| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sat Dec 20, 2014 2:48 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: typing instructor is kicking my asparagus!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:33 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

I broke down and bought this program so I could improve my typing, which I've never thought was bad until I tried a test. I got "expert touch typist" on the skills test, but it must have been a mistake, because I keep retaking the same test and not passing it. I cannot go on to the next level until I do and I swear I have taken it 20+ times. I am going to take a break and try again later, but it is frustrating. I want to get a good score on my typing test next week because a lot of jobs I am applying for want a certificate.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter

Post subject: Re: typing instructor is kicking my asparagus!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:37 pm 
Trapped On A Desert Island With A Cow

You got this.
:)

Organarchists Unite

Vegan Sushi Roll Pillows & More!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:44 pm 
WELFARIST!

Typing tests are ridick! How they score them. I don't know if it's still the same, but this thread suggests it might be. Something like minus five words for every minor error? And this was in the liquid paper/IBM selectric days. You know, no screens, just the paper, typewriter and YOU.

I once went for this job interview and I knew I was a kickass typist because I'd already been doing it at my earlier job for a year, but I failed their typing test terribly, like got in the minus words (my typing speed was -25 words a minute, or something) so anyway, they liked me otherwise so they told me to go off and practice and come back in a week. So I did and repeated the test and just took it REALLY slow and careful (which is not how I type) and I got like 50 wpm or something, good enough to hire me. Now I still work for them 22 years later. So there IS HOPE! You can be erasing words, eating words into the red one week and laying them down in the black the next. <3

Try going slow and painstakingly and see if it helps.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:08 pm 
Lactose Intolerant...Literally

Thanks! I am going to keep trying. This is embarassing but I made another user name and chose the next level down, since I think that is where I am really at. I need more practice with the numbers/symbols row since I still have to look sometimes.

boychucker.blogspot.com
twitter