| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Oct 01, 2014 3:44 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1789, 1790, 1791, 1792, 1793, 1794, 1795 ... 1864  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 9:53 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

poopie, that sounds rough, but it will be great when you all get to live there and eat cheezly all day!
vijita, you're going to be great! you know the cider biz like the back of your hand! i'm excited or you.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:05 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

After almost 3 years there is a cat in my apartment again.

Panda With Cookie

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 11:13 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

pandacookie wrote:

kitties are so nice https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nv3gmvrp84Q&feature=kp

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 4:31 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

pandacookie wrote:

DETAILS!

Thanks ijdi. This morning I'm feeling pretty confident. I have a lot to learn about things in Nova Scotia and the wine industry, but I can do it! My boss is really into training me very thoroughly, which I appreciate even though it'll probably be pretty exhausting at first. I'm actually excited to get back into the structure of a 9-5. My last job was like a 8:30am-6 or sometimes midnight 6-7 days a week. And on salary, so it's not like I was racking in any overtime. This is much more civilized!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 7:58 am 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

poopiebitch wrote:
It's definitely not set and we're open to most places, although one of my husband's sisters lives in Birmingham and we would ideally like to be close to her. We shall see!

Ooh! We have lots of friends and family in the greater Birmingham area, too!

The whole immigration-thing is so scary and heart-wrenching! I remember crying my eyes out when then-boyfriend-now-husband left for who knows how long (because he had to be out of the country to apply for the marriage visa -- this was 15 years ago), and wondering if my visa would be approved when I applied to move here. --> I think we managed it because we had some decent savings, but were going to beg some relatives to be financial 'sponsors' if that didn't work.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 9:53 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I am exhausted. Ended up in tears to my mom on the phone yesterday morning, so I felt kind of crappy to begin with. Since I felt crappy, I drank too much and didn't eat enough while at the pool with T and our friends. Fell asleep in the sun and got burned. Then ended up in tears again at dinner because a friend asked me how I was doing regarding the whole job thing. I work until 9 tonight. All I want to do is curl up next to T and watch Seinfeld and sleep forever.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:01 am 
Flat Chesty McNoBoobs

I'm sorry, AP.

I rode my bike 117 miles yesterday. We were participating in the Oregon Gran Fondo, which is basically a big organized ride, but some people race it. They start everyone together, so a lot of the ladies who get really good times basically latch on to groups of fast men. A group of 3 of my teammates and I worked together the whole way, without any male assistance. I'm really proud of us. It was a tough course, and we all have very different strengths, but we worked together really well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:35 am 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

Good luck in your new job, vijita! Hope it goes swimmingly tomorrow for you!

I started my new job today. It seems like it'll be really interesting, although I'm hoping there won't be as much showing-people-around-a forking-huge-building-site as it seems there might.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:45 am 
Nailed to the V

Two days till my biggest exam and I am past caring. I just want to sleep, I have studied so much, but I know nothing, I am stressed out of my mind and I don't know why. I want to curl up and watch rubbish on TV, or get lost in a mindless book, or something, I don't know, anything but this.

I think my problem is I know once the exam is over I don't get a break, I've neglected the house and garden so I need to sort that out, I urgently need to find a damn job, but we may be moving anyway so I don't know, I really don't deal with all this grown up stuff well.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:09 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

Gaaaahh how can it be so difficult to find a rose in this country? I have been looking at the most dreadful 90s'-style websites for an hour and the only place where this particular rose is available is California, although the hybrid was created in Germany in the first place. But now it seems to have disappeared from every German catalog I could find, and the only place I could find it is a private garden with a rather scary web design. And the owner says nothing about this particular rose except have a beautiful picture of it. I don't want to have to buy a rose from California, seriously.
I am officially frustrated.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 11:14 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

i have brought this up before but why do i attract flakey people?

my 'friend' wanted to swap cherries for zines - i was happy, then she stops talking to me when it comes time to set up a date. things like this happen to me...should i call people out on it? is it my fault for taking people up on their offers?

