| Register  | FAQ  | Search | Login 
It is currently Sun Nov 23, 2014 9:52 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Halloween 2015
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 9:51 pm 
Vegan Since Before There Were Vegetables

Let's get the ball rolling! What are you or your kids (fur or human) dressing up as this year? Post pics when you get them!

We are going as Fionna and Cake from Adventure Time!

Here's the back pack I made for my Fionna costume. I'm still working on Cake, but I'm pretty stoked on how it's coming out so far. I'll post when we actually get dressed up.

Image - my first time sewing anything! hand sewing takes a longggg time!

Post subject: Re: Halloween 2015
PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 10:55 pm 
Huffs Nooch

ijustdiedinside wrote:
Let's get the ball rolling! What are you or your kids (fur or human) dressing up as this year? Post pics when you get them!

We are going as Fionna and Cake from Adventure Time!

Here's the back pack I made for my Fionna costume. I'm still working on Cake, but I'm pretty stoked on how it's coming out so far. I'll post when we actually get dressed up.

Image - my first time sewing anything! hand sewing takes a longggg time!

That looks great! I can't believe you hand-stitched that whole thing.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:22 pm 
Should Spend More Time Helping the Animals

Ha, the auto correct of Fin and Jake to Fionna and Cake is hilarious! Anyway, great costume idea! I might steal it for next year, as we usually do couples costumes, and are into the show. Please post more pictures of the completed costumes when you have them!

Some of our friends had a ridiculously early Halloween party, so we already went as Dexter and victim, complete with a gingerbread box of sugar "slides" with red food coloring blood. It was a massive amount of work, but worth it. We will be reusing the costumes for at least one more party this year.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:33 pm 
Mispronounces Daiya

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
Ha, the auto correct of Fin and Jake to Fionna and Cake is hilarious!
I didn't catch that! I've only seen the show once though... that backpack is awesome!

We're "dressing up" as a bride and groom for halloween... or umm, having a masquerade ball wedding that night!

There is a big club night for halloween on Nov 1, I'm not sure what we'll dress up as for that. We might just wear our wedding clothes and masks or reuse a costume from a previous year. I doubt I'll have much time to put anything together.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:38 pm 
Plays The Sims 2 religiously

My house is throwing a Twin Peaks themed party, and I want to be Jerry. I don't have any money to spend on a costume this year, but I think I should have all I need without buying anything.

Also, at my work - I work on the 31st - my coworkers convinced me to go as Audrey to compliment their Seymour and Audrey 2 costumes. They are lending all the required stuff, so, I'm doing that too!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 11:50 pm 
Angrily Posting on Facebook

We're going to be Sims because... lazy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:31 am 

I bought the BEST big bird costume from a thrift store and I am crazy excited about it. Pics to come for sure! It is one of a kind and hands down the best costume I've ever had (I'm usually lazy). ijdi, that bag is so amazing!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 3:41 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

Rhizopus Oligosporus wrote:
Ha, the auto correct of Fin and Jake to Fionna and Cake...

Apparently these are actual characters from one episode - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fionna_and_Cake

Really interested to see how the Cake costume comes out! Looks kind of tricky, but you've done a great job on the backpack.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:31 am 

Ha yeah, it wasn't autocorrect! there are 2 gender swap episodes of adventure time!

Can't wait to see pics of costumes. Big bird!!

RO, it's so weird when people have early costume parties. I get so self conscious being dressed up in public when it's not within a day or 2 of halloween. Of course, I have to ride the subway, which makes it extra awkward.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:06 am 
Impressive boner

Sadako from The Ring. I'll post terrifying photos when I get the white dress.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 7:35 am 
ugh

2015? I don't plan that far in advance ;)

I'm going to be Wayne from Wayne's World/SNL this year. Easiest costume ever - I only had to buy the hat! My friend is going to be Garth.

I'm trying to convince my husband to be the Will Ferrell "more cowbell" character, and my friend's boyfriend to be Stefon, so we can keep going with the SNL theme.

"I feel like it's not a real political discussion if I'm not morally opposed to something I don't understand." - ndpittman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 am 
BAD PASS

I set myself a reminder via Siri like 7 months ago to go as a random member of kitten Riot, but it kinda seems like a cop-out. Solid color dress, bright tights, and a ski mask. Done.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:11 am 
BAD PASS

Hehe. Kitten Riot.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 9:47 am 
Drinks Wild Tofurkey

We were going to go as Ron Swanson and Tammy 2 from Parks and Rec, but husband does not want to shave his beard, and I realized I would basically just wear my work clothes, so...instead we are both being lumber jacks. We need to go get some plaid shirts and I need to go locate a fake beard, but I am pretty excited to have facial hair.

We are having a party this year and even though only 5 other people have RSVP-ed, I think it will be awesome. We got all sorts of decorations and we're going to make red vegan jello shots to put in syringes (intended for that use. I am pumped.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:11 am 
WELFARIST!

