| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Aug 22, 2014 9:04 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46060 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1796, 1797, 1798, 1799, 1800, 1801, 1802 ... 1843  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:27 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I want to go home. I can't because gps still says nearly 3 hrs to get home and it's pouring rain so no open windows and it's 84 degrees here still, not a good combination with no air conditioning.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:31 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

lava: that sounds frustrating!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:35 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I keep feeling like I should spend the $350 to fix the air, but I need a new car and school is out soon. I will buy a car as soon as I have word on my job.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 4:43 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

I had such a lovely day. I got paid and I got a tax refund. So I went to the town that I used to work in and went shopping and met some ex-colleagues for coffees. I'm buzzing even though I've had a really long day. I even still had the energy and motivation to cut the grass and do a 6k walk. Not bad for someone who has been depressed since February. I love that extra kick of motivation I get after a medication increase.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2014 5:59 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

lavawitch wrote:
I keep feeling like I should spend the $350 to fix the air, but I need a new car and school is out soon. I will buy a car as soon as I have word on my job.

Stick it out, there's nothing worse than spending money on a car that you don't plan on owning any longer.

daisychain wrote:
I had such a lovely day. I got paid and I got a tax refund. So I went to the town that I used to work in and went shopping and met some ex-colleagues for coffees. I'm buzzing even though I've had a really long day. I even still had the energy and motivation to cut the grass and do a 6k walk. Not bad for someone who has been depressed since February. I love that extra kick of motivation I get after a medication increase.

Sounds like a great day. Money helps the mindset, for sure!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:43 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I just got asked what I was doing for "pre-Pride" which at first I assumed meant Friday night but apparently means tonight because I guess you're supposed to party on Thursday too? I am doing laundry for pre-Pride. Being a good gay is so much work.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:57 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

strawberryrock wrote:
I just got asked what I was doing for "pre-Pride" which at first I assumed meant Friday night but apparently means tonight because I guess you're supposed to party on Thursday too? I am doing laundry for pre-Pride. Being a good gay is so much work.

This made me laugh!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:56 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I'm pretty sure there's been parties every night since the tuesday before last calling themselves pride parties.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 1:58 am 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I'm reading a pretty queer book, I'll call that a pride party. I think I ended up agreeing to go to Control Top on Saturday but I already want to back out, pride dance parties are just like regular queer dance parties except you have to wait 45 minutes to get a drink and everyone you've ever slept with is there...

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 2:27 am 

Moon wrote:

daisychain wrote:

Sounds like a great day. Money helps the mindset, for sure!

I know the buzz won't last long but I'm enjoying it while its here. I've been awake since 4am so I'm sure I'll be a grouchy cow bag by lunchtime.

I have my first meeting with my academic supervisor this morning. Praying that she doesn't want me to change my learning plan too much because I have a hell of a lot of it carried out already.

And I am totally disorganised. I forgot to photocopy and print out stuff I needed for the meeting. Oh well!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:49 am 
Seagull of the PPK

i am trying to make business cards. everything the designer comes back with is HORRID (we have used her for the shop before, and she was super friendly.). I don't mind, I can tell her exactly what I want, but she gets so offended that I'm suggesting changes, and every new version comes with new errors in the text (what, total of 25 words? i don't get it) so I HAVE to correct them, I can't just leave them.

i warned her: i was going to be difficult. But really, i don't want starbursts and fountain pens and bullets and etc. I want a nice, clean card with the small graphic I gave her. I've nicely told her everything down to font and size and where to put the spaces. I just got a snarky email about are you sure you want black ink, or don't you want something more difficult. If she didn't do the graphic design for the other business, I would tell her to go fork herself.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 7:52 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

You guys!! I'm graduating this morning in about 4 hours!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:34 am 
Frees Bunny Slippers

Maybe I will go visit my parents this weekend. It's been almost two months I think and it's only an hour drive. Apparently it's fathers day on Sunday too.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:46 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

zwingtip wrote:

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 8:55 am 
Keepin' It Seal

zwingtip wrote:

Congrats!

