| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:35 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1841, 1842, 1843, 1844, 1845, 1846, 1847 ... 1900  Next
 Post subject: Re: Space to post things that do not go with any other topic
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:13 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Flights for VVC are (relatively) super cheap right now, but I don't have any money. I mean, they're more than £200 cheaper than they were last week. It's times like these that almost make me want to get a credit card.

Also, I've been sneezing since Friday night. It's tapered off since yesterday, but I'd really just like to stop now.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 6:32 am 
Dying from Nooch Lung

gaia13 wrote:
There's a bat in my house and I'm freaking the fork out. I can't handle things flying over me in enclosed spaces and my dad isn't answering my texts on what to do. And I'm exhausted since I stayed up with my dog all last night bc of storms and I know I'm not going to sleep well tonight.

Call animal control or a local wildlife rescue if there is one in your area. They are trained to remove wildlife from houses.

I'd rather have a cupcake and a matte stomach. - Desdemona

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:33 am 
Level 7 Vegan

I just returned from a week long youth (most people were 20-30 years old) jazz workshop. It was so crazily intense that last night when I saw my parents and my boyfriend they seemed so foreign to me. It's so bizarre, I miss it so much right now. I want to do more free jazz singing & playing with great musicians and learning so much ever day. 8+ hours of music a day and now I'm all alone with my ukulele :(

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:52 am 
Asked Santa for a Hoveringdog

lepelaar wrote:
gaia13 wrote:
There's a bat in my house and I'm freaking the fork out. I can't handle things flying over me in enclosed spaces and my dad isn't answering my texts on what to do. And I'm exhausted since I stayed up with my dog all last night bc of storms and I know I'm not going to sleep well tonight.

Call animal control or a local wildlife rescue if there is one in your area. They are trained to remove wildlife from houses.

Thanks for this. I just called my brother and he helped me out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:09 pm 
Level 7 Vegan

jogirl wrote:
Some days, I feel like I am clinging onto sanity by my fingernails. Today was one of those days.

So sorry to hear it's a tough day. Here's to the strength to carry on clinging, no matter what it takes. Xx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 12:34 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

VeganinBerlin wrote:
I just returned from a week long youth (most people were 20-30 years old) jazz workshop. It was so crazily intense that last night when I saw my parents and my boyfriend they seemed so foreign to me. It's so bizarre, I miss it so much right now. I want to do more free jazz singing & playing with great musicians and learning so much ever day. 8+ hours of music a day and now I'm all alone with my ukulele :(

That sounds amazing! I would love to know more about this!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:54 pm 
Chip Strong

gaia13 wrote:

Darken your home completely, and put a light source outside, open door or window. The bat will be drawn to the light. He is most likely confused and disoriented by the lights in your house, by turning all your lights out, and putting a light outside, he'll be able to find his own way out.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 3:58 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I'm trying to be super open and vulnerable and honest as a person this year because I am 99% sure it will make my work better (also because I am trying to GROW as a PERSON), being an adult about feelings is hard though and I am learning through this that when left to my own default I tend to be a big coward.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 5:02 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I just spent about nine hours watching television. I don't have a TV in my house, so I watched round my boyfriend's house, and I just felt like a total sponge today. We started watching a programme about making sweets, then Good Food, then Man Vs Food, finished off Firefly (which we've been eking out), then he did some chores and I started re-watching Arrested Development, then we watched some of a Star Trek best episodes marathon thing, then the first two episodes of Orphan Black. I only left the sofa in order to go to the loo a couple of times.

It felt really weird to leave the house to come home again! And now I've got to do all the housework I should have done today tomorrow, as well as all the stuff I need to do tomorrow. Ah well.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:45 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

I feel like there needs to be an extra day built into the week for that sort of thing. Like, 5 days for working, 2 days for chores, and 1 day for relaxing/lounging/watching TV.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:47 pm 
Dr Bronners, MD

ndpittman wrote:
I feel like there needs to be an extra day built into the week for that sort of thing. Like, 5 days for working, 2 days for chores, and 1 day for relaxing/lounging/watching TV.

There's so many reasons a standard 4 day work week should be a thing.

Less work. More netflix.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 7:57 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Moon wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

Less work. More netflix.

Yes! My mom has Wednesdays off, and it sounds so nice to me. She is one of those people that can't relax though, so she's always cleaning something or running errands on all of her days off. Silly momma.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 8:45 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Moon wrote:
ndpittman wrote:

Less work. More netflix.

Yessssssssss. 2 days (if I ever even get 2 days) is not enough time to stop thinking about work. I check my email all weekend; I create spreadsheets; I post on social media for work; I do everything BUT relax. I know I need to just be better about trying to relax and focus on cleaning my house and shiitake but I am horrible at it. And I often end up working 6 or 7 days a week because I can't calm down and forget about everything I need to catch up on. It's weird that I could be described a "workaholic" because I really want to do anything but. I want to lay on the couch with my cats.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 9:05 pm 
Hip Goiter

dropscone wrote:
I just spent about nine hours watching television. I don't have a TV in my house, so I watched round my boyfriend's house, and I just felt like a total sponge today. We started watching a programme about making sweets, then Good Food, then Man Vs Food, finished off Firefly (which we've been eking out), then he did some chores and I started re-watching Arrested Development, then we watched some of a Star Trek best episodes marathon thing, then the first two episodes of Orphan Black. I only left the sofa in order to go to the loo a couple of times.