I don't usually dress up, but my friends are having a costume party this weekend and demanded that people dress up or else, so... Anyway, someone suggested that I go dressed as my boyfriend, because he always wears the same thing and is a bit of a character amongst our group of friends. I'm not going to be mean about it or anything (he and I always joke about him wearing the same clothes pretty much every day), but I'm not going to tell him about it beforehand, so it's funnier. What makes it kind of perfect is that he is planning on going as himself from 1988 (mullet wig and high school football jersey), so there will be two versions of him at the same party. I'm kind of stupidly excited about it, but also nervous because I don't want to hurt his feelings. I think that as long as I keep it take and realistic (not exaggerating anything), it will be good.

55k usd is like 4 cad or whatever equivalent in beavers you use on the island - joshua

Awesome. Vegan. Rad.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:30 am 
Lubes With Earth Balance

Mars wrote:
My house is throwing a Twin Peaks themed party, and I want to be Jerry. I don't have any money to spend on a costume this year, but I think I should have all I need without buying anything.

Also, at my work - I work on the 31st - my coworkers convinced me to go as Audrey to compliment their Seymour and Audrey 2 costumes. They are lending all the required stuff, so, I'm doing that too!

This is awesome. I feel like to pull off Jerry you more or less just need to be continuously talking about and eating some kind of food with a slightly creepy voice.

I keep telling my bff that she should dress her family up as twin peaks characters - the 4 year old as the Man from Another Place, the 9 year old (with longish hair) as Bob, her hubby as Cooper, and her as Audrey. It would be the best family Halloween setup ever!

My sweetie is working on Halloween, so I don't think we'll do much of anything this year. I keep thinking about handing out candy or not - but I think the constant ringing of the doorbell would drive my doggy crazy.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:27 am 
Calls "cavemen" on that

will be traveling for business on Halloween (super sad face). Need something cheap, not slutty, and easy to pack.

So: Steve Urkel. I'm a blonde white girl. Why not? (no I am NOT wearing blackface, as everyone seems to assume!)

Should be easy. Plaid shirt, cardigan, buy some suspenders and glasses, borrow some oxfords from someone. Wont take up a lot of room in my suitcase.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 11:35 am 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Nicole wrote:
Mars wrote:

This is awesome. I feel like to pull off Jerry you more or less just need to be continuously talking about and eating some kind of food with a slightly creepy voice.

I think you should also always be eating a baguette with (fake) brie and butter and try to hold unintelligible conversations after taking gigantic bites.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 1:47 pm 
Had sex with a vampire that sparkles.

I'm going as Nightman and if boyfriend wises up, he'll go as Dayman

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:15 pm 
The Real Hamburger Helper

Fee wrote:
I'm going as Nightman and if boyfriend wises up, he'll go as Dayman[/img]

You're a master of karate and friendship for everyone!!!

We are going as Slash and Axl if we get our act together!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:23 pm 
Has it on Blue Vinyl

This thread is full of awesome costume ideas. I especially love Fionna/Cake and Nightman/Dayman. I'm going to be a space cat. I haven't made much progress on the costume, but I have a glittery starry tutu that I've been itching to wear, cat tights (because all cats wear hosiery decorated with pictures of themselves. . .), cat whisker facepaint, and cat ears. I'll probably buy or make a NASA t-shirt, maybe some sort of space helmet, and a tail with stars on it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 2:31 pm 
rowdily playing checkers

Fee wrote:

Genius. I'm going as Marshall Lee because I'm on a trivia team with ijdi and her husband*, but next year I think I'll see if my brother wants to go as the McPoyle twins.

* I'm in my 40s and I still find it super weird to refer to people I know as husbands or wives of other people I know.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:50 pm 
And you never will.

You guys are so much more fun and original than I am! I bought some Maleficent horns and will wear black clothing that I already own for a party this weekend, then probably my Mad Hatter headband and other clothes that I already own to take my kid Trick or Treating on the night. I am boring.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 5:58 pm 

mumbles wrote:
Fee wrote:

Genius. I'm going as Marshall Lee because I'm on a trivia team with ijdi and her husband*, but next year I think I'll see if my brother wants to go as the McPoyle twins.

* I'm in my 40s and I still find it super weird to refer to people I know as husbands or wives of other people I know.

to be honest, it sounds super weird to me, too. especially because it makes him some kind of weird ambiguous human instead of an actual person that you know.

I guess I should start watching It's Always Sunny?

I love the space cat costume!

PostPosted: Mon Oct 20, 2014 6:03 pm 
Because Bob Barker Told Me To

I will probably be Mia Wallace from Pulp Fiction unless I find something really good at the thrift store. I want to be She Ra or Batgirl, but I thought about this waaaaaaay too late! Last year I was 70s Cher, super easy-- vintage dress, long black wig, and big faux fur coat.