| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:43 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject: Re: Your embarrassing moment of the week
PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:22 am 
Not NOT A Furry

ha - speaking of sex life. I woke up to the sound of horrible snoring yesterday morning and it turned out my parents were sleeping in my living room. They were on the way home from chicago and had apparently made a pit stop at my place unannounced? Anyway - my gf, who my parents didn't really know about, was beside me so got introduced eventually and my mom said - I thought I saw 2 heads when I peeked in there! And I don't know if 2 heads is a euphemistic way of saying two naked chicks because I have no idea about cover arrangement at that point. ahhhh - I think everyone handled it well, though. A pretty low key 'coming out' story, eh?

-alice1drland

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:08 am 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

nip slip in a crowded stairwell leading down into the subway yesterday. Made a man asking for change very very happy. damn tube top dresses.

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:26 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Posting in the wrong thread! PPK social suicide!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:30 am 
used to bullseye womp rats in my T-16

Mars wrote:

I was wondering that that post was all about! <3

The day Joy stops coming out of my anus is the day that something else awesome stops doing whatever it is also doing. - Mars

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 9:32 am 
Ninja Master

I stepped on my own shoe in salsa class last night and stumbled like a kumquat. Which would have been fine if I wasn't dancing with the instructor in front of the whole class. Luckily I didn't actually fall over.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:24 am 
Sick of Cupcakes

Mars wrote:

Just say a few Kale Marys, you'll be forgiven soon.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:40 am 
Calls "cavemen" on that

I was dancing at a concert on Sunday and both boobs fell out of my shirt. Embarassing for my fiancee...not for me really. Some guy took pictures.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 8:37 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

oh wow hey, hello how has this thread not been updated in a billion years?

my embarrassing moment of the day was when i was laying across my bed with my face in the box fan that rests in my open window saying nonsense words through the fan (AS ONE IS EXPECTED TO DO ON A VERY WARM DAY) and my neighbor walked by. my apartment is situated so that when he walked by his face was maybe 4 inches away from mine while I was talking nonsense in to the fan and we made eye contact and held it for the entire time he was walking past.
This is probably why people I don't recognize always seem to know who I am and where I live.

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:20 pm 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Maybe it wasn't that embarrassing, but at my sister's grad party last week, I squealed "she's SO CUTE" when I saw my baby second cousin for the first time. The thing that made it embarrassing was the reaction of my cousin and his wife. They were just kind of like, "yeah . . ."

PostPosted: Sun Jul 01, 2012 10:58 pm 
Asked Santa for a pony

I was at Portobello and our waiter walks up to give us the check right as I start choking on a sip of water. I hacked for a good 30 seconds.

This happens to me all the time.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

booberthefraggle wrote:
my embarrassing moment of the day was when i was laying across my bed with my face in the box fan that rests in my open window saying nonsense words through the fan (AS ONE IS EXPECTED TO DO ON A VERY WARM DAY) and my neighbor walked by. my apartment is situated so that when he walked by his face was maybe 4 inches away from mine while I was talking nonsense in to the fan and we made eye contact and held it for the entire time he was walking past.
This is probably why people I don't recognize always seem to know who I am and where I live.

Boober, I love you.

A friend and I have to go apologize to one of our profs today... since last week we went to one of her courses drunk. And even brought another bottle of wine. It seemed like such a good idea at the time. How stupid can two people be? (And why do our office parties always have to start at noon?) I'm super ashamed of myself.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:18 am 
Addicted to B12 Enemas

I was in the shoe department of a big store here and walked past the display of knee high boots. And of course, I bumped the first one on the display which triggered the domino effect so there were about twelve boots all over the place. Then I picked them up and tried to put them back on those stupid useless sloping shoe stand things, then they all fell down again. So I just left them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:03 am 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Two! I bled through a dress yesterday. It was a kinda tight blue cotton dress, and I was NOT expecting my period. Fun! I was at work, and too busy to go home to change, so I just washed it out as best I could and dealt with the embarrassment of a soaked back of my dress.

Second: I interviewed a girl two weeks ago, but I decided not to hire her. I passed on her info to a coworker to work in a different area, and she was hired. The other day, I saw someone I didn't recognize and introduced myself. She said, "yes, I know who you are. Remember that you interviewed me?". I felt like such a tool and apologized profusely, which probably made me seem even more pathetic. I AM SO BAD WITH FACES. I swear I don't even look at people. My boyfriend could grow a beard and I wouldn't even notice.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 02, 2012 10:14 am 
Prefers Jar Jar Binks over Han Solo

vijita wrote:
Second: I interviewed a girl two weeks ago, but I decided not to hire her. I passed on her info to a coworker to work in a different area, and she was hired. The other day, I saw someone I didn't recognize and introduced myself. She said, "yes, I know who you are. Remember that you interviewed me?". I felt like such a tool and apologized profusely, which probably made me seem even more pathetic. I AM SO BAD WITH FACES. I swear I don't even look at people. My boyfriend could grow a beard and I wouldn't even notice.

Oh vijita, that happened to me all the time. I used to interview about 10 people per week, some would get hired, and then we met somewhere and of course they remembered me and I had no clue who they were. With one girl it happened twice that I introduced myself as if we had never met. Com'on, they would see you for one hour, you would see them and 200 others for one hour each. No way to recognize them.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:08 am 
Aired her grievances, lost the feat of strength

Nebraskalaska wrote:
I was at Portobello and our waiter walks up to give us the check right as I start choking on a sip of water. I hacked for a good 30 seconds.

This happens to me all the time.

This happened to me at the cinema at the weekend, husband & I were chatting to two random dudes about Batman & I started choking on my water. Fail.

