. (Mean Girls was the palate cleanser after watching Lovelace.)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46807 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1754, 1755, 1756, 1757, 1758, 1759, 1760 ... 1873  Next