SO PROUD!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 10:18 pm 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Today was the final performance of my show, and I'm so emotionally exhausted. I have never had a show impact me this way, and I did not want it to end (the feeling was shared among all of the cast & crew). I cried for about half an hour before the show, and again during "Science Fiction, Double Feature", and again when Riff Raff said "Frank N Furter, it's all over" (that one lasted all the way through curtain call). If we had any way to extend this out beyond 3 weekends, I think every one of us would have. We broke ticket records in our theatre (selling out 7 out of 9 shows, including the first Sunday matinee in their 40-year history!). We had so many repeat audience members, and a LOT from out of town. This was something so special, and it's one of the best things I've ever been a part of. I can't believe it's over.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 4:30 am 
Saggy Butt

ndpittman wrote:

I would rather it be 1 day working, 2 days house work and 5 days relaxing!

π

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 6:45 am 
Dr Bronners, MD

I feel like a 3 day weekend would be perfect! One day for fun/adventures, one day for errands/chores, and one day for relaxing!

http://veganforthewin.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:11 am 
Level 7 Vegan

choirqueer wrote:
VeganinBerlin wrote:

That sounds amazing! I would love to know more about this!

http://blueboatmusicen.wordpress.com/home/

If you click on "workshop" you can see the beautiful beach where I was for a week. We had different workshops and I loved the improvisation workshop the most, it was just me & a girl I liked sooo much (and she's from Berlin so hopefully we'll manage to stay/become friends) singing and one double bass player & a saxophone player and this great 23-year-old jazz drummer as our teacher. Every day was so crazy fun. I am normally so super shy so improvising on stage in front of 50 people was so unusual for me but so great. I hope I manage to go there next year, too.

ashley wrote:
I have never thought "This coffee is okay, but it would be better if it were oily."

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:18 am 
Saggy Butt

lobsteriffic wrote:
I feel like a 3 day weekend would be perfect! One day for fun/adventures, one day for errands/chores, and one day for relaxing!

Lobsteriffic for president!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:21 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Zelavie that sounds amazing.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

VeganinBerlin wrote:

http://blueboatmusicen.wordpress.com/home/

If you click on "workshop" you can see the beautiful beach where I was for a week. We had different workshops and I loved the improvisation workshop the most, it was just me & a girl I liked sooo much (and she's from Berlin so hopefully we'll manage to stay/become friends) singing and one double bass player & a saxophone player and this great 23-year-old jazz drummer as our teacher. Every day was so crazy fun. I am normally so super shy so improvising on stage in front of 50 people was so unusual for me but so great. I hope I manage to go there next year, too.

Looks beautiful, and the whole thing sounds like such a great time!

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:49 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

My voice teacher is adopting a teeny wee 3-month-old rescue kitten today. Which means that there will now be a KITTEN at my voice lessons from now on. I DON'T KNOW HOW I'M GOING TO SING WHILE I'M EEEEEEEEEEING OVER THIS KITTEN. She keeps posting videos and i'm like OH MY GOD CAN I JUST HAVE A VOICE LESSON EVERY DAY PLEASE OH MY GOD KITTEN.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:36 am 
And you never will.

You know how when you're asleep and you have to pee, you dream about finding a toilet? (or is that just me?)

Anyway, last night I dreamt that I was at a train station and headed to the bathroom, and when I found it there was the usual "men" door and a "women" door, but then I noticed an "everyone" door. So naturally I chose the "everyone" door, and it was like stepping into Wonderland. The inside was HUGE, there was a dance floor with a disco ball (no joke!), a big couch in the corner with a sign over it that said "Snuggle Therapy" where you could go sit and just snuggle with someone for a while, a group of drag queens by a row of lighted mirrors helping people with their makeup, and a massage therapist with one of those massage chairs you always see in malls and airports. And of course bathroom stalls, which were decorated like granny bathrooms with floral squishy toilet seats and fluffy mats on the floor and cross-stitch samplers on the wall, and every stall had a little sink thing like they have at dentist offices, but they were labeled "Menstrual Cup Rinsing Station." And there were people of all genders in there and it was like a big party.

It was the most magical bathroom ever and when I woke up I was sad it wasn't real.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:56 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I have that dream all the time, except without the awesome bathroom. Really I just wake up in a panic that I peed in my bed (hasn't happened yet though). I think in real life someone needs to make this bathroom of which you speak. Like that would be the whole attraction: Come to this kick asparagus bathroom and just hang out. The only thing missing is a fancy martini making bar and I'm sold.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:57 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

poopiebitch wrote:
You know how when you're asleep and you have to pee, you dream about finding a toilet? (or is that just me?)

Anyway, last night I dreamt that I was at a train station and headed to the bathroom, and when I found it there was the usual "men" door and a "women" door, but then I noticed an "everyone" door. So naturally I chose the "everyone" door, and it was like stepping into Wonderland. The inside was HUGE, there was a dance floor with a disco ball (no joke!), a big couch in the corner with a sign over it that said "Snuggle Therapy" where you could go sit and just snuggle with someone for a while, a group of drag queens by a row of lighted mirrors helping people with their makeup, and a massage therapist with one of those massage chairs you always see in malls and airports. And of course bathroom stalls, which were decorated like granny bathrooms with floral squishy toilet seats and fluffy mats on the floor and cross-stitch samplers on the wall, and every stall had a little sink thing like they have at dentist offices, but they were labeled "Menstrual Cup Rinsing Station." And there were people of all genders in there and it was like a big party.

It was the most magical bathroom ever and when I woke up I was sad it wasn't real.

THIS IS THE BEST DREAM I HAVE EVER HEARD OF ANYONE EVER HAVING.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 47483 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 1841, 1842, 1843, 1844, 1845, 1846, 1847 ... 1900  Next