| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:21 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Pet peeves
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:39 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

kfad wrote:
I hate when cupboard doors are left open. It drives me batty.

Yes! It's even more annoying when the cupboards are messy because no one puts things back correctly.

I am a total cupboard control freak. I need help.

Another pet peeve is when people use too large of a container to store food. S/he will get a huge container because its the first one s/he found and only fill it 1/2 way, so fridge is full of half full (or less) containers when there could really be a lot more space if people weren't so lazy.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:45 pm 
Chard Martyr

People wearing shoes in my house when there are clearly shoes in a shoe bin/on a mat at the door and/or not even asking if they should take their shoes off.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:52 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Time left on the microwave. Clear it dammit!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:55 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

Meggs wrote:
People wearing shoes in my house when there are clearly shoes in a shoe bin/on a mat at the door and/or not even asking if they should take their shoes off.

I would assume they belong to the resident family and that does not necessarily mean I need to take mine off. I don't usually take off my shoes in other people's houses, so you really would have to tell me! I am not going to ask.

My pet peeves

- People who never hear what you are saying the first time around. They go "Huh?" before you even finish your sentence, and then they insist you tell them everything again, which you don't feel like doing because it's too much work, it wasn't that important and the moment has passed.

- On TV, when people think it's a good idea to confront a dangerous killer ALONE, with NO weapons, and no visible means of defense, telling him/her that they know what they did and they will call the police. Guys, it's a KILLER. You think he will say "Ok, sorry, you're right. I will let you live and let you call the police on me"??

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:56 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

GreatGarbanzo wrote:
Fee wrote:
On tv shows and movies when there's a big misunderstanding and then one of the main characters comes out never hearing the truth and just forgives blindly. Drives me bat shiitake.

This, and also, it irritates me to see 555 as the phone prefix. Really? Will people actually think that a phone number belongs to the celebrity (or worse, the character) and attempt to psycho-stalk someone based on a phone number they saw on TV?

The fact that when talking on the phone on TV, there is almost never a bye on both ends to signify the end of the conversation. You're lucky if you even get one bye. Most of the time they just end. JUST SAY BYE.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:59 pm 
WELFARIST!

fresh_paint wrote:
When the song "Jenny" came out, lots of people tried to dial 867-5309. Snopes has a thingy on it.

I totally tried to dial that number back in the day. So did everyone else I know (teenage friends). I'm trying to remember if anyone answered, it just rang endlessly or you got that "this number is not in service" message. No recollection. I feel like maybe it rang endlessly for callers in the Toronto area at the time.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:11 pm 
Dead by dawn

fatcat wrote:

This is definitely a sporkable offense.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:13 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

People who don't control their child(ren) in public

People who don't cover their mouth / nose when coughing / sneezing.

People who honk instead of getting their asparagus out of the car and walking to the door to knock.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:17 pm 
So Totally Yiffy

fatcat wrote:

My husband and I are bad for this - drives my daughter nuts. We came home one day to a little poster "Be a dear! Press stop/clear!" taped to the microwave door.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:18 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

Oh yes, many bus pet peeves. I think my biggest thing I wouldn't even call it a 'pet' peeve, because it's kind of a super big one, which is anyone on the bus that is not super-extreme polite about nose/mouth/throat stuff. IE, snorting, sneezing, coughing, hacking. When there is someone doing these things I have actually taken to shrugging off the embarrassment for being neurotic and I just put my scarf over my mouth and nose and glare.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:23 pm 

seitanicverses wrote:
fresh_paint wrote:
When the song "Jenny" came out, lots of people tried to dial 867-5309. Snopes has a thingy on it.

I totally tried to dial that number back in the day. So did everyone else I know (teenage friends). I'm trying to remember if anyone answered, it just rang endlessly or you got that "this number is not in service" message. No recollection. I feel like maybe it rang endlessly for callers in the Toronto area at the time.

Didn't the 555 thing start because of a Snoopy episode?

I hate people who don't follow carry on restrictions-for the bus or a plane.
People who ask me if my fake nails are real-(they are obiviously fake crazy long fake) Or make the statement those aren't yours/real-OK what's your point? I want to start saying "no but the boobs are."
People who ask who the guy is when I say I'm a vegetarian now.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:24 pm 
Fair trade, organic mistletoe

Petunia wrote:
People that don't graciously accept a "Thank you". Things like You're welcome, it was my pleasure, I was happy to do it are all acceptable. Dismissive responses such as Sure, It was nothing, and No problem really annoy me.

This is something I'm really trying to work on. I picked up the habit of "no problem" etc. as a way of downplaying my contribution--which is all kinds of forked, I know--and I'm trying to now say "you're welcome" because I think it shows that you appreciate their thanks and that you are taking ownership for something nice you did for another.

"But really, anyone willing to dangle their baby in front of a crocodile is A-OK in my book."~SSD

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:27 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I find that really hard. My boss thanks me for everything and I would feel totally awkward saying "you're welcome" for doing what I never thought twice about doing. Like some times she'll thank me for telling her that I won't be coming in on some day. Or for checking in some books. "No problem" is easiest, also followed up with "you do realize that you guys pay me, right?"

