| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Jul 24, 2014 3:56 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1765, 1766, 1767, 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771 ... 1825  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sat Apr 19, 2014 8:36 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

I also just applied my red lipstick absolutely perfectly... usually I get it allllmost perfect. Maybe it is because I'm wearing vinyl + fishnets and I haven't in a while! Goth/industrial clubbing time!!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:34 am 
Chard Martyr

coldandsleepy wrote:
Fooooork guys, this thread made me realize I was supposed to sign up for graduation tickets like a month ago. Hopefully the deadline hasn't passed yet.

I totally forgot about tickets for my Masters grad and my parents were pissed. But they lined up at like 6am for tickets.

UBC grad was the stupidest and most boring thing ever. I would never buy any of that shiitake they wanted me to. I did become BFF with the visual arts grad lining up/sitting beside me for 4 hours. We developed a rating scale for how interesting we felt that the phD theses were, complete with illustrations of the people we didn't want to forget.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:45 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

kaerlighed wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
But on the positive side, I went to a queer dance party last night with Strawberryrock and Mars and I won a bunch of sex toys!

Awesome!

this sounds amazing. Going to a queer dance party with a sex toy raffle sounds awsome, then add amazing PPKers and I'm not sure how the night could be better?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 10:46 am 
Impressive boner

Fizzgig wrote:
kaerlighed wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:
But on the positive side, I went to a queer dance party last night with Strawberryrock and Mars and I won a bunch of sex toys!

Awesome!

this sounds amazing. Going to a queer dance party with a sex toy raffle sounds awsome, then add amazing PPKers and I'm not sure how the night could be better?

Word.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:06 pm 
Not a creepy cheese pocket person

Simply_Love wrote:

And then I went to park in the parking lot in my apartment, but couldn't because the house next door to our apartment was occupying 3 (of 7 available) spots, even though they are not allowed to park there. I was just going to block them in so I could go get my bag and then just drive and park at school and find a spot later (oh, and to top this off, I found the parking ticket as I came home from running, and was sweaty) but then one of them came out and I made* them move their car so I could park. Because I am a grouch and was pissed I could't park at the apartment I LIVE at because they are douches and were parked there.

This is really more of a PFSERGERGE problem, but ehh.

*Okay, so I didn't actually *make* them move, I just told him that I knew he wasn't allowed to park there, and it really wasn't fair I couldn't park in the parking lot of the building I live at because they were parked their, and to not do it in the future. And then drove off so he could get out, and when I came back to take his spot, two of the house mates were out moving their cars, too. So I wasn't a total jerk...

I wouldn't feel a particle of guilt for asking them to move. I probably wouldn't feel any guilt for getting them towed either, though asking is probably nicer since you know who it is. You're paying for those parking spaces in a place where it's obviously difficult to find free parking.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:13 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

Finally took my camera out for the first time since last August and now I can't find my memory card reader. I finally have Lexi photos and I want to edit them dammit!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 1:14 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

mollyjade wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:
So I wasn't a total jerk...

I wouldn't feel a particle of guilt for asking them to move. I probably wouldn't feel any guilt for getting them towed either, though asking is probably nicer since you know who it is. You're paying for those parking spaces in a place where it's obviously difficult to find free parking.

I agree with this 1000%. You weren't a jerk at all!

I live somewhere where parking is generally a total nightmare and I will tell you: your spot is your spot. You pay for it! When I lived in an apartment and had a parking spot but no driver's license and no car you'd best believe when someone parked in my space I went knocking on doors. If I had friends with cars over it was almost always the only place they could park! (If someone in the complex knocked on my door and asked I was okay with it though if I didn't have friends coming over. I am apparently a curmudgeon easily swayed by good manners and sound a lot more social than I am.)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:07 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

+1 on the not a jerk about the parking.

I used to live in a condo complex with limited but assigned parking. People were constantly parking not only in my spot in the lot, but in my DRIVEWAY. I have no problem asking people to move their cars.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 3:49 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

I had a dream last night that I went to this fancy grocery store called Fairway and they had a vegan cheese section that contained every type of vegan cheese that exists in the world, so I bought one of each and it cost $200. Seems worth it.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:06 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

nice dream, ijdi...that does sound worth it.

I keep seeing that daisychain was the last to post in the Yard and mistakenly thinking she posted in the Playground and then I get all "ooo did DC have a baby or something? or a cute niece/nephew/other type of baby picture?" and go to the Playground and then there's nothing from DC. very confusing apparently since I have done it at least 3 times now.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:35 pm 
Chard Martyr

ijustdiedinside wrote:
I had a dream last night that I went to this fancy grocery store called Fairway and they had a vegan cheese section that contained every type of vegan cheese that exists in the world, so I bought one of each and it cost $200. Seems worth it.

