| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:37 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:32 pm 
Offline
We So Excited
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 575
I'm probably not the only one with a ridiculous situation that could really use a panda song title.

I just had a conversation with my mom where she was breathtaking in her cluelessness. She actually wanted my advice about how to nicely tell my niece (who's really struggling lately) she's not allowed to bring her (American Indian, but of course that has nothing to do with it) boyfriend home for Thanksgiving. Because, you know, that's not a subject that would trigger anything for me. This is why I do not spend Thanksgiving or Christmas with my family.

So, panda, what would the country song here be?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 9:46 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7338
Location: bindlestiff
My Ladyfriend and I Don't Mind Eating Tater Tots and Peppermint Jojo Milkshakes Christmas Morning Instead of Eating Your Canned Peas and Homophobia for Lunch

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:15 pm 
Offline
We So Excited
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 575
Amazing.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:16 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7338
Location: bindlestiff
You're welcome. This was an easy thread.

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:18 pm 
Offline
We So Excited
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 575
So far. I'm imagining (by which I mean hoping) there will be other requests for your talent.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:20 pm 
Offline
We So Excited
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 575
pandacookie wrote:
My Ladyfriend and I Don't Mind Eating Tater Tots and Peppermint Jojo Milkshakes Christmas Morning Instead of Eating Your Canned Peas and Homophobia for Lunch


My ladyfriend will most likely be with her mom christmas morning, but thanksgiving morning this song title will absolutely be a reality.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:20 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7338
Location: bindlestiff
Who wouldn't want a ridiculous song title custom made for them?

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:23 pm 
Offline
We So Excited
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 7:44 pm
Posts: 575
George W. Bush. That's who.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:25 pm 
Offline
Emotionally Allergic to Dairy
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 11:28 pm
Posts: 3178
Location: San Francisco
pandacookie wrote:
My Ladyfriend and I Don't Mind Eating Tater Tots and Peppermint Jojo Milkshakes Christmas Morning Instead of Eating Your Canned Peas and Homophobia for Lunch


That... sounds like the most amazing thing ever. Now I want a significant other so that I can do that.

...I just sank into a very vivid fantasy of this wonderful Christmas morning scenario and now I am kind of depressed that it is not my real life. DAMMIT.

_________________
Your heart is a muscle the size of a fist
Keep loving, keep fighting

Be the trouble you want to see in the world.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:26 pm 
Offline
Sick of Cupcakes
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:35 pm
Posts: 6745
Location: Norristown, PA
I would like a song title too, but I'm not sure what I want my song to be about, so maybe I need to request some lyrics, too.

_________________
Man, fork the gender card, imma come at you with the whole damned gender deck. - Olives
Did you ever think that, like, YOU are a sexy costume FOR a diva cup? - solipsistnation
blog! FB!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:27 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7338
Location: bindlestiff
DarthCupcake wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
My Ladyfriend and I Don't Mind Eating Tater Tots and Peppermint Jojo Milkshakes Christmas Morning Instead of Eating Your Canned Peas and Homophobia for Lunch


That... sounds like the most amazing thing ever. Now I want a significant other so that I can do that.

...I just sank into a very vivid fantasy of this wonderful Christmas morning scenario and now I am kind of depressed that it is not my real life. DAMMIT.

That was my Christmas morning last year. It was glorious. Replace ladyfriend with mr. bran though.

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:27 pm 
Offline
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 pm
Posts: 939
Location: East Van
Can you make up a song title for how my quitting work is going to go for me tomorrow?
Background info:
I've been working at a movie theatre for the last three months and I'm happily quitting so I can move to Vancouver and go to railway school. However, I have to quit to a manager who is constantly trying to inspire me to pursue a career at the theatre, like she had, and become an assistant manager one day.

_________________
"I'm in your vagina, lurkin on your garlics!" - paprikapapaya
"My vagina won't even come to the table because she's out fighting crime under the name The Pink Boom." - idatetattooedguys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:27 pm 
Offline
Dr Bronners, MD
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:36 pm
Posts: 4648
Location: Philadelphia
DarthCupcake wrote:
...I just sank into a very vivid fantasy of this wonderful Christmas morning scenario and now I am kind of depressed that it is not my real life. DAMMIT.

Seriously! I want tots and milkshakes for breakfast on christmas. Or every day.

_________________
@amandabear / illustration portfolio / will draw for cookies / more tea wesley?

"I'm now officially wafflesexual." - booberthefraggle


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:30 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7338
Location: bindlestiff
ExpiredSanity wrote:
Can you make up a song title for how my quitting work is going to go for me tomorrow?
Background info:
I've been working at a movie theatre for the last three months and I'm happily quitting so I can move to Vancouver and go to railway school. However, I have to quit to a manager who is constantly trying to inspire me to pursue a career at the theatre, like she had, and become an assistant manager one day.