Long Island Pride is this weekend and it generally sucks because Long Island gays kinda suck. NYC pride is the last weekend of the month and it's better but really crowded. I kind of want to ditch my friend (who's really excited to go) and go to the queer beach instead. Decisions.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 9:41 am 

zwingtip wrote:

Congrats!

I'm in a complete state of panic. They want me to change my learning plans. One is fine just needs a bit of rewording. The other one they want to completely change it from a case study to a literature review on a different topic and a presentation about stress and psychosis. The lit review I could probably manage but a presentation..... no way is that happening. Nooooooo waaaaaaay. To 4th year students. Effing heck no! I am not a presentation gal at all. Unless they want to then do a case study on me.... the nurse who ended up with a stress induced psychosis from having to do a presentation on stress induced psychosis.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:24 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

zwingtip wrote:

Congratulations!

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:31 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

there is an older guy at the post office i run into once in awhile. i HATE him. he is a jerk. he hates cats, he called them rodents. then he is also a giant racist. once he asked a clerk how long she has been in the country because he did not like the way she pronounced a word...
yesterday he was holding up a really long line 5 minutes till closing because he was shipping jam and he had a problem with the price the clerk gave him. the words he was using was racist (the clerk is indian) and he demanded another clerk, his 2 boxes took over 15 minutes to mail...everyone was really angry and those who have encountered him before dislike him.

he had my fave clerk the second time around and i felt bad for her. she looked sad. i need to bring her a chocolate bar or cookies next week when i go in.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 12:41 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I am utterly wiped out and exhausted. State testing is finally over. I feel like I had to drag half these kids kicking and screaming across the finish line. Many couldn't be bothered to show up for retakes. ELL students did dismally because the test is designed by clueless, elitist crassholes.

So much bullshiitake.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 11:57 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

i kinda dream of a day someone will gift me with a friendship bracelet they made!

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:08 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Both of our neighbors are having huge graduation parties. There must be 40 cars lined up the entire street and piled in the driveways.

I always wonder what it's like to celebrate life events with people. The whole thing just seems so alien to me.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:45 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Wise PPK! I require some advice.

A friend of mine is working for Cutco selling knives, and has asked me to participate in a "demo" where my friend will tell me about the product (with no obligation for me to buy it). I had never heard of this company, but I did a little investigation and it looks like it's a pyramid scheme, and I'm concerned that this company is taking advantage of my friend in some way. This friend is the same age as I am and has a mental disability (basically what would be termed as "mental retardation"). I am also friends with this person's parent, but since this friend is the same age as I am and lives independently, I generally avoid going to talk to the parent about their adult child in situations where I wouldn't do that for someone else my same age.

What do you think I should do? Should I participate in the demo and just not say anything? Do I need to try to explain pyramid schemes to my friend? I don't really feel comfortable being the one to do that but I'm not sure who else is going to unless I go talk to the parent. Should I just say no thank you and let someone else figure it out? Maybe I'm all wrong about this and the company is actually legit? I don't know. Help?

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 4:48 pm 
WRETCHED

CQ, I personally refuse to take part in any home sales type things. Some companies have good products but usually they try to guilt you into buying because obviously they are making money from it. If someone invited me to a 'party', I'd say no thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:33 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

CQ: I would probably refuse to participate and then tell your friend why. You could just say something like "I feel awkward participating in something like this, because I think the company asks people to use their social relations to try and sell their products, and that is awkward for both you and me."

It's past midnight and I'm in school. Me and a school buddy met up and cooked for 7 hours to have stuff at the school to eat - our school is in a pretty deserted part of town and takeaway is way too expensive to eat twice a day anyway. And crackers get boring real fast. Today was the first time in two weeks where I actually had a home cooked meal. Can't wait until friday when I am DONE for the semester. 2,5 months of summer vacation coming up. It's my first vacation in two years that is not either christmas break (stressful and with exams right after, which = not relaxing at all) or less than 5 days.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 5:40 pm 
Just Loathin' Around!

Cutco is definitely not legit. You could do a little research to have a couple of sources on hand and then politely decline, saying you don't like the company's business practices. And have some information if they want to know more. You can't force the info on them but you can state your objection.

Panda With Cookie

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46060 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1796, 1797, 1798, 1799, 1800, 1801, 1802 ... 1843  Next