| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Sep 21, 2014 1:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your embarrassing moment of the week
PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2011 7:49 am 
Keepin' It Seal

Oh my god, I'm DYING. These are the best.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:22 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

bekki wrote:
That is awful..but it totally made me think of the ladies having trouble with bottled water thread.

So, you could also pretend you're a model or something.

Ha! Sadly in my scuzzyest gym clothes with unwashed hair I don't think I coulda pulled that off either!

It was pretty hilarious but now I'm scared of my water bottle incase it happens again!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:07 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

Chris F wrote:
I was walking my dog over the park and just as i said hello to a group of people i slipped and did that funny half run half fall over thing that seems to last forever with your one hand stuck out to grab an imaginary wall ,it actually looked like i had broke into some kind of lurching hunchback jog. i tried to turn it into one of those jogging at walking speed things to try and save face and just fell flat on my face :) this happened this morning and i am still mortified with shame :)

This is so hilarious!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 8:45 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and they were giving out small cups of coffee as a part of a demo for those hell-sent single serving coffee machines. I got my trashy coffee (hazlenut, bisques) and was headed up to the registers to pay for my Brookstone memory foam pillow (20% off coupon! what! what!) and somehow during this 10 second journey the lid popped off my cup and some of the scalding hot liquid began spilling on the front of my dress. So naturally, I started shrieking and threw the cup away from myself, and it spilled allllllll over the floor. It was like a 1 yard x 1 yard spill diameter. Some of the coffee burned the shiitake out of a good portion my wrist, and in the aftermath I stood there like a moron with a lot of people staring at me. I assume they were probably judging me for getting hazlenut coffee (this is San Francisco we're talking about), and not so much for the screaming and throwing of cups.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2011 11:54 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Nebraskalaska wrote:
hell-sent single serving coffee machines.

Yeah. Fork those things. Ugh.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:59 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

I hope your burns are okay, Nebraskalaska!

last night I was at a party with my friends and some people I don't know, at our friend Chris' house. Someone asked where Other Chris was, which is what we usually call whichever Chris is not present at the time. Someone else commented that he probably doesn't like being called Other Chris, and in the course of that discussion, not thinking before I spoke, I announced, loudly, "Well, if he showed up, we wouldn't have to call him Other Chris, then we would call him Chris Who Comes". And everyone's eyes got big and they started trying to not spit out their drinks with laughter. It took me a good bit to get it, too. Awkward.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 12:35 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

Fizzgig wrote:

Aw, thanks! Most of the burn was just first degree, and there are only a few small spots worse than that. It's only a little sore today.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:56 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

Nebraskalaska wrote:
Fizzgig wrote:

Aw, thanks! Most of the burn was just first degree, and there are only a few small spots worse than that. It's only a little sore today.

sue those mustards!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:14 am 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

Nebraskalaska wrote:
Fizzgig wrote:

Yesterday evening, wyvern and I went out for Indian food and as I was trying to put some of his channa masala on my plate to try it, I instead dumped the whole (really hot) dish all over my lap. It forking burned at the time, but luckily this morning there seems to be no lasting damage except to my pants.

Between that and the fact that my period came 5-10 days early this month, I think I'm going to only ever wear black pants from now on. God damn.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 11:22 am 
Kale Wreath

Louzilla wrote:
Between that and the fact that my period came 5-10 days early this month, I think I'm going to only ever wear black pants from now on. God damn.

I'm pretty sure that menstruation accounts for approximately half of the embarrassing moments of my life. Leakages, surprises, tampons escaping from my bag when I'm talking to a crush...it never ends.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 1:36 pm 
Top of the food chain & doesn't need to prove it

I told you, if you wanted to have a food fight then you should have thrown the food at someone else, not yourself. You got a pair of my pants to change into and my belt though! That was your plan all along anyway.

My most embarrassing moment? Getting pulled over in a taxi cab, the first time in a taxi no less! Awkward...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 6:29 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

So earlier today me and the girlfriend went to get some Indian food at this really cheap little cafe place in town that does many vegan friendly curries and cakes and stuff. So we're getting off the (London underground) train and exiting the station fairly hurriedly as we're both starving and excited at the prospect of such amazing culinary delights. She gets on the escalator in front of me and I opt at the last second for the good old fashioned staircase, as even though I'll have to work twice as hard just to keep up with the gf steadily walking up an escalator, I'm going to earn the right to stuff my face with curries and cake... I glanced across to say something in time to catch her tripping up the escalator in all the haste, getting up and nervously laughing, turning around assuming I'm directly behind her and wondering what the hell is going on. She's confused I'm not there, so I call across if she's ok and I'm totally concentrating on her now and so I trip up and land on my hands and knees on the staircase. Got up and carried on straight away and we both started laughing, but I tell you it was painfully embarrassing inside. We must have looked like such a special couple to all those witnesses.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 14, 2011 7:38 pm 
Hip Goiter

