| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Wed Sep 17, 2014 3:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Your embarrassing moment of the week
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:45 am 
Kale Wreath

...because it's always fun to laugh about later.

I'll go first:

It was my day off, so I decided to bike to my favorite neighbourhood to do some wandering and window-shopping. I was wearing a thin summery-ish dress with a cardigan and thick tights. I was also wearing a backpack. So I arrived, parked my bike, and set off wandering. I was feeling pretty good in general and good about what I was wearing (I work 6 days a week in a place with a conservative dress code, so wearing what I like, which is colourful clothes and lots of layers, makes me happy). After about 10 minutes, a woman came up behind me and started saying something (my Japanese was too poor to understand) and tugging at my dress. After which I realized that the back had completely ridden up behind my backpack and my (tights-covered) asparagus was visible to all. It had probably been that way since I'd gotten off my bike. Also, because of the thinness of the dress and the thickness of the tights, I hadn't realized.

I am classy.

Now your turn!

Post subject: Re: Your embarrassing moment of the week
PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I walked into a door-frame yesterday in front of all my new school friends/colleagues. I'm still not sure how it happened, but I am glad that I did not break my nose like it felt like I did...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:17 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I was walking down a large flight of stairs to get to the light rail (Max) platform, and someone was walking behind me. She said "Are you on the Max?" Really loud suddenly and I looked behind at her very puzzeled. She ignored me so I kept walking. Then she yelled even louder "Stop!" So I stopped, looked behind me with an even more confused look, and I think I might have muttered "What the fork?", to which she then said in a sneer "I'm on the phone!". Ooohkay.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:31 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

The lid on my water bottle broke at the gym the other day causing me to pour water all over my face, my clothes & the elliptical!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:36 am 
Married to the wolfman

Pregnancy means sometimes I am super gassy. The other day I expelled wind and my husband started to get up to answer the door because he thought someone was knocking on it repeatedly. No, dude, that's my asparagus.

I should probably be more embarassed by it than I am but that guy has a bit of a butt trumpet too at times, so.

coldandsleepy cooks, THE BLOG!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:52 am 

jojo wrote:
The lid on my water bottle broke at the gym the other day causing me to pour water all over my face, my clothes & the elliptical!

Oh man that sucks! Though maybe you could have pretended you were really hot and it was on purpose.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:17 pm 
Dying from Nooch Lung

Mars wrote:
jojo wrote:

Oh man that sucks! Though maybe you could have pretended you were really hot and it was on purpose.

i really want to start doing this at the gym.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:41 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Yesterday I drove to the bank ATM to deposit a check and get some cash. I must have opened the car door slightly in order to reach the buttons on the machine, and forgot all about it. After I finished the transaction, I drove off and as I pulled into the street the door flew open. whoops! Luckily I didn't hit anyone and was able to stop safely and close the car door.

pistachiorose wrote:
...because it's always fun to laugh about later.

I'll go first:

It was my day off, so I decided to bike to my favorite neighbourhood to do some wandering and window-shopping. I was wearing a thin summery-ish dress with a cardigan and thick tights. I was also wearing a backpack. So I arrived, parked my bike, and set off wandering. I was feeling pretty good in general and good about what I was wearing (I work 6 days a week in a place with a conservative dress code, so wearing what I like, which is colourful clothes and lots of layers, makes me happy). After about 10 minutes, a woman came up behind me and started saying something (my Japanese was too poor to understand) and tugging at my dress. After which I realized that the back had completely ridden up behind my backpack and my (tights-covered) asparagus was visible to all. It had probably been that way since I'd gotten off my bike. Also, because of the thinness of the dress and the thickness of the tights, I hadn't realized.

I am classy.

Now your turn!