I Will Hop the Rails To Happiness Instead of Living in Your Theater of Doom

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:31 pm 
Offline
Chard Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 9636
Location: SW Desert, USA
I want a pandacookie song, obviously, but I can't figure out how to articulate all of the shiitake that is going on in my life right now... but here is a little bit for starters:

-My mom is staying with me for a month (she likes to comment on my life, make me feel like shiitake about what I'm doing/not doing with my life, my weight, my food choices, my employment situation, the licensure examination I need to be studying for), she doesn't help around the house at all, she never leaves the house so I don't get a moment to myself
-I'm self-sabotaging by not studying for the licensure examination and I need to take it within the next six months
-I got my "hey, you need to start preparing to pay your student loans back because your 6 month grace period is half over" papers this weekend and I don't have a job or even the prospect of one

I'm guessing that is enough?
Please, pandacookie, make me laugh.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:32 pm 
Offline
No-pants hermit 4 lyfe
User avatar

Joined: Sun Oct 24, 2010 10:22 am
Posts: 3159
Location: BKLN
you already gave me the perfect song title; now i'm just waiting for the rest of the lyrics for "hummus come home."

_________________
"rise from the ashes of douchebaggery like a fancy vegan phoenix" - amandabear
"I'm pretty sure the moral of this story is: fork pants." - cq


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7338
Location: bindlestiff
choirqueer wrote:
I would like a song title too, but I'm not sure what I want my song to be about, so maybe I need to request some lyrics, too.

My Teddy Bear and I Don't Need No Costumes To Be Library Ho and Disco Seat We Just Need a Can of Beans and a Dream

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:33 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 4063
Location: St. Louis
I keep screwing up metals projects, and I'm worried about my scholarship. Title me please!

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:35 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7338
Location: bindlestiff
Meggs wrote:
I want a pandacookie song, obviously, but I can't figure out how to articulate all of the shiitake that is going on in my life right now... but here is a little bit for starters:

-My mom is staying with me for a month (she likes to comment on my life, make me feel like shiitake about what I'm doing/not doing with my life, my weight, my food choices, my employment situation, the licensure examination I need to be studying for), she doesn't help around the house at all, she never leaves the house so I don't get a moment to myself
-I'm self-sabotaging by not studying for the licensure examination and I need to take it within the next six months
-I got my "hey, you need to start preparing to pay your student loans back because your 6 month grace period is half over" papers this weekend and I don't have a job or even the prospect of one

I'm guessing that is enough?
Please, pandacookie, make me laugh.

My Mom Won't Shut Up and I Can't Drown Her Out With My Washtub Bass

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:36 pm 
Offline
Chard Martyr
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:49 pm
Posts: 9636
Location: SW Desert, USA
pandacookie wrote:
My Mom Won't Shut Up and I Can't Drown Her Out With My Washtub Bass

Thank you! <3


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:36 pm 
Offline
Because Bob Barker Told Me To
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:33 pm
Posts: 939
Location: East Van
pandacookie wrote:
ExpiredSanity wrote:
Can you make up a song title for how my quitting work is going to go for me tomorrow?
Background info:
I've been working at a movie theatre for the last three months and I'm happily quitting so I can move to Vancouver and go to railway school. However, I have to quit to a manager who is constantly trying to inspire me to pursue a career at the theatre, like she had, and become an assistant manager one day.

I Will Hop the Rails To Happiness Instead of Living in Your Theater of Doom

...that is so amazing and perfect. Thank you!

_________________
"I'm in your vagina, lurkin on your garlics!" - paprikapapaya
"My vagina won't even come to the table because she's out fighting crime under the name The Pink Boom." - idatetattooedguys


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:37 pm 
Offline
Just Loathin' Around!
User avatar

Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 8:17 pm
Posts: 7338
Location: bindlestiff
booberthefraggle wrote:
I keep screwing up metals projects, and I'm worried about my scholarship. Title me please!

I Went To Art School and All I Got Was This Lousy BFA

_________________
I sure do love beige food covered in gravy. -the wise rachell37

Panda With Cookie


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:43 pm 
Offline
Invented Vegan Meringue
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 3:10 pm
Posts: 4063
Location: St. Louis
pandacookie wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
I keep screwing up metals projects, and I'm worried about my scholarship. Title me please!

I Went To Art School and All I Got Was This Lousy BFA


heartbreakingly accurate.
thanks panderz!!

_________________
Space has stared into the tiny syrup holes of our shame and it does not judge us. - Amandabear

I have a blog: http://upthefolks.tumblr.com/
art: http://upthefolksstudio.tumblr.com/


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 1:24 am 
Offline
Member type 4
User avatar

Joined: Fri Nov 05, 2010 12:39 am
Posts: 596
Location: Brooklyn
pandacookie wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
I keep screwing up metals projects, and I'm worried about my scholarship. Title me please!

I Went To Art School and All I Got Was This Lousy BFA


The story, erm, song of my life.

_________________
danielle [noun]: she who says and posts stupid shiitake on the internet (see also ain't no bitchassness)
NEW llustration Blog


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject: Re: panda song title request thread
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:04 am 
Offline
Joking!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 21, 2010 9:41 pm
Posts: 233
Location: transient (fo realz)
booberthefraggle wrote:
pandacookie wrote:
booberthefraggle wrote:
I keep screwing up metals projects, and I'm worried about my scholarship. Title me please!

I Went To Art School and All I Got Was This Lousy BFA


heartbreakingly accurate.
thanks panderz!!


That's exactly how I've felt ever since I graduated! Except I also got 75k in loans that has grown exponentially since I graduated since I can't find a job and they've been in forbearance just accruing interest for years!


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 32 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: fezza, jojo and 6 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group
Template made by DEVPPL/ThatBigForum and fancied up by What Cheer