Badgermog wrote:
So earlier today me and the girlfriend went to get some Indian food at this really cheap little cafe place in town that does many vegan friendly curries and cakes and stuff. So we're getting off the (London underground) train and exiting the station fairly hurriedly as we're both starving and excited at the prospect of such amazing culinary delights. She gets on the escalator in front of me and I opt at the last second for the good old fashioned staircase, as even though I'll have to work twice as hard just to keep up with the gf steadily walking up an escalator, I'm going to earn the right to stuff my face with curries and cake... I glanced across to say something in time to catch her tripping up the escalator in all the haste, getting up and nervously laughing, turning around assuming I'm directly behind her and wondering what the hell is going on. She's confused I'm not there, so I call across if she's ok and I'm totally concentrating on her now and so I trip up and land on my hands and knees on the staircase. Got up and carried on straight away and we both started laughing, but I tell you it was painfully embarrassing inside. We must have looked like such a special couple to all those witnesses.

Hilarious!

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 1:57 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

This is my husband's story, but too funny not to share: We were walking around the city one night and my shoes were killing me, so we decided to take the subway one stop home to save some steps. It was the middle of the summer and the platform was crazy hot and we had to wait about 10 minutes for the train to show up. We finally got on board and were both holding the same pole. At some point, I shifted my hand to another pole, but my husband didn't notice. He moved his hand down to place it on what he assumed was my hand and said, "All this for five blocks." He looked down to see that he was holding the hand of a very scared little man. He jerked his hand away and as soon as we arrived at our stop, we both dashed off the train laughing uncontrollably. That poor guy!

ETA: This thread has me cracking up! Bravo, fellow awkward PPKers!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 6:03 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

At Starbucks I said "grand-eee" instead of "grand-ay".

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 8:40 pm 
Wears Durian Helmet

This is also someone elses story but I have to share it. At the hospital when we got to the recovery room my boyfriend laid out my bra on the windowsil to dry because I had been wearing it in the tub. He got up from sitting in front of the window and went downstairs to the cafe to get some food and ran to the car to get the rest of our stuff. It wasn't till he got back that he turned with his back facing me and he had my bra hanging from his dreads. I laughed so hard I cried, like 5 times. In fact I am still laughing and it hurts to laugh. I still can't believe noone said anything to him because he said the cafe was packed.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:15 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Mars wrote:
Nebraskalaska wrote:
hell-sent single serving coffee machines.

Yeah. Fork those things. Ugh.

If you mean Keurig, I have one and think it's great! You don't have to buy the disposable single serve coffee, it can be used with a permanent filter and fresh ground beans.

bird noises | book of faces

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 9:47 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

bunniee wrote:
If you mean Keurig, I have one and think it's great! You don't have to buy the disposable single serve coffee, it can be used with a permanent filter and fresh ground beans.

Actually that's not too terrible then. It's weird though, I went to this kitchen place once too and like Nebraskalaska they gave me a sample, I asked if you could use it without the little packets and they said no!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 10:11 pm 
Making Threats to Punks Again

My roommate's got one and you can definitely grind your own preferred blend and use that. I used to make fun of them, but I've really grown to like it. I'm not sure I would purchase one for myself, though.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 2:56 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

bathsheba wrote:
At Starbucks I said "grand-eee" instead of "grand-ay".

How could THAT happen! /irony

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 4:31 am 
Not NOT A Furry

tank, that's really, really funny!!!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:31 pm 
Hip Goiter

I have one.

I went to CVS on my lunch break to buy Junior Mints (important part of the story: I got em!) and as I was leaving the candy aisle, I bumped into a man slightly taller than me and said "Oh, excuse me sir, I'm sorry."

It was a Santa Claus statue.

Laughfrodisiac

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:41 pm 
Semen Strong

Tank, that is awesome.

Mine is older, but Randi's reminded me of it. I was looking for vegan coats in Burlington Coat Factory, and saw a tall man standing looking at coats. Thinking it was my husband I walked over hugged him and felt him up. Needless to say it wasn't my husband.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:41 pm 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

tank, I'm dying here.

Randi, that is really funny!

love you all. and this thread.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 7:45 pm 
Hip Goiter

Tofulish wrote:
Tank, that is awesome.

Mine is older, but Randi's reminded me of it. I was looking for vegan coats in Burlington Coat Factory, and saw a tall man standing looking at coats. Thinking it was my husband I walked over hugged him and felt him up. Needless to say it wasn't my husband.

Amaaazing! I'm hysterical

Laughfrodisiac

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next