This happened to me once and I learned to be very careful with backpacks if I was wearing a dress or skirt.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:44 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

I was walking down the street and there was a guy in front of me. I thought it was someone I know, but wasn't sure. As we went along I was getting more and more convinced, from the way he was walking, and his hair and things, that it was the person. So I walked I bit faster 'til I was level with him and was sort of staring at him and he turned his head and saw me. For a moment I thought it was the person so I said 'Tarik? Oh, sorry.' and walked away. He sort of smiled and laughed awkwardly. Tarik isn't even a common name so he probably didn't have any idea what I was saying.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 3:52 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

At a wedding last week, I went to the bathroom (the entrance had a glass door) and as I went to pull the handle someone went to open it from the other side. I stepped back and said sorry - at which point I realised it was a mirrored door and I was apologising to myself.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:40 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

well, my week have been full of awkward (but not really embarrassing) moments. woke up with a full blown UTI in the middle of the night at the new guy i'm dating's house. not wanting to wake him up, i tried to call the night doctor from the toilet. getting through on the phone was a 2 hour process, because apparently the # i have is for the early evening doctor. anyway, i ended up being trapped in his bathroom for 2 hours in the middle of the night, and taking a shower to relieve the pain. this is a completely new thing, and i am SO happy that no one in the house woke up to find me oddly showering at 4 in the morning.

next morning i finally fell asleep at 7 and had to get up at 8 to go to the hairdresser. i looked like shiitake, felt like shiitake and didn't really care.. until i walked into the hair salon and this guy i used to date who i am on REALLY bad terms with was sitting there. fail. epic, massive fail. wanted to die a little. was trapped in hair salon for 2,5 hours with this guy. and it was a tiny salon. this guy lives 2 mins from my place, and i have avoided him for almost a year. and then i meet him on the one day i look like shiitake, in a HAIR SALON 30 mins from here. come on.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 5:58 pm 
Drunk Dialed Ian MacKaye

jojo wrote:

That is awful..but it totally made me think of the ladies having trouble with bottled water thread.

So, you could also pretend you're a model or something.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:29 pm 

Yeah, squirt that shiitake on yer boobies.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:41 pm 
Hip Goiter

jogirl wrote:
At a wedding last week, I went to the bathroom (the entrance had a glass door) and as I went to pull the handle someone went to open it from the other side. I stepped back and said sorry - at which point I realised it was a mirrored door and I was apologising to myself.

Hahaha I laughed so hard! Love it!

coldandsleepy wrote:
Pregnancy means sometimes I am super gassy. The other day I expelled wind and my husband started to get up to answer the door because he thought someone was knocking on it repeatedly. No, dude, that's my asparagus.

Ok this REALLY killed me! Crying. Excellent job

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:02 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

I took my daughter to play date yesterday with some new moms & kids. We had a really hectic morning getting ready to leave and I didn't have time to put any makeup on.

But! Back story: I have these gross scabby patches on either side of my nose because I wore one of those nose strip things the other night and it ripped my forking skin off when I removed it.

So, once I got in the car, I put some concealer on. It's the crayon kind and I drew like circles and stripes on my face to cover the scabs/redness and my dark circles and some other junk, because I am a weirdo and I always draw with my concealer before I blend it in. It makes it fun.

But! It was really cold so I figured I'd let it kind of melt into my skin a little and blend it in at a stop sign.

Yeah. I completely forgot about it. And no one said anything! But then I remembered it like half an hour in and laughingly explained why I had football plays diagrammed on my face. And tried to rub it in (without a mirror). When I got home I discovered that it was still like 70% intact. I'm sure they all think I'm crazy. Especially the lady who came late and missed my explanation.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 9:08 pm 

Pinko wrote:
Yeah. I completely forgot about it. And no one said anything! But then I remembered it like half an hour in and laughingly explained why I had football plays diagrammed on my face. And tried to rub it in (without a mirror). When I got home I discovered that it was still like 70% intact. I'm sure they all think I'm crazy. Especially the lady who came late and missed my explanation.