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:34 pm 
Can't Dance, Isn't Part of Revolution

I hate it when people ask a question that is supposed to be a simple question but is actually pretty complex if you take it literally (and I take everything literally).
Examples:

"Are you feeling better?" a few days after I get sick. Of course, as anal as I am, my response is "NO, of course I'm not feeling better, I got sick two days ago! Show a little patience for my disease, jeez!" Although what the person really means is, "Are you feeling better than yesterday?"

"How much homework did you have?"
Apparently, I'm supposed to answer "A lot" or "A little", but I don't think in those terms. The phrase "how much" makes me think of numbers, so I respond, "What do you mean, how much? How do you measure homework? In units of assignments? Cause you know, some assignments are bigger than others, so you can't really quantify them!"

"What's up?"
Of course I always answer with exactly what is up, from what I had for breakfast this morning to how many crazy people approached me on the bus, but apparently, to a lot of people, the phrase actually just means "Hello" and is not supposed to have an answer.

I say, people just need to be more precise and say exactly what they mean.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:58 pm 

Fee wrote:
GreatGarbanzo wrote:
Fee wrote:
On tv shows and movies when there's a big misunderstanding and then one of the main characters comes out never hearing the truth and just forgives blindly. Drives me bat shiitake.

This, and also, it irritates me to see 555 as the phone prefix. Really? Will people actually think that a phone number belongs to the celebrity (or worse, the character) and attempt to psycho-stalk someone based on a phone number they saw on TV?

The fact that when talking on the phone on TV, there is almost never a bye on both ends to signify the end of the conversation. You're lucky if you even get one bye. Most of the time they just end. JUST SAY BYE.

When people make plans in movies after they just met and THEY NEVER SHOW THEM EXCHANGING ACTUAL CONTACT INFORMATION. Like there's an automatic knowledge of the other person's address for them to be picked up at around 8. Drives me CRAZY.

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:59 pm 

GraciaKai wrote:
kfad wrote:
I hate when cupboard doors are left open. It drives me batty.

This! Its like the forking Sixth Sense in my house. Close damn cabinet door!

AGREED TO THE MOTHERFORKING Nth POWER. I had a roommate like this and I literally could not understand how one could leave the doors open after getting what they needed out of it. DOES NOT COMPUTE.

Organarchists Unite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:03 am 

A few others:

-I hate contact with water if I'm not planning it i.e. getting my shirt wet from doing the dishes or having some form of liquid spilled on me accidentally
-Anything touching my feet, especially my toes. I have extra sensitive toes
-When the husband keeps his shoes on after he comes home from somewhere without plans of leaving again
-People who don't return borrowed items. Seriously. Just give it back.
-Trying to sleep when it's too hot
-Being woken up in the middle of a deep sleep ALWAYS gives me a terrible migraine

Organarchists Unite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 12:07 am 

I also hate it when people respond to something I say with a word or phrase that doesn't make sense in its context, such as "TRUE" or "THERE YOU GO."

Me: "I really prefer strawberries to bananas."
Dumb person who doesn't know how to talk: "TRUE."

Me: "I have a third nipple."
DPWDKHTT: "WELL THERE YOU GO."

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:03 am 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

gnarls_baudelaire wrote:

... elaborate?

also pics.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:06 am 

gnarls_baudelaire wrote:

A la Mallrats with the whole suction nipple thing...

Organarchists Unite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:24 am 

Sorry to disappoint, but I don't really have a third nipple.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:25 am 
Member type 4

fresh_paint wrote:
So, there seems to be this epidemic at work of people taking a dump and then trying to cover up the smell by spraying Lysol in the air. That's there to disinfect the seat, not freshen the air. And air fresheners never help with poop smell. They just make the air smell like flowery poop.

What's your biggest peeve right now?

They're using this terrible apple cinnamon lysol spray in our bathroom. It smells like absolute death. shiitake smells better than that chemical crepe. It is SO forking bad!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:25 am 

gnarls_baudelaire wrote:

gnarls_baudelaire wrote:
Sorry to disappoint, but I don't really have a third nipple.

False advertising :(

Organarchists Unite

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:26 am 
Member type 4

The woman I share my office with has her blackberry volume on full, and she gets a ton of text message (default noise). Every time she receives one, the bloop noise is insanely loud and distorted. It scares the crepe out of me every time.

WANT TO SMASH!!!

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 1:47 am 
Invented Vegan Meringue

Fee wrote:

YES. This infuriates me. I actually feel personally insulted by it, as if the person on TV was being rude to me.

I said this somewhere before but whatever, it's valid so you can hear it again. My number one hate ever is when you're out having drinks or something and someone pulls out their phone and forces you to sit there and watch some stupid video they downloaded. And then someone else inevitably makes you watch another video, because it's funnier than the first. And it just keeps going on, while I'm sitting there boiling with rage because seriously, if I wanted to watch stupid YouTube videos I would do it at home. Probably naked. I didn't come to hang out with you because I wanted to watch videos of cats, I came to actually hang out.

Also, I hate that my boyfriend is apparently physically incapable of putting the Vegemite away. I swear I have to put it back in the pantry at least three times a day.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 229 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10  Next