I live across the street from a Fairway and I'm really excited for this new vegan cheese department I'm sure to find.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:58 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

There is a wegman's opening up in a couple weeks around here. Can someone re-explain to me why they're awesome/how they're different from whole foods, which is slightly closer to me?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:01 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

ijustdiedinside wrote:

Get extra Cheezly next time.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:17 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

lillianp wrote:
There is a wegman's opening up in a couple weeks around here. Can someone re-explain to me why they're awesome/how they're different from whole foods, which is slightly closer to me?

They are normal supermarket prices for when $7 is too much for a $4 bag of bread flour (same brand) but have more vegan items than an average store. Produce is nicer than an average store also but nowhere near WF.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 6:54 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

is there an instagram hashtag that conveys the message "please don't look at this on your computer, it will look like shiitake because my phone camera is old"?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 8:23 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Things I know now that I did not know this morning: My anxiety increases as my hunger does.
I wonder how much is psychosomatic.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:27 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

I made a spreadsheet of height data to send to my PI so she could discuss progress with the adviser of the lab.... and I have no idea what happened, but somehow between months, the seedlings shrunk? It's minimal. like a few mm different, and what I'm growing (conifers) grow really slowly, so this pretty much just means they didn't grow in between then and this was just user error when measuring. But woooops.

I finished the spreadsheet stuff six hours ago, but I'm avoiding sending it to my PI because it just looks so bad.

Blahhhhh. This is probably because of where they're planted/how I have to measure. But still, fffffff.

I don't meet with my PI till Thursday, so I have four days to worry about what she'll say. I'm hoping since there are about 8 months of growth left, and dry biomass and composition will be what is used to actually compare treatments in the end this won't be a huge deal..... or at least this is what I'll tell myself to feel better until then.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 12:38 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

madeleine.teacup wrote:
mollyjade wrote:
Simply_Love wrote:
So I wasn't a total jerk...

I agree with this 1000%. You weren't a jerk at all!

kfad wrote:
+1 on the not a jerk about the parking.

Thanks guys! I actually felt really bad, since they obviously have the same problem I do with finding parking. I pretty much avoid parking in my buildings parking garage at all times, because it is so freaking tiny and impossible to get out of. Plus, people don't park well, so it's hard to get into spots. The last time I parked there the only spot available was the one next to (a painted bright yellow) pole, and I bumped it and got yellow paint all over the front corner. (Thankfully it came off! My stepdad would have killed me--this is my parents car I'm currently borrowing). But, I still feel like if I have a need to park there (like when I discover a parking ticket at 8am and have no where else to park....) I should be able to. When I got back today, I saw two of their cars back in my buildings garage, so I think I'll mention it to my apartment manager.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 8:46 am 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

I have been deliberating over buying a high powered/high speed blender and finally took the plunge.
I managed to stop myself getting a Vitamix as I couldn't justify £425.00 but got a Biochef instead. Finally I can grind nuts without soaking first.

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 9:00 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

Simply_Love wrote:
I made a spreadsheet of height data to send to my PI so she could discuss progress with the adviser of the lab.... and I have no idea what happened, but somehow between months, the seedlings shrunk? It's minimal. like a few mm different, and what I'm growing (conifers) grow really slowly, so this pretty much just means they didn't grow in between then and this was just user error when measuring. But woooops.

I finished the spreadsheet stuff six hours ago, but I'm avoiding sending it to my PI because it just looks so bad.

Blahhhhh. This is probably because of where they're planted/how I have to measure. But still, fffffff.

I don't meet with my PI till Thursday, so I have four days to worry about what she'll say. I'm hoping since there are about 8 months of growth left, and dry biomass and composition will be what is used to actually compare treatments in the end this won't be a huge deal..... or at least this is what I'll tell myself to feel better until then.

Is it possible that the dirt settled?

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:27 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have this life problem where the cross-sectional area of a baguette is larger than my mouth. This impedes optimal transfer rate of banh mi to face.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:36 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

zwingtip wrote:
I have this life problem where the cross-sectional area of a baguette is larger than my mouth. This impedes optimal transfer rate of banh mi to face.

I think this is a common problem as I suffer from it also.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:43 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

zwingtip wrote:

900% more awesome because of the (little-known?) baguette filter.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 3:44 pm 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

Moon wrote:
zwingtip wrote:

I think this is a common problem as I suffer from it also.

Ditto. Clearly we need a support group, as well as funding for scientific research dedicated to finding a solution to this problem.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 21, 2014 5:02 pm 
Hoards Peppermint Jo-Jos

zwingtip wrote:

This is one area where I excel. I have a mouth big enough to accommodate sandwiches of any size!

"Tell me, what is it you plan to do with your one wild and precious life" Mary Oliver

Goodreads

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 45617 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1765, 1766, 1767, 1768, 1769, 1770, 1771 ... 1825  Next