| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Oct 30, 2014 9:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1812, 1813, 1814, 1815, 1816, 1817, 1818 ... 1875  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:38 pm 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

coldandsleepy wrote:
My life is so boring right now that I started a second Instagram account to take pictures of everything I eat. Like everything. So far I mostly seem to eat coffee.

Oooh. What is your username, please?

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 12:45 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

Pretty sure my Instagram is full of photos of Molly trying to drink my coffee and not much else.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:07 pm 
Married to the wolfman

kaerlighed wrote:
coldandsleepy wrote:
My life is so boring right now that I started a second Instagram account to take pictures of everything I eat. Like everything. So far I mostly seem to eat coffee.

Oooh. What is your username, please?

My just-food-pictures one is thingsnikkiate. (I should warn you though, it's really just a stream of food pictures, mostly from my office at work with terrible fluorescent lighting!)

LW, I'm going to guess most people would take the pictures of Molly!

I kinda love people's pets on instagram. Sometimes I can get through like 18 pictures in a row that are all cats, and it's great.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:14 pm 
Seagull of the PPK

new computer arrived last night, so after work this morning i jumped into the transfer process. This new thing is a monster (compared to what I had before, which was already 4 or 5 years old). Next to find a docking station so i can use my normal equipment and not spill on it.
In the meantime, uninstalling everything from my old machine (my tower will go to the shop to replace the fried tower there, and i get new speed and space to run my new translation software. woot woot!). Who knew how much shiitake i had on there.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 3:17 pm 
WELFARIST!

They called about the job yesterday. I was working, so she left a voicemail - she thanked me for coming in, told me that I interviewed very well, but that she's not going to make a decision about hiring anybody until September.

September!

Which is a week into the semester, and I'm supposed to be teaching, and I'll be starting teaching with the museum again, so I won't be able to just...back out of any of those things at that point in time. So even if she offers me the job then, I wouldn't be able to take it without majorly screwing over two of my places of current employment. And I'm going to Mexico in September, so I'd be taking vacation time right away. Seems like this one just wasn't meant to be.

Also, the kids at camp were the absolute WORST today. I think we're all tired. They were so good yesterday! At least tomorrow's their last day. New batch on Monday!

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:05 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

OUTRAGE. I am NEVER watching another Spielberg film, ever again!!!!111!!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 4:14 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

I'll forgive him since he isn't involved in the awfulness that is Jurassic Park IV.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:03 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

oh man, there's a group here called Gay Geeks of New York and they do trivia and have events and buffy sing a longs and generally cool stuff. One of their members was featured on that humans of new york thing, which i guess a billion people see on facebook and the comments are so bad! the first comment i saw was like "why does it have to be called gay geeks of new york? why can't you include straight people. seems really biased to me." and then some other comments that were just like "i hate gay people." i know i know, i shouldn't read the comments, but i did and now i'm mad.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 5:11 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I signed up for a first aid training today. If there are enough people to fill the class than it starts end of September and I could have a certificate end of December.

I did this cause on one of my rides of the Tail of the Dragon I saw some one who fell hard with his motorbike. I knew that he wasn't ok cause he kept asking what happened over and over again, which is a sign of having a concussion, but I had no clue how to evaluate how serious his problems were.
After a while another biker stopped who turned out to be a former army medic, and he said mild to severe concussion, bruised rib and some cuts and bruises.

I want to be able to do more than to tell some one to sit down and say help is on the way.

One thing I already learned : next time I'm going to give orders cause if you only ask who's going to drive to the nearest phone no one really responds.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:45 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

True story: I was with Veg_Eric another time when an older woman fell off a curb on her wheelchair and cracked her head really hard. What's with you and being around people who hurt themselves? You're like a guardian angel, because it both cases the person was so fortunate to have you there!

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 8:19 pm 
Discovered unobtainium

And I started crying (stupid) at dinner and he made me feel better.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:50 pm 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

I made the cutest present for a friend and then forgot to take pictures.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:37 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I'm trying to study for this biology teaching exam (Praxis II). The test is Tuesday and my last biology class was probably 8 years ago (unless you count stuff like paleontology and environmental science).

So, what am I doing? Organizing my set of Primsmacolor pencils by color. This is useful in theory because I like color coding notes and diagrams.

I'm awful. Or awesome at time wasting. One or the other.

