| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6
 Post subject: Re: Your embarrassing moment of the week
PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 7:01 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I use mens rooms all the time but one time in a restaurant a guy followed me out and told everyone at my table that I left the seat down.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 8:54 pm 
Nailed to the V

I use whichever always because I think gender segregated bathrooms are dumb. (I know and have heard arguments for them, and I get it. But I still think they're dumb.)

eta: butternut- That person called you out in front of others for putting a seat down? Ha! I would have been like YOU ARE OBVIOUSLY BORED OR SOMETHING.

PostPosted: Sun May 05, 2013 10:00 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

Yes I doubt the men would mind all that much, I'm sure I minded more. It's just a shock when you think you have just used the women's room and on the way out you see a row of urinals.

PostPosted: Tue May 07, 2013 4:12 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Butternut wrote:
I use mens rooms all the time but one time in a restaurant a guy followed me out and told everyone at my table that I left the seat down.

thats pretty funny actually.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2015 9:08 am 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

I was in a big meeting today with a bunch of marketers, wearing a fairly short skirt, and when I stood up there was a line of butt sweat on the chair visible for EVERYONE to see. Dying of embarassment right now.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:56 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

paprikapapaya wrote:
I was in a big meeting today with a bunch of marketers, wearing a fairly short skirt, and when I stood up there was a line of butt sweat on the chair visible for EVERYONE to see. Dying of embarassment right now.

Once I period bled a tonne all over a nice fabric chair at a new friend's house. It was the first time we'd been over and it was a group gathering and I was somehow totally unaware (I'd just had an IUD inserted), and I got up and everyone stared at it but no one said anything. After the other guests left (Jay and I waited outside in the car) I shamefully went back to apologize and it was pretty damn embarrassing.

Anyway this week--yesterday I was pouring at an event that I thought was going to be pretty casual. Our winery is on a farm and Halifax is a messy pit of slush so I was wearing muddy rubber boots. I walk in to set up and this is some fancy shiitake. All heels and suits and a live quartet. Luckily I had shoes in my car that I tried to wash the mud off in the bathroom (there was no where else to do it and no clean snow outside!) and I got some pretty disgusted looks. Also I got so many tattoo glares yesterday. The wine industry here is incredibly stuffy. The beer and cider events are totally different--loud music, tattoos, long beards, very casual clothes. I can't forget to switch industries for events!

Note to self: keep both cider and wine clothes in the company vehicle just in case.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:48 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Ohhhhh man, period blood. This was not as bad as yours Vijita, but one time I hitched a ride with a friend (not someone I knew super well, though) and his friend to a conference in the city my mom lives in, so that I could visit her over the weekend.

The friend-of-friend, who I'd only met in passing before but didn't really know or anything, kindly lent me a sleeping bag since we were sleeping in his box truck overnight on our drive there. We parked in the parking lot of this punk-traveller-friendly church; although this friendly church kept its doors open for people to use the restroom (or maybe even sleep in there if they wanted?) I was too sleepy by the time we stopped to want to go across the parking lot and navigate the church, so I decided I would just brush my teeth and stuff in the morning. (It was already like 3 and we were going to be getting up again early, no big deal, right?)

WRONG! MISTAKE! My period started and back in those days I bled profusely, so there was a HUGE mess and I had to tell him that I bled all over his bag. Luckily I was going to stay with my mom so I just took it home with me, washed it at her house and brought it back to him the next day, good as new, no staining. So embarrassing though!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 4:49 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

Oh yeah, plus that probably meant I had to walk across the parking lot with my stained shorts to go inside and change? That part eludes me though, so i guess it couldn't have been as embarrassing as the bleeding-on-other-people's-things part.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:50 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Yay! Got in to work shortly before nine and managed to rip my cheap-ass tights to shreds by half past nine. Seriously, I went to the toilet, pulled my tights back up, and in the process tore big holes in them in two places. Awesome. Well done. I'll never buy the cheapest stuff ever again.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 134 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6