| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Aug 23, 2014 4:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your embarrassing moment of the week
PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:01 pm 
Keepin' It Seal

Tofulish wrote:
Mine is older, but Randi's reminded me of it. I was looking for vegan coats in Burlington Coat Factory, and saw a tall man standing looking at coats. Thinking it was my husband I walked over hugged him and felt him up. Needless to say it wasn't my husband.

I have to remember this next time I need a good laugh!

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 8:59 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

tank wrote:
This is also someone elses story but I have to share it. At the hospital when we got to the recovery room my boyfriend laid out my bra on the windowsil to dry because I had been wearing it in the tub. He got up from sitting in front of the window and went downstairs to the cafe to get some food and ran to the car to get the rest of our stuff. It wasn't till he got back that he turned with his back facing me and he had my bra hanging from his dreads. I laughed so hard I cried, like 5 times. In fact I am still laughing and it hurts to laugh. I still can't believe noone said anything to him because he said the cafe was packed.

This made my day.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 9:03 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

I can imagine people wondering if it was some new fashion thing.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 16, 2011 11:21 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

RandiJM wrote:
I have one.

I went to CVS on my lunch break to buy Junior Mints (important part of the story: I got em!) and as I was leaving the candy aisle, I bumped into a man slightly taller than me and said "Oh, excuse me sir, I'm sorry."

It was a Santa Claus statue.

Ha! I work at CVS & I do the same thing every.damned.day. Stupid Santa.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:45 am 
Making Threats to Punks Again

Tofulish wrote:
Mine is older, but Randi's reminded me of it. I was looking for vegan coats in Burlington Coat Factory, and saw a tall man standing looking at coats. Thinking it was my husband I walked over hugged him and felt him up. Needless to say it wasn't my husband.

This was a year or so ago, but I was at a used book store here and this guy came and smacked me on the asparagus and asked if I was ready to go. It wasn't my boyfriend, who was elsewhere in the store. When I turned and looked at the guy, he got this horrified look on his face when he realized I wasn't his girlfriend and he bolted without saying anything.

In his defense, I saw his girlfriend and we were both blonde and wearing jeans and the same color shirt.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 3:14 pm 
Dead by dawn

Tzippy wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

This was a year or so ago, but I was at a used book store here and this guy came and smacked me on the asparagus and asked if I was ready to go. It wasn't my boyfriend, who was elsewhere in the store. When I turned and looked at the guy, he got this horrified look on his face when he realized I wasn't his girlfriend and he bolted without saying anything.

In his defense, I saw his girlfriend and we were both blonde and wearing jeans and the same color shirt.

Haha, biker boy is a big ass-smacker. I can totally see him smacking the wrong backside someday.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 6:12 pm 
WRETCHED

monkeytoes wrote:
Tzippy wrote:
Tofulish wrote:

Haha, biker boy is a big ass-smacker. I can totally see him smacking the wrong backside someday.

I almost did this recently! Some guy was bending over, thought it was my husband. Hesitated to realize it wasn't but before the asparagus smack.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:00 am 
Kale Wreath

Reviving this thread because I had a good one today.

I was at my favorite clothing shop talking to the two staff people in Japanese (which always makes me feel flustered and do stupid things) and I was kind of rushing, so after I made my purchase I turned around to leave (while talking) and barrelled into a jewelry display.

Reminded me of the time I walked into a pole while talking to someone after an all-nighter.

Lesson: never talk to people again.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:09 am 
Thinks chickens are assholes

Three different teams of workmen discussing my clogged toilet. It seems my friend might have put a pile of wipes down there. They've taken the toilet off and are hoaking though a couple of days worth of waste... cringe!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:01 pm 
Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan Vegan

This has been a week of embarrassing awkward moments, each more intense than the last.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:13 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

I was hanging out with someone I was kind of dating at the time, and he patted my leg, then my other one, saying "one, two." Weird enough in itself, but whatever, so I patted his and said, "Three, four." Paused, then said, "And...where's the fifth?"
He gave me a totally shocked stare for a solid thirty seconds before I realized what had just come out of my mouth.