At least I've only got the 72 color box since that's all they made 20 years ago, so it could be worse.

Which brings me to a new digression: why do things start to suck? My big box is Berol Prismacolor, and they were great. They lasted forever. I also have a bunch of Sandford Prismacolor that I got for my Geology labs in either new colors or to replace old ones that were used up. Those break and are just generally crappy even though they are still fairly expensive.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:50 am 
Lime and a Coconut

Someone needs to do a vegan version of this video. EB ya'self!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:59 am 

Two things: the cursor on my computer started moving around the screen, as if someone was "working from home" through logmein or whatever, which happens occasionally at work, but THIS IS MY LAPTOP. And it's like 3am! And I am not on drugs. It happened.

Secondly, why I'm up at 3am, I have the most massive spider bite on my asparagus. It is SO big and I'm lucky I don't really care about being afraid of bugs because I can think of some people who would lose over a spider all up in their business, but it's SO itchy and my partner woke up and there I was with my iphone taking photos of my bum (delete delete delete) to see how big it is. I am going to have such a hard time at work surreptitiously itching my asparagus.

I guess this belongs in the PSP thread.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:10 am 

Oh shiitake you guys. NEVER google big spider bite on my bum.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:16 am 
Discovered unobtainium

I had no intention of ever googling that, or anything similar, but now I kind of want to. Thanks.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 10:07 am 
Heeeerrrrree's JACKY!

My oldest kid is moving out tomorrow. This isn't the worst thing, because it is really good for him to take this opportunity and to be all grown up. But it isn't the best thing, because I am him mom and I worry.

"Tots: the universal food band-aid... better than a mother's kiss. Healin' wounds since 1954." Meggs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 11:26 am 
Who's Ted Leo?

i just found a kitten in my backyard!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:15 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

DEAR GOD there is a PREGNANT TARANTULA on the loose in Brooklyn!!!

http://gawker.com/theres-a-pregnant-mex ... 1603601859

I don't think I'm far enough away. I might have to fly to Hawaii until she is safely returned home.

ETA: From the Gawker comments:

Quote:
the photo on that poster is the VERY FIRST IMAGE that pops up on a google search for "Mexican Red Rump Tarantula". Someone is trolling the good people of Brooklyn and I commend them for it.

I, for one, also commend them on their excellent trollery. *golf clap*

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:21 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Realized today in my excitement to get blood tests that I'd forgotten that means someone will be sticking a needle in my arm and removing blood. (I've been feeling exhausted, so I'm checking vitamin, hormone, thyroid, etc. levels. I'm excited to get on track for getting some energy, whether that means adding some vitamins or dealing with depression/stress management or whatever. I'm too young to be this tired.)

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 12:25 pm 
Lime and a Coconut

vijita wrote:
Secondly, why I'm up at 3am, I have the most massive spider bite on my asparagus. It is SO big and I'm lucky I don't really care about being afraid of bugs because I can think of some people who would lose over a spider all up in their business, but it's SO itchy and my partner woke up and there I was with my iphone taking photos of my bum (delete delete delete) to see how big it is. I am going to have such a hard time at work surreptitiously itching my asparagus.

Remember how Calcuhater used to get gnarly spider bites and enjoy grossing us out with photos? It's like Calcy is saying hi to all of us through your butt <3.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 1:00 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

My crummy little laptop I bought around Christmastime and almost NEVER use somehow got bombarded by spyware, so my best friend's husband is fixing it remotely from Houston. So it's like I'm sitting here on my work computer watching my laptop be used by a ghost. It's pretty cool.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 2:52 pm 
Bathes in Braggs

kfad wrote:
My oldest kid is moving out tomorrow. This isn't the worst thing, because it is really good for him to take this opportunity and to be all grown up. But it isn't the best thing, because I am him mom and I worry.

Aw, bittersweet. When my oldest moved out two years ago I drove him to Montreal and left him there! He had no job, and he and his friend Matt were staying with another friend until they could fine their own place and get jobs. I slept with my phone turned on high for weeks in case he needed me in the night. (He was fine and is still there)

I hope he enjoys his adult life.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:33 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I think the worst thing about being raised Quaker is I still have The Ballad of George Fox stuck in my head at least 30% of the time. There needs to be a support group or something.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 46868 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1812, 1813, 1814, 1815, 1816, 1817, 1818 ... 1875  Next