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 12:42 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

I'm living with my family again. I have no job or anything right now, so why do I feel like I have no me time? I'm blaming the fact that it's never quiet here. But it's just one more month. I can handle that.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:40 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Ugh, living with family can be so stressful. Sometimes even just knowing someone else is in the house is enough to make it not 'me time' for me...even though I love my partner sometimes I just need him to go away.

It is really muggy outside and I had to walk back and forth to court twice today, so now I smell really bad. I can smell myself and it is gross. I am thinking about doing my 1 phone appointment a little early and then leaving to do emails/drafting from home so I can at least change my shirt. Gross.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 2:51 pm 
Impressive boner

dropscone wrote:
poopiebitch wrote:

Moving to the UK!!

I'll remember that if I ever make it back to Brighton. Or give me a couple of days warning if you're visiting near Leicester any time!

The PPK can descend onto Annie's Burger Shack!

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2014 10:02 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

joyfulgirl wrote:
I'm living with my family again. I have no job or anything right now, so why do I feel like I have no me time? I'm blaming the fact that it's never quiet here. But it's just one more month. I can handle that.

One more month until PDX yeah?! I'm sooo stoked. I want to eat so many donuts with you.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:24 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

One of the members of my group project sent an email tonight saying how much she has enjoyed working with me and that she thought I did an awesome job on the project. She's a super sweet person, so I know she's being genuine. It's super awesome to be told you're appreciated.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:50 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

My weekend is sun/mon, and on sunday I left portland at 10am, drove five hours to see my friend, and monday drove back, got home at about 10pm. I really enjoyed my visit with her, and did get a good amount of time with her in that, but, ugh. I have to work tomorrow at 7am, and I really don't feel like I had a weekend. I am 0% refreshed.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:11 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Mars wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:

One more month until PDX yeah?! I'm sooo stoked. I want to eat so many donuts with you.

YES!! Well, one more month until I leave here and then a week or two for the trip. So I should be there around mid July! I'm bringing my buffy board game!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:29 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

pandacookie wrote:

One of the best things about my week! <3

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 8:35 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

My car is in the shop again. It almost died on me on the interstate. Acting like it's not getting fuel, which is never a good symptom in cars. T offered to let me drive his until it's fixed, and if I can't afford to get it fixed yet, I can keep driving it until I can afford it. I am so, so thankful for that.

Hugs to everybody else feeling stressed in this thread. We'll be ok!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 10:58 am 
Bathes in Braggs

poopiebitch, I hope everything goes well. What a difficult situation, hugs to you and your boy.

vijita, I hope your second day of work is going well. Starting a new job can be so exhausting, even if you are very experienced.

fizzgig - extra change of clothes in the office!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:25 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Mars wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:

I'm going to be in Portland in August and I'd love to go eat donut with you guys.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 11:29 am 

joyfulgirl wrote:
Mars wrote:
joyfulgirl wrote:

YES!! Well, one more month until I leave here and then a week or two for the trip. So I should be there around mid July! I'm bringing my buffy board game!

wooooooooo!!!!!

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 12:06 pm 

It's the end of the second day of my new job and I am sooo tired! Having to get up earlier is the first reason, and I'm really not a morning person, and I've not slept well through worrying about sleeping through alarms. Blear!

On the plus side, I'm now qualified to use an evac chair, and the training was kind of fun, though also tiring. Plus I'll be getting first aid training soon, which I've been meaning to do for age and never got round to.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2014 2:13 pm 
Shopped till she dropped

I'm closing tonight, and all morning I've been texting Fred random crepe, culminating with how productive I've been (laundry! calling old doctors to get records! dishes!). Then I realize I've been texting it all to a friend from work. Hahahaha! What a space cadet!

I GOT YER VAGILANTE JUSTICE RIGHT HERE. ::grabs crotch:: - DarthCupcake

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46594 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1789, 1790, 1791, 1792, 1793, 1794, 1795 ... 1864  Next