The Oxford Imposition: http://theoxfordimposition.wordpress.com

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:12 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

missdelaney wrote:
I was hanging out with someone I was kind of dating at the time, and he patted my leg, then my other one, saying "one, two." Weird enough in itself, but whatever, so I patted his and said, "Three, four." Paused, then said, "And...where's the fifth?"
He gave me a totally shocked stare for a solid thirty seconds before I realized what had just come out of my mouth.

HAHAHAAHA this made me laugh so hard I thought my eyeballs were going to fall out <3

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 8:21 pm 
Banned from Vegan Freaks.

I'm laughing so hard right now.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:30 pm 
Attended Chelsea Clinton's Wedding

I spent at least 2 minutes trying to get a display thing of nail art products to spin around in a crowded pharmacy. The boyfriend then walked up to me and informed me that the display rack wasn't one of the ones that spin. Cringe.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 4:06 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

Went barreling up the stairs at college and I'm wearing thin heels (clack clack clack clack clack). Swung around the landing and almost imprinted my face on the gigantic backpack of a student slowly trudging up the stairs. Stopped myself by grabbing the railing with my right hand, while my left arm and leg made wide circles and I did a magnificent back bend. I looked like a demented Twyla Tharp vignette.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:18 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

I will start with someone else's story (I've been told this by my friend bout 100 times, it is her favorite anecdote):
one of my professors (who is kind of an intimidating mythical figure in the eyes of most of the school) was walking down the stairs to the lobby and on the last two steps he trips, falls, battle rolls, hops back up, turns around and makes eye contact with my friend who was the only one in the area and says "Good thing I'm a cat" before turning and exiting the building.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:51 am 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Hahahah! That's so brilliant. I'm going to start doing that every time I trip.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:25 pm 
Has gasoline in her veins

I love this thread.

Boober, that story is great!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 2:28 pm 

booberthefraggle wrote:
I will start with someone else's story (I've been told this by my friend bout 100 times, it is her favorite anecdote):
one of my professors (who is kind of an intimidating mythical figure in the eyes of most of the school) was walking down the stairs to the lobby and on the last two steps he trips, falls, battle rolls, hops back up, turns around and makes eye contact with my friend who was the only one in the area and says "Good thing I'm a cat" before turning and exiting the building.

I am unclear as to who was embarrassed in this story!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:06 pm 
Remembers When Veganism Was Cool

I started a new job to go with my old job which is now part time. There are also some other new starters at my new job so we're all on our best company manners. One of them asked me how I was and I said I'd hurt my back. She said "are you seeing anyone" and I said something like "I wish! no, I think I just slept funny..." before realising she meant a doctor or chiropractor.

I don't think I'm going to live that down in a hurry.

"and by "load of facts" you mean a bag of flaming poop, right?" - supercarrot

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:34 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

choirqueer wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:

I am unclear as to who was embarrassed in this story!

more of a "turning around an embarrassing experience and making it awesome/furthering your enigmatic status" story, really

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:06 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Temporarily occupied a coworker's desk to escape the heat of being right next to a south-facing window. Started whining/mumbling to myself a little bit when my boss wasn't at his desk and I needed to ask a question. Looked up to find the other two coworkers in line with this desk are staring at me as if I've grown two extra heads. Darn. (Edited to make the swear milder since it didn't seem to have caught? Though since it's mine, it might have been fine for everyone else??)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:11 pm 
Should Write a Goddam Book Already

That's amazing, dropscone. :D :D :D

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:25 pm 

dropscone wrote:
I started a new job to go with my old job which is now part time. There are also some other new starters at my new job so we're all on our best company manners. One of them asked me how I was and I said I'd hurt my back. She said "are you seeing anyone" and I said something like "I wish! no, I think I just slept funny..." before realising she meant a doctor or chiropractor.

HA! In the US I think you would say "have you seen someone?" to mean a doctor or a chiropractor, whereas "are you seeing anyone?" would connote exactly what you thought it connoted ;-)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:36 am 
Wears Durian Helmet

choirqueer wrote:
dropscone wrote:

HA! In the US I think you would say "have you seen someone?" to mean a doctor or a chiropractor, whereas "are you seeing anyone?" would connote exactly what you thought it connoted ;-)

yeah, my first reaction was: How could she ask a new colleague whether she is seeing anyone?? none of her business if dropscone has a sex life!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next