Oh laughing. This is the best thread.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:11 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

At work tonight, I was calling a patient about their medication and had to leave a message on their answering machine. At the end of my spiel, I said "if you have any questions, you can contact us at 610-92..." and I completely blanked out. After an eternity of awkward silence, I laughed nervously and said "Bob! what's our number?!" after which I repeated what Bob told me and hung up the phone as quickly as humanly possible. My face is still red.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 12:07 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I wear my septum ring flipped up at work, and the other day it was sitting a bit uncomfortably, so I was sort of straightening it as I walked out of the bathroom. But instead of walking out into the usually-deserted corridor, I walked straight into some guy, with my finger up my nose. Instead of explaining myself like a normal person, I made some kind of high-pitched noise and ran away. At least he works way on the other end of the floor where I never go, and don't know anyone.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:11 am 
Has a Guru

jogirl wrote:

I just fell in love with you.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:13 am 
Has a Guru

Pinko wrote:
I took my daughter to play date yesterday with some new moms & kids. We had a really hectic morning getting ready to leave and I didn't have time to put any makeup on.

But! Back story: I have these gross scabby patches on either side of my nose because I wore one of those nose strip things the other night and it ripped my forking skin off when I removed it.

So, once I got in the car, I put some concealer on. It's the crayon kind and I drew like circles and stripes on my face to cover the scabs/redness and my dark circles and some other junk, because I am a weirdo and I always draw with my concealer before I blend it in. It makes it fun.

But! It was really cold so I figured I'd let it kind of melt into my skin a little and blend it in at a stop sign.

BELLY LAUGHING!!

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 1:45 am 
Heart of Vegan Marshmallow

A co-worker and I drove to the bank to make a deposit yesterday. We don't know each other very well, so it was already kind of awkward running an errand together. Anyway, I have a Darwin fish on my car. He asked me about it and prodded me a little about why I don't believe in god, so I told him. I may have ended up ranting a tiny bit about organized religion, aaaaand then he told me his father was a preacher. It wasn't necessarily embarrassing, but it was definitely uncomfortable. He didn't seem offended, but I still felt like kind of a dick.

CommunistDaughter wrote:
At work tonight, I was calling a patient about their medication and had to leave a message on their answering machine. At the end of my spiel, I said "if you have any questions, you can contact us at 610-92..." and I completely blanked out. After an eternity of awkward silence, I laughed nervously and said "Bob! what's our number?!" after which I repeated what Bob told me and hung up the phone as quickly as humanly possible. My face is still red.

I do that kind of shiitake all the time, so I totally feel for you. I am the worst ever at phone calls. I can never remember names and have to ask people to repeat it 30 seconds after they've told me. I am a terrible receptionist.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 2:27 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Pinko wrote:

oh man, this would be me! only with weird comments about how your baby is so cute i could just eat him...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:07 am 
Mispronounces Daiya

I was giving Orion his late-night walk the other day, and since we live on a quasi-desert, quasi-pedestrian block, we were playing chase in our street. I was talking to him in my shrill baby voice and making exaggerated faces and movements about how I was going to catch him and tickle his pwetty belly. At one point the dog stops, I raise my head and find myself face to face with our next door neighbor, smoking a cigarette on his porch in his bathrobe and slippers. I don't know who felt more awkward.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 3:44 am 
Thinks Plants Have Feelings

I was walking my dog over the park and just as i said hello to a group of people i slipped and did that funny half run half fall over thing that seems to last forever with your one hand stuck out to grab an imaginary wall ,it actually looked like i had broke into some kind of lurching hunchback jog. i tried to turn it into one of those jogging at walking speed things to try and save face and just fell flat on my face :) this happened this morning and i am still mortified with shame :)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:41 am 
Bathes in Braggs

There's one guy at work that whenever he comes up and chats with me, I seriously take a weird breath or drink water down the wrong pipe. I start gagging, coughing, and choking. This has happened three times in one week! He must think I'm the craziest person ever.