Todays embarrassing moment's even better though! I'd been running on a treadmill at the gym for about 30 seconds when I managed to slam my arm down on my headphone cable, my phone disconnected, flew OVER my shoulder, hit the machine behind me (and of course there was someone on it!), it then slid across the floor and went underneath a cross trainer. It was just out of reach, so I had to go & get one of the personal trainers to lift the machine up for me so that I could get it back and he definitely gave me a look that said 'you're too incompetent to be at a gym', coincidentally it's also the most packed I've seen the gym in weeks.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 8:54 am 
Ninja Master

Ah man I am also too incompetent to be in a gym!

I've done that with the iPod headphones cable before. Only it made me lose my balance and come very close to falling off the cross-trainer (which is really high up!). I kind of smacked myself against the side of it. Luckily I think only my friend saw but she already knows I'm special.

I have a tendency to swing my arms too much as well on the treadmill and smack the emergency stop button by mistake, which leads to it stopping dead and me almost falling off the treadmill. This has happened SO many times.

Make up blog: http://love-lipstick.blogspot.com
Food blog: http://alienontoast.blogspot.com
FB Page for both blogs: http://www.facebook.com/lipstickontoast

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 10:00 am 
Impressive boner

I was on the treadmill at the gym a few weeks ago and thought 'I hope I don't fall off.' My mind wandered and 20 seconds later I was on the floor with skinned knees and elbows, bleeding. Everyone turned and stared at me.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 2:47 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I was at the airport a few days ago waiting to walk through the scanner thing, and the security guy that was manning it asked :"are they metal implants?" He was looking at me while he asked it and I was confused and said :"I am wearing a bras with wires". He then notioned that he was asking his coworker behind me. I quickly ran through the gate thing and felt quite embarrassed. I did think it was weird to ask such a thing, but what do I know...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:28 pm 
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy

la vie sale wrote:
I was at the airport a few days ago waiting to walk through the scanner thing, and the security guy that was manning it asked :"are they metal implants?" He was looking at me while he asked it and I was confused and said :"I am wearing a bras with wires". He then notioned that he was asking his coworker behind me. I quickly ran through the gate thing and felt quite embarrassed. I did think it was weird to ask such a thing, but what do I know...

I wonder if you could ask specifically for metal implants?

This is the first step to becoming futuristic cyborg superhero overlords. I am ready for this.

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 23, 2012 4:23 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Texted a potential employer something meant for someone else... about them. Oops!

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 12:55 pm 
Sick of Cupcakes

Anek wrote:
vijita wrote:

Oh vijita, that happened to me all the time. I used to interview about 10 people per week, some would get hired, and then we met somewhere and of course they remembered me and I had no clue who they were. With one girl it happened twice that I introduced myself as if we had never met. Com'on, they would see you for one hour, you would see them and 200 others for one hour each. No way to recognize them.

I think a lot of people don't understand that some people just don't recognize faces and it's nothing personal. I grew up with a parent who has full-blown prosopagnosia ("face blindness") a diagnosable condition where you simply cannot recognize people's faces...he wouldn't even necessarily recognize me if he saw me somewhere that he wasn't expecting to see me, it doesn't mean he doesn't know who I am, he just doesn't recognize faces. And I think it's pretty normal that even people without that condition still just sometimes don't recognize faces. I think if we all realized how normal it was, it wouldn't be such a big embarrassing deal.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:02 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

choirqueer wrote:
I think a lot of people don't understand that some people just don't recognize faces and it's nothing personal. I grew up with a parent who has full-blown prosopagnosia ("face blindness") a diagnosable condition where you simply cannot recognize people's faces...he wouldn't even necessarily recognize me if he saw me somewhere that he wasn't expecting to see me, it doesn't mean he doesn't know who I am, he just doesn't recognize faces. And I think it's pretty normal that even people without that condition still just sometimes don't recognize faces. I think if we all realized how normal it was, it wouldn't be such a big embarrassing deal.

There was a radio lab bit about this condition, and it really made it seem more like everyone is just on a spectrum of prosopagnosia, so people who would never say they had this but who do consider themselves to be 'bad with faces' aren't just being a forgetful person, it's actually just how their brain works.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:10 pm 
Kitchens Planning Manchester

I am really good with faces (and have a good memory in general) and sometimes I swear it ends up being just as awkward. I easily recognize people I met once 5 years ago (and remember their names and hobbies and whatnot) but I never know when I should assume they know me too or when I should introduce myself.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:15 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

My skirt blew up and stayed up for a good few seconds, on a busy downtown street, the other day. I was so flustered I couldn't even look around to see who saw, but it was busy so I know people saw. My butt. I was wearing full coverage underwear though, thankfully.

T.'s embarassing thing of yesterday: I was sitting on the couch and he was cleaning up the kitchen after dinner and came over with a can of tomato sauce that had like a few tbsp left in it and asked me if I wanted to keep that. I said no. He turns around, trips over Gershwin who was hovering around his feet, tries to not land on Gershwin and so he flies across the room, spilling tomato sauce on an upholstered, plush white chair. And then lands on the floor, covered in tomato sauce.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:21 pm 
Bought a used copy of Natural Harvest

Oooh, ooh! Another one that's not mine.
We had a baby shower for a co-worker recently, and one of the games was about funny baby names. Then we all started talking about names that are funny for babies - someone mentioned Dick. Quiet, older co-worker pipes up just when a lull fell over the group - "Actually, I like Dick!"

Same co-worker, different event, there was a buffet and she walks up to a big executive and remarks on his plate by saying, "That's a big piece of meat you've got there!", completely innocently.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 129 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next